No announcement yet.

Ariana Grande

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Britney Spears • Janet Jackson • Christina Aguilera • Michael Jackson • Selena Gomez • Hilary Duff • Taylor Swift • Justin Timberlake

Comment

• She was robbed
      Forever Young

Comment

• Ariana is a true talented vocal queen. But at the rate she releases albums, her own singles and featured singles, she is losing her substance as a legendary artist. She needs to stop with being a "quick charting" artist. Her vocal ability hasnt been introduced in years. She has that quality voice with the likes of legends like Whitney, Mariah, Celine etc. These woman did not lend their vocals as easily as Ariana and thats what kept the thirst.

She needs to pause!!!
        | Ciara | Beyoncé | Janet | Toni | Kelly R | Leona | Tinashe | Whitney | Brandy | Monica | Tevin | Mariah | Britney | Tamia |

Comment

• I disagree, times have changed. Unless you're Adele, long breaks usually mean flop these days. Rihanna also built her career by releasing new album every year for some time. Ariana isn't there yet so she's doing the right thing by releasing new music very often.
          Cha Cha Instructor

Comment

• Originally posted by Preyoncé View Post
            Ariana is a true talented vocal queen. But at the rate she releases albums, her own singles and featured singles, she is losing her substance as a legendary artist.
            Coming off two of her biggest eras so far, string of first ever #1's, her biggest tour ever, one of the biggest streamed albums in history so far... That's losing substance as legendary artist? Ummmm, OK.

Originally posted by Preyoncé View Post
            She needs to stop with being a "quick charting" artist. Her vocal ability hasnt been introduced in years. She has that quality voice with the likes of legends like Whitney, Mariah, Celine etc. These woman did not lend their vocals as easily as Ariana and thats what kept the thirst.
            Box a girl based on what kind of a voice she has and don't let her do her own thing. That's progress right there.

Originally posted by Preyoncé View Post
            She needs to pause!!!
            You need to pause before writing things like this.
            I have received many gifts from God,
            but this is the first time I have ever received a gift from a goddess

Don McLean on Madonna's version of American Pie

Comment

• Originally posted by spiritboy View Post
              I disagree, times have changed. Unless you're Adele, long breaks usually mean flop these days. Rihanna also built her career by releasing new album every year for some time. Ariana isn't there yet so she's doing the right thing by releasing new music very often.
              This. Also the focus isn't on vocalists these days. She's doing the exact thing that a commercial act in 2019 should do.

Comment

• Originally posted by beredy View Post
                Coming off two of her biggest eras so far, string of first ever #1's, her biggest tour ever, one of the biggest streamed albums in history so far... That's losing substance as legendary artist? Ummmm, OK.

Box a girl based on what kind of a voice she has and don't let her do her own thing. That's progress right there.

You need to pause before writing things like this.
                Someone’s pressed
                | Ciara | Beyoncé | Janet | Toni | Kelly R | Leona | Tinashe | Whitney | Brandy | Monica | Tevin | Mariah | Britney | Tamia |

Comment

• How is she losing her legacy as a top artist with non-stop releases? What she's doing is something that older artists from the 1960s and 1970s used to do. Even Diana Ross released music less than 6 months and then released a soundtrack, etc. The problem though is that her image and sound are starting to be be interchangeable with the kind of talk-singing songs she is constantly releasing recently.

To be fair, she is very friendly with accepting collaborations even with those who are far from her calibre as a top act. She's no Beyoncé or Mariah who looks at what is there to gain either chartwise and acclaimwise in collaborating with that artist. It looks random because the songs aren't good ("Monopoly" and "Boyfriend" aren't really great songs) but she does it because she likes to collaborate.

Comment

• Originally posted by GetBack View Post
                    The problem though is that her image and sound are starting to be be interchangeable with the kind of talk-singing songs she is constantly releasing recently.
                    Why is that a problem though? She is still in the same era technically, that began last year on April 20th (so we're at 1 year and 4 months) where those kind of songs fit into the sonic sound of the era. It would've been weird if she suddenly went bubblegum pop with these random single releases. And even if she keeps this style for her next era, so what?

Comment

• Okay, so Wednesday I'll be seeing Ariana live in Amsterdam. One site mentions it starts at 6:30. The ticket says it starts at 7:30. Anyone knows what time she'll probably start?
                      My Instagram... - Click here

Comment

• Originally posted by RayRay View Post
                        Okay, so Wednesday I'll be seeing Ariana live in Amsterdam. One site mentions it starts at 6:30. The ticket says it starts at 7:30. Anyone knows what time she'll probably start?
                        I saw her in Vienna. Was supposed to start at 21:30, but on the day of the concert they put up on Facebook that it will start at 20:30. She also cut boyfriend from the setlist. It's quite possible she decided to do all show earlier so she doesn't have to wait backstage a lot. She also canceled all meet and greet's in Europe.

Comment

Why is that a problem though? She is still in the same era technically, that began last year on April 20th (so we're at 1 year and 4 months) where those kind of songs fit into the sonic sound of the era. It would've been weird if she suddenly went bubblegum pop with these random single releases. And even if she keeps this style for her next era, so what?
                          She is releasing the millennial sound of bubblegum pop right now. Songs like "thank u, next" are no different from Justin Bieber's "Baby" from 10 years ago. In my opinion, she became even more manufactured with her sound but it helped her increase her profile which is always the way to go. It's not bad since Scooter's goal for her is to make her the most important streaming artist ever. What sets her apart from her peers and even from older female artists is she is the vocally the leader in the pop game.

Comment

• Current bubblegum pop? I don't see many other pop girls blending pop, r'n'b and trap right now. So... Thank u, next.

Comment

• I think she finds her style and sound, but the speaking thing is something R Kelly, Usher and Mariah has being doing for years

Comment

• Originally posted by RayRay View Post
                                At which city did you see Ariana? I saw her in Amsterdam last week. The show was brilliant and far from mediocre.
                                Vienna.

Comment

• ^ Too bad you didn't enjoy it.
                                  My Instagram... - Click here

Comment

• Everything seemed half baked production wise, the only thing good were her vocals.

But what I found disappointing the most is that she didn't seem to connect or want to connect with the audience (a bit weird considering her "my fans" outbursts she has from time to time) and felt like a robot saying Vienna every couple of songs. A bit of charm and spontaneity can overcome all the production faults, but alas...

Comment

• Everything seemed half baked production wise, the only thing good were her vocals.

But what I found disappointing the most is that she didn't seem to connect or want to connect with the audience (a bit weird considering her "my fans" outbursts she has from time to time) and felt like a robot saying Vienna every couple of songs. A bit of charm and spontaneity can overcome all the production faults, but alas...

Comment

• Britney Spears • Janet Jackson • Christina Aguilera • Michael Jackson • Selena Gomez • Hilary Duff • Taylor Swift • Justin Timberlake

Comment

• I don't think she will top Thank U, Next as the best song of her career. I don't think there has been any song like that, it is incredibly fresh and personal. This song is a true stamp in her legacy, and kind of defined her new sound. Breathin is probably the second best thing she's done.
                                          I am the maniac, I am the ghoul
                                          I'm in the shadows in the corners of my room

Comment

Everything seemed half baked production wise, the only thing good were her vocals.

Reviews for her concert here all pointed this out too, that she didn't seem to connect at all.
                                            Last edited by Hejira; Sat September 28th, 2019, 16:57.
                                            "Lift up your head
                                            Lift up your heart..."

https://soundcloud.com/jaspervanbeve...orest-of-glass

Comment

• Originally posted by DnBLover View Post
                                              I don't think she will top Thank U, Next as the best song of her career.
                                              Touch It is the best song in her career (I would say so far, but I think it's going to remain that way) tbh. It's just too bad it was never released as a single, thus dooming it to forever remain unknown to anyone who isn't a die-hard fan.
                                              Ain't you ever seen a princess be a bad bitch?

Comment

• I love Touch It, but it really seems to be overrated overall

Comment

• I would be seeing her right now if I wouldn’t be so sick.
                                                  Britney Spears • Janet Jackson • Christina Aguilera • Michael Jackson • Selena Gomez • Hilary Duff • Taylor Swift • Justin Timberlake

Comment

• ^ Aw, so sad to hear that. I hope you'll get better soon!

So I always put together a playlist in my library that goes with the setlist when I plan to visit a concert. No idea why I'm doing that but it just became a thing. So I put together the setlist for Ariana as a playlist yesterday & am listening to it right now and it made me realize how many fantastic hits she actually already released!

So I'm getting super stoked for her upcoming concert (two weeks to go!) but reading the reviews I fear I'll end up being disappointed

edit: Oh, only realized just now that she's not performing "One Last Time". I mean, I get why it's not on the setlist... but I would have loved to hear it live

Comment

• Originally posted by JeremySpears View Post
                                                      I would be seeing her right now if I wouldn’t be so sick.
                                                      so sad to hear that, get well soon

Comment

• I saw what you did there!

Comment

Comment

• Slay.

Comment

• She's grown up so fast. :')

Comment

Working...
                                                              X