Ariana Grande

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OMFG!! My 10 year old self is crying right now
    Britney Spears • Janet Jackson • Christina Aguilera • Michael Jackson • Selena Gomez • Hilary Duff • Taylor Swift • Justin Timberlake

Comment

• So I saw Ari last night, and I must say I was underwhelmed.

The show started late, and not cute late, but like an entire hour late, which may have been slightly acceptable were the show on a weekend date, and not in the middle of the work week. Then there was a big lull between the time her (terrible) opening act Social House performed and Ari actually came on stage. I could've listened to Kanye's current album in that space of time, but then the star of the show came on stage, and I thought everything was good to go.

I was eagerly anticipating my two big Ari faves: "God Is a Woman" and "Breathin". I felt like she did a great job vocally on the former, and it came early on in the show, right after the intro "Raindrops" track, so things got off to a good start. I feel like "God Is a Woman" lends itself to a backing choir for a live setting, but her actual arrangement was fine, and I got my entire life anyway.

Then we get to the bulk of the show, and I must say that Ari felt incredibly disconnected from the audience. She 'danced' and tried her best to serve sexy pop vixen, but it came off as robotic and too Barbie-esque. Then we got to "Breathin", a song that I've actually seen Ariana slay in a live setting (her Sweetener sessions), but she just ran through it as if the song's message meant nothing.

The big surprise she teased on social media was an entirely uneventful Victorious reunion that it seemed the lion's share of the crowd didn't care for, and speaking of the crowd, for a stadium supposedly filled with Ari fans, they sure didn't know a lot of the lyrics, which was weird to me.

Overall, I was disappointed. She's an outstanding vocalist, and I feel like she didn't play to that strength, instead focusing to try to sell a weak production, when she's not at all a natural showgirl. She'd cancelled her previous show due to illness so a lot of people were unsure she'd even be physically ready to put on a show last night. I give her kudos for powering through, but the show itself could use a lot of work. I still can't believe someone with such a brilliant voice (particularly upper range) didn't showcase that more.

As I was leaving, I overheard a lady describe the entire spectacle as "bizarre", and I kinda agreed with her. I don't think I'd pay to see her live again.
      Akini's Top 400 Songs of the 2010s: [385-381]

The forest was shrinking, but the trees kept voting for the axe, for the axe was clever and convinced the trees that because his handle was made of wood, he was one of them.

Comment

• Britney Spears • Janet Jackson • Christina Aguilera • Michael Jackson • Selena Gomez • Hilary Duff • Taylor Swift • Justin Timberlake

Comment

• She might be a good singer but she's a boring performer, i'd probably never pay to see her live even though i love her songs.
          Cha Cha Instructor

Comment

• That mini victorious reunion was cute

Comment

• Aw... I'm sorry to hear your experience wasn't the best [MENTION=23802]JSparksFan[/MENTION]

I feel like this tour is getting on her. It's a huge tour and if she already was sick previously, then I wouldn't be surprised if she's not in the best condition still.

With that said, I would have loved to experience that Victorious reunion. But I loved watching the show back in the days, so there's that

Comment

• Originally posted by Tansike View Post
                Aw... I'm sorry to hear your experience wasn't the best [MENTION=23802]JSparksFan[/MENTION]

I feel like this tour is getting on her. It's a huge tour and if she already was sick previously, then I wouldn't be surprised if she's not in the best condition still.

With that said, I would have loved to experience that Victorious reunion. But I loved watching the show back in the days, so there's that
                Yeah, thankfully, the tour comes to a close next month. She probably needs to rest.

The forest was shrinking, but the trees kept voting for the axe, for the axe was clever and convinced the trees that because his handle was made of wood, he was one of them.

Comment

• Britney Spears • Janet Jackson • Christina Aguilera • Michael Jackson • Selena Gomez • Hilary Duff • Taylor Swift • Justin Timberlake

Comment

• Sorry for the spam, but...

Comment

• 5.05.2009 / 6.22.2011 / 4.24.2013 / 4.25.2013 / 3.1.2014 / 9.13.2014 / 7.21.2016 / 7.14.2018 / 7.15.2018

Comment

• Looks like she knows that her chances are so low (almost all awards this 2019 barely cared about her) that her ego has been checked after last year's drama.

Comment

• Originally posted by JeremySpears View Post
                          Voters for what?
                          My Instagram... - Click here

Comment

• Originally posted by RayRay View Post
                            Voters for what?
                            https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.cnb...-concerts.html

uS presidential elections.
                            I have received many gifts from God,
                            but this is the first time I have ever received a gift from a goddess

Don McLean on Madonna's version of American Pie

Comment

• Good thing is, Ari fans definitely won't be voting for republicans
                              MY INSTAGRAM

Free Amazon Vouchers

Comment

• I just wanna watch Ari's performance, don't really care about the Grammys.
                                Ain't you ever seen a princess be a bad bitch?

Comment

• Awwww Akini. I'm kinda glad I didn't go.

She needs background singers. She's too much of a vocalist to have her backing vocals during live arrangements. Also the live arrangements could be jazzed up a bit more.
                                  Originally posted by snoh aalegra

- Ugh, those feels again

Comment

• I don't know how I didn't see [MENTION=23802]JSparksFan[/MENTION] review before. It's word for word the same experience I had. And I also was the most disappointed with breathin'. I looked forward to that one the most and it was such a halfassed, emotionless performance.
                                    I have received many gifts from God,
                                    but this is the first time I have ever received a gift from a goddess

Don McLean on Madonna's version of American Pie

Comment

• Overall she needs to work on her breath control and add bgsingers to her tour for sure, and maybe a proper band.
                                      She has improved step by step over the years though as performer, but there is a lot room for improvement.

Comment

• Originally posted by ThaInfo1 View Post
                                        Awwww Akini. I'm kinda glad I didn't go.

She needs background singers. She's too much of a vocalist to have her backing vocals during live arrangements. Also the live arrangements could be jazzed up a bit more.
                                        She does. I feel like she focuses more on the presentation than anything else and even that's lacking.

Originally posted by beredy View Post
                                        I don't know how I didn't see [MENTION=23802]JSparksFan[/MENTION] review before. It's word for word the same experience I had. And I also was the most disappointed with breathin'. I looked forward to that one the most and it was such a halfassed, emotionless performance.
                                        Yeah, she literally skipped from one end of the stage to the other during "Breathin" and for a song that I have such passion for (my #1 song of 2018, probably among my top 20 songs ever at this point), I was really confused by how disconnected she felt from her own track (especially one that I suspect has deep personal relevance to her as well).

Comment

• Loved her outfit. <3

Ain't you ever seen a princess be a bad bitch?

Comment

• 5.05.2009 / 6.22.2011 / 4.24.2013 / 4.25.2013 / 3.1.2014 / 9.13.2014 / 7.21.2016 / 7.14.2018 / 7.15.2018

Comment

• Comment

Working...
                                              X