One World: Together At Home - COVID-19 Benefit Concert

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• One World: Together At Home - COVID-19 Benefit Concert

Lady Gaga is to curate One World: Together at Home, a live-streamed and televised benefit concert in support of the World Health Organization’s Covid-19 solidarity response fund and in celebration of health workers around the world.

The lineup includes Lady Gaga, Billie Eilish and her brother Finneas, Lizzo, J Balvin, Stevie Wonder, Paul McCartney, Billie Joe Armstrong of Green Day, Alanis Morissette, Burna Boy, Andrea Bocelli, Chris Martin of Coldplay, Eddie Vedder of Pearl Jam, Elton John, John Legend, Kacey Musgraves, Keith Urban and Lang Lang.
    The US talk show hosts Jimmy Fallon, Jimmy Kimmel and Stephen Colbert will host the event, which broadcasts live across the US television networks ABC, CBS and NBC, as well as being streamed online, at 8pm EST on 18 April.

BBC One will show an adapted version of the concert on 19 April, including exclusive performances from UK artists and interviews with frontline health workers. The details of the broadcast are yet to be announced.

Other celebrities expected to appear include David Beckham, Idris and Sabrina Elba, Kerry Washington, Priyanka Chopra Jonas, Shah Rukh Khan and Sesame Street cast members.

The WHO and the social action platform Global Citizen have partnered to produce the event. The latter’s Together at Home series, launched last month, has featured performances from artists in isolation including Shawn Mendes, Camila Cabello and Rufus Wainwright.
    THRILLER’S SOUNDS OF THE 90s

It's good that they air it on TV and don't just have it on streaming platforms.
    Don't need hindsight
    I'll make my emotions clear
    And then disappear
    With one strike
    (All Saints)

Comment

This is amazing!

Comment

The lineup is quite stale. It is missing SUPERSTARS.

Comment

Many more artists joined the line up

Comment

I’m interested to see how this will turn out and whether the stars will make an effort with the productions or it’ll just be them with a guitar in their living room x100.

Comment

Celine's there, I'm watching.

Comment

Comment

Comment

OH CELINE <3 <3 <3

Comment

Originally posted by Thriller View Post
                      I’m interested to see how this will turn out and whether the stars will make an effort with the productions or it’ll just be them with a guitar in their living room x100.
                      This. just flicked it on in the background, and I know they can only do so much considering the circumstances (when you compare this to something like Firefight Australia, although its a completely different setting of course), but some of this is a little bit of a drag when a few of them (that I've seen so far at least) are trying for the 'intimate and inspirational' stripped back performance as much as possible... Oh, Keith Urban's just come on singing something with a bit more kick (a country cover of Higher Love), thank goodness for just a little bit of energy.
                      Last edited by Affillate; Sun April 19th, 2020, 02:20.
                      UKMIXtapes Vol.3 | ROUND 9!

Comment

Comment

When you look at the playlist overall, it's like it was one long funeral setlist. So many slow tempo and sad songs. Wasn't this supposed to cheer up people a little?
                          I have received many gifts from God,
                          but this is the first time I have ever received a gift from a goddess

Don McLean on Madonna's version of American Pie

Comment

Full album with 79 songs performed yesterday now available on streaming platforms.

Proceeds from streams will be donated to the #COVID Solidarity Response Fund.

Comment

Didn't watch the concert cause i knew i'd be bored, but great effort for a great cause so congrats to Gaga for curating this and artists who contributed with their voice.

Will $127m be donated to global healthcare workers or US citizens only?
                              Cha Cha Instructor

Comment

Originally posted by spiritboy View Post
                                Didn't watch the concert cause i knew i'd be bored, but great effort for a great cause so congrats to Gaga for curating this and artists who contributed with their voice.

Will $127m be donated to global healthcare workers or US citizens only?
                                One World: Together At Home raised a total of $127.9 million, providing $55.1 million to the COVID-19 Solidarity Response Fund and $72.8 million to local and regional responders.

Following One World: Together At Home, a historic global broadcasting event, Global Citizen together with Lady Gaga, announced $127 million in commitments to date in support of health care workers in the fight against the COVID-19 pandemic.

World leaders, corporate partners and philanthropists announced their support for the COVID-19 Solidarity Response Fund for WHO, powered by the UN Foundation, during theOne World:Together At Home global broadcast event. Donations to the fund will also support the vaccine development alliance Coalition for Epidemic Preparedness Innovations (CEPI) and UNICEF. The Together At Home effort will also aid over 100 additional local and regional charities that will also receive funds, including Education Cannot Wait, Direct Care, Feeding America and United Way, among others. Changemakers, investors, and foundation leaders came together to contribute quickly to related efforts, like strengthening health care systems and investing in vaccine development.

The historic broadcast was hosted by Jimmy Fallon, Jimmy Kimmel, and Stephen Colbert, alongside friends from Sesame Street to help unify and inspire people around the world. The special featured communities impacted by COVID-19 across the world, and included conversations with — and tributes to — the political leaders, scientists, health care professionals, and other essential service workers on the frontlines.

Last month, in response to the global pandemic, Global Citizen launched an urgent campaign in support of the COVID-19 Solidarity Response Fund. Kicked off by Global Citizen Festival Curator and Coldplay Frontman Chris Martin through the first #TogetherAtHome Instagram live show, the campaign calls on individuals to take action and urges world leaders and corporations to support the response with sufficient resources. Global Citizens from over 150 countries around the world have taken hundreds of thousands of actions in support of the response fund.
                                The COVID-19 Solidarity Response Fund

The COVID-19 Solidarity Response Fund enables the tracking and containment of the spread of the coronavirus, ensuring patients and frontline workers get the resources they need, while supporting and accelerating efforts to develop vaccines, tests, and treatments. The incredible generosity shown to the COVID-19 Solidarity Response Fund will help the World Health Organization (WHO), UNICEF, CEPI, and partners accelerate their life-saving work. The One World: Together At Home campaign has raised commitments valued at $55.1 million in support of the COVID-19 Solidarity Response Fund.
                                Regional and Local Response

Regional and local organizations around the world are stepping up and shifting their efforts to address the particular challenges brought up by COVID-19. Food banks are providing meals to millions of families whose children are usually fed at school, shelters and community organizations are ensuring housing is safe and secure, and financial institutions are offering loans and assistance to those finding themselves without work. Thanks to the work of the organizations listed below, as well as many others, these efforts continue to be supported. The One World: Together at Home campaign has raised commitments valued at $72.8 million in support of these regional and local efforts worldwide.

One World: Together At Home presented a balanced combination of government statements, health-related visions and remarks, as well as strong financial commitments from the private sector. Key moments in One World: Together At Home are summarized below.

Global Citizen’s activities were strongly supported by the United Nations Secretary-General, António Guterres, who used this opportunity to call for unity and a global ceasefire in order to focus on the virus, while saluting the bravery of health care heroes and looking forward to
                                "rebuild[ing] a fairer world as united Global Citizens and United Nations."

UN Deputy Secretary-General Amina Mohammed also thanked Global Citizens for the solidarity shown in supporting health workers and called for support on the race to find a vaccine.

"COVID-19 anywhere is a threat everywhere," she said.

https://www.globalcitizen.org/en/con...t-home-impact/

Comment

Thanks a lot, she really did a great job there. It's a very noble cause and i hope a solution (vaccine/medicine) will be found soon.
                                  Cha Cha Instructor

Comment

It's a huge amount of money to raise, so well done to Gaga and all involved.

Comment

Didn’t watch because it sounded a bit drab in the end but glad it raised so much money.

Comment

Just checked Elton out, his voice isn’t in great shape is it? Shame.

Comment

Did JLo really submit a pre-recorded performance

Comment

Originally posted by LotsOfLove View Post
                                            Did JLo really submit a pre-recorded performance

Surprised?

Comment

I just watched the performance of The prayer and got goosebumps watching it. My eyes welled up. That is one super emotional yet powerful performance. My only minor gripe was that John Legend, as great as he is, didn't feel like a natural fit. Would've been extraordinary had another big vocalist sang those parts.

Comment

I found the whole thing a bit dreary and draggy. I applaud the collective effort though. Thank you to all participants.

Comment

Working...
                                                X