2020 VMAs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2020 VMAs

The nominations are out and they are a hot mess.

Artist of the Year

• DaBaby
    • Justin Bieber
    • Lady Gaga
    • Megan Thee Stallion
    • Post Malone
    • The Weeknd

Video of the Year

• everything i wanted
    • Rain On Me
    • Godzilla
    • Life Is Good
    • The Man
    • Blinding Lights

Song of the Year

• everything i wanted
    • Say So
    • Rain On Me
    • Savage
    • Circles
    • The Box

Best New Artist

• Doja Cat
    • Jack Harlow
    • Lewis Capaldi
    • Roddy Ricch
    • Tate McRae
    • YUNGBLUD

Best Collaboration

• Stuck with U
    • RITMO (Bad Boys For Life)
    • Beautiful People
    • Life Is Good
    • Tusa
    • Rain On Me

Best Pop

• On
    • you should be sad
    • What a Man Gotta Do
    • Intentions
    • Rain On Me
    • Lover

Best Hip-Hop

• BOP
    • Godzilla
    • Life Is Good
    • Savage
    • The Box
    • HIGHEST IN THE ROOM

Best R&B

• Underdog
    • Do It
    • Slide
    • Eleven
    • Cuz I Love You
    • Blinding Lights

Best K-Pop

• On
    • Obsession
    • Oh My God
    • SOMEONE'S SOMEONE
    • Psycho
    • 9 and Three Quarters (Run Away)

Best Latin

• China
    • Yo Perreo Sola
    • MAMACITA
    • Amarillo
    • Tusa
    • Quι Pena

Best Rock

• Happy Days
    • Orphans
    • Wasted On You
    • Dear Future Self (Hands Up)
    • Oh Yeah!
    • Caution

Best Alternative

• If You're Too Shy (Let Me Know)
    • Some Kind Of Disaster
    • Let's Fall in Love for the Night
    • Doin' Time
    • Bloody Valentine
    • Level of Concern

Best Music Video from Home

• Wildflower
    • Stuck with U
    • Happy Days
    • Toosie Slide
    • Bigger Love
    • Level of Concern

Best Quarantine Performance

• Chloe X Halle "Do It" from MTV Prom-Athon
    • CNCO MTV Unplugged At Home
    • DJ D-NICE Club MTV Presents: #DanceTogether
    • John Legend #TogetherAtHome Concert Series
    • Lady Gaga "Smile" from One World: Together At Home
    • Post Malone Nirvana Tribute

Video For Good

• Lockdown
    • all the good girls go to hell
    • I Love Me
    • I Can’t Breathe
    • The Bigger Picture
    • The Man
    Last edited by JeremySpears; Thu July 30, 2020, 21:48.
    Britney Spears • Janet Jackson • Christina Aguilera • Michael Jackson • Selena Gomez • Hilary Duff • Taylor Swift • Justin Timberlake

Professional categories:

Best Direction

• xanny
    • Say So
    • Don’t Start Now
    • Adore You
    • The Man
    • Blinding Lights

Best Art Direction

• Babushka Boi
    • Physical
    • Adore You
    • Mother's Daughter
    • Boyfriend
    • Lover

Best Choreography

• On
    • Honey Boo
    • BOP
    • Physical
    • Rain On Me
    • Motivation

Best Cinematography

• Old Me
    • My Oh My
    • Harleys in Hawaii
    • Rain On Me
    • Blinding Lights

Best Editing

• Graveyard
    • Can’t Believe the Way We Flow
    • Good As Hell
    • Mother's Daughter
    • A Palι
    • Blinding Lights

Best Visual Effects

• I Love Me
    • Physical
    • Adore You
    • Rain On Me
    • HIGHEST IN THE ROOM
    Last edited by JeremySpears; Thu July 30, 2020, 23:29.
    Britney Spears • Janet Jackson • Christina Aguilera • Michael Jackson • Selena Gomez • Hilary Duff • Taylor Swift • Justin Timberlake

Comment

Reserved.
      Last edited by JeremySpears; Thu July 30, 2020, 23:29.

Comment

Did they lie??? They did not.

Comment

"UNDERDOGS" & "BLINDING LIGHTS" ARE NOT R&B AT ALL!!!! Urgh I hate it when awards shows do this. They could've given these two spots to ACTUAL R&B videos that are more deserving. Goodbye.

Comment

4. Snubbed: Harry Styles, Dua Lipa and Selena Gomez

You have to wonder if Harry Styles' "Watermelon Sugar" ended up being too new for this year's VMAs -- since despite it being one of the year's most popular and captivating videos, it was completely shut out of the 2020 nominations. (Styles' "Adore You" is up for three technical awards: best direction, best art direction and best visual effects). Dua Lipa is also technical-only this year -- with her "Don't Start Now" snaring a best direction nod and "Physical" nominated for best art direction, best visual effects and best choreography -- while Selena Gomez's clips scored a lone nod for best art direction ("Boyfriend"). All three had some of the biggest and best-loved top 40 hits of the past year, so to see none even make a best pop cameo comes as a surprise.
            https://www.billboard.com/articles/n...things-to-know

Just pointing this out again...

Comment

Shit as usual. Considering nobody cares about these anymore, they could at least turn to quality instead of popularity.
              I have received many gifts from God,
              but this is the first time I have ever received a gift from a goddess

Don McLean on Madonna's version of American Pie

Comment

INSIDER snapped with their opinions on the nominations:

The 7 biggest snubs of the 2020 VMAs nominations

• Dua Lipa should have been nominated for artist of the year.

• Harry Styles only received three nominations, and none in major categories.

• Normani's "Motivation" deserved more than one nomination.

• Selena Gomez's "Lose You to Love Me" should have been nominated for video of the year.

• Halsey received just two nominations, even though every video from her "Manic" era has been stunning.

• "Mother's Daughter" by Miley Cyrus was only nominated in technical categories, despite its powerful premise and gorgeous execution.

• Once again, BTS was snubbed for video, artist, and song of the year.
                https://www.insider.com/vmas-2020-no...-of-the-year-7

5 artists who don't deserve their 2020 VMA nominations — sorry

• Justin Bieber shouldn't have been nominated for artist of the year.

• "Intentions" didn't deserve a nod for best pop, either.

• Taylor Swift's "Lover," while a spectacular song, also feels out of place in the best pop category.

• Drake and Future didn't need a video of the year nomination for "Life Is Good."

• Eminem's "Godzilla" is another undeserving video of the year contender.
                https://www.insider.com/2020-vma-nom...ar-contender-5
                Last edited by JeremySpears; Wed August 5, 2020, 13:39.

Comment

Comment

Keke will be a great host. Also love the True Jackson throwback lol.

Comment

Comment

So all the A-list stars are busy or what?

Comment

^ Literally nothing good on that list except for The Weeknd. Mess.

Comment

Her and her fans really ignored that show for years but as soon as she gets nominations she performs there again.

Anyway at least they finally announced a good performer.

Comment

Originally posted by JeremySpears View Post
                              [tweet]

Her and her fans really ignored that show for years but as soon as she gets nominations she performs there again.
                              ??

In fact it’s the VMAs who ignored her from 2011 to 2019...

What did you expect? Her to be promoting the show when she’s been not nominated or invited to perform?

Were you really expecting the most nominated artist to ignore this year’s show? Or her fans to boycott the show because she was not nominated these past years?

Can’t see your point.

Comment

I hope Gaga performs the piano version of 1000 Doves and segues into the uptempo version and then announces it as the next single immediately after.
                                She needs to relaunch Chrome with something fresh and people tend to respond well to her piano live versions. See Dope.

Comment

Okay Gaga & the Weeknd are great performers. Hopefully they'll bring something new to the table.

BTS are good performers too but some of their latest material haven't clicked with me.

Comment

I can see Miley and Billie joining, Cardi and Megan most likely too. Taylor, Dua and Harry would be a nice addition and they should actually get decent viewing numbers with the lineup so far tbh
                                    aRat's NUDES LEAKED

Comment

Originally posted by BeeBoy View Post
                                      I can see Miley and Billie joining, Cardi and Megan most likely too. Taylor, Dua and Harry would be a nice addition and they should actually get decent viewing numbers with the lineup so far tbh
                                      And a medley for You-Know-What by You-Know-Who.
                                      5.05.2009 / 6.22.2011 / 4.24.2013 / 4.25.2013 / 3.1.2014 / 9.13.2014 / 7.21.2016 / 7.14.2018 / 7.15.2018

Comment

Dua and Harry should definitely ignore this irrelevant show.
                                        Cha Cha Instructor

Comment

Y'all acting like anybody cares about performances on VMA's
                                          I have received many gifts from God,
                                          but this is the first time I have ever received a gift from a goddess

Don McLean on Madonna's version of American Pie

Comment

Comment

^ Yes, Miley is a great performer. Will add something to the lacklustre line up.

Comment

Comment

Comment

Working...
                                                  X