Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Grammys 2021 Thread (info, predictions, nominations, wins)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Apple is trying to politicize the Grammys and that's always a bad thing when it comes to entertainment shows. The award show should be about praising artistic achievements in modern music and not judging who's the socially responsible and who's the bad guy - there are different platforms for that. The same way, I don't like her remark towards the nomination of women in the rock category. In the end, a record should get nominated because it's great and not because of the musician's gender or ethnic background.
    Pro: freedom of speech
    Contra: cancel culture

Comment

• She is irrelevant. just trying to be edgy.
      Zero tolerance for : bigotry, racism, wilful ignorance.
      Pronouns: He / Him

Comment

• Fiona Apple has the most acclaimed album of the year, it went #4 on BB200 just on word of mouth. She is super talented and the industry side-tracked her with her exclusion in AOTY.

Comment

• Personally I find it unlistenable and I'm glad she wasn't nominated. She's completely overrated.
          Zero tolerance for : bigotry, racism, wilful ignorance.
          Pronouns: He / Him

Comment

• I mean, she's not wrong about the Dr. Luke situation...
            Rest In Peace Lilly!

Comment

• Dr.Luke didn't abuse or rape Kesha so he totally deserves that nomination. Say So is one of the best songs of 2020 and we need more bops like that.
              Cha Cha Instructor

Comment

• Grammys have pandering tendencies to sell something each year
                Grammys 2018 was kinda inspired by the #MeToo (Kesha medley)
                Grammys 2019 was about women winning after 2018 awards deemed a mans show
                Grammys 2020 are painted as #BLM year(I can’t breathe in SOTY)

I think they totally forgot about the Dr.Luke situation, it doesn’t sell their current agenda.

Comment

• The Recording Academy announced on Monday that Grandmaster Flash & The Furious Five, Lionel Hampton, Marilyn Horne, Salt-N- Pepa, Selena and the Talking Heads will be recipients of the organization’s Lifetime Achievement Awards. The presentations will take place during the 63rd annual Grammy Awards next month.

The Lifetime Achievement Award celebrates performers who have made outstanding contributions of artistic significance to the field of recording.
                  https://deadline.com/2020/12/selena-...ts-1234660812/
                  My music library: LAST.FM

Comment

• Dua has a huge chance of winning a lot. She hasn't lost a Grammy yet, and she had a solid year, but the R&B fans will again drag her if she snatches any of the General Field wins. It took Beyoncé 12 years to win in the General Field for "Single Ladies", Rihanna and Lizzo have yet to win a General Field award, the same goes for current R&B contenders Jhené Aiko and H.E.R.

Originally posted by PopFan View Post
                    Grammys have pandering tendencies to sell something each year
                    Grammys 2018 was kinda inspired by the #MeToo (Kesha medley)
                    Grammys 2019 was about women winning after 2018 awards deemed a mans show
                    Grammys 2020 are painted as #BLM year(I can’t breathe in SOTY)
                    Exactly! However, with Biden as president-elect, I think people are over that now.

Comment

• Originally posted by GetBack View Post
                      Dua has a huge chance of winning a lot. She hasn't lost a Grammy yet, and she had a solid year, but the R&B fans will again drag her if she snatches any of the General Field wins. It took Beyoncé 12 years to win in the General Field for "Single Ladies", Rihanna and Lizzo have yet to win a General Field award, the same goes for current R&B contenders Jhené Aiko and H.E.R.

Exactly! However, with Biden as president-elect, I think people are over that now.

It is true, although the voting is underway until 4th of January, so winners are kinda determined by now. Let’s wait and see.

Comment

• Originally posted by PopFan View Post
                        Dua Lipa won’t win AOTY. Her album wasn’t that big in USA. It will be a shock if she wins. Folklrore and FN have similar acclaim, but Folklore has the singer-songwriter narrative that gives more credibility and I think voters will choose Taylor.
                        Dua is BNA winner she definately looking good. This is BAD year for Taylor to win even for her sake. Her album good or bad was not the album that captured the essence sthat was 2020 and we ALL know that.
                        Forever Young

Comment

• Originally posted by Loveguru View Post

Dua is BNA winner she definately looking good. This is BAD year for Taylor to win even for her sake. Her album good or bad was not the album that captured the essence sthat was 2020 and we ALL know that.
                          What's the 2020 essence?

Comment

Nah, this will be the perfect year for Taylor to win another AOTY Grammy. Yes, some people will fume and it will be forgotten soon. Just look at The Weeknd controversy, who cares about it anymore apart from The Weeknd and his team?
                            Cha Cha Instructor

Comment

• The voting is officialy completed today.

Comment

• Three Grammy Nominees For Best Children’s Album Withdraw Due to All-White Category

Three of the five acts contending for the 2021 Best Children’s Album Grammy Award have declined their nominations. As NPR reports, The Okee Dokee Brothers, Dog on Fleas, and Alastair Moock are protesting because the Recording Academy failed to consider any non-white artists.

The three groups sent a joint letter to the Recording Academy asking that their names be removed from consideration. They wrote that they “couldn’t in good conscience benefit from a process that has historically overlooked women and artists of color.”

“After this year, to have an all-white slate of nominees seemed really tone deaf,” said Moock. He was nominated for Be a Pain, an album about American heroes including Martin Luther King, Jr, Rosa Parks, Harvey Milk, and the Parkland shooting survivors. Moock added that he’d still like to win a Grammy, “but I don’t want it like this, where the playing field’s not even.”

Justin Lansing, one of The Okee Dokee Brothers, said it was especially important to take a stand because children’s music artists are “tasked with modeling fairness and kindness to kids and families.” His partner Joe Mailander, added that, “We thought that it was the strongest thing we could do, to stand with people of color whose albums are too often left out of the Grammy nominations.” He continued, “This is not just white guys with guitars playing for kids. We want to welcome all different types of music to this community.”

When asked by NPR who should have been nominated, the groups pointed to Pierce Freelon, whose album D.A.D. traversed jazz, hip-hop, electronic, and Caribbean music. Pierce applauded the decision by the three nominees, saying, “I just couldn’t think of another example in my memory of white men specifically revoking their privilege in this way.” He in turn mentioned a lifetime of snubs directed at 96-year-old folk singer Ella Jenkins. “She’s probably the most prolific and foundational person in children’s music,” he said. “And she’s a Black woman. But guess what? She’s never won a Grammy Award through the Recording Academy process. They had to give her an honorary lifetime achievement award, but she actually never got that recognition from her peers in the industry.”

One of the two artists who chose to remain on the ballot is Joanie Leeds, nominated for her feminist album For All The Ladies. According to Leeds, “I didn’t decline because my album is really about empowering young women. I mean, I have 20 women on my album. So for us, it was like it was kind of counter to to our empowering women message to step down.” She added, “I know that this is really about the guys that dropped out, but I feel like a lot of times women are kind of left on the side. It’s a shame. I wish there was more equality with women.”

The Okee Dokee Brothers, Dog on Fleas, and Alastair Moock have supported Leeds’ decision. The fifth nominee, Justin Roberts, has so far declined to comment.
                                My music library: LAST.FM

Comment

• Just cancel it completely
                                  Britney Spears • Janet Jackson • Christina Aguilera • Michael Jackson • Selena Gomez • Hilary Duff • Taylor Swift • Justin Timberlake

Comment

• Welp, when the new info comes in I will update the op with the new ceremony date.

Comment

• So that means no new era launch for Adele, our faves are safe.
                                      Cha Cha Instructor

Comment

What are you talking about? Folklore is THE essence of 2020.
                                        Haven't been early since '88

Comment

• Originally posted by spiritboy View Post
                                          So that means no new era launch for Adele, our faves are safe.
                                          ...until March.
                                          5.05.2009 / 6.22.2011 / 4.24.2013 / 4.25.2013 / 3.1.2014 / 9.13.2014 / 7.21.2016 / 7.14.2018 / 7.15.2018

Comment

• It's understandable, but they need to hurry up with the vaccination now. Regarding the Adele comment: I'm sure everyone will be fine even if they didn't debut at No. 1 instantly ;) . Neither Dua Lipa's nor Harry Styles's record did in the UK and both even up as as a success.
                                            Pro: freedom of speech
                                            Contra: cancel culture

Comment

• Well this is annoying...
                                              Rest In Peace Lilly!

Comment

• March 14th new date.

Comment

• 5.05.2009 / 6.22.2011 / 4.24.2013 / 4.25.2013 / 3.1.2014 / 9.13.2014 / 7.21.2016 / 7.14.2018 / 7.15.2018

Comment

• This is so bad. I mean we had vma's and ema's, without any problems.
                                                    Did they thought that they'll have audience and live show completely?

They should've pre-recoreded performances with LIVE vocals and artist should've been on zoom.
                                                    They sould've had call from their own base, home, with their teams.

They could've make great show without delaying.
                                                    BEST SONGS&ALBUMS OF 2017
                                                    YOURS, FOREVER. // JOSS JONES (Tracklist)

Comment

Working...
                                                    X