Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Grammys 2021 Thread (info, predictions, nominations, wins)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• That doesn't make sense at all, because they knew about Covid for months so they could've prepared an alternate solution.

A shame, but it is what it is. Still crossing my fingers for Taylor to snatch AOTY.

Comment

• Originally posted by Tansike View Post
      That doesn't make sense at all, because they knew about Covid for months so they could've prepared an alternate solution.
      Exactly this.
      Now it's just bad organisation.

Comment

• The Covid cases in LA are kinda rising, I don’t know if this delay will solve something. Make it virtual or no-audience.

Comment

• Originally posted by Colbie View Post
          Exactly this.
          Now it's just bad organisation.
          I literally read something a few months ago in a press release where they had said something like Grammys will go ahead as planned despite COVID and I remember thinking How delusional can you be Grammys.
          " Princess of Pop Katy Perry "

Comment

• It is just bad planning here on their behalf I think, VMAs, AMAs, BBMAs took place despite Covid-19.

Comment

• Originally posted by PopFan View Post
              It is just bad planning here on their behalf I think, VMAs, AMAs, BBMAs took place despite Covid-19.
              Yes but they were under the illusion that they were going to have the show as normal, with audience and everything

Comment

• Originally posted by PopFan View Post
                The Covid cases in LA are kinda rising, I don’t know if this delay will solve something. Make it virtual or no-audience.
                They probably hoped for Corona to not be the big thing it is at the moment. To be honest, the Grammys live from the connection between the audience, the performers, the winners and the presenters, so I don't know any alternative that would be appropriate. What if all artists had a Corona test beforehand?

Besides, this reminds me of the the Weeknd issue. How does that work now considering the Superbowl is an even bigger event than the Grammys in the US?

Comment

• Originally posted by theMathematician View Post

They probably hoped for Corona to not be the big thing it is at the moment. To be honest, the Grammys live from the connection between the audience, the performers, the winners and the presenters, so I don't know any alternative that would be appropriate. What if all artists had a Corona test beforehand?

Besides, this reminds me of the the Weeknd issue. How does that work now considering the Superbowl is an even bigger event than the Grammys in the US?
                  Super Bowl will take Place on its scheduled day, don’t know the details, but Grammys were kinda unprofessional here. There are many ways to host a safe show, it is just they want to invite 1.000 people in Staples Center no matter what.

Comment

• Originally posted by theMathematician View Post

Corona has been a "big thing" in the US for the last 9 months so that was rather shortsighted on their part.

And what about the audience ? Should they all just take their chances ?

Comment

• They could have done what the Emmys pulled off in September and added pre-recorded performance like the VMAs did in August.

It was silly of them to expect, and plan for, a face to face event with covid still running wild for at least another year.
                      Rest In Peace Lilly!

Comment

• Grammy Awards: Details Emerge About Rescheduled, Audience-Free Show

Since the Grammy Awards were moved from Jan. 31 to March 14, updates have been few and far between, but a number of details have begun to emerge about how the show will be run, sources tell Variety, although as with everything during a pandemic, it’s all subject to change. A rep for the show declined Variety‘s requests for comment.

The ceremony will be held in the outdoor portion of the Los Angeles Convention Center, with the show’s traditional home of the Staples Center — which is located essentially next door — as the backdrop.

There will be no audience, although a small number of media will be attending, and plans call for a live red carpet broadcast featuring performers and presenters. Most members of the media have already registered for virtual screenings.

A number of live performances are planned, but many are likely to be pre-recorded, possibly at venues other than the Convention Center.

The reports are an evolution of the most recent comments from Grammy chief Harvey Mason jr., who told Variety on Jan. 7 that the show will be held “in and around” the Convention Center, where “there’s room there for indoor and outdoor activity.” While the postponing of the show from Jan. 31 to March 14 was in response to the dramatic rise in COVID-19 cases in Southern California late last year, the date move also increases the likelihood of warmer weather for an outdoor ceremony. Events around the 2019 show were marred by unusually low temperatures, in the low to mid 50s, which is cold for the area, even in January.

The precise location is unclear, but it’s possible that L.A. Live, the open plaza surrounding the two buildings, will be an option; likewise the roof of the venue, where performers often enter and equipment is loaded in and out, could be under consideration, or Gilbert Lindsay Plaza, red carpets often take place. It’s also possible that segments could be staged from any two, or all three.

Also, in an interview in December, first-time Grammy executive producer Ben Winston said, “I’m looking to do something quite exciting with the independent venues — supporting them and putting a spotlight on them in what has been a really tough year for them,” referencing the hundreds of independent concert rooms that have been devastated by the pandemic, and will be receiving $10 billion in aid due to the Save Our Stages act. While Mason was hesitant to address that issue when speaking with Variety last month — “It’s hard to say at this point, honestly, but I know there are conversations around supporting independent venues in some capacity,” he said — it seems possible that a remote or prerecorded performance could take place at an iconic venue like the Troubadour in Los Angeles or Tipitina’s in New Orleans.

https://variety.com/2021/music/news/...ce-1234897775/
                        5.05.2009 / 6.22.2011 / 4.24.2013 / 4.25.2013 / 3.1.2014 / 9.13.2014 / 7.21.2016 / 7.14.2018 / 7.15.2018

Comment

• Could they still be struggling with the performers? It's crazy that the show is in 13 days and not a single performer has been announced.

P.S. I mentioned this before, but could we please merge the two Grammy 2021 threads, or at least rename this one?
                          Rest In Peace Lilly!

Comment

• Maybe they'll do some kind of countdown? Haven't there been performers announced for the original show? There have been artists revealing rehearsals already (Megan for example). At least it wouldn't make sense if they struggle with it in any form, I doubt anyone dropped out from the original show
                            aRat's NUDES LEAKED

Comment

• They should just do pre-recorded performances really...

Comment

• Originally posted by BeeBoy View Post
                                Maybe they'll do some kind of countdown? Haven't there been performers announced for the original show? There have been artists revealing rehearsals already (Megan for example). At least it wouldn't make sense if they struggle with it in any form, I doubt anyone dropped out from the original show
                                They haven't, and the latest they left it previous years is 3 weeks before the show. We're less than two weeks away now and still nothing. Only DaBaby said he'll be performing (which they haven't confirmed).

abi I'm thinking of pre-recorded performances too, but if the Grammys are still scrambling to sort out performers, I'm not sure they'll be actual time for those to be recorded
                                Rest In Peace Lilly!

Comment

• They're teasing so hopefully we'll know this week.
                                  Rest In Peace Lilly!

Comment

• Imagine if Rihanna, Adele and Beyoncé launch their new eras at the Grammys.
                                    Cha Cha Instructor

Comment

• Ok now they're trolling. Performance packed lol.

It's in 10 days and still no performers announced
                                      Rest In Peace Lilly!

Comment

• ^Maybe they're gonna pull a Beyonce and surprise release the performer list at once?

Also, what's a 'premiere ceremony'?

Comment

• Originally posted by abi View Post
                                          ^Maybe they're gonna pull a Beyonce and surprise release the performer list at once?

Also, what's a 'premiere ceremony'?

It means the first showing.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ska8er View Post

Ok now they're trolling. Performance packed lol.

It's in 10 days and still no performers announced

EDIT: HANG ON, so that's not the actual show? Then you're right
                                            aRat's NUDES LEAKED

Comment

• Yeah, that's the pre-show.

A bit annoying that they didn'r give Jhené a slot on the actual ceremony. She is an AOTY nominee after all.
                                              Rest In Peace Lilly!

Comment

• Originally posted by Ska8er View Post
                                                Yeah, that's the pre-show.

A bit annoying that they didn'r give Jhené a slot on the actual ceremony. She is an AOTY nominee after all.
                                                She is just hosting the pre-show. She could still perform at the main ceremony.
                                                Beauty is beauty, whether is black or white

Comment

• Many people have come across this ad on Paramount+ today, so we have our first batch of confirmed performers.

Bad Bunny
                                                  Billie Eilish
                                                  Harry Styles
                                                  Marren Morris
                                                  Post Malone
                                                  Taylor Swift.

There's apparently 4 ads coming out, this being one of them, so they'll be around 20-24 performers.
                                                  Last edited by Omiros; Sat March 6, 2021, 03:05.
                                                  Rest In Peace Lilly!

Comment

• Those names are very expected although I'm a little surprised about Bad Bunny. He's been having a great year though.

I wonder if Post is launching a new era cause in that case this year's gonna be packed with many major artists rumored to be releasing soon as well.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X