Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Grammys 2021 Thread (info, predictions, nominations, wins)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by UndercovaSista View Post
    Daily reminder that an artist is not allowed to be nominated more than once depending on the category. Check page 23: https://www.grammy.com/sites/com/files/2020rulebook.pdf
    Wait does this mean WAP/Savage Remix can't be beoth nominated for Rap Performance? Since Rule A applied to that category?
    aRat's NUDES LEAKED

Comment

Yes. Only one of these can

Rap has a committee, so who knows the song they are choosing

Comment

Well that's crap then. WAP is more recent and the bigger hit out of the two.

They might choose Savage because it's less provocative, but I don't think that's an issue in the genre. Megan should've made Cardi hold back a couple weeks.
        Rest In Peace Lilly!

Comment

The Weeknd submitted After Hours to Pop Vocal Album.

Pop music stans are fuming

Comment

That would potentially mean a win for Ungodly Hour?

I cannot think of any other competition in that category.
            Rest In Peace Lilly!

Comment

Weird choice.. he was clearly winner for urban contemporary album.

He's going head to head w Chromatia, Folklore, Future Nostalgia and Fine Line.

Weird
              BEST SONGS&ALBUMS OF 2017
              YOURS, FOREVER. // JOSS JONES (Tracklist)

Comment

i rlly wonder who will sneak out to pop vocal category

The Weeknd
                Harry Styles
                Dua Lipa
                Post Malone
                Lady Gaga
                Taylor?
                Billie Eilish?

I hope Christina with Reflection can sneak out in that category as nominee

And Loyal Brave and True for song for visual media...
                BEST SONGS&ALBUMS OF 2017
                YOURS, FOREVER. // JOSS JONES (Tracklist)

Comment

Originally posted by Ska8er View Post

Summer Walker

Comment

If we talk about quality there is no competition in that cetegory even After Hours would've been there. The girls deserve it, hands down!

I think Summer Walker would submit to R&B, or did something else leak?

Last edited by BeeBoy; Fri October 2, 2020, 10:42.
                    aRat's NUDES LEAKED

Comment

I forgot about Summer Walker. She could get it from CxH as her album is more critically and commercially successful. Having said that, her behaviour isn't great and her social anxiety has resulted in minimal promo, while CxH and their tennis court have been everywhere this year.

I think The Weeknd might have done it as a statement? He had R&B in the bag, but maybe he wanted to prove that a non white artist can win in Pop too? I can't even remember the last one to do so.
                      Rest In Peace Lilly!

Comment

Isn't it a pop album?
                        Pro: freedom of speech
                        Contra: cancel culture

Comment

Originally posted by theMathematician View Post

Isn't it a pop album?
                          Yes, it was submitted correctly.

But pop divas stans were expecting it to go to Progressive R&B

Comment

I see. You mean 'urban contemporary', don't you? That's the kind of sound I'd link to his debut compilation 'Trilogy' as opposed to the more traditional sound of R&B, soul and hip hop. Don't think he's still doing much of that sound, is he?

Comment

They changed it's name to Progressive R&B

Comment

Originally posted by theMathematician View Post
                                I see. You mean 'urban contemporary', don't you? That's the kind of sound I'd link to his debut compilation 'Trilogy' as opposed to the more traditional sound of R&B, soul and hip hop. Don't think he's still doing much of that sound, is he?
                                Urban Contemporary has been renamed to Progressive this year.

I actually find that the album mostly leans towards R&B, but I get why it would be considered Pop too.

The Pop field is quite crowded this year, but I think it will be Abel, Taylor, Dua, Post, and a toss up between Gaga and Harry.
                                Rest In Peace Lilly!

Comment

Chilombo by Jhene Aiko! That album was really hyped on social media and spawned a few hits as well so it might be strong competition. I'm fine with either one of them though, they both deserve it! If Bieber decided to submit to Progressive R&B and wins then we'll riot.

Comment

Originally posted by abi View Post
                                    If Bieber decided to submit to Progressive R&B and wins then we'll riot.
                                    Nevermind, Biebz submitted the whole Changes stuff to Pop. Funny cause he was campaigning so hard for R&Bieber earlier this year.

Comment

Originally posted by abi View Post
                                      Nevermind, Biebz submitted the whole Changes stuff to Pop. Funny cause he was campaigning so hard for R&Bieber earlier this year.
                                      The committee could have moved it to Pop. They did it with Post a year or two ago.
                                      Rest In Peace Lilly!

Comment

I expect Michael Kiwanuka will receive an AOTY nomination since his album is highly acclaimed and won the Mercury Prize.
                                        Cha Cha Instructor

Comment

He's definitely a critics' darling, but with the Grammys, you never know towards which criteria they lean when considering AOTY each year. 'Babel' had a 63/100 on Metacritic back in the day, though I don't know why critics were that harsh on that album actually.

Comment

I love Kiwanuka, but I don't think it did anything in the US to get that nomination. I haven't seen him mentioned in predictions.

Hope to be proven wrong though. Would love to see him nominated.
                                            Rest In Peace Lilly!

Comment

Cardi B didn't submit WAP anywhere, so it won't split votes with Savage after all.
                                              Rest In Peace Lilly!

Comment

The R&B field is a mess. They should've been more clear with which ones are categorized as 'traditional R&B' and which ones are 'progressive R&B'. 'Contemporary R&B' should've been it cause it's very clear, it's basically modern R&B with Hip-hop and Pop twists. Now the submissions are all messed up because there seems to be a bit of confusion.

Tinashe, Kiana Lede, Teyana Taylor and JoJo submitted to the 'regular' R&B while Chloe x Halle, Summer Walker, Kehlani are in Progressive R&B. Not sure about Jhene so far.

Oh, and Summer also submitted "Come Thru" to Traditional R&B Performance.

Comment

I think they submitted to Traditional R&B to avoid the stiff competition (i.e. The Weeknd).

It's better this way, they'll have more chance to be nominated
                                                  Rest In Peace Lilly!

Comment

Cardi B didn't submit WAP anywhere, so it won't split votes with Savage after all.
                                                    She's apparently saving it for the album, so she'll probably submit for the 2022 Grammys.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X