Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Grammys 2021 Thread (info, predictions, nominations, wins)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Ska8er View Post
    Folklore winning is so weird. I did predict it before the show, but she's won nothing else tonight.

Has there been another AOTY that didn't win in any other category?
    Multiple times.
    1969: Glen Campbell – By The Time I Get To Phoenix
    1973: George Harrison – The Concert For Bangla Desh
    1978: Fleetwood Mac – Rumours
    1982: John Lennon & Yoko Ono – Double Fantasy
    1987: Paul Simon – Graceland
    1989: George Michael – Faith
    2011: Arcade Fire – The Suburbs

Comment

• I think the Best Pop Album category was so strong this year (excluding Bieber)! I think they all deserved to win. The only categories which I absolutely don't understand are Record of the Year and Song of the Year - ridiculous. But good for them!

I'm so happy Taylor, Miranda Lambert, Gaga, Harry, Dua, and Fiona Apple won!

Also good for Beyonce - maybe she's finally give us a rap album, after all she is a much better rapper than most "real" ones.
      Haven't been early since '88

Comment

• I see Bee pulled out the checkbook again.

Dua performance is really awesome !!

Comment

• Originally posted by Nostalgiee View Post
          I see Bee pulled out the checkbook again.
          Go on then, tell us which award she didn't deserve.

Claiming she keeps buying her awards when she's only won a third of her nominations and keeps losing in the General Field will never make sense to me.
          Rest In Peace Lilly!

Comment

Go on then, tell us which award she didn't deserve.

Claiming she keeps buying her awards when she's only won a third of her nominations and keeps losing in the General Field will never make sense to me.
            Bey has more Grammy Awards than MJ, Whitney, Queen and Prince combined.
            You don't need to be an expert to see that her winning amount of prizes is weird to say the least.
            Xtina / Nathy Peluso / Rosalía / Nina Simone / Lauren Hill

Comment

• Queen Taylor slaying again.

Folklore was the album that deserved the AOTY most, it was a huge success commercially and critically.
              Cha Cha Instructor

Comment

• Originally posted by likeidogoldlink View Post

Bey has more Grammy Awards than MJ, Whitney, Queen and Prince combined.
                You don't need to be an expert to see that her winning amount of prizes is weird to say the least.
                She might be favoured by the comittee when it comes to nominations, but in no way are her wins undeserving. Her wins also include Destiny's Child, so that's 28 wins in three decades and a dozen albums, plus collaborations.

Feel free to check her wins and tell me which one you thought was undeserved
                Rest In Peace Lilly!

Comment

She might be favoured by the comittee when it comes to nominations, but in no way are her wins undeserving. Her wins also include Destiny's Child, so that's 28 wins in three decades and a dozen albums, plus collaborations.

The mere fact that she has nearly 30 Grammys in popular categories (rnb is popular) is just weird. I don't think she doesn't deserve, but Whitney / MJ (2 times) / Prince also recorded rnb and they have 4 times less Grammys than her.

Comment

• A Grammy Award is a nice accolade, that's all. Madonna is one of the biggest female artists ever and some of her albums has more cultural impact than 90% of Grammy winners so if you win one, it's nice. If you don't it's not the end of the world.
                    Cha Cha Instructor

Comment

• I see people woke up bitter today. Most of the artists listed were as diverse and big as she is in catering to diverse categories, R&B, Pop, Rock, Rap, music video music film, visual media, duo/group, best surround sound.. She has it all
                      Most of these artists didn't manage to have a career as long as Bey too. It's hard to swallow but while they are All legends none of them stayed on top of their game for 23 years except Michael. And he has most wins in a night and out of the bunch for a reason.
                      One artist winning isn't wrong because others have been wrongfully snubbed anyway. Let's be glad legends get their flowers while they're here
                      aRat's NUDES LEAKED

Comment

• Originally posted by spiritboy View Post
                        A Grammy Award is a nice accolade, that's all. Madonna is one of the biggest female artists ever and some of her albums has more cultural impact than 90% of Grammy winners so if you win one, it's nice. If you don't it's not the end of the world.
                        Plus that too, it's an award not an organ transplant
                        aRat's NUDES LEAKED

Comment

A Grammy Award is a nice accolade, that's all. Madonna is one of the biggest female artists ever and some of her albums has more cultural impact than 90% of Grammy winners so if you win one, it's nice. If you don't it's not the end of the world.
                          You're 100 percent right. But if the Grammy is to be the most important music award, then they should strive more to make this award more elitist.
                          Another aspect is that they should only focus on the art, not the sales, but that's a discussion for another day.

Comment

I love Beyoncé but, off the top of my head, that Female r&b vocal performance win for DIL2 over Erykah and Mary J, Single Ladies winning both R&b song and Female R&b Vocal performance over Ledisi, Maxwell, Jazmine, Lalah, etc. That was clout and name-check as its finest. But she´s been robbed other times (losing AOTY twice clearly, no win for Music Film despite changing that aspect for good in the last decade, etc) so she compensates, I guess.
                            Beauty is beauty, whether is black or white

Comment

• WAP coming for a clean sweep next year I see
                              See The Mariah Carey Discography Rate
                              See The Report Card - Weekly Top Songs

Comment

• Originally posted by bm08 View Post
                                WAP coming for a clean sweep next year I see
                                I dont know tbh, I feel like it's too late by then. it was big now during voting period once the next one starts it's already over a year old that's never good for a song's chances
                                aRat's NUDES LEAKED

Comment

• Did Doja Cat perform?
                                  Cha Cha Instructor

Comment

Did Doja Cat perform?
                                    Yes, she did Say So, but I can't find a link.
                                    Rest In Peace Lilly!

Comment

Did Doja Cat perform?
                                      https://www.grammy.com/grammys/video...80%AF%E2%80%AF

Comment

• I'm also So happy for Kali Uchis. From an underrated gem to a WW smash hit and grammy winner in the span of two months incredible
                                        aRat's NUDES LEAKED

Comment

• Originally posted by BeeBoy View Post
                                          I'm also So happy for Kali Uchis. From an underrated gem to a WW smash hit and grammy winner in the span of two months incredible
                                          Which WW smash hit? She's amazing so deserves all she can get. I've been a bit away these past months and I feel like I've missed a lot.
                                          I am the maniac, I am the ghoul
                                          I'm in the shadows in the corners of my room

Comment

• Originally posted by DnBLover View Post

Which WW smash hit? She's amazing so deserves all she can get. I've been a bit away these past months and I feel like I've missed a lot.
                                            Telepatía
                                            aRat's NUDES LEAKED

Comment

• This is amazing! Bless her

See The Mariah Carey Discography Rate
                                              See The Report Card - Weekly Top Songs

Comment

• I love that so much.
                                                Rest In Peace Lilly!

Comment

• Bless her! So happy for Tiffany!
                                                  "I see it, I like it, I want it... I GOT IT."

Comment

• Originally posted by ludichris View Post
                                                    Here are the Betting favourites for some categories:

Album of the Year - Folklore (Taylor Swift)
                                                    Record of the Year - Don't Start Now (Dua Lipa)
                                                    Song of the Year - Cardigan (Taylor Swift)
                                                    Best New Artist - Megan Thee Stallion
                                                    Best Pop Vocal Album - Folklore (Taylor Swift)
                                                    Best Pop Duo/Group Performance - Exile (Taylor Swift ft. Bon Iver)
                                                    Best Rock Album - The New Abnormal (The Strokes)
                                                    Best Rock Song - Shameika (Fiona Apple)
                                                    Best R&B Song - Black Parade (Beyonce)
                                                    Best Rap Song - Savage (Megan Thee Stallion ft. Beyonce)
                                                    So only 3 out of the 10 favourites ended up winning, meaning quite a few people lost money yesterday.

I think what happened yesterday was excellent for the main part as things are far too predictable with the Grammy's a lot of the time. I do disagree with the outcome of all but one of the main categories though.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X