Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Grammys 2021 Thread (info, predictions, nominations, wins)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• bm08
    replied
    WAP coming for a clean sweep next year I see

Leave a comment:

• Beautyisbeauty
    replied
    Originally posted by Ska8er View Post

She might be favoured by the comittee when it comes to nominations, but in no way are her wins undeserving. Her wins also include Destiny's Child, so that's 28 wins in three decades and a dozen albums, plus collaborations.

Feel free to check her wins and tell me which one you thought was undeserved
    I love Beyoncé but, off the top of my head, that Female r&b vocal performance win for DIL2 over Erykah and Mary J, Single Ladies winning both R&b song and Female R&b Vocal performance over Ledisi, Maxwell, Jazmine, Lalah, etc. That was clout and name-check as its finest. But she´s been robbed other times (losing AOTY twice clearly, no win for Music Film despite changing that aspect for good in the last decade, etc) so she compensates, I guess.

Leave a comment:

• likeidogoldlink
    replied
    Originally posted by spiritboy View Post
    A Grammy Award is a nice accolade, that's all. Madonna is one of the biggest female artists ever and some of her albums has more cultural impact than 90% of Grammy winners so if you win one, it's nice. If you don't it's not the end of the world.
    You're 100 percent right. But if the Grammy is to be the most important music award, then they should strive more to make this award more elitist.
    Another aspect is that they should only focus on the art, not the sales, but that's a discussion for another day.

Leave a comment:

• BeeBoy
    replied
    Originally posted by spiritboy View Post
    A Grammy Award is a nice accolade, that's all. Madonna is one of the biggest female artists ever and some of her albums has more cultural impact than 90% of Grammy winners so if you win one, it's nice. If you don't it's not the end of the world.
    Plus that too, it's an award not an organ transplant

Leave a comment:

• BeeBoy
    replied
    I see people woke up bitter today. Most of the artists listed were as diverse and big as she is in catering to diverse categories, R&B, Pop, Rock, Rap, music video music film, visual media, duo/group, best surround sound.. She has it all
    Most of these artists didn't manage to have a career as long as Bey too. It's hard to swallow but while they are All legends none of them stayed on top of their game for 23 years except Michael. And he has most wins in a night and out of the bunch for a reason.
    One artist winning isn't wrong because others have been wrongfully snubbed anyway. Let's be glad legends get their flowers while they're here

Leave a comment:

• spiritboy
    replied

Leave a comment:

• likeidogoldlink
    replied

She might be favoured by the comittee when it comes to nominations, but in no way are her wins undeserving. Her wins also include Destiny's Child, so that's 28 wins in three decades and a dozen albums, plus collaborations.

The mere fact that she has nearly 30 Grammys in popular categories (rnb is popular) is just weird. I don't think she doesn't deserve, but Whitney / MJ (2 times) / Prince also recorded rnb and they have 4 times less Grammys than her.

Leave a comment:

• Omiros
    replied
    Originally posted by likeidogoldlink View Post

Bey has more Grammy Awards than MJ, Whitney, Queen and Prince combined.
    You don't need to be an expert to see that her winning amount of prizes is weird to say the least.

Leave a comment:

• spiritboy
    replied
    Queen Taylor slaying again.

Folklore was the album that deserved the AOTY most, it was a huge success commercially and critically.

Leave a comment:

• likeidogoldlink
    replied

Go on then, tell us which award she didn't deserve.

Claiming she keeps buying her awards when she's only won a third of her nominations and keeps losing in the General Field will never make sense to me.
    Bey has more Grammy Awards than MJ, Whitney, Queen and Prince combined.
    You don't need to be an expert to see that her winning amount of prizes is weird to say the least.

Leave a comment:

• Omiros
    replied
    Originally posted by Nostalgiee View Post
    I see Bee pulled out the checkbook again.
    Go on then, tell us which award she didn't deserve.

Claiming she keeps buying her awards when she's only won a third of her nominations and keeps losing in the General Field will never make sense to me.

Leave a comment:

• Nost
    replied
    I see Bee pulled out the checkbook again.

Dua performance is really awesome !!

Leave a comment:

• mattsky
    replied
    I think the Best Pop Album category was so strong this year (excluding Bieber)! I think they all deserved to win. The only categories which I absolutely don't understand are Record of the Year and Song of the Year - ridiculous. But good for them!

I'm so happy Taylor, Miranda Lambert, Gaga, Harry, Dua, and Fiona Apple won!

Also good for Beyonce - maybe she's finally give us a rap album, after all she is a much better rapper than most "real" ones.

Leave a comment:

• Morningglory
    replied
    Folklore winning is so weird. I did predict it before the show, but she's won nothing else tonight.

Has there been another AOTY that didn't win in any other category?
    Multiple times.
    1969: Glen Campbell – By The Time I Get To Phoenix
    1973: George Harrison – The Concert For Bangla Desh
    1978: Fleetwood Mac – Rumours
    1982: John Lennon & Yoko Ono – Double Fantasy
    1987: Paul Simon – Graceland
    1989: George Michael – Faith
    2011: Arcade Fire – The Suburbs

Leave a comment:

• aang
    replied
    Dua's performance was good. Nothing could top her EMA's performance of "Don't Start Now" though. I was shocked when I watched that video.

Leave a comment:

• Moonbeam
    replied
    I wish Dua Lipa had won more, but happy she at least got Best Pop Vocal Album. That said, it was kind of nice that the awards were spread around a bit.

Leave a comment:

• KEY9481
    replied
    Dua really stepped it up on stage.

Leave a comment:

• Wayne
    replied
    Pleased for Harry winning Pop Vocal Performance with Watermelon Sugar. He also deserved Pop Vocal Album though with Fine Line.

Leave a comment:

• Nippian93
    replied
    Originally posted by abi View Post
    ANYWAYS are the Dua Lipa & Cardi/Megan performances on YouTube yet officially? Those are the two I was the most excited for let me check.

Leave a comment:

• InFamous
    replied
    I really liked Harry performance. Dead at the host shading Boris Johnson after lol

Leave a comment:

• aang
    replied
    Just watched the "WAP clip and sorry y'all that was bad. Not sure if it had to do with the choreography but it was disappointing.

Leave a comment:

• InFamous
    replied
    The way she couldnt wait to get it off her She did well to win this tbh. Congrats aRat

Leave a comment:

• InFamous
    replied
    Was that Dua's first time to wear a mask all year !?

Leave a comment:

• KEY9481
    replied
    She really won't acknowledge her involvement on Savage, holding out only two Grammys smh

Leave a comment:

• aang
    replied
    ANYWAYS are the Dua Lipa & Cardi/Megan performances on YouTube yet officially? Those are the two I was the most excited for let me check.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X