Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Grammys 2021 Thread (info, predictions, nominations, wins)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by theMathematician View Post
    Thanks for your detailed comment regarding your thoughts on the nominees in that category and why you consider Megan a possible winner all things considered!
    It's been a great conversation and very fitting for today's nominations.

Two hours to go!
    Rest In Peace Lilly!

Comment

I will update the thread when the Grammys livestream is done.

Comment

20 min!

Comment

Did a nod ever merge the threads?
          Rest In Peace Lilly!

Comment

whoa at the women rocking the rock categories ! very good

Comment

Not them deciding to announce all the categories this year
              Rest In Peace Lilly!

Comment

Jack Antonoff getting a Producer nom is a good sign for Folklore.

Happy for Kiwanuka getting a Best Rock Album nomination.
                Rest In Peace Lilly!

Comment

The Weeknd conpletely snubbed in the Pop category.
                  Rest In Peace Lilly!

Comment

THE WEEKND IS SNUBBED WHAT THE HEEEEEECCCCCCCCCCKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKK

Congrats to BTS, Beyonce & Chloe x Halle though!

Comment

They seriously nominated Changes and Yummy...aight I'm out this is garbage already.

All I'm gonna say is Taylor but win everything and Black Is King deserves to win the category it’s nominated in. Selena was snubbed and Chloe x Halle deserve all their nominations.
                      Britney Spears • Janet Jackson • Christina Aguilera • Michael Jackson • Selena Gomez • Hilary Duff • Taylor Swift •

Comment

Can't believe Bieber got over The Weeknd. That will be a huge topic.

Surprised Summer Walker and Jojo were snubbed too.

Obviously happy for the CxH, Bey and Megan noms. I didn't expect Black Parade to show up.
                        Rest In Peace Lilly!

Comment

kaytranada !!!!!

bts, bieber pop category - joke
                          Xtina / Nathy Peluso / Rosalía / Nina Simone / Lauren Hill

Comment

Brandy deserved nominations as well...I hate the Scammys.
                            Britney Spears • Janet Jackson • Christina Aguilera • Michael Jackson • Selena Gomez • Hilary Duff • Taylor Swift •

Comment

I can't believe yummy yummy yummy yum is nominated over THE "Blinding Lights"!

Comment

Originally posted by abi View Post
                                THE WEEKND IS SNUBBED WHAT THE HEEEEEECCCCCCCCCCKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKK

Congrats to BTS, Beyonce & Chloe x Halle though!
                                shocking indeed!

Comment

Tbh I've totally lost interest in the GRAMMYs.

Let me try though.

Album of the Year
                                  Taylor Swift, Folklore
                                  The Weeknd, After Hours
                                  Lady Gaga, Chromatica
                                  Harry Styles, Fine Line
                                  Jhene Aiko, Chilombo
                                  Roddy Rich, Please Excuse Me for Being Antisocial
                                  Other contenders: Dua Lipa, Future Nostalgia, Chloe x Halle, Ungodly Hour, BTS, Map of the Soul: 7
                                  I KNEW IITTTTT! Let's go Jheneeee!

Not "Black Parade" sweeping though!

Comment

OVER THE MOON FOR THE BEY NOMS!

She also breaks a record for being nominated twice for ROTY.

The AOTY list is a shock. Everyone was off. I can't believe that The Weeknd was completely shut out.
                                    Rest In Peace Lilly!

Comment

DUA yes Where are the nominations for Weeknd? Beyonce and so many nominations?
                                      Xtina / Nathy Peluso / Rosalía / Nina Simone / Lauren Hill

Comment

How many noms Dua got?

Comment

Scooter Braun really tried his best for those Bieber noms.

Noah Cyrus is so random for best new artist, and so is Kaytranada (i consider him well established).

I expected love for Summer Walker, but I guess that's what happens when you don't work the promo circuit.

HAIM being snubbed in the album category of their field yet getting AOTY is weird. Alternatively, Fiona ruled the field but wasn't nominated in the General Field.

Coldplay and Jhene were never in AOTY discussions, so i'm still trying to process how they ended up in there.
                                          Rest In Peace Lilly!

Comment

Also Ungodly Hour > Chilombo. Sorry abi, i don't get that nom
                                            Rest In Peace Lilly!

Comment

Originally posted by Ska8er View Post
                                              Also Ungodly Hour > Chilombo. Sorry abi, i don't get that nom
                                              Well poor you. J/k Ungodly Hour & Chilombo are kinda on par to me but I have to give a slight edge to Chilombo. Ungodly kinda still feels a little too teeny-ish in some songs.

A bit disappointed that Summer Walker got snubbed since "Come Thru" with Usher has been my song of the year for over a year now!

Comment

I'm really shocked at Blinding Lights snub

I'm glad for Dua, Taylor and Coldplay though.

Comment

Well poor you. J/k Ungodly Hour & Chilombo are kinda on par to me but I have to give a slight edge to Chilombo. Ungodly kinda still feels a little too teeny-ish in some songs.

A bit disappointed that Summer Walker got snubbed since "Come Thru" with Usher has been my song of the year for over a year now!
                                                  The album came a year ago, and her lack of promo was the nail in the coffin. If she tried even half as much as CxH she'll be all over the R&B field at least.

Btw I also noticed that H.E.R. didn't get any love in the R&B field either. Black Parade went from the dark horse to the frontrunner.
                                                  Rest In Peace Lilly!

Comment

• Originally posted by Nanda View Post
                                                    How many noms Dua got?

Comment

Working...
                                                    X