Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Grammys 2021 Thread (info, predictions, nominations, wins)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by InFamous View Post
    Halsey last year with her speech at the VMA's
    You meant the AMAs, don't you? I just listened to her speech there and I'm not really satisfied with her argumentation that awards decided by fan votes were superior. According to that, Esperanza Spalding would not deserve her award for the sole fact that she hasn't got a big fanbase. So there has to be an award show based on quality instead of quantity and I do think that the Grammys do a good job despite a few unpopular decisions here or there,
    You dare to call me crazy, have you looked around this place?
    I should walk away.
    Oh, I should walk away.
    But I think I'll stay.
    (Miley Cyrus)

Comment

• Originally posted by InFamous View Post

I hope he wins one, the vitriol targeted at him since last night has been an absolute disgrace, as if it is his fault his work was nominated. He has the right to submit it, just the same as any other artist.
      Other artists don't have Scooter Braun getting votes from every corner of the committee though. There's no way he deserved a single nomination for those Nokia ringtones, let alone four.
      Rest In Peace Lilly!

Comment

• Originally posted by Ska8er View Post

Other artists don't have Scooter Braun getting votes from every corner of the committee though. There's no way he deserved a single nomination for those Nokia ringtones, let alone four.
        Any fan base can claim that someone doesn't deserve a nomination. I mean that is exactly what you are complaining about that people are doing about your fave Bey

His work was submitted, he was nominated. Your claim that Scooter is buying votes is all conjecture, same way people claim that Bey buys her noms. End end.

Comment

• Originally posted by theMathematician View Post

You meant the AMAs, don't you? I just listened to her speech there and I'm not really satisfied with her argumentation that awards decided by fan votes were superior. According to that, Esperanza Spalding would not deserve her award for the sole fact that she hasn't got a big fanbase. So there has to be an award show based on quality instead of quantity and I do think that the Grammys do a good job despite a few unpopular decisions here or there,
          Whatever one she went crying on last year. I didn't bother to check.

Comment

• Thrilled to see Emily King get a nod this year, such a talent!

As for the debacle about The Weeknd, it's the age old too R&B for pop, too pop for R&B ​​​​

Comment

• Drake weighs in:

See latest news on Reports, Infractions & Bans
              See The Report Card - Weekly Top Songs

Comment

• I was surprised to hear Beyonce had been nominated for something, I didn't realise she'd had anything out since Single Ladies. The Weeknd is coming across as a little entitled to me.
                1 Harry Styles |2 Michael Gray|3 PNAU|4 Jessie Frye |5 Marina

Comment

• Originally posted by SholasBoy View Post
                  I was surprised to hear Beyonce had been nominated for something, I didn't realise she'd had anything out since Single Ladies. The Weeknd is coming across as a little entitled to me.
                  Not sure if this is a diss, but you and the rest of the GP since she doesn't promote anything
                  Rest In Peace Lilly!

Comment

I was surprised to hear Beyonce had been nominated for something, I didn't realise she'd had anything out since Single Ladies. The Weeknd is coming across as a little entitled to me.
                    I'm a bit surprised because... As someone who doesn't follow her career, you obviously don't have to be up to date with everything she releases. I however thought that 'Beyoncé's impact was big enough for everyone who's at least a bit into music/pop culture to notice ^^ .
                    You dare to call me crazy, have you looked around this place?
                    I should walk away.
                    Oh, I should walk away.
                    But I think I'll stay.
                    (Miley Cyrus)

Comment

• so edgy! to live under a rock really sounds amazing
                      aRat's NUDES LEAKED

Comment

• Originally posted by BeeBoy View Post
                        so edgy! to live under a rock really sounds amazing

Is that where she's been?
                        1 Harry Styles |2 Michael Gray|3 PNAU|4 Jessie Frye |5 Marina

Comment

Is that where she's been?
                          Yes she lived there since she divorced Jay-Z in 2009 and released Single Ladies.
                          aRat's NUDES LEAKED

Comment

• Beyonce leads with 9 nominations?? Are you kidding me??

Comment

• Nobody expected 9 noms for Beyonce in her off year.

Comment

• I think The Weeknd should have not commented at all. However, since everyone including veteran legends are speaking out about his snub more than the nominations, it does add to his ego.

It's crazy how it sucks to be Beyoncé right now. Compared to her yearly "gracious adoration" during Grammy nominations announcement, and despite getting nominated for the same song for two consecutive years and all that bias towards her favor, there's no buzz for her anymore. This is pretty much her home turf but no one is interested about her nominations, and The Weeknd overshadowed everything that the committee planned for.

Looks like Harvey Mason is getting fired after this year's mess. The fact that they gave BTS a nomination (with that mediocre song) and completely snubbed The Weeknd is so obvious.

Comment

• The only issue I have with bey nominations are for Black Parade.

Savage was a big hit and she deserve the Video nominations.

Diva!!!

Comment

• Black Parade has been in the Top 20 GoldDerby predictions since the minute it dropped, and that list is compiled by top prediction users, experts and editors. Its nominations didn't come out of thin air, but people weren't expecting it to get them because she didn't promote the song at all. Also, it is the only BLM contender to give all its proceeds to charity (in this instance, black businesses) and it's one of the few songs of the year to hit #1 in the Digital Songs chart. If it received a normal single treatment it would have been a definite lock for these categories, but it seems that it somehow managed to get them regardless.

GetBack I don't get where you see the lack of buzz, because all publications start with "Beyoncé leads Grammy noms", Black Parade was one of the biggest trending Twitter topics that day, and it's been almost a week and we and other forums are still talking about it. Maybe the lack of 'buzz' you're seeing is because of the lack of promo, to which I'll agree with you.

You're also hinting that she may have overshadowed The Weeknd, but there were a lot of surprises in the General Field categories. Fiona Apple, Harry Styles and Marren Morris were all predicted to get in but didn't. And I mentioned it beforehand but it's funny how some people are going against Bey, who literally did 0 promo and has nothing to benefit from these noms in terms of career boost or sales, yet Bieber, Coldplay and Julia Michaels are right there.

Everyone expected BTS to get that nomination. K-pop has been huge for the past few years and the genre deserves some recognition from the industry. Considering it's one of the biggest songs of the year which was promoted everywhere and achieved multiple weeks at #1, it was a frontrunner. I personally dislike the song but find its nomination justifiable.
                                    Rest In Peace Lilly!

Comment

• Ska8er what do you think is the problem with Coldplay being there? This was their most well received album since Viva La Vida, with political statements, embracing world music and collaborating with the most diverse artists. Also producing some amazing music that I doubt most people hating have even played.
                                      I am the maniac, I am the ghoul
                                      I'm in the shadows in the corners of my room

Comment

• Originally posted by DnBLover View Post
                                        Ska8er what do you think is the problem with Coldplay being there? This was their most well received album since Viva La Vida, with political statements, embracing world music and collaborating with the most diverse artists. Also producing some amazing music that I doubt most people hating have even played.
                                        Because the album was nowhere to be found in predictions and didn't perform well commercially. It also received 73% on Metacritic and 6.8/10 on Pitchfork, so I wouldn't say it had critical acclaim either.
                                        Rest In Peace Lilly!

Comment

• First attempt to predict winners in GF

AOTY: Folklore
                                          ROTY: Dont Start Now
                                          SOTY: I Cant Breathe or Cardigan
                                          BNA: Doja Cat or Meghan Thee Stallion

What’s yours?

Comment

• Early Predictions
                                            AOTY: Folklore
                                            ROTY: Colors
                                            SOTY: Cardigan
                                            BNA: Meghan Thee Stallion

Although I'm personally rooting for Dua to get AOTY.
                                            Rest In Peace Lilly!

Comment

• Halsey is always so bitter about this. I cannot forget her Billboard Awards or was it the American Music Awards where she was so pissed off about her Grammy snub last year that she talked about that in her acceptance speech.

I didn't think that Ellie felt the same way with her rant as well. Even if the Grammys had 20 nominees for each category, they will never win.

And besides, despite low ratings in each passing year, these artists still care about the turnout, remember when Mariah barely cared after the Grammys after the Daydream snub but she did the Grammy Announcement Special in 2005, attended and performed (and won) in 2006, and performed in the Grammy nominations special in 2008 (right before they started snubbing her again).

Comment

• ---
                                                Last edited by ko-h; Wed January 13, 2021, 13:54.

Comment

• I hope Doja wins BNA.
                                                  I don't understand why ppl underestimate her

Give Megan Grammy in rap category. I prefer Doja.
                                                  Megan had only 1 good song so far, and her new Body song is def one of the worst songs this year.

Taylor will get AOTY, but I want to see Dua as winner.

ROTY and SOTY is hard to tell.
                                                  Black Parade and Savage will split votes for sure.
                                                  Black Pumas are underdog, and I doubt that they'll award Billie another year in same category. Doja doesn't have any chance. Rockstar and Circles will split votes too. So maybe Dua Lipa for ROTY?

Honestly none of them are worthy of ROTY.

SOTY might go to Beyonce, but I'd like to see Dua as winner.
                                                  BEST SONGS&ALBUMS OF 2017
                                                  YOURS, FOREVER. // JOSS JONES (Tracklist)

Comment

• After seeing so many year-end charts, i will be very surprised if Folklore won't win AOTY Grammy. It's a huge critical and commercial success and clearly the Academy isn't worried about upsetting people (they've already done that by snubbing Blinding Lights) so Taylor might be getting her 3rd AOTY Grammy soon.
                                                    Cha Cha Instructor

Comment

Working...
                                                    X