Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lovely bunch:

Say Something Morales remix is fire!!

Bliss has always been one of my fav from Rainbow.

Cruise Control & Didn't Mean To Turn You On are FUN!
    #mariahcarey #lambforlife

Comment

• I must say I am not too mad about this last batch falling, in fact some of them are too high imo...

The one I do cherish and I am sad it's gone is Just To Hold You Once Again. As G$ says quite accurately, the Karen in me loves this one.
      VOTE UKMIX PARADE CHOICE AWARDS

Comment

• Originally posted by Leo View Post
        I must say I am not too mad about this last batch falling, in fact some of them are too high imo...

The one I do cherish and I am sad it's gone is Just To Hold You Once Again. As G$ says quite accurately, the Karen in me loves this one.
        I wonder what the Argentinian version of this is?
        Originally posted by abi on GOAT
        You know what? UKMIX really did wonders on this song for me.

I really went from not caring for this song at all to having this as my most played Mariah song of all time because of the constant mentions of this song from some of y'all here.

Comment

• Originally posted by Goldmoney View Post
          I wonder what the Argentinian version of this is?
          I don't think it exists to be honest. Firstly becuase I feel thet the Karen concept does not fully apply to argentinian's way of thinking... I think it's pretty american the concept, sin't it?

But if I have to think about it, it would be the Susana in me, or the Marta in me...but it's not something we would say, that's why I laughed hard when I read Karen Box by you.

Comment

• I think Cruise Control & Didn't Mean To Turn You On are good fun tracks to be fair with them.

Comment

• High rates for the next three tracks, which all feature another artist!

I Know What You Want (with Busta Rhymes & Flipmode Squad)
              Avg:8.10

Highest Score: 10 (Goldmoney, skylynx, Leo, freeme, Marchum)
              Lowest Score: 4 (Wayne)

I'll Be There (ft. Trey Lorenz) [Live]

Highest Score: 10 (skylynx, TomerMC, DNK, Marchum)
              Lowest Score: 5 (freeme)

Oh Santa! (ft. Ariana Grande & Jennifer Hudson)

Highest Score: 10 (RayRay, Goldmoney, Leo, Marchum, monarcbutterfly)
              Lowest Score: 4 (Wayne)

See The Mariah Carey Discography Rate
              See The Report Card - Weekly Top Songs

Comment

• IKWYW deserved top 40, at least. Completely shocked its this low!

I really went from not caring for this song at all to having this as my most played Mariah song of all time because of the constant mentions of this song from some of y'all here.

Comment

• Big features fall this round!

Comment

IKWYW deserved top 40, at least. Completely shocked its this low!
                    I think most lambs probably won't rate it as high as a Mariah only song.
                    My Instagram... - Click here

Comment

• Originally posted by RayRay View Post

I think most lambs probably won't rate it as high as a Mariah only song.
                      It’s very possible that the Emancipation era wouldn’t have turned out as it did w/o that song. In the years leading up to Emancipation, IKWYW was a pretty popular recurrent on black radio and definitely set the stage for Kween’s eventual return. I remember hearing IKWYW for two years straight almost every day I came home from school.

Comment

• I'm woefully behind with this!

Forever - gorgeous! This is under-heralded among the fandom!
                        Honey (Classic Club Mix) - flawless song. I introduced someone to this recently and he loves it, too!
                        Languishing (The Interlude) - great songwriting.
                        X-Girlfriend - why do y'all hate this so much? It's basic, yes, but fun and catchy, too.
                        Infinity - some of the notes on this are sharp, but I like it still.
                        Someday - interesting that no one gave this a perfect score! When I was just getting into MC's catalogue, this was an early favourite, but it's fell a fair few places since then.
                        My Saving Grace - beautiful.
                        Angels Cry - this took ages to connect with me!
                        Stay the Night - similarly to "Infinity", there are some sharp notes here I can't get behind.
                        Against All Odds (Take A Look At Me Now) - too low, but I knew it'd be lower than I'd like for it to have been. This is among my MC top 30.
                        The Beautiful Ones (ft. Dru Hill) - it's the emotion for me! This is flawless!
                        Up Out My Face (ft. Nicki Minaj - screams at the polarisation! This should be top 100, imo.
                        Looking In - MC looks like Madge in that photo! This song is relatable for me.
                        Don't Forget About Us - cute song. The fast singing part is my fave.
                        Triumphant (Vintage Throwback Mix) - I don't like this as much as the original, but glad to see "Triumphant" this high in any form. The lambily doesn't rate this highly enough, in my view.
                        Oh Santa! (ft. Ariana Grande & Jennifer Hudson) - shocked that this is so high. I think it's dreadful.
                        UKMIX Favourite Artists of the Last 20 Years: [075-071]
                        "Your Billboard Top Ten" Game: All-Time Top Scorers Countdown: [#3 revealed!]

Your heart is coloured with the love wrapped in the brilliant blue sky above, the breadth of the jewelled oceans, and the pure heat of the golden sun. And your heart is home to the cosmic creation that is you.

Comment

• I agree 100%, IKWYW was what opened doors for Emancipation to happen... Brought back a cool feeling around Mariah, and a hit. Of course Emancipation did its own thing too, opening with It's Like That to remember everyone that Mariah was also cool by herself and not just in a feat, bringing all the "retrun of the voice" campaign that was on point, and then bringing WBT to blow things up. But after charmbracelet mid-of-the-road performance and all the post-glitter damage, it would have been very tough fro emancipation to take place if it wasn't for IKWYW.

The song is dope too, catchy, fun, sexy, what else can we ask for!!! The song shouldn't be rated with anything below 8 imo.

I'll Be there is her actual first cover. I like it, the whole mtv unplugged is a very solid EP, and it was a great decision to add a cover in it. A #66 seems a proper position for it.

Oh! Santa Remix is a great track, a beautiful gift for fans and the Ariana/JHud addition brought a very nice touch to it. What I enjoy the most is the video, when she and Ariana share the whistle, subtle nice touch.

Comment

• I love I Know What You Want but I voted for each song without thinking about what it had brought next for Mariah or whether it was a hit or an album track.

Comment

I love I Know What You Want but I voted for each song without thinking about what it had brought next for Mariah or whether it was a hit or an album track.
                              I voted each song based solely on my perceived quality of them too: The Karen Box singles were vital to Kween’s career but I didn’t rank them all that highly except for AYNAF. But the rankings here IMO should be based on a combo of quality + career importance. Hero and Without You aren’t my faves but they should definitely rank high. The same goes for IKWYW, which changed the course of Kween’s career.
                              Last edited by Goldmoney; Sat May 1, 2021, 23:00.

Comment

I voted each song based solely on my perceived quality of them
                                too: The Karen Box singles were vital to Kween’s career but I didn’t rank them highly except for AYNAF. But the rankings here IMO should be based on a combo of quality + career importance.
                                But if you and I voted solely for quality, I think all others have done so as well. I don't think anyone ranked on career importance.

Comment

I love I Know What You Want but I voted for each song without thinking about what it had brought next for Mariah or whether it was a hit or an album track.
                                  it's not that i hate the song and rated it high for what it meant... I mean that I know I love the song much more for what it meant...

I also rated songs for what they are and according to my taste, I mean that you are linked to some songs emotionally and that definetly impact how much you like them. And IKWYW in me equals the start of the return and I enjoy it a lot because of that.

Comment

But if you and I voted solely for quality, I think all others have done so as well. I don't think anyone ranked on career importance.
                                    Well that’s where wishful thinking comes in, that the chips land where you want them to. Big bust in my case.

Comment

IKWYW deserved top 40, at least. Completely shocked its this low!
                                      I definitely think it could be higher - though the ratingn itself is quite good. The song is a bona fide classic and up there with Fantasy in terms of Hip Hop importance

Comment

• I'm surprised IKWYW is so low
                                        Haven't been early since '88

Comment

• BUBBLING UNDER Part XIII: 180 to 171

An Ultimate 0s killing any hope for one of Mariah's more fate defining singles, a background vocal enough to push the song to a Top200, her latest non-christmas single, her real first Busta Rhymes collab, and an unnecesary medley all leave next.

Bye Bye
                                          Avg: 6.95

Highest Rate: 10 (RayRay, DNK)
                                          Lowest Rate: 5 (monarcbutterfly)
                                          Ultimate 0s: Thriller

Ribbon
                                          Avg: 7.00

Highest Rate: 9 (InfoFromAus, DNK)
                                          Lowest Rate: 3 (Wayne)

Every Time I Close My Eyes (with Babyface)
                                          Avg: 7.00

Highest Rate: 10 (skylynx)
                                          Lowest Rate: 2 (Wayne)

Save the Day (with Ms. Lauryn Hill)
                                          Avg: 7.05

Highest Rate: 9 (RayRay, JSparksFan, DNK)
                                          Lowest Rate: 4 (monarcbutterfly, Wayne)

Last Night a DJ Saved My Life (ft. Busta Rhymes, Fabolous & DJ Clue)

Highest Rate: 10 (DNK, mattsky)
                                          Lowest Rate: 5 (whoawhoa, skylynx, matthew_dixon)

So Blessed

Highest Rate: 10 (DNK, Wayne)
                                          Lowest Rate: 3 (JSparksFan)

Do You Know Where You're Going To (Theme from "Mahogany")

Highest Rate: 10 (RayRay, JSparksFan, freeme, Marchum, sYair)
                                          Lowest Rate: 2 (sjm)

Fly Away (Butterfly Reprise)

Highest Rate: 10 (TomerMC, DNK)
                                          Lowest Rate: 1 (RayRay)

Lullaby of Birdland (Live)

Highest Rate: 10 (RayRay, DNK, Marchum)
                                          Lowest Rate: 3 (skylynx)

Never Too Far/Hero Medley

Avg: 7.06

Highest Rate: 10 (Marchum)
                                          Lowest Rate: 1 (Leo)

Comment

• More like Bye Bye Career. How ironic is it that the same person (LA Reid) who was responsible for GOAT even existing completely killed one of the greatest comebacks of the AD era by releasing what they were counting on to be the second coming of GOAT.

As for the song itself, it’s cute and all but the lyrics sounded like they came out of a ratchet 15 year old’s poetry project. Which would be fine if she were solely targeting that audience but if you’re writing what’s supposed to be a serious and universal song about the departed, you really can’t do that. The label were really expecting for Karens to all of a sudden sing, “This is for my peoples who lost they grandfathers.” and “just lift your hand to da sky.”

And that blatant, utterly shameless copy of the GOAT climax at the end - I always kii everytime it comes on. Fitting since Bye Bye’s entire release was completely molded by GOAT’s success and nothing else. Down to the tear at the end and everything.
                                            Last edited by Goldmoney; Sun May 2, 2021, 22:54.

Comment

• Bye Bye gets a bad rap. I think it is a much more Urban influenced, contemporary play on One Sweet Day.

Comment

• Bye Bye would have been a highly cherished fan favourite if it was never released as a single, not even mention a SECOND single of her highest profile album ever. The song is very cute and touching. Maybe as a fifth single it would have been better received. It just killed a hot era...

Migrate, I'll Be loving You Long Time were screaming second single, and would have been perfect for the time...

I like the song, but just as I like a little more IKWYW because of what it meant to Mariah's career, I also like Bye Bye a little less because of its impact.

Comment

• Speaking of eras, that single/video also birthed the Nick Cannon relationship. I’m sure Kween doesn’t regret it because dem kids came out of it, but lawdt do I hate him.

Comment

• Glad to see there were others that gave "Do You Know Where You're Going To (Theme from Mahogany)" a perfect score. It's a sterling cover.

"Bye Bye" is okay, but "Save the Day" definitely deserved more love.
                                                    UKMIX Favourite Artists of the Last 20 Years: [075-071]
                                                    "Your Billboard Top Ten" Game: All-Time Top Scorers Countdown: [#3 revealed!]

Your heart is coloured with the love wrapped in the brilliant blue sky above, the breadth of the jewelled oceans, and the pure heat of the golden sun. And your heart is home to the cosmic creation that is you.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X