Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• nemospence
    replied
    Never Too Far displays Mariah's low notes middle notes high notes and whistle notes magnificently. It would be a crime not to include this up in the chart. Besides, when she decided to put this on Spotify, I streamed it hundreds of times.

Anytime You Need a friend will make a non-Mariah fan think twice. She showcases her full voice in the best way possible. Of course the music must be equally good. This is the one. So if someone looks down on Mariah's vocal abilities, this will prove them wrong. I had a new level of amazement in her voice after hearing this. Now Celine has real competition.

Leave a comment:

• Tomer_MC
    replied
    I'm surprised at Do U Think of Me... I really love it & always have been but it's very high - cool.

Candy Bling is one of my fav from MOAIA!!

For the Record is a special one for me.

Never Too Far, Shake It Off & Make It Happen are HUGE songs (I thought SIO would be higher)

Leave a comment:

• Leo
    replied
    #Beautiful (ft. Miguel & Jeezy) [Remix]: a great track, a great remix. It keeps the cool vibes of the orignal song but added some extra flavours. Too low as most of her hot remixes!

Anytime You Need A Friend (Soul Convention Remix) it was such a great discovery from the MC30 series for me! The original is fire and this make sit justice.

Candy Bling kinda low, I like it a lot, smooth.

Got To Be Real (Live) [with Patti Labelle] cant believe this is so high! c'mon... it could have been left out of the Rate and noone would even bother...

All I've Ever Wanted WHAT???!!!! My heart was broken... it's such a touching song! Ok, it's the song I used to hear a lot in my teenage years when I was madly in love with my friend, who 10 years later became my girlfriend and today is my wife! So I may not be objective here, but I listen to this song and I am 15 again looking at her from the outside and melting anytime she would speak to me...

From the Top100 ones:
    Do You Think of Me is a great track, it could have easily be part of the album! Its, alongside Everything Fades Away, her b-sides that sould have been part of the era!

Never Too Far is a song I initiatlly loved but with time it adds little to her body of work. Still, it's a powerful ballad and a solid track.

For The Record was a candidate for one of my 11s! I LOVE it. Its her best album track by a mile imo.

Make It Happen is TOO low! It is top20 material imo. And the lyrics are very inspiring and I love she was so open back then.

Leave a comment:

• mattsky
    replied
    Some great songs. I have always loved Shake It Off.

Leave a comment:

• InfoFromAus
    replied
    For The Record

Highest Score: 10 (Leo, InfoFromAus, JSparksFan, DNK, RedSimba)

^ taste!

Leave a comment:

• matthew_dixon
    replied
    Interesting I seem to be alone these past few sets of results in actually voting some things so bad that they warrant a big fat 0. I don't actually know "Migrate" that well, but from what I recall I really don't rate it. "Shake It Off" is really dull compared to so much of her other work.

Leave a comment:

• Thriller
    replied
    Make It Happen is bloody brilliant, such a bop. One of my favourites from the first five years of her career.

Never Too Far is that snooze.

Leave a comment:

• Wayne
    replied
    I like all of those.

Do You Think Of Me has really grown on me since The Rarities was released.

Leave a comment:

• Marchum
    replied
    Shake It Off > Touch My Body + Obsessed + Thirsty

Leave a comment:

• Marchum
    replied
    Shake It Off is underrated tbh. I get that the lambily is kinda over it, since M performs it a lot. But it’s one of those jams that whenever you hear it you can’t help but love it.

Leave a comment:

• bm08
    commented on 's reply
    Fixed!

• Goldmoney
    replied
    Makes sense tho that I would give an 11 since it was probably meant to be the big chocolate anthem off that album before GOAT completely obliterated that chart.

Leave a comment:

• Goldmoney
    replied
    Shake It Off is great but not my 11. I actually gave it a 9.
    Last edited by Goldmoney; Thu May 6, 2021, 21:21.

Leave a comment:

• bm08
    replied
    Some big names and high rates miss the top 50!

Leave a comment:

• bm08
    replied

Slowly approaching the top 50 and we begin to see numerous 11s drop. Most surprising, we also see a ZERO score for a top performing single...

Do You Think Of Me
    Avg:8.16

Highest Score: 10 (RayRay, whoawhoa, bm08, skylynx, sjm, Leo, DNK)
    Lowest Score: 5 (Rawiri James)

Never Too Far
    Avg:8.17

Ultimate 11: freeme
    Highest Score: 10 (sjm, Leo, TomerMC, DNK, sYair)
    Lowest Score: 5 (Thriller, matthew_dixon)

For The Record
    Avg:8.18

Highest Score: 10 (Leo, InfoFromAus, JSparksFan, DNK, RedSimba)
    Lowest Score: 4 (mattsky)

Make It Happen

Highest Score: 10 (RayRay, Leo, Marchum)
    Lowest Score: 6 (sYair)

Shake It Off

Highest Score: 10 (skylynx, Leo, freeme, TomerMC, DNK, Marchum, mattsky)
    Lowest Score: 6 (RayRay)
    Ultimate Zero: matthew_dixon

Leave a comment:

• nemospence
    replied
    Just saw this thead. I was thinking doing Mariah's Top 50. But I guess I have to scrap it. This is more comprehensive.

My Favorite Top 10 (Refreshed)

–Hero
    –Always Be My Baby
    –Love Takes Time
    –Butterfly
    –Close My Eyes
    –When You Believe
    –I Still Believe
    –Never Too Far
    –Anytime You Need a Friend
    –Without You

Honorable mentions

–All My Life
    –My All
    –The Distance
    –I Stay in Love
    –There's Got to Be a Way

(I prefer JLo's Do You Know Where You're Going To. It's heartfelt and the musical arrangement is spot on.)

Leave a comment:

• spiritboy
    replied
    Originally posted by Goldmoney View Post
    Do you think Kween had the potential to have another smasha in your hole again with Migrate? I’ve never been real sure about its potential international performance since it’s so unabashedly urban, but maybe it could have pulled off a Family Affair which smashed in your hole right?
    Nope, sadly Mariah was done here after My All. Turkey doesn't stan for vocal divas much, except for Whitney in her prime.

Leave a comment:

• bm08
    replied
    Originally posted by Goldmoney View Post
    Do you think Kween had the potential to have another smasha in your hole again with Migrate? I’ve never been real sure about its potential international performance since it’s so unabashedly urban, but maybe it could have pulled off a Family Affair which smashed in your hole right?
    I have a feeling she's coming with a summer bop this year.

Caution was filled with bops. A No No and SLAY Long Love You were probably the most hard hitting bops on the album.

Leave a comment:

• Goldmoney
    replied
    Originally posted by spiritboy View Post
    Migrate is a bop. Those who gave it low score should be

Leave a comment:

• Goldmoney
    replied
    As for Migrate, it’s probably the most iconik non-single from any artist of our generation. It would have undoubtedly smashed the ish out of the Hot 100 and chocolate singles charts and kept her comeback streak going for the next few years at least. This is from another forum but it completely sums up the sad truth:

I'm gonna say it, and I'm sure it's been said a million times... not releasing this as the second single is one of the STUPIDEST decisions I have ever seen a record label make. This would have went to #1, easily. And their boneheaded choice for second single f**ked this entire era up and it never recovered.

Leave a comment:

• Goldmoney
    replied
    The intent behind Mine Again is great but it’s basically the GOAT climax gone wrong for 4 whole minutes.

Leave a comment:

• RayRay
    replied
    IDWC is one of my favorite #1's. I love that song so much. Great dramatic lyrics, beautiful lower tones and the latin feel gives makes it the original My All.

Mine Again is one of her best album tracks. No wonder it was nominated for a Grammy and reached the chart without even being a single. Her voice is top notch here and the music is so old school soul, I LOVE it.

Migrate should have been a single. Such a fun song, even now after all those years.

Oh Santa! is so festive, I love it. However, I now love the version with Ariana and J-Hud even more.

Leave a comment:

• mattsky
    replied
    Candy Bling is a little bop IMO

Leave a comment:

• bm08
    replied
    BUBBLING UNDER Part XV: 170 to 161

A whole mix of post-90s track fall in this batch, but a surprising 90s record falls low.

#Beautiful (ft. Miguel & Jeezy) [Remix]
    Avg: 7.06

Highest Rate: 10 (Marcum)
    Lowest Rate: 4 (skylynx)

Anytime You Need A Friend (Soul Convention Remix)
    Avg: 7.06

Highest Rate: 10 (RayRay, Leo, InfroFromAus, Marchum)
    Lowest Rate: 2 (mattsky)

Candy Bling
    Avg: 7.10

Highest Rate: 10 (DNK)
    Lowest Rate: 3 (Wayne)

Up Out My Face
    Avg: 7.10

Highest Rate: 9 (RayRay, whoawhoa, Marchum)
    Lowest Rate: 4 (monarcbutterfly, sjm)

Santa Claus Is Comin' To Town
    Avg: 7.11

Highest Rate: 10 (DNK)
    Lowest Rate: 5 (Rawiri James)

Got To Be Real (Live) [with Patti Labelle]

Highest Rate: 10 (Marchum)
    Lowest Rate: 5 (RayRay, Rawiri James, Wayne)

One Night

Highest Rate: 10 DNK, Wayne)
    Lowest Rate: 4 (Rawiri James)

Can You Hear Me

Highest Rate: 10 (RayRay, DNK)
    Lowest Rate: 4 (Leo)

All I've Ever Wanted
    Avg: 7.13

Highest Rate: 10 (Leo, Wayne)
    Lowest Rate: 3 (sjm)

Emotions 12" Club Mix

Avg: 7.13

Highest Rate: 10 (RayRay, TomerMC, DNK, Marchum)
    Lowest Rate: 2 (mattsky)

Leave a comment:

• Leo
    replied
    I Don't Wanna Cry has always been my least favourite singles from her. But I agree that the Tokyo Dome version gives a different edge to it and I enjoy that version. Still, not Top100 material imo.

Scream Again is a very good song that derailed. I skip it most of the times even when I enjoy the melody.

Oh santa is cool, I prefer the Ari+JHud version though.

Migrate is amazing, I just cannot get why matthew, who voted just for some of the songs, stopped and gave it a 0!!!! I think it's probabñy one of her hottest songs.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X