No announcement yet.

The Mariah Carey Discography Rate - Album Averages

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I Stay In Love is an absolute snooze, one of her worst singles. The fact she performed it on X Factor in its most viewed series and it missed the top 75 says it all.

Comment

• I’m positive I didn’t give HATE U a 1. I always found it overrated but I don’t dislike it that much. Just looked it - I gave it a 7.

Another GOAT clone falls from the GOAT tribute album. If the album rollout was a bit better, it could have been a cute little smasha that winter.
      Greatest Of All Time

Comment

• Originally posted by Goldmoney View Post
        I’m positive I didn’t give HATE U a 1. I always found it overrated but I don’t dislike it that much. Just looked it - I gave it a 7.
        Will have a look!
        See The Mariah Carey Discography Rate
        See The Report Card - Weekly Top Songs

Comment

• Originally posted by bm08 View Post

Will have a look!
          it's right, I put 1 but it was 7! it can happen... sending you bm08 the pictre for #78 Looking In so 2 songs updated now and next one we'll catch up!
          CHECK UKMIX RETRO Chart Facts
          FIRST CYCLE or SECOND CYCLE

Comment

• bm08
            bm08 commented
            Editing a comment
            Thank you!! I've updated.

• All fixed, Goldmoney! But your taste remains questionable...

Thanks Leo!

Comment

All fixed, Goldmoney! But your taste remains questionable...

Thanks Leo!

Greatest Of All Time

Comment

• I think I Stay In Love is a good song, but it's WBT similarity and the video (which seemed like a cheaper version of Breakdown) make some people (here Thriller) to dislike it more than it should!

Looking In is a very beautiful personal track, but in this case, later efforts such as close My Eyes and Petals, left it behind. I was obsessed with Looking In when Daydream was released, but today I do check regularly BME and Petals but never LI...

Comment

• Originally posted by Thriller View Post
                I Stay In Love is an absolute snooze, one of her worst singles.
                My Instagram... - Click here

Comment

• I Still Believe/Pure Imagination Remix is one of her best remixes everrrrrr. Who else is even creative enough to think of something like this AND turn it into a bop? She’s a genius and I always loved her tone during the era.

Thanx 4 Nothin’ is great and one of the best on Einstein. Always loved how she rapped the second verse/bridge and unleashes those belts at the end. Definitely had the best vocals on that album.

Sprung was a bop and should’ve been on the album from the start! So unlike her and she still hasn’t done anything like it

Stay The Night & Circles are greatness, like the majority of TEOM. The vocals and “retro” production were top tier. Nobody else sounded like that even in 2005.

Thirsty was a bop and at the time one of her hottest productions. I mean it’s basically Mariah’s vocals over N*ggas In Paris! HIT SINGLE waiting to happen (in 2014)

Against All Odds is like all her covers... better than the original (and we can fight about it) Her vocals are amazing here.

8th Grade is one of Caution’s best. If it was a single I think it could’ve been a minor hit for her

Looking In is such an introspective and personal song, I’m surprised it’s so low! Anything graced with Daydream vocals is a gem but this one in particular you can feel everything she’s singing. So somber it’ll make you cry. Same with Petals but with that Rainbow tone <3

I might be the only one who loves You Had Your Chance but issa bop and the whistles are insane! Took me a while to get into Irresistible but Issa bop too

Comment

• Whoever made up “I fart like a whale” needs to disappear off the planet tbh. And go learn some Ebonics.
                    Greatest Of All Time

Comment

• BUBBLING UNDER Part X: 220 to 211

Unforgettable (Mariah Carey Remix) [with French Montana]
                      Avg: 6.68

Highest Rate: 9 (Leo)
                      Lowest Rate: 1 (sjm)

I Pray

Highest Rate: 10 (DNK)
                      Lowest Rate: 4 (monarcbutterfly)

Miss You (ft. Jadakiss)

Highest Rate: 10 (DNK)
                      Lowest Rate: 4 (Wayne)

Right To Dream

Highest Rate: 10 (freeme, sYair)
                      Lowest Rate: 3 (sjm, Wayne)

If We

Highest Rate: 10 (Goldmoney, DNK)
                      Lowest Rate: 1 (Wayne)

God Rest Ye Merry Gentlemen
                      Avg: 6.69

Highest Rate: 10 (RayRay)
                      Lowest Rate: 3 (Leo)

I've Been Thinking About You
                      Avg: 6.70

Highest Rate: 9 (Leo, JSparksFan, Marchum)
                      Lowest Rate: 3 (DNK)

It's a Wrap
                      Avg: 6.70

Highest Rate: 10 (RayRay, DNK, RedSimba)
                      Lowest Rate: 2 (spiritboy)

Honey (ft. Da Brat & Jermaine Dupri) [So So Def Mix]
                      Avg: 6.72

Highest Rate: 10 (sjm, Leo, DNK, Marchum)
                      Lowest Rate: 1 (RayRay, skylynx)

The Roof (Back In Time Full Crew Remix) (feat. Mobb Deep)
                      Avg: 6.74

Highest Rate: 10 (Leo, Rawiri, Marchum, mattsky)
                      Lowest Rate: 1 (RayRay)

Comment

• Too many songs too low here!!!!

Unforgettable (Mariah Carey Remix) [with French Montana] I can accept, she jumped (late) to the train and missed an opportunity. Still, I find her version upgrading the song, which was great.

Miss You (ft. Jadakiss) should have been a little higher, not maybe Top100 but almost. The song is fire.

If We was a fav of mine since the album dropped. Catchy and fun. I do kinda hate it cause of Ja Rule, but the sogn is amazing. I think it would be inside my top100 probably.

I've Been Thinking About You a song that my wife sings out loud everytime. IT's great! I am shocked DNK, who loves like every mariah song, gave it 3... I checked to see if I was mistaken but no, that's his mark.

Honey (ft. Da Brat & Jermaine Dupri) [So So Def Mix] and The Roof (Back In Time Full Crew Remix) (feat. Mobb Deep)... I feel heartbroken that RayRay gave it 1.. not surprising as I already get his love for more pop/ballads/uptempos, but still, that 1 hurt... I am obsessed about both remxes, sometimes I even prefer them to the originals, which are both glorious songs but the remixes are heaven on earth.

Comment

• Never forget.
                          Greatest Of All Time

Comment

• Wow! What a terribly underrated batch, I dont know where to begin.

The Unforgettable remix is truly well done and it honestly shouldve had Mariah on the original. Her team messed the bag on that one.

Mariah's rendition of I Pray is so worth it. I love her Gospel records and this one if definitely another highlight.

It's A Wrap deserves more. It's one of the only records she has with storytelling in the lyrics like that.

God Rest Ye Merry Gentlemen is just fantastic

I've Been Thinking About You is just a bop!

Comment

• Originally posted by TheRealest View Post
                              I Still Believe/Pure Imagination Remix is one of her best remixes everrrrrr. Who else is even creative enough to think of something like this AND turn it into a bop? She’s a genius and I always loved her tone during the era.

Thanx 4 Nothin’ is great and one of the best on Einstein. Always loved how she rapped the second verse/bridge and unleashes those belts at the end. Definitely had the best vocals on that album.

Sprung was a bop and should’ve been on the album from the start! So unlike her and she still hasn’t done anything like it

Stay The Night & Circles are greatness, like the majority of TEOM. The vocals and “retro” production were top tier. Nobody else sounded like that even in 2005.

Thirsty was a bop and at the time one of her hottest productions. I mean it’s basically Mariah’s vocals over N*ggas In Paris! HIT SINGLE waiting to happen (in 2014)

Against All Odds is like all her covers... better than the original (and we can fight about it) Her vocals are amazing here.

8th Grade is one of Caution’s best. If it was a single I think it could’ve been a minor hit for her

Looking In is such an introspective and personal song, I’m surprised it’s so low! Anything graced with Daydream vocals is a gem but this one in particular you can feel everything she’s singing. So somber it’ll make you cry. Same with Petals but with that Rainbow tone <3

I might be the only one who loves You Had Your Chance but issa bop and the whistles are insane! Took me a while to get into Irresistible but Issa bop too
                              AGREE ON EVERYTHING!!!
                              BTW is I Still Believe/Pure Imagination REALLY already out???
                              #mariahcarey #lambforlife

Comment

• I'm surprised Looking In is out. I was certain it would get to the top 50
                                #mariahcarey #lambforlife

Comment

• ​​​

I'll Be Lovin' U Long Time
                                  Avg:7.95

Ultimate 11s: Rawiri
                                  Highest Score: 10 (RayRay, whoawhoa, Goldmoney, Leo, DNK, Wayne)
                                  Lowest Score: 2 (matthew_dixon)

I'm That Chick
                                  Avg:7.98

Highest Score: 10 (RayRay, Godlmoney, Marchum, Wayne)
                                  Lowest Score:: 6 (sjm, JSparksFan, Rawiri, sYair)

Mesmerized
                                  Avg: 8.00

Highest Score: 10 (DNK, Marchum, sYair)
                                  Lowest Score:: 6 (Rawiri, Wayne)

Here We Go Around Again
                                  Avg: 8.00

Highest Score: 10 (freeme, monarcbutterfly, Marchum)
                                  Lowest Score:: 4 (Rawiri, Wayne)

Comment

• New ratings are out for 77 to 74! Sorry for the little delay!

Comment

• Not some of Einstein’s best cuts gone already.

Can we get some of Karen Box out now pls?
                                      Greatest Of All Time

Comment

• Some good songs but not really standouts :/

Here We Go Around Again the real gem.

IBLULT truly overrated.

Comment

IBLULT truly overrated.

Comment

• Some good songs but not my favourites.
                                            Haven't been early since '88

Comment

• Originally posted by RayRay View Post

It honestly goes nowhere and fairly repetitive. It just stays on the same plain for me. I wish she had used the music video for #Beautiful or another worthy song.

Comment

• I remember when I first downloaded Einstein, I used to prance down the block blaring “I’m That Chick” like the chocolate ghey mess I was.
                                                Greatest Of All Time

Comment

It honestly goes nowhere and fairly repetitive. It just stays on the same plain for me. I wish she had used the music video for #Beautiful or another worthy song.
                                                  WHAT?! No way! There is so much going on. I never know what line to sing as it is such a "full" song. And it's so uplifting. And the bridge is everything. One of her best songs ever IMO.
                                                  Don't like the video though.

Comment

Working...
                                                  X