No announcement yet.

The Mariah Carey Discography Rate - Album Averages

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yo, TheRealest I gotta definitely agree on a few of your earlier comments...

Originally posted by TheRealest
    I Still Believe/Pure Imagination Remix is one of her best remixes everrrrrr. Who else is even creative enough to think of something like this AND turn it into a bop? She’s a genius and I always loved her tone during the era.

Thanx 4 Nothin’ is great and one of the best on Einstein. Always loved how she rapped the second verse/bridge and unleashes those belts at the end. Definitely had the best vocals on that album.

Thirsty was a bop and at the time one of her hottest productions. I mean it’s basically Mariah’s vocals over N*ggas In Paris! HIT SINGLE waiting to happen (in 2014)

8th Grade is one of Caution’s best. If it was a single I think it could’ve been a minor hit for her

I might be the only one who loves You Had Your Chance but issa bop and the whistles are insane! Took me a while to get into Irresistible but Issa bop too
    YES to all this. Your namesake says it all!

Originally posted by Leo
    I'll Be Lovin' U Long Time
    Avg:7.95

Ultimate 11s: Rawiri
    Highest Score: 10 (RayRay, whoawhoa, Goldmoney, Leo, DNK, Wayne)
    Lowest Score: 2 (matthew_dixon)
    Clearly, not everyone's into this, but to me, this is the most 'Mariah lead single' to not hit the top of the Billboard charts.

It screams Summer to me; it echoes Fantasy and Dreamlover... with or without T.I., it's a few hot minutes of Mariah's pop/soul epicness and if I had been at the label in '08, this would have been the lead single of E=MC2.
    Addict. Advocate. Author. Artist.
    My journey of R&B, addiction and superheroes....
    www.rawirijames.com
    #LostBoy album and novel OUT NOW!

Comment

• BUBBLING UNDER Part XI: 210 to 201

Huge names drop in this batch, including an ultimate 11 which wasn't enough from stopping a song from just missing the top 200!

One and Only (ft. Twista)
      Avg: 6.75

Highest Rate: 10 (Leo)
      Lowest Rate: 2 (RayRay)

Joy Ride
      Avg: 6.75

Highest Rate: 10 (DNK)
      Lowest Rate: 2 (RayRay)

After Tonight
      Avg: 6.76

Highest Rate: 9 (freeme, spiritboy, matthew_dixon)
      Lowest Rate: 2 (Wayne)

Yours
      Avg: 6.76

Lowest Rate: 3 (Wayne)

Loverboy Remix (ft. Da Brat, Ludacris, Twenty II & Shawna)
      Avg: 6.78

Highest Rate: 10 (Goldmoney, DNK)
      Lowest Rate: 1 (RayRay, Wayne)

Sent From Up Above
      Avg: 6.80

Lowest Rate: 3 (Wayne)

Your Girl
      Avg: 6.80

Highest Rate: 10 (RayRay, sjm, mattsky)
      Lowest Rate: 3 (spiritboy)

O Holy Night (Live from WPC in South Central Los Angeles)
      Avg: 6.82

Highest Rate: 10 (InfoFromAus,DNK)
      Lowest Rate: 3 (Marcum)

Underneath The Stars (Drifting Remix)
      Avg: 6.82

Ultimate 11: whoawhoa
      Highest Rate: 10 (DNK, Marchum)
      Lowest Rate: 2 (Wayne, JSparksFan)

Standing O
      Avg: 6.83

Highest Rate: 10 (RayRay)
      Lowest Rate: 5 (skylynx, sYair)

See The Mariah Carey Discography Rate
      See The Report Card - Weekly Top Songs

Comment

• Uh, what? You mean the second best remix of all-time, Loverboy? Speaking of obliterations

Not even a DaBrat fan but that was one of the most ingenious smackdowns ever recorded.
        Property of cheapthrill

Comment

• Loverboy Remix and Your Girl are great, a strong group of songs
          Haven't been early since '88

Comment

• Memerized is a very good song and I am glad it managed a top100 position.

I'll Be Lovin' U Llong Time is amazing. I do picture it as a second single from Einstein, not the tfirst, as Touch My Body imo is a stellar opening for the era. If IBLULT followed, I think it would have done wonders as it kept the fun but with a more dancing tune. ByeBye killed momentum sooooo hard.

One and Only (ft. Twista) hw on earth is this so low, and how on earth it's lower than the second part, So Lonely? I love both but 1 and Only is just addcitive.

Joy Ride is a song I always skipped but lately I've been enjoying it a lot...

After Tonight is a polarizing song in me: I love it, but it felt too My All back then which was a let down. So still today I listen to it and feel it was a commercial move rather than a true effort.

Underneath The Stars (Drifting Remix) I must admit I only learnt about this with the MC30 release and I am digging it more and more day after day!

Standing O When I got Memoirs, this was one of my instant faves. But, like the whole album, eventually faded a little.

CHECK UKMIX RETRO Chart Facts
            FIRST CYCLE or SECOND CYCLE

Comment

• Originally posted by mattsky View Post
              Loverboy Remix and Your Girl are great, a strong group of songs
              Insane to me that this group in the lower 200s is stronger than the group that posted prior!

Comment

• #203 O Holy Night (Live from WPC in South Central Los Angeles)

I was certain it would get to the Top50. This version is iconic.
                Mariah Carey the best singer of all time
                My Queen! My Goddess! My Idol!
                Forever and always!

Comment

• HWGAA is such a bop! Loved discovering that last year.

Comment

• Omg, did I really rank Here We Go Around Again that few points?! I adore that song, must've errored on that one

Comment

• ​​​​

Three singles drop in this batch, unable to push into the top 50, despite high ratings

Don't Forget About Us
                      Avg:8.00

Highest Score: 10 (whoawhoa, Marchum, DNK)
                      Lowest Score: 5 (RayRay, matthew_dixon)

GTFO
                      Avg:8.00

Highest Score: 10 (DNK, RayRay, mattsky)
                      Lowest Score:: 3 (Marchum)

A No No
                      Avg: 8.00

Highest Score: 10 (whoawhoa, Goldmoney, Marchum, mattsky)
                      Lowest Score:: 3 (Wayne)

Comment

• High scores all around, but not enough to push this trio into the top 50!

Comment

• I did not expect the OG GOAT clone to miss the top 50!
                          Property of cheapthrill

Comment

• DFAU the best of those 3.

Comment

• A No No higher than DFAU is a scandal - what y'all thinking?

Is that the lowest ranking of her US #1s or have I missed one?

Comment

• Mixed on GTFO but the song was worthwhile just for this tweet on the day before Inauguration Day.
                                Property of cheapthrill

Comment

• Originally posted by Wayne View Post
                                  A No No higher than DFAU is a scandal - what y'all thinking?

Lowest one so far but something’s telling me I Don’t Wanna Snore won’t make the main c/d.
                                  Property of cheapthrill

Comment

A No No higher than DFAU is a scandal - what y'all thinking?

So far revealed!

But spoiler: it won't be!

Comment

• GTFO and A No No are awesome. DFAU is a nice song, too.
                                      Haven't been early since '88

Comment

Omg, did I really rank Here We Go Around Again that few points?! I adore that song, must've errored on that one
                                        you made me doubt! but yep, you scored that one those low points.

Comment

• Why #73 and #72 have a 8.00 average but #71 has a 7.95 average?
                                          http://oi42.tinypic.com/2m3lnpv.jpg

Follow me on LastFM: http://www.lastfm.es/user/S-Yair

www.instagram.com/sebastiansuaid/

Comment

• Originally posted by sYair View Post
                                            Why #73 and #72 have a 8.00 average but #71 has a 7.95 average?
                                            lol they all have 8.00, bm08 forgot to update that number preparing the post, it can happen!

Comment

• ^ my mistake. Fixed!

Comment

• One & Only is skippable, Joy Ride is nice and has great vocals...

After Tonight was clearly a My All rehash but it’s a damn good one. Beautiful song with beautiful vocals

Loverboy (Remix) was CLEARLY the best version of the song! Issa bop and contains the iconic shade
                                                “Hate on me much as you want to
                                                You can't do what the **** I do
                                                Bitches be emulatin' me daily (Daily)
                                                Hate on me much as you want to
                                                You can't be who the **** I be
                                                Bitches be imitatin' me, baby”

Sent From Up Above is a cute bop and probably her most chill song up to that point

I honestly hate that version of O Holy Night because it was unnecessary af and I can’t stand hearing her voice from 2 different eras on the same song. Original version is surperior.

Standing O was a bop, and one of the best on MOAIA (which isn’t saying much) and Your Girl is also a nice retro bop

UTS (Drifting Remix) is a real gem! Doesn’t too the feeling of the original but it’s amazing how she can rework the same song and give it a different feeling. Daydream greatness

Now....

Ill Be Lovin U Long Time sounded like a summer smash waiting to happen and I hate it got released after the era was already killed but its still a bop!

I’m That Chick is so breezy and cool and I love the lyrics! Makes you want to go smoke a blunt and turn the music up. Definitely fit the theme of the album and her life around that time period.

why is Mesmerized even in the top 100...? Overrated af among fans... literally nothing special about this. I said what I said.
                                                Same with Here We Go Around Again... cute but a lil too dated for me sis. Issa no.

Don’t Forget About Us is another good one. I’ve always loved the lyrics and how she raps the bridge then unleashes that iconic whistle. Who else can make a song like that? Never understood the WBT companions because it’s it’s own song and sounds nothing like the other

A No No is cute and catchy but it lacks something. Idk

GTFO was fresh for her and overall a bop but no way should it have been released first for such an important image reconstruction that was going on in 2018 for MC.
                                                Last edited by TheRealest; Mon April 26, 2021, 23:58.

Comment

• Originally posted by TheRealest View Post
                                                  Don’t Forget About Us is another good one. I’ve always loved the lyrics and how she raps the bridge then unleashes that iconic whistle. Who else can make a song like that? Never understood the WBT companions because its own song and sounds nothing like the other
                                                  Sis, it’s the same song. Sure, there are some inflection changes but it’s pretty much a GOAT cut and paste job.

Property of cheapthrill

Comment

• DFAU definitely doesnt feel as classic as WBT, but on its face the two songs are edge and edge in terms of quality.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X