• Show
Clear All

You Don't Know What To Do (ft. Wale)
    Rated: 8.33

High Scores (10): whoawhoa, Goldmoney, Rawiri James
    Low Scores (6): skylynx

UKMIX Fan Comments:

Originally posted by jerellio View Post

The moment I heard YDKWTD I knew that it (should have been) would be a huge song for Mariah. Someone here mentioned something about the 2013 Disco Craze and it wasnt just a craze, everyone tried to put their contribution to that trend that year. YDKWTD with #Beautiful promo and without Mariahs VERY UNTIMELY ACCIDENT would have been an easy Top 10, no doubt. Just because Thirsty sounds ratchet doesnt mean its gonna be a hit. I was hoping for the longest that YDKWTD would get the #Beautiful treatment, but it ended up being the Migrate to MIAMs Touch My Body

EDIT: Thirsty would have been a good follow up had YDKWTD been executed correctly and in a timely manner but it literally did not fit the current music trend not even nearly as much as YDKWTD at the time and it sounds like any other Hit Boy track
    Originally posted by CasualFlow View Post

YDKWTD is getting better with every listen and Wale's contribution is essential to the songs success. It spells "H.I.T" to me. I just commented in the Chart Thread that it sounds like the 'Heartbreaker' of this decade and it deserves a video as epic as that one. Whether it turns out to be a hit or not, its a testament to Mariah's talent that she's capable of putting out pop music this good this far into her career.

Too bad this couldn't have been the relaunch single but dropped in late March rather than trying to relaunch the era with YM(E) over Valentine's Day. It was just too early, especially when they missed the May 6 date, it was also, in retrospect, too gimmicky to tie it to that holiday. Plus, YDKWTD is just a much better POP record than YM(E) and would've jumpstarted the era with much more excitement.
    Originally posted by NevercountMCout
    I am team thirsty lol
    But I wanted her to release YDKWTD because I thought it would be good for sales.
    Originally posted by hotMCfan View Post
    YDKWTD
    Great vocals: check
    Uptempo: check
    Catchy: check

It's the perfect single..

See The Mariah Carey Discography Rate
    See The Report Card - Weekly Top Songs

Comment

• We've broken into the top 50!

#50 - My All (Divas Live)
      #49 - Side Effects (ft. Young Jeezy)
      #48 - You Dont Know What To Do (ft. Wale)

Comment

• Property of cheapthrill

Comment

• YDKWTD was a highlight of that album, she should’ve pushed it as a full single worldwide.

Comment

• Three great songs. Amazing that My All Live makes it this high!!! But for such an amazing performance it shouldn't be a surprise.
            Side Effects is outstanding, love it, but it was not single material.

bm08, loved the presetnation and the comments!!! Great job there as it definetly requires time and effort from your side!!! standing ovation!
            CHECK UKMIX RETRO Chart Facts
            FIRST CYCLE or SECOND CYCLE

Comment

• Side Effects is one of her best songs lyrically. I'd love to hear a no-rap version, though.
              Haven't been early since '88

Comment

Joy To The World

High Scores (10): RayRay, bm08, InfoFromAus, DNK, Marchum, Wayne
                Low Scores (4): Rawiri James

UKMIX Fan Comments:

Originally posted by Reiko
                Well, when you mentioned JTTW I went back to the St. John's performance, and I do stand by what I'm hearing. Her voice is resonant on the midbelts, but gains so much more presence on the upper belts.

Originally posted by Cashiado View Post
                I totally forgot about this BET performance of Joy To The World!
                I love it!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FPF9TL8iSpQ

Comment

• Side effects is a very special song for me. It came along at just the right time and gave me the strength to leave a relationship that was suffocating. There’s a lot of lyrics that I can relate to.

My All Divas live; iconic, all of it.
                  YDKWTD is a great track, love the intro although I feel the rap takes away from her voice.

(I noticed that you have me listed as giving 10 points to And You Don’t Remember but if you check, I didn’t )
                  ...as I close my eyes, steady my feet on the ground.....

Comment

Miss You Most (At Christmas Time)

Ultimate 11: Marchum, Wayne
                    High Scores (10): skylynx, TomerMC, DNK
                    Low Scores (6): monarcbutterfly, sYair, mattsky

UKMIX Fan Comments:

Originally posted by ArmyOfMe View Post
                    The part where she lights a candle with her pinkie raised in the air like an antenna is a subtly iconique diva moment.
                    MC being extra since forever
                    Originally posted by GetBack View Post
                    She's so effortlessly beautiful in the music video as well!
                    Originally posted by SawyerHewitt View Post
                    This song gets me every effing time.
                    Hate ya, Meemz.
                    Originally posted by Preyoncé View Post

Beautiful song, music video, artist
                    I listen to this song even during the year. I miss some one...I just dont know whom yet

Comment

Bringin' On The Heartbreak
                      Rated: 8.35

Ultimate 11: matthew_dixon
                      High Scores (10): RayRay, InfoFromAus, DNK, Wayne, leoavalon
                      Low Scores (6): Goldmoney, sjm, spiritboy

UKMIX Fan Comments:

Originally posted by YASgawd View Post
                      Through The Rain, The One, I Only Wanted, My Saving Grace, Subtle Invitation, Bringin' On The Heartbreak are literally 5 out of 5.
                      Originally posted by stevyy View Post
                      Bringing on the Heartbreak is easily the best cover she's ever done bc it's just insane what she did with it + rock-ballads are her forté... she's never sounded better. Even today, a cute rock song would suit her so well... she could sing any genre... i'd love a country song as well. MC16, Make It Happen.
                      Originally posted by TheRealest View Post
                      BOTH vocals are just insane

Comment

• Christmas is cancelled!

#47 - Joy To The World
                        #46 - Miss You Most (At Christmas Time)
                        #45 - Bringin' On The Heartbreak

Comment

• I love BOTH. What a tune.
                          My Chart

Comment

• Good songs but not my favorites
                            Haven't been early since '88

Comment

• Joy To The World was in my fav lists when I bought the album, but in time it lost momentum. Today I barely listen to it.

Miss You Most is a beautiful ballad, but too sad. I prefer the more uplifting spirit of christmas so, even when the song is really cute, I never listen to it.

BOTH is a solid cover.

Three good songs that are ok in this positions imo.I would have them even in the 100-80 range.

Comment

• Originally posted by stevyy View Post
                                I love BOTH. What a tune.
                                Did you vote Mr Stevyy?!
                                MESMARIAHSING!

Comment

• BOTH, also known as Bringin' On The Heartbreak , can be described in one word: Ah-mazing! It's a brave move to redo a classic rock song. But Mariah put her stamp on it. I loved her vocal acrobatics and the musical arrangement. It puts me in a mood. Def Leppard's guitarist even said that it was a genuine version and a huge compliment to them. And the whistle part was Mariah's Thank You!

Comment

• Tbh, I’m not really into Kween’s Xmas music (or Xmas music in general) outside of Xmas GOAT and a few others. Miss You Most is cute I guess.

BOTH is alright but not my thing.
                                    Property of cheapthrill

Comment

• Originally posted by Goldmoney View Post
                                      Tbh, I’m not really into Kween’s Xmas music (or Xmas music in general) outside of Xmas GOAT and a few others. Miss You Most is cute I guess.

BOTH is alright but not my thing.
                                      This is blasphemous!!!

Comment

• YDWWTD is so overrated here... I love it but no way it's in the top 50 (maybe 100)

Side Effects - lyrically it's powerful but other than the beginning I think the production is meh. I still play it a lot but I always craved for a different take (maybe slower?)

Those Christmas songs are precious. MUMACT is one of the best.

BOTH - too high I think, however it's def one of her best covers.
                                        #mariahcarey #lambforlife

Comment

Vanishing

High Scores (10): skylynx, DNK, Marchum, Wayne
                                          Low Scores (6): mattsky

UKMIX Fan Comments:

Originally posted by Mariah4Mimi View Post

This vocal slayage right here is amazing. Mariah Carey was the first album by Mariah Carey I heard, and I remember skipping Vanishing when I was younger. Then a Youtube video absolutely changed my mind. It was of her performing it on SNL rehearsals. She absolutely slayed me to the next week. My weave was snatched; and I dont even wear weave! Since then, this riff and runs and vocal destroyer filled song has been on whenever and I always admire the lyrics. It reminds me of my broken childhood, where my dad was not really there. I see a lot of Mariah's songs as, not love songs, but songs that describe her bad childhood.
                                          Originally posted by Shaka View Post

Gurl, I'd love to hear Vanishing live again... But sis, let's be realistic with the potential fan favorites. That song was hard for her even in 1990.
                                          Originally posted by gunman6 View Post

Close my ass is overrated af..

Vanishing>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Comment

Melt Away

Ultimate 11: Marchum
                                            High Scores (10): whoawhoa
                                            Low Scores (6): Wayne

UKMIX Fan Comments:

Originally posted by ChrisDamen View Post
                                            Melt Away makes me melt away.
                                            Originally posted by alex4mc View Post

Also, "Melt Away" slays careers. One of my favorites.
                                            Originally posted by himc15 View Post
                                            +Melt Away is perfet for today.#Enjoy

Comment

Endless Love (with Luther Vandross)
                                              Rated: 8.38

High Scores (10): Goldmoney, skylynx, InfoFromAus, freeme, TomerMC, monarcbutterfly, DNK, matthew_dixon
                                              Low Scores (5): Rawiri James

UKMIX Fan Comments:

Originally posted by RayRay View Post

Endless Love is the best of her songs to be played on Valentines IMO:

Originally posted by Anderson View Post
                                              Her best covers

1. I'll be there
                                              2. Without you
                                              3. Endless love
                                              4. Open arms

Comment

Fantasy (ft. Ol' Dirty Bastard) [Bad Boy Remix]
                                                Rated: 8.39

High Scores (10): bm08, Leo, freeme, TomerMC, monarcbutterfly, DNK, Marchum, mattsky,
                                                Low Scores (1): RayRay

UKMIX Fan Comments:

Originally posted by innocenteyes View Post
                                                The original hasn't aged too well though and the remix bops more.
                                                Originally posted by BlueScorpion View Post

Even though this would remain legendary anyway Ol' Darty Bastard gave it extra life. I also prefer the remix these days.
                                                Originally posted by Goldmoney View Post
                                                The ODB version is probably the most iconik remix ever recorded. Changed black music forever.
                                                Originally posted by Pawlu84 View Post
                                                One of her best I still remember when it was released I wasn't a fan at that time but I always liked it. The remix is ok but the original is much, much better.

Comment

• Couldn't quite scrape enough points to enter the top 40!

44: Vanishing
                                                  43: Melt Away
                                                  42: Endless Love (with Luther Vandross)
                                                  41: Fantasy (ft. ODB)

Comment

• Vanishing! I loved how other artists praised this one. I remember reading Christina Aguilera, prior to her Stripped album, saying that she was aiming to write her own stuff and highlighting Vanishing as a role model of a song for her.

Melt Away is a sweet R^B tune. Babyface all over the place here. I like it a lot but also is kinda boring at points...

Endless Love is cute but wouldnt be this high for me.

Fantasy ODB is just iconic and amazing and it hurts my eyes , my eyeees, MY EYYEEEES to see a 1 next to it.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X