No announcement yet.

The Mariah Carey Discography Rate - Album Averages

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hero is a classik sure, not to mention a GP/Karen favorite, but if Kween has to be labored to perform it, that’s not a good sign.
    Greatest Of All Time

Comment

• I've fallen behind again!

Oh Santa! - super festive!
      Got To Be Real (Live) [with Patti Labelle] - incredible! I think I gave this a 9/10.
      For the Record - the self-discography references are divine.
      Make It Happen - uplifting gem.
      Prisoner - criminally low!
      When I Saw You - saccharine, yes, but entirely too low.
      With You - flawless songwriting and delivery.
      Faded - immaculate songwriting and delivery.
      Now That I Know - this deserved more!
      Cry - HOW. IS. THIS. NOT. TOP. 100?
      Alone in Love - I love this.
      Meteorite - this always puts me in a better mood.
      Clown - I thought y'all loved this song.
      Crybaby - incredible song. 10/10-worthy, but I probably gave it 9/10.
      Dedicated - I thought y'all loved this one, too.
      My All (Morales "My" Club Mix) - one of my fave MC remixes!
      If It's Over - among my top 10 MC faves.
      Side Effects - that pen game. Whew.
      You Don't Know What to Do - surprised to see this so much higher than "Dedicated".
      Joy to the Word - dem vocals tho.
      Bringin' on the Heartbreak - presently surprised to see this so richly appreciated. It's a gorgeous cover.
      Vanishing - among her more overrated songs.
      Melt Away - gorgeous!
      Hero - this song has saved lives. It means so much to me.
      Outside - relatable.
      One Sweet Day - how did this happen?
      Your Billboard Top Ten: #1 Good 4 U [11 weeks] + Drake invasion

Your heart is coloured with the love wrapped in the brilliant blue sky above, the breadth of the jewelled oceans, and the pure heat of the golden sun. And your heart is home to the cosmic creation that is you.

Comment

• Originally posted by Goldmoney View Post
        Hero is a classik sure, not to mention a GP/Karen favorite, but if Kween has to be labored to perform it, that’s not a good sign.
        She probably hates the fact that it was not intended for her to sing in the first place
        See The Mariah Carey Discography Rate
        See The Report Card - Weekly Top Songs

Comment

• Originally posted by JSparksFan View Post
          One Sweet Day - how did this happen?
          Only 14 songs managed to get a 7 as the lowest score, and OSD is one of them. This is its actual composition of votes:
          7: 4 votes
          8: 10 votes
          9: 2 votes
          10: 6 votes

2 songs that are already out are also part of this elite group:
          Oh Santa! at #61 and H.A.T.E.U. at #54! So we'll have 11 more songs to come from this list!

Fan trivia: only 1 song managed to score all 8+ rates... which one do you think it is??? Little help, it's not GOAT!
          CHECK UKMIX RETRO Chart Facts
          FIRST CYCLE or SECOND CYCLE

Comment

• Originally posted by JSparksFan View Post
            You Don't Know What to Do - surprised to see this so much higher than "Dedicated".
            Having revisited both songs and having had YDKWTD on repeat the last hour, I would like to retract this surprise, please.

Originally posted by Leo View Post
            Only 14 songs managed to get a 7 as the lowest score, and OSD is one of them. This is its actual composition of votes:
            7: 4 votes
            8: 10 votes
            9: 2 votes
            10: 6 votes

2 songs that are already out are also part of this elite group:
            Oh Santa! at #61 and H.A.T.E.U. at #54! So we'll have 11 more songs to come from this list!

Fan trivia: only 1 song managed to score all 8+ rates... which one do you think it is??? Little help, it's not GOAT!
            The Roof?

I feel like the fans give OSD a lot of grief, so I thoroughly expected it to be outside the top 100. Glad to see it's been more warmly embraced by the voters in this.

Your Billboard Top Ten: #1 Good 4 U [11 weeks] + Drake invasion

Your heart is coloured with the love wrapped in the brilliant blue sky above, the breadth of the jewelled oceans, and the pure heat of the golden sun. And your heart is home to the cosmic creation that is you.

Comment

• Originally posted by RayRay View Post

To me the chorus of the original version is just everything. How can they butcher it for this remix?!
              And the bridge on repeat is making it boring.

Yes, the original Fantasy is everything. Such a strong chorus, the song sounds fresh even today, and it's just so much fun.

But I still like the remix... not to the same degree, but it still has such a great sound and ODB's opening is iconic all on its own.
              MESMARIAHSING!

Comment

Without You
                Rated: 8.50

High Scores (10): RayRay, skylynx, Leo, JSparksFan, freeme, TomerMC, spiritboy, monarcbutterfly, Thriller
                Low Scores (4): sjm

UKMIX Fan Comments:

Originally posted by Goldmoney View Post
                A superb and chilling vocal performance from the immaculate and legendary songbird supreme. Her best cover IMO.
                Originally posted by Gravity View Post
                This is one of the first songs I've ever heard from Mimi, it's a classic. Probably her biggest hit in Europe as well.
                Originally posted by DOSSOME View Post
                Fantastic Rendition...She nailed this song
                Originally posted by chilled View Post
                It's crazy how Ken Lee has become as iconic as the real song itself!
                Originally posted by ForeverYoung View Post
                ICONICCCCC

Comment

I Still Believe
                  Rated: 8.52

High Scores (10): whoawhoa, sjm, freeme, DNK, Marchum, Goldmoney
                  Low Scores (4): Wayne

UKMIX Fan Comments:

Originally posted by GetBack View Post
                  Everything she did in the 1990s was flawless! The "Pure Imagination" Remix is so underrated, I can't believe she never included it in any of her albums. :-? :-?
                  Originally posted by SmartIsNewSexy View Post
                  forgotten gem

arguably the most beautiful Mariah has ever looked in a video
                  Originally posted by Joyride View Post
                  The way she out-sang (and out-charted too) the original singer of the song. Whew.

Comment

Slipping Away
                    Rated: 8.53

High Scores (10): bm08, sjm, DNK, Marchum
                    Low Scores (7): Goldmoney, freeme, monarcbutterfly, Wayne

UKMIX Fan Comments:

Originally posted by AutomaticBR View Post
                    the only thing i can say it's that it was a b-side on the "Always be my baby" US Single and i also love it, one of her best b-sides!
                    Originally posted by robbyds View Post
                    oh my god! slipping away is AMAZING. something that she could have made just recently. can't believe that this was recorded during the daydream era.
                    Originally posted by exhale View Post
                    very nice track!!
                    a little bit different of marish's tyle of that season
                    (1995)
                    Originally posted by GetBack View Post
                    "Slipping Away" is a masterpiece. I wonder how many songs she recorded for this era.

Comment

• Big cover songs fall in the top 40!

37: Without You
                      36: I Still Believe
                      35: Slipping Away

Comment

• I used to be a lot more lenient with her Karen material. Without You is fine but I don’t use it anymore. Her best cover is definitely now I Still Believe and I’m glad it eeked ahead.
                        Greatest Of All Time

Comment

• When will Brenda K. Mart?
                          Greatest Of All Time

Comment

• Without You is low! It’s a masterclass of a cover.

Comment

• Her version of I Still Believe refined the original. That's how you pay respect to the woman who helped you be a singer, staying true to the original beautiful melody, and killing it! Happy that this song and When You Believe are on the same album. I Still Believe still belongs in my Top 10 still.

Without You- I just listened to the Badfinger original, and also Harry's and Air Supply's versions. But Mariah owned this song. Her whispery delivery in the beginning set the tone. She conveyed the meaning of the song very well from start to finish through her emotive delivery as well as giving it soul.

Comment

• Without You is a classic but I’ve never really liked it that much. SA is a brilliant track.
                                Haven't been early since '88

Comment

• Originally posted by bm08 View Post
                                  Big cover songs fall in the top 40!

37: Without You
                                  36: I Still Believe
                                  35: Slipping Away
                                  Slipping Away is not a cover.
                                  My Instagram... - Click here

Comment

• Originally posted by RayRay View Post

Slipping Away is not a cover.
                                    Without You and I Still Believe are.... ;)

Comment

• Originally posted by bm08 View Post

Without You and I Still Believe are.... ;)
                                      True. Just thought you meant all three were covers.
                                      My Instagram... - Click here

Comment

• Shame BOTH ranked so low. Back in the day just about everyone knew that if you typed BOTH in capital letters you meant the Mariah cover of "Bringing On The Heartbreak". Also stunned to see "Hero" bow out so incredibly low - though I guess it might rank low with serious fans due to all the rest of us loving it so much.

Comment

Obsessed
                                          Rated: 8.55

High Scores (10): RayRay, Goldmoney, Leo, DNK, marchum
                                          Low Scores (7): monarcbutterfly, RedSimba, Rawiri James, Wayne

UKMIX Fan Comments:

Revisit the UKMIX "Obsessed" thread, with 200+ pages of real time release reviews
                                          https://www.ukmix.org/forum/music/th...carey-obsessed

Originally posted by aishawch View Post
                                          This thread has GONE CRAZY!!! I'm so digging into this song already.So gonna tell all my friends tomorrow in school bout this EXPLOSIVE song.
                                          LOVING IT!!!!!!!
                                          Originally posted by SpyVsSpy View Post
                                          Come to think of it, this is the first MC single where she actually makes it clear that she's singing about something 'specific' rather than about something in a general manner..not sure if im making sense
                                          Originally posted by watchalyk View Post
                                          the song is so HOT TAMALE!

i hope she releases the song on itunes 2 weeks from now..so she could keep her record for most weeks at no.1 (14 weeks)this decade

The Black eyed Peas is already no. 1 for 11weeks 3 more weeks then they'll be at a tie.

so hype it first on radio for the next 2 weeks then release it digitally the third week..it will surely hit no.1!

coz so far there's no other song that can seem to stop BOOM BOOM POW at the TOP!

Comment

Christmas (Baby Please Come Home)
                                            Rated: 8.58

High Scores (10): Goldmoney, bm08, InfoFromAus, DNK, Marchum, Wayne
                                            Low Scores (6): Rawiri James

UKMIX Fan Comments:

Originally posted by BlueScorpion View Post
                                            "Christmas (Baby Please Come Home)" is probably the second most popular song on this album and rightfully so!!
                                            Originally posted by himc15 View Post

omg,omg im having a Barthroom moment for CBPCH
                                            wow,just wow

Comment

Touch My Body
                                              Rated: 8.62

High Scores (10): RayRay, Goldmoney, skylynx, Leo, freeme, TomerMC, DNK, Marchum
                                              Low Scores (6): Thriller

UKMIX Fan Comments:

Revisit the UKMIX "Touch My Body" thread, with 60+ pages of real time release reviews
                                              https://www.ukmix.org/forum/music/th...-touch-my-body

Originally posted by AyumiH View Post
                                              Man she's approaching her 40's and is still as hot as ever
                                              Originally posted by Jark View Post
                                              Omg! Amazing video!
                                              Originally posted by Star View Post
                                              I love it!!
                                              And I love the song now.
                                              Super cuute! <3<3<3<3
                                              Originally posted by crazycool View Post
                                              Classic Mariah video! She always delivers with her video's, it's up with the Heartbreaker + Honey video!

Love this song so much, and I loved it when she got that gun out!

Comment

Out Here On My Own
                                                Rated: 8.63

Ultimate 11: sYair
                                                High Scores (10): RayRay, sjm, freeme, DNK, monarcbutterfly
                                                Low Scores (6): Rawiri James

UKMIX Fan Comments:

Originally posted by stevyy View Post
                                                This is one of the greatest ballads she has released. I am genuinely shocked and absolutely blown away.
                                                Originally posted by BehindBreakaway View Post
                                                It's beautiful
                                                Originally posted by skylynx View Post
                                                Incredible!
                                                Originally posted by Wayne View Post
                                                The lyric video is gorgeous and very effective.

The more I listen to this, the more I'm convinced it's up there with her best ballads - the vocals are so raw and stunning.

Comment

• She's obsessed with Christmas!

34: Obsessed
                                                  33: Christmas (Baby Please Come Home)
                                                  32: Touch My Body
                                                  31: Out Here On My Own

Comment

• Out Here... is nice but it should not be higher than 3 career-definers.
                                                    Greatest Of All Time

Comment

Working...
                                                    X