No announcement yet.

The Mariah Carey Discography Rate - Album Averages

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I was thinking O Holy Night and Giving Me Life but I was sure they were gone already.

I would switch out 1/2 tbh.
    Greatest Of All Time

Comment

• This is my first time seeing the top 20 and...wow

I agree that When You Believe being top 20 is...too high! Top 40 maybe!

O Holy Night is quite high too. That's a real surprise! Betcha Gon Know...I cant believe it at all...like top 20? How?! I'm surprised VOL, Caution made it so high too.

Some are expected though... WBT, Fantasy, Honey, My All...
      See The Mariah Carey Discography Rate
      See The Report Card - Weekly Top Songs

Comment

• Everything Fades Away the best song on that crap AC album?
        Greatest Of All Time

Comment

• Caution having two songs left in the top 20 is surprising as well!!

Comment

• Firstly - ATYNAF - listening to it last night in the car and I was thinking to myself - that has to be in the top 20.
            It's a legendary song that is loved by fans.
            It's epic - brilliant vocals, choir, belts, runs, and a beautiful melody.

And it comes in at #21? * insert crying emoji *

Secondly - interesting top 20.

Hate to ask - but at the end of this countdown, is it possible to get a summary of votes? Like, which songs got the most 11s, the most 10s etc?
            MESMARIAHSING!

Comment

• Originally posted by InfoFromAus View Post
              Firstly - ATYNAF - listening to it last night in the car and I was thinking to myself - that has to be in the top 20.
              It's a legendary song that is loved by fans.
              It's epic - brilliant vocals, choir, belts, runs, and a beautiful melody.

And it comes in at #21? * insert crying emoji *
              Rawiri James killed it. I thought he didn’t like her pop songs tho? Ain’t nothing pop about it except that it was on a lite pop album.
              Greatest Of All Time

Comment

• Dreamlover is always nice to hear on shuffle.

It's Like That is edgy. If someone hears Mariah for the first with this one, he/she will definitely crave for more of her music. Welcome to Mariah's world.

Anytime You Need a Friend barely missing Top 20 is beyond me. If I could write Mariah a letter, I would tell her: "Thank You Mariah for writing a song about friendship. You don't know how much meaningful this song is right now when many people are in distress and need someone to talk to. And the way you sang its encouraging lyrics would give initial dose of antidepressant to lonely hearts."

Comment

• Originally posted by InfoFromAus View Post

Hate to ask - but at the end of this countdown, is it possible to get a summary of votes? Like, which songs got the most 11s, the most 10s etc?
                  Yeah! I think Leo and I can do some analysis at the end, including album averages. Etc

Comment

• I just finished listening to the remaining tweny songs. Here are my Top Ten Picks.
                    • Always Be My Baby
                    • Butterfly
                    • Fly Like a Bird
                    • Heartbreaker
                    • Honey
                    • Lead The Way
                    • My All
                    • Vision of Love
                    • We Belong Together
                    • When You Believe

Comment

Betcha Gon' Know (The Prologue)
                      Rated: 9.00

High Scores (10): RayRay, Leo, InfoFromAus, TomerMC, DNK, Rawiri James, Marchum, mattsky, Wayne
                      Low Scores (7): Goldmoney, skylynx, bm08

UKMIX Fan Comments:

Originally posted by NormiMalone View Post
                      "Betcha Gon' Know" is a riveting soap opera
                      Originally posted by RayRay View Post
                      Betcha Gon' Know: One of my all time favorite Mariah songs. Especially the Jumpsmokers Remix is fire.

Originally posted by skywalker View Post
                      Yes to BGK as a single. I used to listen to that song on repeat and imagine the video
                      Wasted opportunities

Comment

Fly Like A Bird
                        Rated: 9.03

High Scores (10): sjm, Leo, JSparksFan, freeme, TomerMC, DNK, RedSimba, Marchum, mattsky, Wayne
                        Low Scores (6): spiritboy

UKMIX Fan Comments:

Originally posted by geminidragon View Post
                        btw, am i the only one who gets goosebumps when Mariah performs Fly Like A Bird live?

Here comes the Grammys!!!
                        Originally posted by SholasBoy View Post
                        I love this song, it's my second favourite on the album after Stay The Night
                        Originally posted by Colin View Post
                        I love this song, it should have got a proper release with video and everything.
                        Originally posted by Kaloki View Post
                        Every single thing about this song is 10/10

Comment

Everything Fades Away
                          Rated: 9.05

Ultimate 11: bm08, monarcbutterfly, Wayne
                          High Scores (10): RayRay, skylynx, Leo, TomerMC, DNK, RedSimba,
                          Low Scores (6): freeme

UKMIX Fan Comments:

Originally posted by Lamhe View Post
                          I love "everything fades away". I L.O.V.E it.
                          Originally posted by Nippian93 View Post

True, Everything Fades Away is the best song on the album, though.
                          Originally posted by stevyy View Post

slay, nippian, it's also my fave track from the album. it's so depressing and dark. <3

Comment

• We enter the top 20 and say goodbye to three gems!

The songs that are left randomised:

Caution
                            Fly Like a Bird
                            #Beautiful (ft. Miguel)
                            Betcha Gon' Know (The Prologue)
                            Heartbreaker (ft. Jay-Z)
                            Always Be My Baby
                            All I Want For Christmas Is You
                            Honey
                            We Belong Together
                            When You Believe (with Whitney Houston)
                            The Roof (Back In Time)
                            Fantasy
                            Butterfly
                            O Holy Night
                            My All
                            Vision of Love
                            Breakdown (ft. Krayzie Bone & Wish Bone)
                            Everything Fades Away
                            Giving Me Life (ft. Blood Orange & Slick Rick)
                            Lead The Way

Comment

• I am so surprised that Betcha Gon' Know has made the top 20.

I did give it a 10 - I think there's something special about it - Mariah's vocals, the imagery through the lyrics, the mood of the song, it's great.

The average being 9 is a surprise - it's a bit of an unheralded track.
                              MESMARIAHSING!

Comment

• Thanks for posting that clip of Fly, it got me in the feels like the first time I heard it on the album!
                                1 Camila Cabello |2 Silk Sonic|3 Yola |4 Jennifer Hudson |5 KAWALA

Comment

• BGK is a tad weak and uninteresting. Surprised it found its way inside top 20.

FLAB- One of my top picks, gone-The unpredictability of this ranking! This song is best played inside the car, when you're on the road.

EFA has got some potential to grow on you. But it needs a proper music video to make it known to the the public.
                                  Last edited by nemospence; Sat June 19, 2021, 11:10.

Comment

• Great songs! There is something special about Betcha Gon' Know. FLB is splendid.
                                    Haven't been early since '88

Comment

• I just love almost everything she puts out. almost.

BGK is so high wow... the one that got a way along with Migrate.

FLAB is phenomenal. such powerful message, lyrics, vocals. I wish one day Mariah would sing it live and give it justice. it's way too messy with all the lipping parts jumping around...

EFA is hunting and beautiful. I am very moved by it. happy to see it ranked in the top 20!
                                      #mariahcarey #lambforlife

Comment

• I only know Fly Like A Bird, great song from a great album.

Comment

• Originally posted by Thriller View Post
                                          I only know Fly Like A Bird, great song from a great album.
                                          Get to know Betcha Gon' Know like right now. One of her all time best songs.
                                          My Instagram... - Click here

Comment

• I love Betcha Dont Know, but for it to be top 20 is way overrated.

Comment

• Originally posted by bm08 View Post
                                              I love Betcha Dont Know, but for it to be top 20 is way overrated.
                                              That's cause ATYNAF deserved top 20!

There are a few songs in the top 20 that surprise me to be honest.
                                              Not that I hate or dislike them... just didn't expect that.
                                              MESMARIAHSING!

Comment

• And there goes one of my 11s, EFA. It’s always been a favourite of mine but I think after reading the book, I like it even more now. It’s both understated and epic, haunting and beautiful, a true masterpiece in my eyes.

Surprised to see BGK in the top 20 while ATYNAF and the staple that is Hero miss out but it’s all down to personal taste, Mariah really has something for everyone.
                                                ...as I close my eyes, steady my feet on the ground.....

Comment

• It's interesting to comparte Betcha with historic fan favs and household names such as Hero and AYNAF... the thing I find in the votes is that those big songs actually got better rates from many voters, but also they brought some members that kinda rated low the big ones, so the average was pushed down.
                                                  Betcha got no 11s but got all 7+ ,while Hero got 1 11s and 9 10s but also 1 3s, 1 4s and 2 6s; and Anytime got 1 11s, 10 10s but also 1 5s

So Betcha may seem no strong one in comparisson to the big names, but it was more consistent in the rates, while big ones always bring some members that are tired of it being in every countdown/video montage/etc and may rate it low.
                                                  CHECK UKMIX RETRO Chart Facts
                                                  FIRST CYCLE or SECOND CYCLE

Comment

• Well, we/you could have done it like in Miss Universe where the highest and lowest scores are eliminated and the rest are averaged, thereby removing certain biases.
                                                    Ok, that was a pretty girly example... I can give a sports example: in gymnastics they used to remove the lowest and highest scores... ok, that wasn't any less girly!

It's understandable that some voters may be more likely to rate some of the big songs lower due to familiarity and over exposure. I tried not to let that phase me when rating the songs.

It's an interesting exercise really, and I'm very curious to see the ratings of the top songs.
                                                    MESMARIAHSING!

Comment

Working...
                                                    X