Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• mattsky
    replied
    One More Gen is awesome! The Art of Letting Go is ok.

Last edited by mattsky; Tue March 30, 2021, 18:47.

Leave a comment:

• WaitYourTurn
    replied
    One mo Gen deserves more but I suppose less people have heard it!

Leave a comment:

• JSparksFan
    replied
    "The Art of Letting Go" has clunky pacing, but that last minute or so lifts it into the stratosphere for me.

Leave a comment:

• spiritboy
    replied
    Music Box is a nice ballad, i don't know why i gave it a 6, it deserves a solid 7.

One Mo'Gen got 7 from me. A solid track but not one of my fave songs on Caution.

The Art of Letting Go is an okay track for me, it was another artist i would've given higher marks but Mariah has so many gems it would be unfair to them.

Great presentation by the way.

Leave a comment:

• bm08
    replied
    The graphics are made by the amazing Leo!

Originally posted by monarcbutterfly View Post
    May I ask, are we going to see the whole list, so numbers 101-300?
    Yes! Tomorrow we will post more from the lower end.

Leave a comment:

• monarcbutterfly
    replied
    I really like Music Box, I scored it 8 so I’m disappointed to see it in the lower echelons.
    Great presentation and I’m really enjoying this, thank you guys.
    May I ask, are we going to see the whole list, so numbers 101-300?
    Last edited by monarcbutterfly; Tue March 30, 2021, 14:34.

Leave a comment:

• bm08
    replied
    One Mo Gen deserves a lot more tbh! Top 50 at least!!

Leave a comment:

• Tomer_MC
    replied
    Excited for the countdown!

these last 3 songs are so different from each other lol... I LIVE for Music Box & One Mo' Gen

Leave a comment:

• Thriller
    replied
    I only really know her singles, I really should check out her album tracks more.

Leave a comment:

• InfoFromAus
    replied
    Ooh, I'm liking the presentation. Well done.

Also, good to see who voted the highest and lowest... you know, so I know who to hold grudges against.

Leave a comment:

• bm08
    replied
    100 - 98 now posted, including the highs and lows!

Leave a comment:

• bm08
    replied

We begin with the main countdown today, with positions #100 - #98 revealed. Songs ranged from three different albums from two different decades. None of the three songs garnered the coveted 11, but all got 10s! Interestingly, all averaged 7.65, meaning the number of 10s across the board separated the three songs. For these entries, we also reveal the highest and lowest judges, which will begin to indicate the Simons, Paulas and Randys of UKMIX.

Music Box
    Avg:7.65
    Highest Score: 10 (DNK, Wayne)
    Lowest Score:: 5 (whoawhoa)

One Mo' Gen
    Highest Score: 10 (bm08, sjm, DNK, Marchum)
    Lowest Score:: 3 (Wayne)

The Art of Letting Go
    Highest Score: 10 (whoawhoa, Leo, JSparksFan, freeme, DNK)
    Lowest Score:: 5 (spiritboy)

Leave a comment:

• Leo
    replied
    Originally posted by bm08 View Post
    How did you guys see that so quickly

Just need a slight editing...brb. I'll restore the post once it's updated.
    File fixed! tha rank was done by avg but then alphabetically! Now it's more accurate based on highest rate given to each song

Leave a comment:

• RayRay
    replied
    Originally posted by bm08 View Post
    I'm surprised to see the Shake It Off Remix out so early. I think it is one of her better 00s remixes tbh.
    I'm not here for rap features.

Leave a comment:

• RedSimba
    replied
    I didn't give AIWFCIY with Bieber a 0, but it did get my lowest rating.

My highest rating in the first batch was "Dreamlover (Club Joint Mix)." I always enjoyed this remix and used to hear it on the radio back in the day.

Leave a comment:

• bm08
    replied
    How did you guys see that so quickly

Just need a slight editing...brb. I'll restore the post once it's updated.

Leave a comment:

• bm08
    replied
    I'm surprised to see the Shake It Off Remix out so early. I think it is one of her better 00s remixes tbh.

Leave a comment:

• whoawhoa
    replied
    I'm glad to see my two zeros - AIWFCIY with Justin Bieber and Did I Do That? - as the lowest ranked song and album track, respectively. There are no major losses here but I don't mind the Westlife duet as it was the first version of AAO I was familiar with from "Greatest Hits".

Now that a lot of the lowlights of her discography are out of the way, I'm excited to see how the (almost) 300 remaining gems are ranked!!

Leave a comment:

• Thriller
    replied
    I’m not surprised to see the Justin Bieber and Westlife duets in the lowest bunch but I think they’re both alright!

Leave a comment:

• Leo
    replied
    We've lost:

OTHER ERAs: 16 out of 57 songs, including the single U Make Me Wanna.
    CHARMBRACELET: 5 out of 20 songs, but mainly all Boy remixes.
    THE EMANCIPATION OF MIMI: 4 out of 29 songs, including 1 album track!
    MUSIC BOX: 2 out of 16 songs
    RAINBOW: 2 out of 19 songs, an album track and the #1 UK AAO!
    EINSTEIN: 1 out of 18 songs
    IMPERFECT ANGEL: 1 out of 19 songs, an album track.
    MERRY CHRISTMAS: 1 out of 15 songs
    Last edited by Leo; Sun March 28, 2021, 13:21.

Leave a comment:

• monarcbutterfly
    replied
    A little surprised to see any version of AIWFCIY come in last position, although I do think that the Justin version is just so...unneeded?
    Surprised at AAO with Westlife although it doesn’t come close the album version.
    I’m going to have to look up my votes as I can’t remember some of them

Leave a comment:

• Sebastian
    replied
    These past few weeks I've been listening to AAO with Westlife more than ever, since Spotify includes it in a lot of playlists. It's not that bad, surprised to see it THAT low.

Gotta Thing 4 U is low key a bop too.
    Last edited by Sebastian; Sun March 28, 2021, 05:23.

Leave a comment:

• InfoFromAus
    replied
    Originally posted by Leo View Post
    Not surprised at all that Did I Do That? is the lowest ranked album cut of the whole discography. I like it but it's not amazing. Little facts: it got 2 0s, but it was not the only album cut to get a 0... in fact 7 album tracks got at least 1 0... and some of them were even singles...

To the Floor (ft. Nelly) is the second lowest album track here. But in general it did not get a lot of hate, just that the highest rate was a 7, so noone actually really highlight it and that's why it's this low.
    Two of my least favourite Mariah songs ever... album tracks at least. My score for each was the same and was quite low!

Though I can't believe people actually rated songs '0'. That's pretty severe. In hindsight I probably could have too - there are some songs I would never listen to.

Leave a comment:

• bm08
    replied
    Just a bit of context, I am finding out the rankings just as the posts are revealed so I am just as surprised by some of these early posts as everyone else.

Originally posted by Leo View Post

Against All Odds (with Westlife) is so complicated for me: I dislike it a lot, I think the production was weak, but then as her 2nd chart topper in UK I feel we are obliged to get it in Hits packages in the future instead of the outsanding and sublime Rainbow version. So we can say this is actually Mariah's lowest ranked single, deservingly.
    I think AAO being out so early is perhaps one of the big bombs for me. I knew it wasnt as beloved as the other songs, but certainly I thought it would be in the midtier and not out in the first batch. For me, I hardly listen to this, but when I do I love what I hear. I have to be in that mood for the big ballad from MC though. But in brief, I think this is an okay song that deserved higher.

Originally posted by InfoFromAus View Post
    But how?

#316 When Do The Bells Ring for Me (with Tony Bennett) Avg: 4.94
    I think this is an okay song but I wasnt surprised to see it so low. I find it to be a bit...bland

Leave a comment:

• Leo
    replied
    I must say I was very surprised to see AIWFCIY right at the bottom, in any form... but ti was a clear loser herewith FIVE members giving it 0 points, the most any song got... Personally, I don't like the version at all (but gave it no 0...)

Things That U Do (Jay-Z song): I really like this song!!! I bought the Jay-Z album to get it! The album proved to be dope and I loved it, but the song is fire... This oriental vibes scream a hot video.

Your Girl Diplomat Remix is superior to the original imo. It gives a hotter edge to my ears. But I kinda get the hate as the remix is mainly a rapper above the song. Still. I prefer it to the original song.

Boy (I Need You) Topnotch TOX Mix her my heart broke into pieces... The album version is no good, but this is so superior and hot! And ending up as the lowest Boy remix here is like NO WAY... All the silliness and excessive sweetness that the album track has, this takes away and takes off.

Not surprised at all that Did I Do That? is the lowest ranked album cut of the whole discography. I like it but it's not amazing. Little facts: it got 2 0s, but it was not the only album cut to get a 0... in fact 7 album tracks got at least 1 0... and some of them were even singles...

When Do the Bells Ring for Me (with Tony Bennett) getting so low kind of implies we are not here for a standards kinda album!

Dreamlover remixes get punished cause the actual dreamlover is heaven on earth... but both are hot! The Bam Jam Soul one is like candy.

To the Floor (ft. Nelly) is the second lowest album track here. But in general it did not get a lot of hate, just that the highest rate was a 7, so noone actually really highlight it and that's why it's this low.

Bye Bye So So Def Remix (feat. Jay-Z): something similar to Your Girl Remix imo: a fresh and cooler version of the song but as its a remix and it's kinda in the same vibe as the song then I thinnk people won't give it proper treatment... I LOVE it, more than the original...

But then... Shake It Off Remix feat. Jay-Z & Jeezy... REALLY?? this low??? this remix is a+mazing!!! I LOVE IT SO MUCH!!! This could have been a Mimi+Bey effort, I can hear Beyonce singing Jay-Z rap... I wanted this in the Top100, that's how crazy for this one I am...

Sweetheart Lil'Jon Remix (with Jermaine Dupri): another great remix... I do get now that voters are not here for urbanriah...

Second christmas song out is Lil Snowman! It was something different and playful, it deserves more imo. It even got a 10!

Agree with G$ that U Make Me Wanna (with Jadakiss) deserved MUCH better here. That chorus and sample is addictive. But another anti-urbanriah impact.

It's Like That Scott Storch Remix feat. Fat Joe & Scott Storch, similar opinion as above: a fun remix with no luck here.

Against All Odds (with Westlife) is so complicated for me: I dislike it a lot, I think the production was weak, but then as her 2nd chart topper in UK I feel we are obliged to get it in Hits packages in the future instead of the outsanding and sublime Rainbow version. So we can say this is actually Mariah's lowest ranked single, deservingly.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X