Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• JSparksFan
    replied
    Pretty broad range of averages early on - that's definitely a surprise. Y'all are clearly not here for that Bieber AIWFCIY remix.

Leave a comment:

• InfoFromAus
    replied
    But how?

#316 When Do The Bells Ring for Me (with Tony Bennett) Avg: 4.94

#315 Dreamlover Theo’s Club Joint Remix Avg: 5.00

#314 Dreamlover Ban Jam Soul Remix Avg: 5.13

When Do The Bells... is objectively a quality song/recording.
    And the hate for these two Dreamlover remixes... scandalous!

But the biggest lol is the SuperFestive version coming last!

I'm anxious about the rest of the ranking now!

Leave a comment:

• bm08
    replied
    4 versions of Boy (I Need You) out at once!

Leave a comment:

• spiritboy
    replied
    Out of this batch, i love To The Floor and Against All Odds. Since i only ranked her albums, i forgot to rank some of her non-album tracks. Still, Infamous wouldn't have gotten much points from me

Leave a comment:

• bm08
    replied
    Originally posted by Goldmoney View Post
    Last place is totally deserving tho.
    I am shocked that any version of AIWFCIY is dead LAST. Yall did my girls dirty!!!

Leave a comment:

• Goldmoney
    replied
    Last place is totally deserving tho.

Leave a comment:

• Goldmoney
    replied
    I know U Make Me Wanna didn’t hit WW but that and IKWYW readied her for EOM! And it’s a complete bop!

Leave a comment:

• RayRay
    replied
    Lil Snowman and When Do The Bells Ring For Me should be higher. The rest I understand. Although Warning should be last.

Leave a comment:

• bm08
    replied
    The first batch is live for 331 - 301 above! Any shockers?

Leave a comment:

• bm08
    replied
    Welcome to the Mariah Carey Discography Rate!

We’ll begin with the lower end of the chart in the first batch with songs ranked between #332 - #301! This will be the bulkiest batch. These songs averaged between 3 - 5 points, which isn't too bad in the grand scheme. Other ranks will be far more descriptive that may, in some cases, cause controversy and debate. But, for now...

All I Want For Christmas Is You (SuperFestive!) with Justin Bieber
    Avg: 3.17

Warning (Uncle Murda, 50 Cent, Young Jeezy)
    Avg: 3.25

Mizza (Damizza)
    Avg: 3.57

Got A Thing 4 You (ft. Da Brat & Elephant Man)
    Avg: 4.12

Things That U Do (Jay Z)
    Avg: 4.25

What Would You Do (Damizza, Nate Dogg & Butch Cassidy)
    Avg: 4.27

Your Girl (Diplomat Remix) ft. Cam’Ron, Juelz Santana & Diplomat
    Avg: 4.38

Boy (I Need You) Topnotch TOX Mix (ft. Cam’Ron, DJ Olabean, Theeyasan & P.L)

Did I Do That? (ft. Mystikal & Master P)

Boy (I Need You) Remix by The Duke & MVP from Disco Montego
    Avg: 4.44

Boy (I Need You) Street Remix ft Cam’Ron, Juelz Santana, Jimmy Jones & Freeway
    Avg: 4.65

Infamous (with Jussie Smoellett)
    Avg: 4.74

Friendz (N.O.R.E.)
    Avg: 4.75

Boy (I Need You) Cophenhaniacs Remix ft. Cam’Ron
    Avg: 4.75

Weakness of the Body (Demo)
    Avg: 4.88

Can’t Say No (with Rick Ross)
    Avg: 4.94

When Do The Bells Ring for Me (with Tony Bennett)
    Avg: 4.94

Dreamlover Theo’s Club Joint Remix
    Avg: 5.00

Dreamlover Ban Jam Soul Remix
    Avg: 5.13

Pisces (Mimi Mix) (with Trey Lorenz)

Make You Happy (With Trey Lorenz)

To The Floor (ft. Nelly)
    Avg: 5.20

Bye Bye (So So Dex Remix) ft. Jay Z
    Avg: 5.22

I Still Believe (The Eve of Souls Mix UK Edit)
    Avg: 5.24

The Impossible (The Reprise)
    Avg: 5.25

Through The Rain (Remix) ft. Joe & Kelly Price
    Avg: 5.28

Shake It Off Remix ft. Jay-Z & Jeezy
    Avg: 5.33

Sweetheart Lil Jon Remix (with Jermaine Dupri)
    Avg: 5.35

Lil Snowman
    Avg: 5.39

U Make Me Wanna (with Jadakiss)
    Avg: 5.47

It’s Like That Scott Storch Remix ft. Fat Joe & Scott Storch
    Avg: 5.50

Against All Odds (with Westlife)
    Avg: 5.52

Leave a comment:

• Wayne
    replied
    Originally posted by Leo View Post
    Wayne hope this works! DEadline is tomorrow EOD so I can prepare first posts for saturday lol unless bm08 changes plans!
    I think we've missed the boat with this one now tbh as I'm only now seeing it! Sorry

Leave a comment:

• Leo
    replied
    Wayne hope this works! DEadline is tomorrow EOD so I can prepare first posts for saturday lol unless bm08 changes plans!

Leave a comment:

• Leo
    replied
    I'm on a little trip but will try to!
    I am busy now finalizing to register all votes already sent! Must say we have a good bunch! A lot of people voted but did not post here they have!

Leave a comment:

• RayRay
    replied
    Originally posted by Wayne View Post

If someone does one, happy to post it at the top of the forum for a couple of days.
    Anyone? Leo ?

bm08 ?

Leave a comment:

• Wayne
    replied
    Originally posted by RayRay View Post
    Wayne we need you to put a flyer on top of the site to get all the lambs voting.
    If someone does one, happy to post it at the top of the forum for a couple of days.

Leave a comment:

• bm08
    replied
    Originally posted by spiritboy View Post
    Will there be a seperate thread for the discussion or will you guys continue the countdown on this thread?
    We will continue in this thread but to keep organised, we'll have all the songs #s on the front page.

Leave a comment:

• spiritboy
    replied
    Will there be a seperate thread for the discussion or will you guys continue the countdown on this thread?

Leave a comment:

• bm08
    replied
    Kicks off on 3/27, Mariah's Anniversary!

Leave a comment:

• RayRay
    replied
    Wayne we need you to put a flyer on top of the site to get all the lambs voting.

Leave a comment:

• Goldmoney
    replied
    Signed, sealed, delivered

Leave a comment:

• bm08
    replied
    Lots of votes came in yesterday. Last day to get them in!!

Leave a comment:

• RayRay
    replied
    Sent my new votes.

Leave a comment:

• Leo
    replied
    #Beautiful was so good and fresh and cool that I felt really sad it "only" managed a #15 rank in the US. It started strong but then it felt like people let it go, and radio... All but Mariah to be honest. All the remixes and videos and stuff so late, and then the video shoot that ended up with her in the hospital...

With that introduction, I thought this was going to be gold... and it was! The title was bad. It's like she did not know what she wanted at that point in her life: this loooooonng era with beautiful and then two titles instead of 1: or Me I Am Mariah or Elusive Chanteuse..., and then TMEternal as second official single...

I loved The Art of Letting Go. Was not single material at all but I feel it was another fresh song from her, and increased my interest in the project. But then Eternal, although nice, was dissapointing. It was like WBT version 14 already, and she had Faded or You Dont Know or Thristy to come and smash but again went for the safe ballad that ended up killing he era early...

As a lamb though, after some time without new music, this was a great gift.

Leave a comment:

• Leo
    replied

Album Title: Me. I Am Mariah... The Elusive Chanteuse
    Release Date: May 24th 2014 by Def Jam

General Info: The record had been in development since 2011; during its production, Mariah hired friend and collaborator Randy Jackson to manage her career, before replacing him with another frequent collaborator, Jermaine Dupri. The album consists of guest appearances from Nas, Miguel, Wale, and Fabolous, as well as gospel and R&B duo Mary Mary, in addition to Carey's twins Moroccan and Monroe.
    Previously titled The Art of Letting Go, the album was originally scheduled for release in 2012 following the single, "Triumphant (Get 'Em)" featuring Rick Ross and Meek Mill. However, after the song's underperformance, additional songs were recorded for the album, causing the release date to be pushed back several times throughout 2013 and again in 2014. Together with Bryan Michael Cox, Carey and Dupri executively produced the album. It is named after a self-portrait that Carey drew at the age of three-years old that she captioned "Me. I Am Mariah". "The Elusive Chanteuse" part of the title is one of Carey's many monikers.
    Consisting of fifteen songs and four deluxe songs Me. I Am Mariah... The Elusive Chanteuse is an R&B album with a diverse musical style that incorporates hip hop, hip hop soul, soul and elements of disco and gospel. Mike Wass of Idolator described the album as being a concept album that journeys through the eras of R&B, from Motown to the '90s, disco and early hip-hop.

Reviews: Upon release, the album received generally positive reviews. The review aggregator website Metacritic gives a weighted average rating to an album based upon the selected independent mainstream reviews it utilizes, and the album has a Metascore of a 67 out of 100 based on 15 reviews. Kenneth Partridge of Billboard rated the album a 77 out of 100, writing how Mariah has found her musical niche that her fans have come to expect that is a "mix of pop-classicist balladry and hip-hop-tinged summer jamming".

Commercial performance: In the United States, Me. I Am Mariah…The Elusive Chanteuse debuted at number three on the Billboard 200 albums chart with sales of 58,000 copies. It is her 17th top-ten album in the US, but became her lowest opening for a non holiday studio album since Nielsen SoundScan started tracking sales in 1991. The album rapidly descended down the charts, and was present on the Billboard 200 for a total of eight weeks, becoming the album with the shortest chart run to that point. As of November 2018, the album has sold 127,000 copies in the United States.

Singles:

US UK AUS CAN FRA GER
    #Beautiful feat. Miguel 15 22 6 27 41 -
    You're Mine (Eternal) 88 87 - - 96 -
    You Don't Know What to Do feat. Wale - - - - - -
    The Art of Letting Go - 90 - - - -

Accolades: -

YouTube: Views belong to the official video as of March 22nd 2021

#Beautiful Official Video feat. Miguel - 56.696.809 views
    #Beautiful (Explicit) Official Video feat. Miguel - 13.792.632 views
    #Hermosa Official Video feat. Miguel - 230.203 views
    #Hermosa (Explicit) Official Video feat. Miguel - 1.504.586 views
    You're Mine (Eternal) Official Video - 11.531.546 views
    You're Mine (Eternal) Remix Official Video feat. Trey Songz - 4.991.735 views

Songs listed in the ballot:

Cry.
    Faded
    Dedicated (ft. Nas)
    #Beautiful (ft. Miguel)
    Thirsty
    Make It Look Good
    You're Mine (Eternal)
    You Don't Know What To Do (ft. Wale)
    Supernatural
    Meteorite
    Camouflage
    Money ($ * / ...) [ft. Fabolous]
    One More Try
    Heavenly (No More Ways Tired / Can't Give Up Now)
    It's a Wrap (ft. Mary J Blige)
    Betcha Gon Know (ft. R. Kelly)
    The Art of Letting Go
    #Beautiful (ft. Miguel & Jeezy) [Remix]
    You're Mine (Eternal) Remix (feat. Trey Songz)

Source: wikipedia Mariah Carey & Chanteuse album.

Leave a comment:

• InfoFromAus
    replied
    Oh dear goodness... that was not an easy exercise.

I didn't rate all the songs... and by the end I just had to make sharp decisions. I'm sure if I did this again I'd get totally different scores.
    But it's just for fun...

Also, I think I got very different estimations for my fave albums doing it this way.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X