No announcement yet.

The Mariah Carey Discography Rate - Album Averages

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Roof is indeed nice, but a bit overrated among the fans tbh.
    See The Mariah Carey Discography Rate
    See The Report Card - Weekly Top Songs

Comment

• Nothing on Butterfly comes close to the "overrated" category imo!!!

The Roof is outstanding, which does not mean other songs are less outstanding, but The Roof will be a deserving #1 (if that's the case of course). The atmosphere, the flow, the lyrics, the video... it is full.

I think that the entire top10 are 10/10 material anyway. I wouldnt be surprise to find ABMB, The Roof, WBT, AIFCIY, Fantasy or VOL at the top. Each are quite different. Each one define an era. Probably The Roof is the least fav because it was not a #1, but that's what highlight it from tis list: it' actually lambs appretiating not the mega blockbuster thing.
      CHECK UKMIX RETRO Chart Facts
      FIRST CYCLE or SECOND CYCLE

Comment

• I would definitely have swapped out The Roof for Breakdown, which wasn’t a smasha either.
        Greatest Of All Time

Comment

• Vision of Love is the perfect song to introduce Mariah to the world. The main attraction here was her unique voice, not the instrumentation. She let us know what she could do as a singer-sing on key, sing with power, vibrato, melisma, etc. And that whistle register! She sang with an attitude. And she writes too! Whitney dahhling, where are you?

Comment

• Originally posted by bm08 View Post
            The Roof is indeed nice, but a bit overrated among the fans tbh.
            After 12 years of being a lamb I've come to the conclusion that The Roof is my favourite Mariah song ever <3
            http://oi42.tinypic.com/2m3lnpv.jpg

Follow me on LastFM: http://www.lastfm.es/user/S-Yair

www.instagram.com/sebastiansuaid/

Comment

• Originally posted by Goldmoney View Post
              I would definitely have swapped out The Roof for Breakdown, which wasn’t a smasha either.
              lol me too!!! Breakdown was one of my 11s! That does not mean I think The Roof is less stellar.
              Breakdown and The Roof would be in fact my #1 and #2 best videos if we were ranking that.

Comment

• GOAT still trumps all in every respect tho.
                Greatest Of All Time

Comment

GOAT still trumps all in every respect tho.
                  Thing is I dont listen to WBT regularly, but when it comes on...it blows my mind every time!

Comment

• Originally posted by bm08 View Post

Thing is I dont listen to WBT regularly

Greatest Of All Time

Comment

GOAT still trumps all in every respect tho.
                      It's a perfect song: right length, great climax, the songs ends and you need to relisten, great lyrics. The video is great, although I don't like the runaway bride scenes the looks are amazing.

Let's see how this countdown continues, we'll probably see some meltdowns but after the shock we will definetly agree her discography is GOLD and we are blessed to love this woman and her music.

Comment

• It pained me not to give VOL 11 but I ultimately gave 11 to 3 other songs. I’m surprised it’s not higher tbh, it’s such an iconic debut and it’s always such a moment when she does it live. I always felt it’s one of the songs that is most important to her, maybe that’s why she always sings it 100% live.
                        ...as I close my eyes, steady my feet on the ground.....

Comment

• My bet:
                          #5 - Fantasy
                          #4 - AIW
                          #3 - The Roof
                          #2 - WBT
                          #1 - ABMB
                          #mariahcarey #lambforlife

Comment

• Originally posted by Leo View Post

It's a perfect song: right length, great climax, the songs ends and you need to relisten, great lyrics. The video is great, although I don't like the runaway bride scenes the looks are amazing.

Let's see how this countdown continues, we'll probably see some meltdowns but after the shock we will definetly agree her discography is GOLD and we are blessed to love this woman and her music.
                            The video would have been an 11/10 if the director let her burn the dress like originally devised.
                            Greatest Of All Time

Comment

• Then we got that half-assed attempt in I Don’t.
                              Greatest Of All Time

Comment

• Btw, you’re really scaring me Leo. I wouldn’t like it but I could understand certain songs being above GOAT. The key words being certain songs.
                                Greatest Of All Time

Comment

• Originally posted by Thriller View Post
                                  It's immense, such a simple song in its melody, almost a hymn. Immaculate vocal!
                                  Perfect summary.
                                  Your Billboard Top Ten: #1 Good 4 U [11 weeks] + Drake invasion

Your heart is coloured with the love wrapped in the brilliant blue sky above, the breadth of the jewelled oceans, and the pure heat of the golden sun. And your heart is home to the cosmic creation that is you.

Comment

Btw, you’re really scaring me Leo. I wouldn’t like it but I could understand certain songs being above GOAT. The key words being certain songs.
                                    A bit surprised where it ended up.

Comment

• Y’all just love torturing me.
                                      Greatest Of All Time

Comment

• ^ lol

This is proving interesting indeed.

What's interesting is that there are non-lambs, or non-hardcore lambs voting as well.
                                        It's not just the opinions of Mariah's biggest fans.

I know this is near impossible but it would be great to see how the top songs ranked with fans vs casual listeners.
                                        If you can determine that - but I guess we know each other fairly well to figure that out.

But it would be a lot of work!
                                        MESMARIAHSING!

Comment

Y’all just love torturing me.
                                          ALL LOVE for you, we are just preparing th land for your proper meltdown/celebration

Comment

• Originally posted by InfoFromAus View Post
                                            ^ lol

This is proving interesting indeed.

What's interesting is that there are non-lambs, or non-hardcore lambs voting as well.
                                            It's not just the opinions of Mariah's biggest fans.

I know this is near impossible but it would be great to see how the top songs ranked with fans vs casual listeners.
                                            If you can determine that - but I guess we know each other fairly well to figure that out.

But it would be a lot of work!
                                            some rates are clear proof of who is a lamb and who is a casual lamb (or even hater) lol

Comment

• Easy-peasy. It's either ABMB or WBT. The question is, which of the songs left would you rather see number one? Because your favorite song is out already.

Comment

• Originally posted by nemospence View Post
                                                Easy-peasy. It's either ABMB or WBT. The question is, which of the songs left would you rather see number one? Because your favorite song is out already.
                                                Speak for yourself.
                                                Greatest Of All Time

Comment

Speak for yourself.
                                                  My favorite song!

Comment

• They're all amazing to be honest.

Any of them would be worthy winners to be honest.

I don't expect one of my 11s to be in the top 3 and that's very fair in the ranking because I don't necessarily see it as Mariah's most impactful and awe inspiring song, but to me it's SUBLIME.
                                                    Last edited by InfoFromAus; Thu July 8, 2021, 04:49.
                                                    MESMARIAHSING!

Comment

Working...
                                                    X