No announcement yet.

The Mariah Carey Discography Rate - Album Averages

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• VOL is a good song but I would not include it in my personal top 15/20.
    Haven't been early since '88

Comment

All I Want For Christmas Is You
      Rated: 9.52

Ultimate 11s: monarcbutterfly, Thriller
      High Scores (10): Goldmoney, bm08, skylynx, Leo, InfoFromAus, JSparksFan, freeme, TomerMC, DNK, Marchum, sYair, mattsky, Wayne
      Low Scores (6): Rawiri James

UKMIX Fan Comments:

Originally posted by crazycool View Post
      You know it's Christmas when you hear this on the radio. I would probably say the best Christmas song of all time? :-?
      Originally posted by Maripol View Post
      Like this. And Last Xmas, reminds me of being 8 and at a school disco.
      Originally posted by Fan View Post
      It's definitely a classic I love it.
      See The Mariah Carey Discography Rate
      See The Report Card - Weekly Top Songs

Comment

• We enter the top 5 with a big classic!

The songs that are left randomised:

Always Be My Baby
        We Belong Together
        The Roof (Back In Time)
        Fantasy

Comment

• Glad it made the top 5, it’s THE Christmas song. Immortal.

Comment

• Rawiri James strikes again! I thot Xmas GOAT had it in the bag!
            Greatest Of All Time

Comment

• Originally posted by Rawiri James View Post
              I'm really a fan of her R&B and hip-hop stuff (and not a fan of a lot the pop and Xmas stuff) which tends to mean the biggest hits are not my favourite.
              I completely missed this. If I saw it, I would have changed my Xmas GOAT prediction to 3 or 4.
              Greatest Of All Time

Comment

• For better or worse, I think AIWFCIY is the song she'll best be remembered for when all is said and done, and I'm not mad about it either. It's the greatest holiday song.
                Your Billboard Top Ten: #1 Good 4 U [13 weeks]

Remember that you are water. Cry. Cleanse. Flow.
                Remember that you are fire. Burn. Tame. Ignite.
                Remember that you are air. Be still. Focus. Decide.
                Remember that you are earth. Ground. Build. Give.

Comment

• Personally I am really sick of AIWFCIY, I have hardly listened to it over the last two seasons. I choose Oh Santa instead last year. But yeah, it is the defining song of her career.
                  Zero tolerance for : bigotry, racism, wilful ignorance.
                  Pronouns: He / Him

Comment

• I don't care about that song, i don't think i voted for it.
                    Cha Cha Instructor

Comment

• A classic. One of the most important songs of her career.

Comment

• It truly is a classic.

Comment

• I think predicting the order of the next 4 is quite difficult.

Comment

• My bet

4 - Fantasy
                            3 - We Belong Together
                            2 - Always Be My Baby
                            1 - The Roof
                            Mariah Carey the best singer of all time
                            My Queen! My Goddess! My Idol!
                            Forever and always!

Comment

• I wonder what the reception to this song among fans in a similar contest would have been 10 years ago or 15 years ago.

It's always been the hit that got away, but I guess given that it hadn't properly charted before, perhaps many fans didn't see it as part of Mariah's pop/R&B canon, but rather as a special side project.

Given how the song has become so synonymous with Mariah and her music, an integral part of her music story, I think it's been embraced a lot more now.

Also helped with the rise of Christmas music as pop music these days.

The song is incredible.
                              MESMARIAHSING!

Comment

• Originally posted by InfoFromAus View Post
                                I wonder what the reception to this song among fans in a similar contest would have been 10 years ago or 15 years ago.

It's always been the hit that got away, but I guess given that it hadn't properly charted before, perhaps many fans didn't see it as part of Mariah's pop/R&B canon, but rather as a special side project.

Given how the song has become so synonymous with Mariah and her music, an integral part of her music story, I think it's been embraced a lot more now.

Also helped with the rise of Christmas music as pop music these days.

The song is incredible.
                                I agree with you!

From RayRay's fan chart htat he used to compile years ago:
                                2011 (2010) (2009)
                                12. (13) (53) All I Want For Christmas Is You: 287 points (282 album; 5 extra festive)

So 2009 it was not even Top50! and just 10 years ago it was still out of the top10. Now it's a logical contender for the top and ended up in a solid #5!
                                CHECK UKMIX RETRO Chart Facts
                                FIRST CYCLE or SECOND CYCLE

Comment

• ^ yes - that's what I was remembering when I made my post.
                                  I know when I participated in other rankings I struggled to list AIW.

Having said that, many members rated it as a 10 but they'd have many other 10s as well (I think I had about 20 or 30 lol) - so if it comes down to an actual ranking, would we still rate AIW in our top 10s?
                                  MESMARIAHSING!

Comment

• Originally posted by InfoFromAus View Post
                                    ^ yes - that's what I was remembering when I made my post.
                                    I know when I participated in other rankings I struggled to list AIW.

Having said that, many members rated it as a 10 but they'd have many other 10s as well (I think I had about 20 or 30 lol) - so if it comes down to an actual ranking, would we still rate AIW in our top 10s?
                                    I'd say if I make the ranking in november I would, as I have my christmas spirit on. If I do it in january probably not! So it's pretty good that this rank happened aorund march!
                                    CHECK UKMIX RETRO Chart Facts
                                    FIRST CYCLE or SECOND CYCLE

Comment

Fantasy
                                      Rated: 9.59

Ultimate 11s: skylynx, InfoFromAus
                                      High Scores (10): RayRay, Goldmoney, bm08, Leo, freeme, TomerMC, spiritboy, monarcbutterfly, DNK, RedSimba, Marchum, Thriller, mattsky, Wayne
                                      Low Scores (6): matthew_dixon

UKMIX Fan Comments:

Originally posted by Pawlu84 View Post
                                      One of her best I still remember when it was released I wasn't a fan at that time but I always liked it. The remix is ok but the original is much, much better.
                                      Originally posted by DOSSOME View Post
                                      This song was total FIREEEEEE when it dropped

Comment

• Not many more to go!

The songs that are left randomised:

Always Be My Baby
                                        We Belong Together
                                        The Roof (Back In Time)

Comment

• I have always loved Fantasy - when I was a kid my brother used to play it all of the time. It's probably her best pure pop song.

I'm so happy The Roof made it to the top 3! <3

Comment

• "Fantasy" is slightly overrated, but still a classic bop!
                                            Your Billboard Top Ten: #1 Good 4 U [13 weeks]

Remember that you are water. Cry. Cleanse. Flow.
                                            Remember that you are fire. Burn. Tame. Ignite.
                                            Remember that you are air. Be still. Focus. Decide.
                                            Remember that you are earth. Ground. Build. Give.

Comment

• Fantasy is a fun track, but monotonous. She has better, more enjoyable tracks in her catalogue, obviously.

Comment

• So it’s come down to the roof, the baby and the GOAT.
                                                Greatest Of All Time

Comment

• I thought I'd voted the Christmas one 10 points but I can't have done. Once again it's me that strikes against "Fantasy", it's okay, but nothing special.

Comment

• My second 11!

Fantasy has always been one of those songs that I really really liked. Ever since it came out.
                                                    But over the years it has really shown itself to me to be a perfect pop song - in that it just makes me want to listen to it again and again - driven by its infectious melody and beat and driving rhythm.

Now when I reflect on this song I realise how much I love it. It instantly goes near the top of my all time songs with no hesitation.

Not surprised it ended up outside the top 3, but am pleasantly surprised it was so well received.

One more 11 to go.
                                                    MESMARIAHSING!

Comment

Working...
                                                    X