No announcement yet.

The Mariah Carey Discography Rate - Album Averages

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fantasy was the first time my head was properly turned by Mariah - I’d been aware of her until that point but when Fantasy came out and the rollercoaster video was on TOTP I loved it immediately. One of the holy trinity of 90s sample jams with Honey and Heartbreaker.

Comment

Always Be My Baby
      Rated: 9.68

Ultimate 11s: spiritboy, matthew_dixon
      High Scores (10): RayRay, whoawhoa, bm08, skylynx, JSparksFan, freeme, TomerMC, DNK, RedSimba, Rawiri James, Marchum, mattsky, Wayne
      Low Scores (7): sjm

UKMIX Fan Comments:

Originally posted by Gravity View Post
      One of her very best compositions!
      Originally posted by TheRealest View Post
      Never got the hype about this until recent years. It really is one of her best singles and such a classic.
      Originally posted by chilled View Post
      Best break up turned in to a feel good song ever!!!
      See The Mariah Carey Discography Rate
      See The Report Card - Weekly Top Songs

Comment

• Tomorrow, the winner!!

The songs that are left randomised:

We Belong Together
        The Roof (Back In Time)

Comment

• Oh no, i thought ABMB would be #1. For me, it will always be Kween's GOAT (Sorry Goldmoney sis).
          Cha Cha Instructor

Comment

• I discovered Mariah by chance at a record store in the Emotions Era. Bought the album thinking I would like her based on the cover and the names of the songs... I was not mistaken, although I would not spin the album that many times.

Later on I bought Music Box in a trip to US and I had no CD player with me so I had to wait a whole month just reading the booklet and imagining the songs until I could actually listen to it. I fell in love. But eventually I stopped listening.

So when Daydream came out I was not even interested. But then I saw Fantasy on MTV and I was hooked. It was different. I was tempted but for some reason I didn't go to grab my copy. Until I did and since that second, with Fantasy and Baby on top, I would never leave Mariah's land. I was a big fan but not yet a lamb, That happened when butterfly appeared. But Daydream, with Fantasy on top, built the bae for my eternal devotion.

Fantasy is a massive album opener.
            CHECK UKMIX RETRO Chart Facts
            FIRST CYCLE or SECOND CYCLE

Comment

• A great song! One of her best 1990s singles.
              Haven't been early since '88

Comment

• The Roof is so overrated. It better be WBt

Comment

• Greatest Of All Time

Comment

• More people probably voted for GOAT than for The Roof (specifically, most of the non-lambs) so it’s not exactly a level playing field. So in that regard, GOAT already won.
                    Greatest Of All Time

Comment

• OMG
                      The Roof will be a deserving #1. Great song!

*cross my fingers*

Mariah Carey the best singer of all time
                      My Queen! My Goddess! My Idol!
                      Forever and always!

Comment

• No.
                        Greatest Of All Time

Comment

• I love WBT and I did rate it 10. But TheRoof is a masterpiece and perfection, one of my favorite MC tracks of all time!
                          Mariah Carey the best singer of all time
                          My Queen! My Goddess! My Idol!
                          Forever and always!

Comment

• What’s funny is that both songs might be about the same person - local baseball star Derek Jeter.

The Roof - 100% confirmed
                            GOAT - speculated but if the male lead in the video is anything to go by (both biracial, both become Kween’s lover after their respective Mottolas )
                            Greatest Of All Time

Comment

• Ah, "Always Be My Baby" is the summer mid-tempo ballad that ends all others. Such joy, playfulness, romance expressed in its lyrics, melody, and vocal. Another bona fide classic from the best to ever do it.

And, oh my, what a flawless top two we have ahead of us!
                              Your Billboard Top Ten: #1 Good 4 U [13 weeks]

Remember that you are water. Cry. Cleanse. Flow.
                              Remember that you are fire. Burn. Tame. Ignite.
                              Remember that you are air. Be still. Focus. Decide.
                              Remember that you are earth. Ground. Build. Give.

Comment

• The Roof is about 5-10 spots too high tbh. I wouldnt rank it in the top 2 at all.

WBT may be in the top 5, but not top 2 for me either

Comment

• You’re right: GOAT isn’t top 5 or top 2 material at all, it’s top 1.
                                  Greatest Of All Time

Comment

• Originally posted by Goldmoney View Post
                                    More people probably voted for GOAT than for The Roof (specifically, most of the non-lambs) so it’s not exactly a level playing field. So in that regard, GOAT already won.
                                    I guess they didn't look at how many people rated a song. So it's still gonna be a surprise as I think that the people who did rate The Roof, probably rated it very high.

But I love both songs, so I'm okay with whichever one is the winner.
                                    My Instagram... - Click here

Comment

• I am so surprised that ABMB is not in the top 2.

I say that having rated it lower than the other songs in the top 5 (a 9) but I for sure thought it would be top 2 and challenge for #1 given the collective love and appreciation for it.

The meltdowns if The Roof is #1 but to me it's sublime.
                                      MESMARIAHSING!

Comment

• I think Leo already spoiled it tbh. So unless he’s just toying around then expect GOAT to settle with its disgusting k chart position (watch the result be even narrower than that ).
                                        Greatest Of All Time

Comment

• This is my own personal UEFA tbh.
                                          Greatest Of All Time

Comment

• Originally posted by Goldmoney View Post
                                            This is my own personal UEFA tbh.
                                            Ending in another disappointment??

Comment

• ITALIAA!
                                              Greatest Of All Time

Comment

• Just going to say that in the current round of the Mariah Carey Artist Survivor, The Roof leads the pack with 20 net points while WBT stands secodn with 17 net points... so nervous!!!
                                                CHECK UKMIX RETRO Chart Facts
                                                FIRST CYCLE or SECOND CYCLE

Comment

• Greatest Of All Time

Comment

• El Techo deserves to be #1.
                                                    http://oi42.tinypic.com/2m3lnpv.jpg

Follow me on LastFM: http://www.lastfm.es/user/S-Yair

www.instagram.com/sebastiansuaid/

Comment

Working...
                                                    X