Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RayRay
    replied
    I've done a Mariah annual countdown for several years. And it's great to see that it's still the same songs that get a lot of votes:
    We Belong Together, The Roof, Vision of Love, Fantasy, Always Be My Baby...

Leave a comment:

• cheapthrills
    replied
    Ugh trying to see the top ten in here and G$'s signature is messing with me.

I feel bad about not participating, but I didn't really feel I had standing to vote on songs since I don't know her discography as well as the lambs. But I have to say this top ten is practically flawless - you all managed to get my favorite Mimi tracks in there.

Leave a comment:

• bm08
    replied
    Leo was instrumental and a large part of the Rate! Really wouldn't have come together without him.

We'll add more analysis that may be interesting soon.

Leave a comment:

• JSparksFan
    replied
    No complaints from me with the top two. They're my two most-played MC songs and my two favourite MC songs.

The Roof - for several years, I didn't understand the fanbase's obsession with this until it just clicked one day. The composition is pure excellence. Its allure is subtle but gripping nonetheless.

We Belong Together - this would've been a sentimental favourite if only for what it did for her career - bringing her from the brink of irrelevancy back as a top-selling artist a decade and a half into her career, but the song is fantastic. So many Mariah-isms, packaged perfectly for mass consumption.

Enormous thanks to bm08 and Leo on this top-tier presentation and countdown!

Leave a comment:

• Leo
    replied
    When the idea of this Countdown surfaced, it was imo an obvious win for WBT, so obvious that I felt there was no point in considering doing it, or even with the idea to suggest letting it out of the game...

OF COURSE it's #1 cause it's perfect, but as a lamb appreciating her whole discography, I was secretly rooting for it to be #2 just to understand just how big her catalogue is.

So now you can go and keep voting HERE in the Mariah Survivor! We know WBT is the best so try to make other one win there lol. Or not, just make WBT win forever and ever.

Leave a comment:

• Goldmoney
    replied
    Prolly the best GOAT-related post I ever made, which I’m surprised wasn’t included in the comments section (or any of them tbh I guess that would have been too predictable ).

Originally posted by Goldmoney View Post
    Saying GOAT is well structured is like saying Nick Cannon is a tad annoying. The GOAT climax is not only the best moment in R&B history, but in all of pop music history and #2 is at least 10 solar systems away. And the best part of it is that NO ONE SAW IT COMING, not even her own lambs. Kween was public enemy #2 after Osama Bin Laden during the aftermath of Glitter, the dream was over, the voice was extinguished for good. There was no coming back from that. Not only did she comeback but she came back with mother f’n GOAT: The song of the decade, the best vocal run of her career, the song that broke the all-time record for most weeks at #1 on the black airplay chart. There’s a reason why I didn’t bat an eye when ITL’s 15th anniversary came around, and why GOAT’s upcoming 15th (March 29th ) is one of the most anticipated days of my entire life.

Leave a comment:

• DNK
    replied
    YASSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS
    Congratulations

Big thanks for hosting this bm08 and Leo
    GREAT job

Leave a comment:

• InfoFromAus
    replied
    Originally posted by bm08 View Post
    We have a winner!
    ... and by a fairly big margin too.

Well, relatively big.

Very cool to see the 11s and 10s the final two songs achieved.

In a way, I'm not surprised that WBT is #1.
    I would have just expected The Roof and ABMB to have swapped places.

Also, what an incredible top 10, top 20 etc.

Leave a comment:

• mattsky
    replied
    I love the winning song but it's not my personal favorite - that's #2.

Thank you for hosting bm08!

Leave a comment:

• Goldmoney
    replied
    We did it Joe

Leave a comment:

• Goldmoney
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Goldmoney
    replied
    YASSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

Leave a comment:

• bm08
    replied
    We have a winner!

Leave a comment:

• bm08
    replied
    Spoiler!

Leave a comment:

• bm08
    replied
    Spoiler!

Leave a comment:

• RedSimba
    replied
    I’m pleasantly surprised The Roof made the top 2. I hope it wins!

Leave a comment:

• nemospence
    replied
    ABMB is one of her songs I play a lot on shuffle. It's a unique song in her discography because it makes me fall in love. I would have given this 11 points. But I missed the voting period dahhling. Having said this, I guess WBT is the rightful winner now.

Leave a comment:

• sYair
    replied
    El Techo deserves to be #1.

Leave a comment:

• Goldmoney
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Leo
    replied
    Just going to say that in the current round of the Mariah Carey Artist Survivor, The Roof leads the pack with 20 net points while WBT stands secodn with 17 net points... so nervous!!!

Leave a comment:

• Goldmoney
    replied
    ITALIAA!

Leave a comment:

• bm08
    replied
    This is my own personal UEFA tbh.
    Ending in another disappointment??

Leave a comment:

• Goldmoney
    replied
    This is my own personal UEFA tbh.

Leave a comment:

• Goldmoney
    replied
    I think Leo already spoiled it tbh. So unless he’s just toying around then expect GOAT to settle with its disgusting k chart position (watch the result be even narrower than that ).

Leave a comment:

• InfoFromAus
    replied
    I am so surprised that ABMB is not in the top 2.

I say that having rated it lower than the other songs in the top 5 (a 9) but I for sure thought it would be top 2 and challenge for #1 given the collective love and appreciation for it.

The meltdowns if The Roof is #1 but to me it's sublime.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X