X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RayRay
    replied
    Originally posted by Goldmoney View Post
    More people probably voted for GOAT than for The Roof (specifically, most of the non-lambs) so it’s not exactly a level playing field. So in that regard, GOAT already won.
    I guess they didn't look at how many people rated a song. So it's still gonna be a surprise as I think that the people who did rate The Roof, probably rated it very high.

But I love both songs, so I'm okay with whichever one is the winner.

Leave a comment:

• Goldmoney
    replied
    You’re right: GOAT isn’t top 5 or top 2 material at all, it’s top 1.

Leave a comment:

• bm08
    replied
    The Roof is about 5-10 spots too high tbh. I wouldnt rank it in the top 2 at all.

WBT may be in the top 5, but not top 2 for me either

Leave a comment:

• JSparksFan
    replied
    Ah, "Always Be My Baby" is the summer mid-tempo ballad that ends all others. Such joy, playfulness, romance expressed in its lyrics, melody, and vocal. Another bona fide classic from the best to ever do it.

And, oh my, what a flawless top two we have ahead of us!

Leave a comment:

• Goldmoney
    replied
    What’s funny is that both songs might be about the same person - local baseball star Derek Jeter.

The Roof - 100% confirmed
    GOAT - speculated but if the male lead in the video is anything to go by (both biracial, both become Kween’s lover after their respective Mottolas )

Leave a comment:

• DNK
    replied
    I love WBT and I did rate it 10. But TheRoof is a masterpiece and perfection, one of my favorite MC tracks of all time!

Leave a comment:

• Goldmoney
    replied
    No.

Leave a comment:

• DNK
    replied
    OMG
    The Roof will be a deserving #1. Great song!

*cross my fingers*

Leave a comment:

• Goldmoney
    replied
    More people probably voted for GOAT than for The Roof (specifically, most of the non-lambs) so it’s not exactly a level playing field. So in that regard, GOAT already won.

Leave a comment:

• Goldmoney
    replied

Leave a comment:

• skylynx
    replied
    The Roof is so overrated. It better be WBt

Leave a comment:

• mattsky
    replied
    A great song! One of her best 1990s singles.

Leave a comment:

• Leo
    replied
    I discovered Mariah by chance at a record store in the Emotions Era. Bought the album thinking I would like her based on the cover and the names of the songs... I was not mistaken, although I would not spin the album that many times.

Later on I bought Music Box in a trip to US and I had no CD player with me so I had to wait a whole month just reading the booklet and imagining the songs until I could actually listen to it. I fell in love. But eventually I stopped listening.

So when Daydream came out I was not even interested. But then I saw Fantasy on MTV and I was hooked. It was different. I was tempted but for some reason I didn't go to grab my copy. Until I did and since that second, with Fantasy and Baby on top, I would never leave Mariah's land. I was a big fan but not yet a lamb, That happened when butterfly appeared. But Daydream, with Fantasy on top, built the bae for my eternal devotion.

Fantasy is a massive album opener.

Leave a comment:

• spiritboy
    replied
    Oh no, i thought ABMB would be #1. For me, it will always be Kween's GOAT (Sorry Goldmoney sis).

Leave a comment:

• bm08
    replied
    Tomorrow, the winner!!

The songs that are left randomised:

We Belong Together
    The Roof (Back In Time)

Leave a comment:

• bm08
    replied

Always Be My Baby
    Rated: 9.68

Ultimate 11s: spiritboy, matthew_dixon
    High Scores (10): RayRay, whoawhoa, bm08, skylynx, JSparksFan, freeme, TomerMC, DNK, RedSimba, Rawiri James, Marchum, mattsky, Wayne
    Low Scores (7): sjm

UKMIX Fan Comments:

Originally posted by Gravity View Post
    One of her very best compositions!
    Originally posted by TheRealest View Post
    Never got the hype about this until recent years. It really is one of her best singles and such a classic.
    Originally posted by chilled View Post
    Best break up turned in to a feel good song ever!!!

Leave a comment:

• Thriller
    replied
    Fantasy was the first time my head was properly turned by Mariah - I’d been aware of her until that point but when Fantasy came out and the rollercoaster video was on TOTP I loved it immediately. One of the holy trinity of 90s sample jams with Honey and Heartbreaker.

Leave a comment:

• InfoFromAus
    replied
    My second 11!

Fantasy has always been one of those songs that I really really liked. Ever since it came out.
    But over the years it has really shown itself to me to be a perfect pop song - in that it just makes me want to listen to it again and again - driven by its infectious melody and beat and driving rhythm.

Now when I reflect on this song I realise how much I love it. It instantly goes near the top of my all time songs with no hesitation.

Not surprised it ended up outside the top 3, but am pleasantly surprised it was so well received.

One more 11 to go.

Leave a comment:

• matthew_dixon
    replied
    I thought I'd voted the Christmas one 10 points but I can't have done. Once again it's me that strikes against "Fantasy", it's okay, but nothing special.

Leave a comment:

• Goldmoney
    replied
    So it’s come down to the roof, the baby and the GOAT.

Leave a comment:

• nemospence
    replied
    Fantasy is a fun track, but monotonous. She has better, more enjoyable tracks in her catalogue, obviously.

Leave a comment:

• JSparksFan
    replied
    "Fantasy" is slightly overrated, but still a classic bop!

Leave a comment:

• mattsky
    replied
    I have always loved Fantasy - when I was a kid my brother used to play it all of the time. It's probably her best pure pop song.

I'm so happy The Roof made it to the top 3! <3

Leave a comment:

• bm08
    replied
    Not many more to go!

The songs that are left randomised:

Always Be My Baby
    We Belong Together
    The Roof (Back In Time)

Leave a comment:

• bm08
    replied

Fantasy
    Rated: 9.59

Ultimate 11s: skylynx, InfoFromAus
    High Scores (10): RayRay, Goldmoney, bm08, Leo, freeme, TomerMC, spiritboy, monarcbutterfly, DNK, RedSimba, Marchum, Thriller, mattsky, Wayne
    Low Scores (6): matthew_dixon

UKMIX Fan Comments:

Originally posted by Pawlu84 View Post
    One of her best I still remember when it was released I wasn't a fan at that time but I always liked it. The remix is ok but the original is much, much better.
    Originally posted by DOSSOME View Post
    This song was total FIREEEEEE when it dropped

Leave a comment:

Working...
X