X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• bm08
    replied
    Originally posted by Goldmoney View Post
    Btw, you’re really scaring me Leo. I wouldn’t like it but I could understand certain songs being above GOAT. The key words being certain songs.
    A bit surprised where it ended up.

Leave a comment:

• JSparksFan
    replied
    Originally posted by Thriller View Post
    It's immense, such a simple song in its melody, almost a hymn. Immaculate vocal!
    Perfect summary.

Leave a comment:

• Goldmoney
    replied
    Btw, you’re really scaring me Leo. I wouldn’t like it but I could understand certain songs being above GOAT. The key words being certain songs.

Leave a comment:

• Goldmoney
    replied
    Then we got that half-assed attempt in I Don’t.

Leave a comment:

• Goldmoney
    replied
    Originally posted by Leo View Post

It's a perfect song: right length, great climax, the songs ends and you need to relisten, great lyrics. The video is great, although I don't like the runaway bride scenes the looks are amazing.

Let's see how this countdown continues, we'll probably see some meltdowns but after the shock we will definetly agree her discography is GOLD and we are blessed to love this woman and her music.
    The video would have been an 11/10 if the director let her burn the dress like originally devised.

Leave a comment:

• Tomer_MC
    replied
    My bet:
    #5 - Fantasy
    #4 - AIW
    #3 - The Roof
    #2 - WBT
    #1 - ABMB

Leave a comment:

• monarcbutterfly
    replied
    It pained me not to give VOL 11 but I ultimately gave 11 to 3 other songs. I’m surprised it’s not higher tbh, it’s such an iconic debut and it’s always such a moment when she does it live. I always felt it’s one of the songs that is most important to her, maybe that’s why she always sings it 100% live.

Leave a comment:

• Leo
    replied
    GOAT still trumps all in every respect tho.
    It's a perfect song: right length, great climax, the songs ends and you need to relisten, great lyrics. The video is great, although I don't like the runaway bride scenes the looks are amazing.

Let's see how this countdown continues, we'll probably see some meltdowns but after the shock we will definetly agree her discography is GOLD and we are blessed to love this woman and her music.

Leave a comment:

• Goldmoney
    replied
    Originally posted by bm08 View Post

Thing is I dont listen to WBT regularly

Leave a comment:

• bm08
    replied
    Thing is I dont listen to WBT regularly, but when it comes on...it blows my mind every time!

Leave a comment:

• Goldmoney
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Leo
    replied
    I would definitely have swapped out The Roof for Breakdown, which wasn’t a smasha either.
    lol me too!!! Breakdown was one of my 11s! That does not mean I think The Roof is less stellar.
    Breakdown and The Roof would be in fact my #1 and #2 best videos if we were ranking that.

Leave a comment:

• sYair
    replied
    The Roof is indeed nice, but a bit overrated among the fans tbh.
    After 12 years of being a lamb I've come to the conclusion that The Roof is my favourite Mariah song ever <3

Leave a comment:

• nemospence
    replied
    Vision of Love is the perfect song to introduce Mariah to the world. The main attraction here was her unique voice, not the instrumentation. She let us know what she could do as a singer-sing on key, sing with power, vibrato, melisma, etc. And that whistle register! She sang with an attitude. And she writes too! Whitney dahhling, where are you?

Leave a comment:

• Goldmoney
    replied
    I would definitely have swapped out The Roof for Breakdown, which wasn’t a smasha either.

Leave a comment:

• Leo
    replied
    Nothing on Butterfly comes close to the "overrated" category imo!!!

The Roof is outstanding, which does not mean other songs are less outstanding, but The Roof will be a deserving #1 (if that's the case of course). The atmosphere, the flow, the lyrics, the video... it is full.

I think that the entire top10 are 10/10 material anyway. I wouldnt be surprise to find ABMB, The Roof, WBT, AIFCIY, Fantasy or VOL at the top. Each are quite different. Each one define an era. Probably The Roof is the least fav because it was not a #1, but that's what highlight it from tis list: it' actually lambs appretiating not the mega blockbuster thing.

Leave a comment:

• bm08
    replied
    The Roof is indeed nice, but a bit overrated among the fans tbh.

Leave a comment:

• Goldmoney
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Leo
    replied
    The Roof is supposed to be better than VOL?
    you are going to be sooooooo mad....

Leave a comment:

• spiritboy
    replied
    Vision Of Love is an iconic debut single.

Leave a comment:

• Goldmoney
    replied
    5 The Roof
    4 Fantasy
    3 ABMB
    2 GOAT
    1 Xmas GOAT (the only shot GOAT has is if someone hates Xmas in general )

Leave a comment:

• bm08
    replied
    Yeah, I am quite surprised to see the top 10, let alone the top 5! Some of these I wouldnt think would make this far!

Leave a comment:

• InfoFromAus
    replied
    New prediction:

#5 - AIWFCIY
    #4 - The Roof
    #3 - Fantasy
    #1 or #2 - WBT
    #1 or #2 - ABMB

Watch that be all wrong.

Some votes have been surprising thus far so I don't know how the top 2 will play out.

Among the top 5 songs I have two of my 11s, two of my 10s, and one 9.

Leave a comment:

• InfoFromAus
    replied
    Just 5 songs left!!! Place your bets!

I'm not ready for this!

Also, I've already made some predictions, and I was way off!

Originally posted by InfoFromAus View Post
    I dare not make predictions, but I have a feeling that ABMB will rank higher than WBT.
    Vision of Love will be in the top 5.
    My All will be top 3.
    I genuinely figured that My All is such a fan favourite that it was going to be one of the top 3.

I am also very surprised that AIWFCIY is top 5 given that we hear from so many people how over the song they are.

Leave a comment:

• Thriller
    replied
    Vision Of Love should've been top 5

It's immense, such a simple song in its melody, almost a hymn. Immaculate vocal!

Leave a comment:

Working...
X