X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Signed, sealed, delivered
    Greatest Of All Time

Comment

• Wayne we need you to put a flyer on top of the site to get all the lambs voting.
      My Instagram... - Click here

Comment

• Kicks off on 3/27, Mariah's Anniversary!

See The Mariah Carey Discography Rate
        See The Report Card - Weekly Top Songs

Comment

• Will there be a seperate thread for the discussion or will you guys continue the countdown on this thread?

Comment

• Originally posted by spiritboy View Post
            Will there be a seperate thread for the discussion or will you guys continue the countdown on this thread?
            We will continue in this thread but to keep organised, we'll have all the songs #s on the front page.

Comment

• Originally posted by RayRay View Post
              Wayne we need you to put a flyer on top of the site to get all the lambs voting.
              If someone does one, happy to post it at the top of the forum for a couple of days.

Comment

• Originally posted by Wayne View Post

If someone does one, happy to post it at the top of the forum for a couple of days.
                Anyone? Leo ?

bm08 ?

Comment

• I'm on a little trip but will try to!
                  I am busy now finalizing to register all votes already sent! Must say we have a good bunch! A lot of people voted but did not post here they have!
                  CHECK UKMIX RETRO Chart Facts
                  FIRST CYCLE or SECOND CYCLE

Comment

• Wayne hope this works! DEadline is tomorrow EOD so I can prepare first posts for saturday lol unless bm08 changes plans!

Comment

• Originally posted by Leo View Post
                      Wayne hope this works! DEadline is tomorrow EOD so I can prepare first posts for saturday lol unless bm08 changes plans!
                      I think we've missed the boat with this one now tbh as I'm only now seeing it! Sorry

Comment

• Welcome to the Mariah Carey Discography Rate!

We’ll begin with the lower end of the chart in the first batch with songs ranked between #332 - #301! This will be the bulkiest batch. These songs averaged between 3 - 5 points, which isn't too bad in the grand scheme. Other ranks will be far more descriptive that may, in some cases, cause controversy and debate. But, for now...

All I Want For Christmas Is You (SuperFestive!) with Justin Bieber
                        Avg: 3.17

Warning (Uncle Murda, 50 Cent, Young Jeezy)
                        Avg: 3.25

Mizza (Damizza)
                        Avg: 3.57

Got A Thing 4 You (ft. Da Brat & Elephant Man)
                        Avg: 4.12

Things That U Do (Jay Z)
                        Avg: 4.25

What Would You Do (Damizza, Nate Dogg & Butch Cassidy)
                        Avg: 4.27

Your Girl (Diplomat Remix) ft. Cam’Ron, Juelz Santana & Diplomat
                        Avg: 4.38

Boy (I Need You) Topnotch TOX Mix (ft. Cam’Ron, DJ Olabean, Theeyasan & P.L)

Did I Do That? (ft. Mystikal & Master P)

Boy (I Need You) Remix by The Duke & MVP from Disco Montego
                        Avg: 4.44

Boy (I Need You) Street Remix ft Cam’Ron, Juelz Santana, Jimmy Jones & Freeway
                        Avg: 4.65

Infamous (with Jussie Smoellett)
                        Avg: 4.74

Friendz (N.O.R.E.)
                        Avg: 4.75

Boy (I Need You) Cophenhaniacs Remix ft. Cam’Ron
                        Avg: 4.75

Weakness of the Body (Demo)
                        Avg: 4.88

Can’t Say No (with Rick Ross)
                        Avg: 4.94

When Do The Bells Ring for Me (with Tony Bennett)
                        Avg: 4.94

Dreamlover Theo’s Club Joint Remix
                        Avg: 5.00

Dreamlover Ban Jam Soul Remix
                        Avg: 5.13

Pisces (Mimi Mix) (with Trey Lorenz)

Make You Happy (With Trey Lorenz)

To The Floor (ft. Nelly)
                        Avg: 5.20

Bye Bye (So So Dex Remix) ft. Jay Z
                        Avg: 5.22

I Still Believe (The Eve of Souls Mix UK Edit)
                        Avg: 5.24

The Impossible (The Reprise)
                        Avg: 5.25

Through The Rain (Remix) ft. Joe & Kelly Price
                        Avg: 5.28

Shake It Off Remix ft. Jay-Z & Jeezy
                        Avg: 5.33

Sweetheart Lil Jon Remix (with Jermaine Dupri)
                        Avg: 5.35

Lil Snowman
                        Avg: 5.39

U Make Me Wanna (with Jadakiss)
                        Avg: 5.47

It’s Like That Scott Storch Remix ft. Fat Joe & Scott Storch
                        Avg: 5.50

Against All Odds (with Westlife)
                        Avg: 5.52

Comment

• The first batch is live for 331 - 301 above! Any shockers?

Comment

• Lil Snowman and When Do The Bells Ring For Me should be higher. The rest I understand. Although Warning should be last.

Comment

• I know U Make Me Wanna didn’t hit WW but that and IKWYW readied her for EOM! And it’s a complete bop!
                              Greatest Of All Time

Comment

• Last place is totally deserving tho.
                                Greatest Of All Time

Comment

• Originally posted by Goldmoney View Post
                                  Last place is totally deserving tho.
                                  I am shocked that any version of AIWFCIY is dead LAST. Yall did my girls dirty!!!

Comment

• Out of this batch, i love To The Floor and Against All Odds. Since i only ranked her albums, i forgot to rank some of her non-album tracks. Still, Infamous wouldn't have gotten much points from me

Comment

• 4 versions of Boy (I Need You) out at once!

Comment

• But how?

#316 When Do The Bells Ring for Me (with Tony Bennett) Avg: 4.94

#315 Dreamlover Theo’s Club Joint Remix Avg: 5.00

#314 Dreamlover Ban Jam Soul Remix Avg: 5.13

When Do The Bells... is objectively a quality song/recording.
                                        And the hate for these two Dreamlover remixes... scandalous!

But the biggest lol is the SuperFestive version coming last!

I'm anxious about the rest of the ranking now!
                                        MESMARIAHSING!

Comment

• Pretty broad range of averages early on - that's definitely a surprise. Y'all are clearly not here for that Bieber AIWFCIY remix.
                                          Your Billboard Top Ten: #1 Good 4 U [15 weeks] + Adele's return

Remember that you are water. Cry. Cleanse. Flow.
                                          Remember that you are fire. Burn. Tame. Ignite.
                                          Remember that you are air. Be still. Focus. Decide.
                                          Remember that you are earth. Ground. Build. Give.

Comment

• I must say I was very surprised to see AIWFCIY right at the bottom, in any form... but ti was a clear loser herewith FIVE members giving it 0 points, the most any song got... Personally, I don't like the version at all (but gave it no 0...)

Things That U Do (Jay-Z song): I really like this song!!! I bought the Jay-Z album to get it! The album proved to be dope and I loved it, but the song is fire... This oriental vibes scream a hot video.

Your Girl Diplomat Remix is superior to the original imo. It gives a hotter edge to my ears. But I kinda get the hate as the remix is mainly a rapper above the song. Still. I prefer it to the original song.

Boy (I Need You) Topnotch TOX Mix her my heart broke into pieces... The album version is no good, but this is so superior and hot! And ending up as the lowest Boy remix here is like NO WAY... All the silliness and excessive sweetness that the album track has, this takes away and takes off.

Not surprised at all that Did I Do That? is the lowest ranked album cut of the whole discography. I like it but it's not amazing. Little facts: it got 2 0s, but it was not the only album cut to get a 0... in fact 7 album tracks got at least 1 0... and some of them were even singles...

When Do the Bells Ring for Me (with Tony Bennett) getting so low kind of implies we are not here for a standards kinda album!

Dreamlover remixes get punished cause the actual dreamlover is heaven on earth... but both are hot! The Bam Jam Soul one is like candy.

To the Floor (ft. Nelly) is the second lowest album track here. But in general it did not get a lot of hate, just that the highest rate was a 7, so noone actually really highlight it and that's why it's this low.

Bye Bye So So Def Remix (feat. Jay-Z): something similar to Your Girl Remix imo: a fresh and cooler version of the song but as its a remix and it's kinda in the same vibe as the song then I thinnk people won't give it proper treatment... I LOVE it, more than the original...

But then... Shake It Off Remix feat. Jay-Z & Jeezy... REALLY?? this low??? this remix is a+mazing!!! I LOVE IT SO MUCH!!! This could have been a Mimi+Bey effort, I can hear Beyonce singing Jay-Z rap... I wanted this in the Top100, that's how crazy for this one I am...

Sweetheart Lil'Jon Remix (with Jermaine Dupri): another great remix... I do get now that voters are not here for urbanriah...

Second christmas song out is Lil Snowman! It was something different and playful, it deserves more imo. It even got a 10!

Agree with G$ that U Make Me Wanna (with Jadakiss) deserved MUCH better here. That chorus and sample is addictive. But another anti-urbanriah impact.

It's Like That Scott Storch Remix feat. Fat Joe & Scott Storch, similar opinion as above: a fun remix with no luck here.

Against All Odds (with Westlife) is so complicated for me: I dislike it a lot, I think the production was weak, but then as her 2nd chart topper in UK I feel we are obliged to get it in Hits packages in the future instead of the outsanding and sublime Rainbow version. So we can say this is actually Mariah's lowest ranked single, deservingly.

Comment

• Just a bit of context, I am finding out the rankings just as the posts are revealed so I am just as surprised by some of these early posts as everyone else.

Originally posted by Leo View Post

Against All Odds (with Westlife) is so complicated for me: I dislike it a lot, I think the production was weak, but then as her 2nd chart topper in UK I feel we are obliged to get it in Hits packages in the future instead of the outsanding and sublime Rainbow version. So we can say this is actually Mariah's lowest ranked single, deservingly.
                                              I think AAO being out so early is perhaps one of the big bombs for me. I knew it wasnt as beloved as the other songs, but certainly I thought it would be in the midtier and not out in the first batch. For me, I hardly listen to this, but when I do I love what I hear. I have to be in that mood for the big ballad from MC though. But in brief, I think this is an okay song that deserved higher.

Originally posted by InfoFromAus View Post
                                              But how?

#316 When Do The Bells Ring for Me (with Tony Bennett) Avg: 4.94
                                              I think this is an okay song but I wasnt surprised to see it so low. I find it to be a bit...bland

Comment

• Originally posted by Leo View Post
                                                Not surprised at all that Did I Do That? is the lowest ranked album cut of the whole discography. I like it but it's not amazing. Little facts: it got 2 0s, but it was not the only album cut to get a 0... in fact 7 album tracks got at least 1 0... and some of them were even singles...

To the Floor (ft. Nelly) is the second lowest album track here. But in general it did not get a lot of hate, just that the highest rate was a 7, so noone actually really highlight it and that's why it's this low.
                                                Two of my least favourite Mariah songs ever... album tracks at least. My score for each was the same and was quite low!

Though I can't believe people actually rated songs '0'. That's pretty severe. In hindsight I probably could have too - there are some songs I would never listen to.

MESMARIAHSING!

Comment

• These past few weeks I've been listening to AAO with Westlife more than ever, since Spotify includes it in a lot of playlists. It's not that bad, surprised to see it THAT low.

Gotta Thing 4 U is low key a bop too.
                                                  Last edited by sYair; Sun March 28, 2021, 07:23.
                                                  http://oi42.tinypic.com/2m3lnpv.jpg

Follow me on LastFM: http://www.lastfm.es/user/S-Yair

www.instagram.com/sebastiansuaid/

Comment

• A little surprised to see any version of AIWFCIY come in last position, although I do think that the Justin version is just so...unneeded?
                                                    Surprised at AAO with Westlife although it doesn’t come close the album version.
                                                    I’m going to have to look up my votes as I can’t remember some of them
                                                    ...as I close my eyes, steady my feet on the ground.....

Comment

Working...
                                                    X