The Mariah Carey Discography Rate - Album Averages

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• We've lost:

OTHER ERAs: 16 out of 57 songs, including the single U Make Me Wanna.
    CHARMBRACELET: 5 out of 20 songs, but mainly all Boy remixes.
    THE EMANCIPATION OF MIMI: 4 out of 29 songs, including 1 album track!
    MUSIC BOX: 2 out of 16 songs
    RAINBOW: 2 out of 19 songs, an album track and the #1 UK AAO!
    EINSTEIN: 1 out of 18 songs
    IMPERFECT ANGEL: 1 out of 19 songs, an album track.
    MERRY CHRISTMAS: 1 out of 15 songs
    Last edited by Leo; Sun March 28, 2021, 15:21.
    CHECK UKMIX RETRO Chart Facts
    FIRST CYCLE or SECOND CYCLE

Comment

• I’m not surprised to see the Justin Bieber and Westlife duets in the lowest bunch but I think they’re both alright!

Comment

• I'm glad to see my two zeros - AIWFCIY with Justin Bieber and Did I Do That? - as the lowest ranked song and album track, respectively. There are no major losses here but I don't mind the Westlife duet as it was the first version of AAO I was familiar with from "Greatest Hits".

Now that a lot of the lowlights of her discography are out of the way, I'm excited to see how the (almost) 300 remaining gems are ranked!!
        My Personal Chart

Comment

• I'm surprised to see the Shake It Off Remix out so early. I think it is one of her better 00s remixes tbh.
          See The Mariah Carey Discography Rate
          See The Report Card - Weekly Top Songs

Comment

• How did you guys see that so quickly

Just need a slight editing...brb. I'll restore the post once it's updated.

Comment

• I didn't give AIWFCIY with Bieber a 0, but it did get my lowest rating.

My highest rating in the first batch was "Dreamlover (Club Joint Mix)." I always enjoyed this remix and used to hear it on the radio back in the day.
              http://www.last.fm/user/JJMCSPooh/

Comment

• Originally posted by bm08 View Post
                I'm surprised to see the Shake It Off Remix out so early. I think it is one of her better 00s remixes tbh.
                I'm not here for rap features.

My Instagram... - Click here

Comment

• Originally posted by bm08 View Post
                  How did you guys see that so quickly

Just need a slight editing...brb. I'll restore the post once it's updated.
                  File fixed! tha rank was done by avg but then alphabetically! Now it's more accurate based on highest rate given to each song
                  CHECK UKMIX RETRO Chart Facts
                  FIRST CYCLE or SECOND CYCLE

Comment

• We begin with the main countdown today, with positions #100 - #98 revealed. Songs ranged from three different albums from two different decades. None of the three songs garnered the coveted 11, but all got 10s! Interestingly, all averaged 7.65, meaning the number of 10s across the board separated the three songs. For these entries, we also reveal the highest and lowest judges, which will begin to indicate the Simons, Paulas and Randys of UKMIX.

Music Box
                    Avg:7.65
                    Highest Score: 10 (DNK, Wayne)
                    Lowest Score:: 5 (whoawhoa)

One Mo' Gen
                    Highest Score: 10 (bm08, sjm, DNK, Marchum)
                    Lowest Score:: 3 (Wayne)

The Art of Letting Go
                    Highest Score: 10 (whoawhoa, Leo, JSparksFan, freeme, DNK)
                    Lowest Score:: 5 (spiritboy)

Comment

• 100 - 98 now posted, including the highs and lows!

Comment

• Ooh, I'm liking the presentation. Well done.

Also, good to see who voted the highest and lowest... you know, so I know who to hold grudges against.

MESMARIAHSING!

Comment

• I only really know her singles, I really should check out her album tracks more.

Comment

• Excited for the countdown!

these last 3 songs are so different from each other lol... I LIVE for Music Box & One Mo' Gen
                            #mariahcarey #lambforlife

Comment

• One Mo Gen deserves a lot more tbh! Top 50 at least!!

Comment

• I really like Music Box, I scored it 8 so I’m disappointed to see it in the lower echelons.
                                Great presentation and I’m really enjoying this, thank you guys.
                                May I ask, are we going to see the whole list, so numbers 101-300?
                                Last edited by monarcbutterfly; Tue March 30, 2021, 16:34.
                                ...as I close my eyes, steady my feet on the ground.....

Comment

• The graphics are made by the amazing Leo!

Originally posted by monarcbutterfly View Post
                                  May I ask, are we going to see the whole list, so numbers 101-300?
                                  Yes! Tomorrow we will post more from the lower end.

Comment

• Music Box is a nice ballad, i don't know why i gave it a 6, it deserves a solid 7.

One Mo'Gen got 7 from me. A solid track but not one of my fave songs on Caution.

The Art of Letting Go is an okay track for me, it was another artist i would've given higher marks but Mariah has so many gems it would be unfair to them.

Great presentation by the way.
                                    Cha Cha Instructor

Comment

• "The Art of Letting Go" has clunky pacing, but that last minute or so lifts it into the stratosphere for me.
                                      UKMIX Favourite Artists of the Last 20 Years: [#1 - A queen is crowned!]
                                      "Your Billboard Top Ten" Game: All-Time Top Scorers Countdown: [#3 revealed!]

Your heart is coloured with the love wrapped in the brilliant blue sky above, the breadth of the jewelled oceans, and the pure heat of the golden sun. And your heart is home to the cosmic creation that is you.

Comment

• One mo Gen deserves more but I suppose less people have heard it!

Comment

• One More Gen is awesome! The Art of Letting Go is ok.

Last edited by mattsky; Tue March 30, 2021, 20:47.
                                          Haven't been early since '88

Comment

• Originally posted by WaitYourTurn View Post
                                            One mo Gen deserves more but I suppose less people have heard it!
                                            I guess the ones who haven't heard it, haven't given it a grade? So it wouldn't matter how many people know a song.
                                            My Instagram... - Click here

Comment

• The Art of Letting Go - a snoozer tbh. This is easily the best thing about it:

One Mo’ Gen and Karen Box - cute but forgettable.
                                              Property of cheapthrill

Comment

• Amazing graphics btw.
                                                Property of cheapthrill

Comment

• Originally posted by RayRay View Post

I guess the ones who haven't heard it, haven't given it a grade? So it wouldn't matter how many people know a song.
                                                  good point

Comment

• Originally posted by Goldmoney View Post
                                                    One Mo’ Gen and Karen Box - cute but forgettable.
                                                    Forgettable? I------ PLEASE!

One Mo Gen is one of her sexist, most grown songs to date

Comment

Working...
                                                    X