No announcement yet.

The Mariah Carey Discography Rate - Album Averages

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nice to see who gave the higher and lower rates! Makes it more fun tbh.
    http://oi42.tinypic.com/2m3lnpv.jpg

Follow me on LastFM: http://www.lastfm.es/user/S-Yair

www.instagram.com/sebastiansuaid/

Comment

• Music Box: I like the smooth production, a highlight of the album imo.It's a sweet small smooth relaxing beautiful love song. It was a fav of the album for me during my in-love-with-music-box days, with such delicate lyrics, simpe but effective. And introduced me, as a non-english language native speaker, to the word thee. I think it's a great #100.
      My rate: 9

One Mo Gen: a song I enjoy but for some reason it does not stick in my head... If I see a name of a song of hers, I can imagine the song, but NEVER with OMG.... I just don't remember it! When I listen to it, I like it and its cool and the lyrics are hot, but well, it is what it is.
      My rate: 7

The Art of...: it can be a little messy, and not single material at all, but I LOVE this one... the lyrics are clever. And after reading the Memoirs, I found new love and appreciation. I just don't get why on earth she released this as a buzz single or why she changed the title of the album, as TAOLG is miles better than MIAMTEC. Although now that DEmi released The Art of something it's better to have something else. The "Go to Mimi on your contacts... press delete" is great. It used to be cool to me, now it's heartbreaking. And the final part of the song is FIRE.
      My rate; 10
      CHECK UKMIX RETRO Chart Facts
      FIRST CYCLE or SECOND CYCLE

Comment

• Music Box: Such a beautiful song to me! Not one I listen to often but I love how dreamy and smooth it is

One Mo Gen: One of her sexiest songs, and a bop. Not my favorite but it’s still a jam. Almost like the 2018 version of Babydoll

​​​​​TAOLG: Never listen to this anymore... it’s just there. Not a bad song but yeah...

Comment

• BUBBLING UNDER Part II: 300 to 291

Sprung
          Avg: 5.53
          Highest Rate: 8 (RedSimba & sYair )
          Lowest Rate: 1 (RayRay )

Angel (The Prelude)
          Avg: 5.53
          Highest Rate: 10 (DNK )
          Lowest Rate: 2 (Leo & monarcbutterfly )

Irresistible (West Side Connection)
          Avg: 5.57
          Highest Rate: 10 (DNK)
          Lowest Rate: 1 (RayRay)

Secret Love
          Avg: 5.58
          Highest Rate: 8 (sjm )
          Lowest Rate: 2 (RayRay)

I Still Believe (ft. Mocha & Amil) [Stevie J Remix]
          Avg: 5.61
          Highest Rate: 9 (Marchum )
          Lowest Rate: 2 (skylynx & Wayne )

All I Want For Christmas Is You (ft. Jermaine Dupri & Bow Wow) [So So Def Remix]
          Avg: 5.61
          Highest Rate: 10 (Goldmoney , DNK & Marchum)
          Lowest Rate: 0 (Wayne)

Supernatural
          Avg: 5.65
          Highest Rate: 9 (freeme & DNK)
          Lowest Rate: 2 (sjm & monarcbutterfly)

Charlie Brown Christmas
          Avg: 5.67
          Highest Rate: 10 (DNK)
          Lowest Rate: 3 (skylynx & Wayne)

In the Mix (Theme from Mixed-ish)
          Avg: 5.68
          Highest Rate: 8 (redSimba & Marchum)
          Lowest Rate: 2 (sjm)

Don't Forget About Us Remix feat. Juelz Santana & Bone-Thugs-N-Harmony
          Avg: 5.69
          Highest Rate: 9 (bm08 , Leo & Marchum)
          Lowest Rate: 2 (monarcbutterfly & DNK)

Comment

All I Want For Christmas Is You (ft. Jermaine Dupri & Bow Wow) [So So Def Remix]
            EXCUSE ME?!

Tf out of here with that. I listen to this gutterat remix of Xmas GOAT more than the original! I played it at an Xmas party one year and everybody was feeling it!
            Greatest Of All Time

Comment

• Emancipation loses 3 entries in this Bubbling Under set: added tracks Sprung & Secret Love (not really surprised here) and the Juelz Santana/BTNH remix of US #1 Don't Forget About Us. I like this version a lot, I love BTNH style and flow and adds to the song, but then it's a "add rappers tothe same song" style of remix so I can understand it's low rank...

Charlie Brown Christmas becomes the first casualty for MCIIY. I personally don't enjoy that too much.

Some album tracks we lose: Irresistible (I loved this song when the album dropped, but then I feel it's a little too long and monotonous so it lost priviledges in my playlists, but still I relive my connection everytime it shows up in my shuffle); Supernatural (just an ok album song, little forgettable) and Angel Prelude (just a prelude, it's too high here i think)

Surprised that ANOTHER AIWFCIY falls so soon! I don't like this remix too much anyway, so I don't mind seeing it fall, but it¿s an AIWFCIY version!

In The mix is just a cute small song that passed without much noise.

ISB REmix is hot but again, the anti-urbanriah team won again lol

Comment

• All these remixes crashing out better not be a sign of things to come as it pertains to one of my 11s.
                Greatest Of All Time

Comment

• Woah! I didnt expect “In The Mix” to be out this early. This song is quite infectious and one of best sing along song in ages. Quite a shame!
                  See The Mariah Carey Discography Rate
                  See The Report Card - Weekly Top Songs

Comment

• Why y'all did Sprung like that. It's a major bop.
                    http://oi42.tinypic.com/2m3lnpv.jpg

Follow me on LastFM: http://www.lastfm.es/user/S-Yair

www.instagram.com/sebastiansuaid/

Comment

• Originally posted by Leo View Post
                      Music Box: And introduced me, as a non-english language native speaker, to the word thee. I think it's a great #100.

One Mo Gen: a song I enjoy but for some reason it does not stick in my head... If I see a name of a song of hers, I can imagine the song, but NEVER with OMG.... I just don't remember it!

The Art of...: it can be a little messy, and not single material at all, but I LOVE this one... the lyrics are clever. And the final part of the song is FIRE.
                      Cool reviews there, I'm with you on a lot of this. MB is sweet, not really my thing, but I can appreciate it. I found the use of 'thee' really odd for some reason. I guess I find it way too old school, lol.

OMG is hot but you've got a point, when I read your comment my brain filled me head with 8th Grade. But yeah I looove this when its on.

TAOLG I agree was not single material but I love how fresh and different it was for her in production and line delivery. It doesn't sound like any other song of hers. And you're right, the climax is insane!

Shout out to Irresistible here, too! I know most don't love it (or know it) but give me Hoodriah chillin' over a Cube beat with the man himself any day.
                      Addict. Advocate. Author. Artist.
                      My journey of R&B, addiction and superheroes....
                      www.rawirijames.com
                      #LostBoy album and novel OUT NOW!

Comment

• It's quite surprising that two versions of AIWFCIY is in the very low tier (#332 & #295).

Comment

• Originally posted by bm08 View Post
                          It's quite surprising that two versions of AIWFCIY is in the very low tier (#332 & #295).
                          Well, I think for some people the original is so special and considered a classic, that the alternate versions and remixes just pale in comparison. And some people might just be resentful that these other versions exist in the first place and might be very critical.
                          MESMARIAHSING!

Comment

• I love AIWFCIY but the remixes/other versions are just awful in comparison.
                            Haven't been early since '88

Comment

• Let's keep on with the Top100, and now it's turn for the next 3 songs!

Forever
                              Avg:7.70
                              Highest Score: 10 (skylynx, JSparksFan, DNK)
                              Lowest Score:: 5 (Wayne)

Honey (Classic Club Mix)
                              Avg:7.71
                              Highest Score: 11 (InfoFromAus)
                              Lowest Score:: 5 (RayRay, whoawhoa, freeme)

Languishing (The Interlude)
                              Avg:7.71
                              Highest Score: 10 (monarcbutterfly)
                              Lowest Score:: 5 (RayRay)

Comment

• 97 - 95 now posted!

Comment

• Some additional data:

- We've lost the first song with an 11 rate! But that does not mean this is the lowest ranked song with an 11...
                                  - 6 songs in the top100 already, and all from different eras!
                                  - Although Honey Club and Languishing seem to have the same average, they do not... It's 7.70588 for the Butterfly track and 7.71052 for the Imperfect Angel one!

Here is a status of each ear so far, with #332-#291 & #100-#95
                                  Total 201-332 101-200 1-100 Remaining
                                  MARIAH CAREY 12 12
                                  EMOTIONS 14 14
                                  MUSIC BOX 16 2 1 13
                                  MERRY CHRISTMAS 15 2 13
                                  DAYDREAM 19 1 18
                                  BUTTERFLY 21 1 20
                                  RAINBOW 19 2 17
                                  GLITTER 14 14
                                  CHARMBRACELET 20 6 14
                                  THE EMANCIPATION OF MIMI 29 7 22
                                  E=MC2 18 1 17
                                  MEMOIRS OF AN IMPERFECT ANGEL 19 2 1 16
                                  MERRY CHRISTMAS II YOU 13 1 12
                                  ME. I AM MARIAH... THE ELUSIVE CHANTEUSE 19 1 1 17
                                  CAUTION 11 1 10
                                  THE RARITIES 16 16
                                  OTHER 57 18 39

Comment

• My personal lines:

- I enjoy Forever and its retro sound. I think a lower part of the top100 is good enough for it anyway.

- Dance mixes don't get much love from my side... well, I do love Fly Away. But as I adore Honey, and this was part of the Butterfly album I bought, I am familiar to it and enjoy it a lot. Still, I am surprised this managed a top100 position!

- Languishing... although an interlude, I find this piece touching. Similar to Rainbow interlude. I really love this little piece she shared with us. And after the Memoirs, this song gained many points from my side.

Comment

• Forever is such a divisive track when it comes to whether people like it or not, and I dont get why. It's cute but it's definitely not up in the top tier of her songs.

Comment

• I don’t mind Forever, I just think it’s unfortunately surrounded by much superior ballads on a very strong album.

Languishing is utterly gorgeous, love it.

Comment

• That's a surprising 11 points going to a remix! I too, love Honey and all it's remixes.

Languishing is a beautiful song, well deserved.
                                          #mariahcarey #lambforlife

Comment

• Originally posted by Tomer_MC View Post
                                            That's a surprising 11 points going to a remix! I too, love Honey and all it's remixes.

Languishing is a beautiful song, well deserved.
                                            *singing* B to da R- A to da T!!! love how Mariah sings that part with layered vocals

Comment

• Lately, Subtle Invitation (which is one of the gems written with DJ in mind) has been on my playlist rotation. I like how she included MY All as a lyric in the last line of the song which is a huge hint that the song is about DJ as we know MY All was written for him as well...along with my other fave: Crybaby

Comment

• Originally posted by Tomer_MC View Post
                                                That's a surprising 11 points going to a remix!
                                                Agree that considering her vast catalogue, a remix to get 11 is great. It's interesting to know that 39 different tracks got 11s from at least 1 user. And Honey Classic Club mix is just 1 of MANY remixes that got 11s!

Comment

• I feel like I'm being talked about haha - and I should explain.

My third 11 was difficult to hand out - so many worthy songs! But I felt like I should represent one of my all time fave remixes from Mariah.

And the reason it's this remix is because the vocals in this version are intense and so impressive, it has an energy that is infectious, and it's essentially a whole new song.

The belts, the energetic and rapid delivery, the breathlessness, the amazing backing vocals, those sustained "ooooooohs" at the end... the "I need it" refrains, the closing moments that are kinda sultry and sexy, over that driving beat that feels like it's someone heart racing intensely. Mariah seems out of breath, she seems desperate for that love, so passionate. It's just so good.

This was another step in the introduction of the newly free and confident Mariah that came out in the original version's opening bars.

Originally posted by Leo View Post
                                                  Some additional data:

- We've lost the first song with an 11 rate! But that does not mean this is the lowest ranked song with an 11...
                                                  Originally posted by Tomer_MC View Post
                                                  That's a surprising 11 points going to a remix! I too, love Honey and all it's remixes.
                                                  Originally posted by Leo View Post

Agree that considering her vast catalogue, a remix to get 11 is great. It's interesting to know that 39 different tracks got 11s from at least 1 user. And Honey Classic Club mix is just 1 of MANY remixes that got 11s!
                                                  MESMARIAHSING!

Comment

• Originally posted by InfoFromAus View Post

I feel like I'm being talked about haha - and I should explain.

My third 11 was difficult to hand out - so many worthy songs! But I felt like I should represent one of my all time fave remixes from Mariah.

And the reason it's this remix is because the vocals in this version are intense and so impressive, it has an energy that is infectious, and it's essentially a whole new song.

The belts, the energetic and rapid delivery, the breathlessness, the amazing backing vocals, those sustained "ooooooohs" at the end... the "I need it" refrains, the closing moments that are kinda sultry and sexy, over that driving beat that feels like it's someone heart racing intensely. Mariah seems out of breath, she seems desperate for that love, so passionate. It's just so good.

This was another step in the introduction of the newly free and confident Mariah that came out in the original version's opening bars.
                                                    You're good at explaining lol - Def makes sense!!!

#mariahcarey #lambforlife

Comment

Working...
                                                    X