No announcement yet.

NME (former CDNX (former Music Machine)) radio Playlist

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Summer Camp's Love Of My Life is almost a year old. Maybe they've added it because it's now got a video. I like their older stuff but this song is so poppy

Comment

• Kid Cudi - Leader Of The Delinquents video
      Orlando Weeks - Blood Sugar video
      Peach Tree Rascals - Things Won't Go My Way video
      The Allergies - Felony video
      Car Seat Headrest - Martin video
      Yazmin Lacey - Morning Matters video
      The Koreatown Oddity - Weed In L.A. video
      Ryan Hemsworth - Sun Up video
      Christine And The Queens - I Disappear In Your Arms video
      Bon Iver - PDLIF video
      Tash Sultana - Pretty Lady video
      Girl In Red - Midnight Love video
      Alfie Templeman - Liquid In Happiness Form video
      Jamie xx - Idontknow video
      Rina Sawayama - Bad Friend video

so much aspirants to the playlist this week,
      some of them won't succeed

Comment

• Still no update of
        What’s new on the NME 1 and NME 2 playlists this week?

Comment

• Originally posted by navi View Post
          Still no update of
          What’s new on the NME 1 and NME 2 playlists this week?
          https://www.nme.com/blogs/nme-radio-...SIfMbClZ1XFV38
          Last edited by egorcheb18; Wed April 22nd, 2020, 23:52.

Comment

• Thanks a lot.
            so the new address/name of the blog is nme radio roundup
            i didn't search further for
            i wonder what's wrong with/why they change What’s new on the NME 1 and NME 2 playlists this week?

Comment

• Originally posted by NME
              nme radio roundup
              "Lock down your aerial, you're listening to NME Radio"
              by Hannah Mylrea
              April 20, 2020

On the A List

Bon Iver - ‘PDLIF’
              First up, we’ve got the new one from Bon Iver. ‘PDLIF’, or ‘Please Don’t Live In Fear’, was made to ease your anxious mind. Over raspy saxophones and pealing piano chords Justin Vernon reassuringly croons words of hope, comfortingly repeating “There will be a better day” and requesting that listeners “Please don’t live in fear”.

Peach Tree Rascals - ‘Things Won’t Go My Way’
              Meshing hip-hop, indie rock and dreamy pop; the latest from LA-based quintet Peach Tree Rascals is an explosive cut of the band’s genre-blurring sound.

On the B List

Girl In Red - ‘Midnight Love’
              “This song is about me making someone feel really small,” Marie Ulven, aka Girl in Red, explained to NME about her new single. “It’s just me reflecting on how I made this person feel.” Over wistful synths and ethereal electronics Ulven grapples with the hurt she could have inadvertently caused, with beautifully candid results.

Tash Sultana - ‘Pretty Lady’
              Up on the B List we’ve got Tash Sultana’s new one. A song that they first used to play whilst busking six years ago, ‘Pretty Lady’ is a slice of sultry, lo-fi rock.

The Koreatown Oddity - ‘Weed In L.A.’
              Taken from Dominique Purdy’s (aka The Koreatown Oddity) upcoming album ‘Little Dominique’s Nosebleed’, ‘Weed In L.A. sees him consider how much his hometown of L.A. has changed since he was a kid. Filled with jangling piano licks and classic hip-hop beats that accompany Purdy’s distinctive flow, it’s an exciting glimpse of what’s to come on the new record.

Yazmin Lacey - ‘Morning Matters’
              Taken from the Nottingham-based soul singer’s gorgeous new EP of the same name, ‘Morning Matters’ is four minutes of pure sunshine. Featuring Femi Koleoso and Ife Ogunjobi of Ezra Collective on drums and trumpet, it’s a dazzling example of Lacey’s impressive vocals.

On the C List

Alfie Templeman - ‘Happiness in Liquid Form’

Co-written with The Vaccines‘ Justin Young, ‘Happiness in Liquid Form’ gives Alfie Templeman’s pysch-flecked bedroom rock a sparkling disco-pop makeover.

Christine and the Queens - ‘I disappear in your arms’
              And finally on the playlist this week we have ‘I Disappear In Your Arms’. Lifted from Christine and the Queens excellent ‘La vita nuova’ EP, it’s a swaggering synth-pop treat.

Jamie xx - ‘Idontknow’
              ‘Idontknow’ has been around for a while, but initially people weren’t entirely sure who was behind the squelching club track. In Autumn of last year, it started to make an impact on the club scene, as DJs like Four Tet, Caribou and Bicep played it as part of their sets. Now Jamie xx has officially released the tune, and his first solo release in five years is a bass-thumping beauty.

Kid Cudi - ‘Leader Of The Delinquents’
              In Kid Cudi’s first solo release since 2016 he casts aside the melodic vocals of his recent releases and returns to the harsher rapping that appeared in his earlier music. Over shimmering piano riffs and growling beats he discusses past drug use and his own mental health in a blistering return.

Orlando Weeks - ‘Blood Sugar’
              Dedicated to all NHS workers, the latest from former Maccabees frontman Orlando Weeks is a ghostly soundscape of choral vocals, gleaming electronics and enveloping instrumentals.

Rina Sawayama - ‘Bad Friend’
              Taken from Rina Sawyama’s astonishing debut album ‘SAWAYAMA’, here she turns regret for falling out of touch with a once-close-pal into a soaring avant-pop banger.

Ryan Hemsworth - ‘Sun Up’
              With its strutting bass line, hazy beats and euphoric vocals, Ryan Hemsworth’s new tune is a club-ready smasher.

Christine and the Queens - ‘I disappear in your arms’
              And finally on the playlist this week we have ‘I Disappear ...
              such a sloppy
              they even failed to sort this alphabetically

Comment

Thanks a lot.
                so the new address/name of the blog is nme radio roundup
                i didn't search further for
                i wonder what's wrong with/why they change What’s new on the NME 1 and NME 2 playlists this week?
                No problem!
                I also don't understand why I can't see this on their website. I usually see it on their page on Facebook.

Comment

• Poppy Ajudha - Strong Womxn video
                  Affectionately - Then You Came Along video
                  Melenas - Primer Tiempo video
                  Raphael Futura - Take A Chance video
                  Rögg Collins - Illusion video
                  The 1975 - If You're Too Shy (Let Me Know) video
                  Tom Misch and Yussef Dayes - Nightrider (feat. Freddie Gibbs) video
                  Tiana Major9 - Think About You (Notion Mix) video
                  The Streets and Tame Impala - Call My Phone Thinking I'm Doing Nothing Better video
                  Ambar Lucid - Universe video
                  Kehlani - Everybody Business video

Comment

• Originally posted by egorcheb18 View Post

No problem!
                    I also don't understand why I can't see this on their website. I usually see it on their page on Facebook.
                    through the years NME had his ups and downs,
                    but all went definitive downhill by this point

In 2019, TI Media, the successor to IPC, sold NME and Uncut to Singaporean company BandLab Technologies.
                    BandLab Technologies acquires NME & Uncut, expanding its global music media division
                    Mon, June 3, 2019

Comment

through the years NME had his ups and downs,
                      but all went definitive downhill by this point

Singaporean company, so it's not a UK magazine?

Looking at the new additions for next week it seems there are no rock songs.

Comment

nme radio roundup
                        by Hannah Mylrea
                        April 27, 2020

All the new bangers added to NME Radio this week

This week The 1975 fans got what they’ve been after for weeks: the release of live favourite ‘If You’re Too Shy (Let Me Know)’. The stomping cut of ‘80s flecked pop rock is absolutely huge. Filled with euphoric riffs, effervescent synths and a killer sax solo, it’s a jubilant, fist-pumping smash – and was a must add for this week’s NME Radio playlist.

Also new this week we’ve got The Streets teaming up with Tame Impala, NME 100 alumni Poppy Ajudha’s powerful ‘Womxn’, and excellent tunes from rising talent Ambar Lucid and Tiana Major9.

Here are all this week’s additions to the NME 1 & 2 playlists:

On the A List

The 1975 - ‘If You’re Too Shy (Let Me Know)’
                        This new one from The 1975 is an absolute belter. The sixth song taken from the band’s upcoming album ‘Notes On A Conditional Form’ is basically what it’d sound like if The 1975 wrote a song for a John Hughes film, and we love it.

On the B List

Poppy Ajudha - ‘Strong Womxn’

“Strong Womxn” is a song about womanhood and the ways in which we mould ourselves around the worlds expectations,” Poppy Ajudha explains of her latest tune. “We build ourselves up as pillars of strength because it can feel like the only way we’re able rise above the injustices we face every day”. Over cantering beats and buzzing instrumentals Ajudha dissects her experience of womanhood, in a powerful statement of solidarity.

Raphael Futura - ‘Take A Chance’
                        Filled with trembling beats and lackadaisical half-spoken vocals, this sultry offering from Raphael Futura is a hazy summer’s dream.

Tom Misch & Yussef Dayes - ‘Nightrider (feat. Freddie Gibbs)’
                        Taken from the collaborative album of Tom Misch and Yussef Dayes, ‘Nightrider’ is hypnotising. Merging Daye’s skittering rhythms with Misch’s melodic sensibilities, and masterful guest vocals from Freddie Gibbs, it’s a standout cut from their joint record.

Tiana Major9 - ‘Think About You (Notion Mix)’
                        Mixing Tiana Major9’s classic influences with strutting reggae grooves and her soaring vocals, ‘Think About You’ is a smouldering release from the rising star.

On the C List

The Streets & Tame Impala -
                        ‘Call My Phone Thinking I’m Doing Nothing Better’
                        The latest taste of The Streets’ upcoming mixtape sees Mike Skinner team up with Tame Impala. Merging furious beats with woozy psychedelic hooks, and Skinner’s distinctive vocals, the unexpected collab is excellent.

Ambar Lucid - ‘Universe’
                        Filled with smoky R&B production and Lucid’s powerhouse vocals, ‘Universe’ is a brilliant slice of dreamy pop.

Kehlani - ‘Everybody Business’
                        Finally this week we’ve got Kehlani’s latest, ‘Everybody Business’. A chilled out cut of the artist’s soulful R&B; put it on, sit back, and relax
                        nothing bangs for me this week

Comment

• Cam Wild and Infamousizak - My Ting video
                          ZAIA - Innerstate video
                          Juice WRLD - Righteous video
                          Khruangbin - Time (You and I) video
                          Protomartyr - Worm In Heaven video
                          Rayowa - The Only Night video
                          Liss - Blinding Lights video
                          Groove Armada - Get Out On The Dancefloor video
                          Hayley Williams - Dead Horse video
                          The Killers - Fire In Bone video
                          Haim - I Know Alone video
                          Charli XCX - Claws video
                          Kali Uchis - i want war (BUT I NEED PEACE) video
                          Hinds - Just Like Kids (Miau) video

what can i say?
                          NO, NO, NO

Comment

nme radio roundup
                            by Hannah Mylrea
                            May 04, 2020

All the new bangers added to NM

Most of us never thought we’d see a new Oasis song; but last week Noel Gallagher found a 15-year-old demo the band had recorded whilst sound-checking in Hong Kong, and as he was feeling nice, he shared it with the rest of the world. With its hope-filled lyrics and jangling instrumentals, ‘Don’t Stop…’ was an obvious choice for this week’s NME Radio playlist.

Also new for this week we’ve got Haim experimenting with dance music, Hinds slamming the misogyny they’ve experienced being in a band and a moving posthumous release from Juice WRLD.

On the A List
                            Hayley Williams - ‘Dead Horse’
                            Taken from the Paramore frontwoman’s upcoming solo album, ‘Dead Horse’ combines the fizzing new wave of her band’s fifth album ‘After Laughter’, with the crunchy dark pop and searing lyrics of her previous solo releases. Filled with bubbling hooks and sing-a-long chorus, it’s an impossibly catchy tune.

Oasis - ‘Don’t Stop…’ video
                            15 years ago, Oasis recorded themselves sound checking in Hong Kong, which included the band playing an unreleased song called ‘Don’t Stop…’. The song never made it onto a record and Noel thought it was “lost forever”, but in the midst of a coronavirus clear out he found the recordings on what he assumed was a blank CD. The lo-fi demo is a melancholic moment. Without wild riffs and bombastic instrumentals, instead Noel takes centre stage in a welcome respite to the weird world.

Groove Armada - ‘Get Out On The Dancefloor’
                            Featuring Empire of the Sun frontman Nick Littlemore (who provides infectious David Byrne style vocals) the latest from Groove Armada is a slick slice of stylish electronica.

On the B List
                            Liss - ‘Blinding Lights’
                            First up on the B List we’ve got Liss – who’ve taken The Weeknd’s Blinding Lights and turned it into a slinky, funk-flecked indie bop.

The Killers - ‘Fire In Bone’
                            Next up we’ve got the latest from The Killers. Centred around a strutting bassline, it’s a euphoric cut of the band’s heartland rock.

Haim - ‘I Know Alone’
                            Ever wondered what a Haim song with a UK garage beat would sound like? Well their latest release ‘I Know Alone’ is a pretty good indicator that it’d absolutely slap. Meshing the band of sister’s earnest lyrics and tight knit melodies with skittering production, it’s an impressive, experimental release.

Juice WRLD - ‘Righteous’
                            A posthumous release, ‘Righteous’ sees Juice WRLD honestly discuss addiction and his mental health problems (“Taking medicine to fix all of the damage/My anxiety the size of a planet (Yeah, ooh)”). Poignant and emotive – it’s a reminder of how much talent the young artist had to give.

On the C List
                            Charli XCX - ‘Claws’
                            ‘Claws’ is the latest song to have come from Charli XCX’s upcoming fourth album – which is being created entirely from self-isolation. Produced by 100 Gecs’ Dylan Brady, it’s a bright glitch-pop hit that fuses wild trance beats with XCX’s trademark auto-tuned vocals and loved up lyrics.

Kali Uchis - ‘i want war (BUT I NEED PEACE)’
                            With its Latin beats, flickering piano and lingering vocals, this slowburner from Kali Uchis is a total beauty.

Hinds - ‘Just Like Kids (Miau)’
                            “I don’t know you but a friend of mine does/He says you were successful ‘cause you legs were nice” Hinds sing halfway through their latest raucous release. The tongue-in-cheek ‘Just Like Kids (Miau)’ sees the Spanish quartet take-down the unsolicited comments they’ve received whilst being in a band. Infusing their garage rock with massive pop hooks – it’s evidence that the unwarranted advice they’ve been receiving is far from needed.

ZAIA - ‘Innerstate’
                            Finally, we’ve got Atlanta rapper ZAIA’s new one, ‘Innerstate’. Combining ‘80s flecked production with ZAIA’s warm vocals, it’s an exciting glimpse of what to expect from the emerging artist.

Comment

• The Magic Gang - Take Back The Track video
                              Arlo Parks - Black Dog video
                              Team Picture - Handsome Machine video
                              Fontaines D.C. - A Hero's Death video
                              Rolling Blackouts Coastal Fever - Falling Thunder video
                              NZCA Lines - Real Good Time video
                              Glass Animals - Dreamland video
                              Gorillaz - How Far? Ft. Tony Allen & Skepta video
                              Mahalia - Too Nice video
                              Little Simz - might bang, might not video
                              Paul Epworth, Jay Electronica, Lil Silva - Love Galaxy video

Comment

nme radio roundup
                                by Hannah Mylrea
                                May 11, 2020
                                All the bangers we've added to the NME Radio playlist this week

A few weeks ago Glass Animals announced their new album ‘Dreamland’, sharing the record’s title track with the reveal. A glorious, expansive cut of the band’s woozy psych-pop, it was a must add for this week’s NME Radio playlist. The new album drops in July – and if this, and previous singles ‘Your Love (Déjà Vu)’ and ‘Tokyo Drifting’, are anything to go by it’s going to be excellent.

Also new for this week we’ve got Arlo Parks’ latest single ‘Black Dog’, a powerful song she’s explained was written “to make people who are struggling feel less isolated and start a conversation surrounding the prevalence of mental health issues in today’s world.”

On the A List

Khruangbin - ‘Time (You and I)’
                                First up on the A List we’ve got the new single from Khruangbin. Taken from their upcoming album ‘Mordechai’, the slinky slice embraces the band’s kaleidoscopic sound – fusing strutting funk, joyful surf-rock and dreamy psychedelic rock.

Glass Animals - ‘Dreamland’
                                Filled with misty layered vocals and pealing synth chords, the title track from Glass Animal’s anticipated third album is a lilting slice of dreamy sunshine.

On the B List

Gorillaz - ‘How Far? (feat. Tony Allen and Skepta)’
                                With their latest release Gorillaz are paying tribute to the late, great Tony Allen. A longtime collaborator of Damon Albarn, the two had a long-running musical relationship which included supergroup The Good, the Bad & the Queen. ‘How Far’ was written with Skepta just before lockdown, and is a stormy three minutes centred around Allen’s powerhouse drumlines.

Arlo Parks - ‘Black Dog’
                                Arlo Parks’ emotive new single ‘Black Dog’ is beautifully honest. Offering jangling acoustic guitar Parks honestly depicts her experience of helping a friend with mental health difficulties, in a song she hopes will help people who are struggling feel less isolated.

Fontaines D.C. - ‘A Hero’s Death’
                                Almost a year since dropping their blistering debut ‘Dogrel’, Fontaines D.C. are gearing up to release their second record ‘A Hero’s Death’, and its title track is new to the NME Radio playlist this week. Filled with growling post-punk riffs and a thumping rhythm section, and topped by frontman Grian Chatten’s distinctive, barking vocals, it’s another stonking release from the Irish band.

The Magic Gang - ‘Take Back The Track’
                                On ‘Take Back The Track’ The Magic Gang have imbued their slick indie-pop with a healthy dose of funk and Northern soul, and it slaps.

On the C List

Mahalia - ‘Too Nice’
                                First up on the C List we’ve got Mahalia’s ‘Too Nice’. Taken from her lockdown produced ‘Isolation Tapes EP’, it combines her silky R&B vocals with Destiny’s Child-tinted beats and early ’00s production; and the results will be caught in your head for the next week

Little Simz - ‘might bang, might not’
                                With its stripped back, skittering beats and simple bassline, ‘might bang, might not’ puts the full focus on Little Simz’s outstanding vocals, in a brilliant cut from her new EP.

Rolling Blackouts Coastal Fever - ‘Falling Thunder’
                                In an alternative universe, Rolling Blackouts’ upcoming album would be the ideal soundtrack to a hazy summer of festivals and road trips with your mates. Sadly life had other plans – but that doesn’t mean we won’t be blasting new single ‘Falling Thunder’, tinnie in hand, for the next few months.

NZCA Lines - ‘Real Good Time’
                                The last addition to NME Radio this week is ‘Real Good Time’. A squelchy, funk-infused stonker, it’s one to add to the playlist for your next, Zoom-facilitated club night.

Comment

• Cut Copy - Love Is All We Share video
                                  Bdrmm - A Reason To Celebrate video
                                  Leon Bridges - Inside Friend ft. John Mayer video
                                  The Beths - I'm Not Getting Excited video
                                  Easy Life - peanut butter video
                                  Kehlani - Grieving (feat. James Blake) video
                                  Slowthai - ENEMY video
                                  Joe Goddard & Hayden Thorpe - Unknown Song video
                                  Sinead O Brien - Roman Ruins video
                                  India Jordan - I'm Waiting (Just 4 U) video

Comment

nme radio roundup
                                    by Hannah Mylrea
                                    May 18, 2020
                                    All the bangers we've added to the NME Radio playlist this week

Whilst some of us have been keeping busy over lockdown with endless pub quizzes and binge watching tv shows we’ve already seen; Easy Life have used the time to write, record and release a handful of songs on new project ‘see you later maybe never (demos)’.
                                    The band explained that the two new tracks were “cooked up since the dreaded corona started” with the intent to release something that’d put a smile on fan’s faces – and they’ve succeeded. Filled with the band’s trademark punchy brass and tongue-in-cheek lyrics, the duo of tunes are a welcome injection of positivity in these strange times. We’ve added the hazy, sun-drenched ‘peanut butter’ to the NME Radio playlist.
                                    Also new on the playlist this week we’ve got brilliant tracks from Slowthai, Cut Copy and rising punk-poet Sinead O’Brien; as well as a gorgeous collaboration from Kehlani and James Blake.

On the A List

Easy Life - ‘peanut butter’
                                    First up we’ve got the latest from Easy Life. Taken from lockdown project ‘see you later maybe never (demos)’ which they dropped a few weeks ago, we’ve chosen ‘peanut butter’ for the playlists – a lilting slice of sunshine that oozes the quintet’s effortless charm.

On the B List

Kehlani - ‘Grieving (feat. James Blake)’
                                    Kehlani’s team-up with James Blake was a highlight of her recent album ‘It Was Good Until It Wasn’t’. A glorious amalgam of Kehlani’s silky R&B and Blake’s earnest electronics, the two artists’ vocals interweave as they gut-wrenchingly dissect a collapsing relationship.

Slowthai - ‘ENEMY’
                                    Over punchy beats and icy production Slowthai takes down cancel culture in two-and-a-half blistering minutes.

Cut Copy - ‘Love Is All We Share’
                                    Returning after three years away, the new one from Aussie electronic royalty Cut Copy is an eerie, ambient trip.

On the C List

The Beths - ‘I’m Not Getting Excited’
                                    The latest from The Beths is a raucous depiction of imposter syndrome. Vocalist Elizabeth Stokes explained that the song was inspired by people asking if she was excited about the overseas tours and releases the band have been doing. “The correct answer is always ‘yes.’ But the truth is that deep down there’s a tiny Liz saying, ‘don’t get excited.’” says Stokes. “She is certain that anything good that could happen will most likely not happen, because of a freak accident. Or because somebody finally realises that we aren’t worthy, shouts ‘phony!’ and takes everything away.” They better get used to it, though, as The Beths’ upcoming album is set to be an absolute smasher.

Joe Goddard & Hayden Thorpe - ‘Unknown Song’
                                    All squelchy synths and stomping disco beats, this collaboration from Joe Goddard and Hayden Thorpe is total joy.

Sinead O’Brien - ‘Roman Ruins’
                                    On Irish punk-poet Sinead O’Brien’s latest she matches her fearless lyrics with growling post-punk instrumentals, in one of her strongest releases yet.

India Jordan - ‘I’m Waiting (Just 4 U)’
                                    Look, we may not be able to dance until sunrise tinnie in hand at a festival this summer; but at least India Jordan has put out this smasher so we can attempt to recreate an all night rave over Zoom.

bdrmm - ‘A Reason To Celebrate’
                                    Filled with towering shoe-gaze instrumentals that erupt into a post-punk explosion halfway through, the latest from bdrmm is another exciting glimpse of the band’s upcoming debut album.

Leon Bridges - ‘Inside Friend feat. John Mayer’
                                    Last up, it’s Leon Bridges and John Mayer. “The concept for ‘Inside Friend’ came about from Mayer and I joking around in the studio about what an ideal date for an introvert or homebody like myself would be,” Bridges explains of the song, adding: “I tour most of the year, so I’d rather invite a gal over to lounge comfortably in the crib as opposed to go out somewhere crowded.” Now though, the song has now taken on a new meaning, with the slinky R&B bop feeling like a lockdown anthem.
                                    Last edited by navi; Mon May 18th, 2020, 21:24.

Comment

• Sofi Tukker & Gorgon City - House Arrest video
                                      Lucy Rose - Question It All video
                                      Crystal Murray - Easy Like Before video
                                      Inhaler - Falling In video
                                      Nation Of Language - The Wall & I video
                                      Alex Mali - I Know video
                                      Phoebe Bridgers - I See You video
                                      IDLES - Mr Motivator video
                                      Haim - Don't Wanna video
                                      Perfume Genius - Without You video
                                      Rina Sawayama - Bad Friend video
                                      Squid - Broadcaster video

Comment

nme radio roundup
                                        by Hannah Mylrea
                                        May 26, 2020

Need an injection of pure positivity? Don’t we all. Thankfully for us, IDLES have gifted us an almighty slab of the stuff with their new tune ‘Mr Motivator’.
                                        Frontman Joe Talbot has explained that the band wanted the song to: “encourage our audience to dance like no-one is watching and plough through these dark times with a two tonne machete of a song and the most beautiful community of scumbags ever assembled.” Basically, they’ve combined their ferocious punk with uplifting lyrics that’ll help you power through the weird new normal we’re living in. Utterly excellent, it was an obvious choice for this week’s NME Radio playlist.
                                        Also new for this week: outstanding new ones from Phoebe Bridgers and Haim, along with a quarantine-banger from Sofi Tukker & Gorgon City.

On the A List

Phoebe Bridgers - ‘I See You’
                                        First up we’ve got the latest from Phoebe Bridgers. On ‘I See You’ she fuses her deeply confessional songwriting with lush Sufjan Stevens-tinted instrumentals. It’s another outstanding preview of the hugely talented artist’s upcoming album ‘Punisher’.

Nation Of Language - ‘The Wall & I’
                                        This newbie from Brooklyn synth-pop trio Nation of Language is pure timeless nostalgia, blending ‘80s new-wave and post-punk with chugging indie rock guitars.

On the B List

Crystal Murray - ‘Easy Like Before’
                                        All strutting house beats and slick R&B production, Parisian singer-songwriter Crystal Murray’s ‘Easy Like Before’ is the perfect soundtrack to hazy – albeit socially distanced – summer afternoons in the park. TWO METRES!

Idles - ‘Mr Motivator’
                                        Need some morning motivation? Stick on ‘Mr Motivator’ and let it kick start your day. Trust us – the bridge of “You’re Joe Cal-*******-zaghe” is going to become your new personal mantra.

Haim - ‘Don’t Wanna’
                                        Haim’s upcoming album, ‘Women In Music Pt. III’, is looking like it’ll be the band’s most exciting, experimental release yet. Across singles so far the band have showcased Lou Reed referencing funk (‘Summer Girl’), 808 beats and wild dance electronics (‘I Know Alone’), and barnstorming country (‘The Steps’). They’ve returned to the latter for latest single ‘Don’t Wanna’ – a strutting belter.

Sofi Tukker & Gorgon City - ‘House Arrest’
                                        Combining candid lyrics about the collective anxiety caused by the pandemic with throbbing house beats and massive drops, this wild collab from Sofi Tukker and Gorgon City is perfect for your next Zoom DJ set.

On the C List

Inhaler - ‘Falling In’
                                        Inhaler’s ‘Falling In’ depicts how the quartet’s life has changed over the past year as their music career has rapidly taken off. “I think being a young band on tour and seeing our music connect with audiences from different parts of the world has opened our eyes to the excitement and exhilaration of life and being up on stage and feeling wanted and loved can be a very powerful drug,” explains frontman Elijah Hewson. If their upcoming debut album is as good as this massive rock smasher, they’d better get used to that feeling.

Perfume Genius - ‘Without You’
                                        All jaunty guitar licks and soaring synth soundscapes, this slice from Perfume Genius’ outstanding fifth album ‘Set My Heart on Fire Immediately’ is a total delight.

Rina Sawayama - ‘Bad Friend’
                                        The latest single from Rina Sawayama’s remarkable debut album, ‘SAWAYAMA’, sees the genre-splicing artist grapple with feelings of guilt after falling out of touch with a close friend. With an earworm chorus and painfully relatable lyrics, this is pure pop brilliance

Lucy Rose - ‘Question It All’
                                        Complete with cantering hi-hats and ethereal guitar licks, the new one from Lucy Rose is a chilled out beauty.

Squid - ‘Broadcaster’
                                        Last up on the playlist this week we’ve got Squid. Centred around an agitated synth riff that gradually builds into a bombastic crescendo of wild guitars and drums, it’s perfectly organised chaos.

Comment

• Jayda G - Both Of Us video
                                          The Brothers Macklovitch - Give Love To Get Some (ft. Leven Kali) video
                                          Remi Wolf - Disco Man video
                                          TTRRUUCES - I'm Alive video
                                          Loup GarouX - Strange Angels video
                                          No Rome - Hurry Home feat Beabadoobee & Jay Som video
                                          Disclosure - Energy video
                                          Teyana Taylor - Made It video
                                          Nasty Cherry - I Am King video
                                          The Mysterines - I Win Every Time video

Comment

nme radio roundup
                                            All the new bangers we've added to NME Radio this week
                                            by Hannah Mylrea
                                            June 1, 2020

It’s been almost two weeks since The 1975 released their highly anticipated ‘Notes On A Conditional Form’. The final part of the band’s ‘Music for Cars’ release cycle saw the band play with genre, hopping from trip-hop flecked bangers (‘Frail State of Mind’) and orchestral interludes to brit-pop tunes (‘Me & You Together Song’) amd bombastic, ‘80s tinted pop hits (‘If You’re Too Shy (Let Me Know’) – and everything in-between – over the course of 22 songs. This week we’ve chosen the electronic croons of ‘Tonight (I Wish I Was Your Boy’) for the NME Radio playlist this week.
                                            Also added to NME Radio this week we’ve got floor-fillers from Disclosure and Jayda G, and No Rome teams up with mates Beabadoobee and Jay Som for a lovely collaboration.

On the A List

The 1975 - ‘Tonight (I Wish I Was Your Boy)’
                                            First up we’ve got one from the new The 1975 album. With its squelchy synths and hazy production, ‘Tonight (I Wish I Was Your Boy’)’ is a highlight of the new 22-track LP.

On the B List

No Rome - ‘Hurry Home’ feat. Beabadoobee & Jay Som
                                            No Rome’s teamed up with pals Beabadoobee and Jay Som for his latest, ‘Hurry Home’. Combining glittering club-beats and pulsating bass with lilting acoustics, it’s truly lovely.

Disclosure - ‘Energy’
                                            ‘Energy’ is the latest glimpse we’ve had of Disclosure’s upcoming album of the same name, and it’s utterly brilliant. Fusing inspirational quotes from Eric Thomas with jubilant Latin beats, it’s four-minutes of pure positivity.

Remi Wolf - ‘Disco Man’
                                            Need a soundtrack to your next socially distanced BBQ? Then try out LA-based songwriter Remi Wolf’s new one, ‘Disco Man’. Combining soulful vocals with modern R&B and a killer funk bassline, the earworm tune is ready to soundtrack your summer.

Jayda G - ‘Both Of Us’
                                            Jayda G has been teasing ‘Both Of Us’ in live sets for a while – and now we’ve been treated its official release. All strutting house beats and ethereal vocals, it’s another stone-cold smasher from the DJ. The only problem? We won’t be hearing it played during countless 3am DJ sets at festivals this summer.

Loup GarouX - ‘Strange Angels’
                                            Supergroup Loup GarouX told NME that their new tune ‘Strange Angels’ is an “explosive Milton-esque narrative of… near-death experience, purgatory, revelation, redemption and a final return,” adding that “It sounds like a huge howling hurricane,”. With its blistering guitar solo courtesy of Ed Harcourt, raucous rhythm section and Queens of the Stone Age-tinted sound, we’d be inclined to agree.

On the C List

Teyana Taylor - ‘Made It’
                                            With its strutting beats and empowering lyrics, Teyana Taylor’s new one is a brilliant self-empowerment anthem.

The Mysterines - ‘I Win Every Time’
                                            Filled with snarling riffs and frontwoman Lia Metcalfe’s growling vocals, ‘I Win Every Time’ is a hulking slice of the Liverpool band’s sweltering sound.

The Brothers Macklovitch - ‘Give Love To Get Some’ feat. Leven Kali
                                            One for fans of Anderson .Paak or Mac Miller, ‘Give Love to Get Some’ is euphoric dance meets sultry R&B, and we love it.

TTRRUUCES - ‘I’m Alive’
                                            Last up on the playlist this week we’ve got ‘I’m Alive’, a hazy amalgam of indie-pop, psychedelia and eccentric half-spoken vocals – it’s brilliantly weird.
                                            Nasty Cherry didn't make it in, in favour of 1975

Last edited by navi; Mon June 8th, 2020, 21:23.

Comment

• The Flaming Lips - Flowers of Neptune 6 video
                                              Wax Taylor & D Smoke - Keep It Movin video
                                              Run the Jewels - Goonies vs. E.T. video
                                              NZCA Lines - Prisoner of Love video
                                              Lodet - Calling video
                                              ROSALÍA & Travis Scott - TKN video
                                              Run the Jewels - JU$T (feat. Pharrell Williams & Zack de la Rocha) video
                                              Baby Queen - Internet Religion video
                                              Dan D'Lion - Pull Me Under video
                                              Matt Maltese - Queen Bee video
                                              Jevon - Ghetto Cinderella video
                                              Last edited by navi; Fri June 12th, 2020, 20:53.

Comment

nme radio roundup
                                                by Hannah Mylrea
                                                June 8, 2020

“And you so numb you watch the cops choke out a man like me” raps Run The Jewels‘ Killer Mike on new song ‘walking in the snow’, “And ’til my voice goes from a shriek to whisper, ‘I can’t breathe'”. Taken from the hip-hop duo’s magnificent fourth album, ‘Run The Jewels 4’, it’s a powerful depiction of the police brutality that’s rife in both the United States and here in the UK, and that’s ignited global protests over the past week.
                                                A “modern protest classic” – we’ve added two songs from ‘RTJ4’ to the NME Radio playlist this week.

On the A List

ROSALÍA & Travis Scott - ‘TKN’
                                                First up we’ve got the new collaboration from Rosalía and Travis Scott. ‘TKN’ is the second time the two artists have teamed up (following a remix of Scott’s ‘Highest In The Room’). Meshing Scott’s trap-flecked hip-hop and reverb-laced vocals with Rosalía’s stomping flamenco pop, it’s a stellar two minutes from two artists at the top of their game.

Wax Tailor & D Smoke - ‘Keep It Movin’
                                                With its strutting funk bass and jangling electro-acoustic riffs, this collab from D Smoke (winner of Netflix’s Rhythm + Flow) and French producer Wax Tailor will be stuck in your head for the next week.

On the B List

Run The Jewels - ‘goonies vs. E.T.’
                                                Last week Run The Jewels dropped new album ‘Run The Jewels 4’, and this is the first of two songs from it we’re adding to the NME Radio playlist this week. The blistering ‘Goonies vs. E.T.’ sees the duo critiquing those who are superficially “woke” online, demonstrating their elastic flow over fiery instrumentals.

Run The Jewels - ‘JU$T (feat. Pharrell Williams & Zack de la Rocha)’
                                                Next up we see RTJ team up with Pharrell Williams and Rage Against The Machine frontman Zack de la Rocha on political masterpiece ‘JU$T’. From Pharrell stating pointing out the moral contradictions present in North America: “The Thirteenth Amendment says that slavery’s abolished/Look at all these slave masters posin’ on yo’ dollar” to Zack de la Rocha asserting the importance of using your voice to protest “But the breath in me is weaponry”, it’s a powerful look at societal flaws.

Baby Queen - ‘Internet Religion’
                                                One for fans of The 1975 or The Japanese House, Baby Queen’s debut single, a searing satire of our reliance on social media, is a shimmering triumph and an exciting glimpse of what’s to come from the young talent.

The Flaming Lips - ‘Flowers of Neptune 6’
                                                The Flaming Lips‘ first new recording of 2020 is a dreamy cut of wistful synth-pop.

On the C List

Dan D’Lion - ‘Pull Me Under’
                                                “’Pull Me Under’ is the feeling I go back to time and time again. It’s about giving into the uncontrollable, that one thing that gives you the highest high, but dumps you in the lowest of low without warning,” Dan D’Lion has explained of his new single, the brooding ‘Pull Me Under’. Filled with pulsating synths, hip-hop beats and dark electronica, it’s a total smasher.

Matt Maltese - ‘Queen Bee’
                                                Self produced in his home in South London, and featuring vocals from Sorry’s Asha Lorenz and guitars from The Lemon Twigs‘ Brian D’Addario, Matt Maltese‘s new one is a lilting slice of sunshine.

Jevon - ‘Ghetto Cinderella’
                                                Meshing Brazilian beats with Pharrell-flecked production, Jevon’s latest is an absolute earworm.

NZCA Lines - ‘Prisoner of Love’
                                                Finally, we’ve got the new one from NZCA Lines. Taken from forthcoming album ‘Pure Luxury’, ‘Prisoner Of Love’ is a squelchy, synthy disco treat.

Comment

• Gorillaz - Friday 13 feat. Octavian video
                                                  Lucia & The Best Boys - Let Go video
                                                  Fontaines D.C. - I Don't Belong video
                                                  Roosevelt - Sign video
                                                  Michael Stipe and Big Red Machine - No Time For Love Like Now video
                                                  Tricky - Fall Please feat. Marta video
                                                  Hinds - Boy video
                                                  Rolling Blackouts Coastal Fever - Cameo video
                                                  The Aces - Kelly video
                                                  IAMDDB - Quarantine video

after a few awful weeks,
                                                  this one is good with more than a half of pretty decent songs

Comment

nme radio roundup
                                                    by Hannah Mylrea
                                                    June 15, 2020

If you were looking for an album to soundtrack your summer of socially distanced tinnies in the park and virtual pub nights, then look no further than Hinds’ latest album, ‘The Prettiest Curse’.
                                                    On it they’ve ditched the raucous garage rock which they’d perfected on their first two albums, and instead embraced pop melodies, lush instrumentation and glossy production, on an album that’s the musical equivalent of the sun peaking out from behind the clouds after a thunderstorm. We’ve chosen ‘Boy’ for the NME Radio playlists this week, a euphoric cut that blends the bands growling riffs with shoegaze and enraptured dream-pop.
                                                    Also new on NME Radio this week: Gorillaz have teamed up with Octavian for the fourth episode of their Song Machine series, The Aces try out R&B beats for the latest taste of their upcoming album ‘Under My Influence’ and IAMDDB celebrates “embracing love” on the sultry ‘Quarantine’.

On the A List

Hinds - ‘Boy’
                                                    On the A List this week we’ve got ‘Boy’, taken from Hinds’ stellar new album ‘The Prettiest Curse’. With its cantering rhythm section, twinkling guitar licks and exhilarating group vocals, it’s a dreamy summer anthem.

On the B List

Rolling Blackouts Coastal Fever - ‘Cameo’
                                                    “This is a love song. It’s about reaching through time portals,” Rolling Blackouts’ Fran Keaney has explained of ‘Cameo’. Writing the lyrics over the course of a year, and gradually piecing them together, it’s a gloriously love-struck slice of the band’s post-punk tinted indie.

Gorillaz - ‘Friday 13th (feat. Octavian)’
                                                    For the latest instalment of Gorillaz’s Song Machine series (where the virtual band “spit out brand new episodes fresh from the studio, as and when they happen”) they’ve teamed up with Octavian. Combining woozy synths and clattering production with Octavian’s lilting vocals, the wistful song is a total treat.

Fontaines D.C. - ‘I Don’t Belong’
                                                    The latest glimpse we’ve had of Fontaines D.C. upcoming album ‘A Hero’s Death’ is a grumbling slab of the Irish band’s snarling post-punk.

Michael Stipe & Big Red Machine - ‘No Time For Love Like Now’
                                                    In March, Michael Stipe performed his collaboration with The National’s Aaron Dessner (under his Big Red Machine moniker), ‘No Time For Love Like Now’, live from lockdown. Finally, we’ve been gifted the studio version of the song. A sprawling, otherworldly amalgam of glam rock, jangling folk and ethereal guitar licks (courtesy of Big Red Machine’s other founder, Justin Vernon), it’s eerily beautiful.

On the C List

The Aces - ‘Kelly’
                                                    With its strutting bassline, bobbing hi-hat beats and dangerously catchy chorus, the new one from The Aces is a stone-cold smasher.

IAMDDB - ‘Quarantine (Prod.by Adrian)’
                                                    IAMDDB’s new one is about giving in to love. “For all the hearts filled with love. Fear only rules your heart if you allow it and right now is a time to embrace love instead of running from it,” she explains of it. Filled with squelchy trap beats and sultry vocals, it’s brilliant.

Roosevelt - ‘Sign’
                                                    German producer Roosevelt has returned with his first new single since second album ‘Young Romance’ in 2018, and it’s a belter. Combining buoyant house beats with throbbing synths and soaring vocals, it’s pure dance-floor joy. The only problem? We won’t be hearing it slipped into DJ sets at festivals this summer.

Tricky - ‘Fall Please (feat. Marta)’
                                                    “With most of my stuff there’s nothing else like it around; but with ‘Fall Please’ I’ve managed to do something I’ve never been able to before which is that everyone can feel it – even people who don’t know my music,” Tricky has explained of his new tune, ‘Fall. Please’. “It’s my version of pop music the closest I’ve got to making pop” he adds. Combining ominous melodies with elements of Go-go and electronica, Tricky’s version of pop music sounds pretty good to us.

Lucia & The Best Boys - ‘Let Go’
                                                    Lastly on the playlist this week we’ve got this slow-burning beauty from Lucia & The Best Boys. All sprawling piano lines and velvety vocals, it’s a poignant treat from the band.

Comment

• Palace Winter - Top Of The Hill video
                                                      Honne - No Song Without You video
                                                      High Vis - Walking Wires video
                                                      Laura Marling - Strange Girl video
                                                      Park Hye Jin - Like This video
                                                      IDLES - Grounds video
                                                      The Beths - Out Of Sight video
                                                      Khruangbin - Pelota video
                                                      Doves - Carousel video
                                                      The Killers - My Own Soul’s Warning video
                                                      Jehnny Beth - We Will Sin Together video
                                                      Porij - 150 video
                                                      Aluna - Warrior (feat. SG Lewis) video
                                                      Pillow Queens - Handsome Wife video

Comment

nme radio roundup
                                                        by Hannah Mylrea
                                                        June 22, 2020

A year ago this Saturday, The Killers were taking to Glastonbury’s Pyramid stage for their headline set. Topping the festival for the second time in their career (the first in 2007 – a show that was plagued with sound problems), Brandon and co. blitzed through a stellar set of back-to-back bangers, roping in pals Pet Shop Boys and Johnny Marr to join them. It was 90-minutes of feel-good.
                                                        This weekend it should be Glasto’s 50th anniversary event – and of course the weather is frustratingly beautiful. Even with the pandemic putting a stop to festival season 2020, The Killers are still putting out stone cold smashes that – in lieu of being played in a big field watched by a small army of punters – can soundtrack a few socially distanced drinks in the park with mates. ‘My Own Soul’s Warning’, the band’s latest slice of euphoria is a total belter and was an obvious choice for this week’s NME Radio A List.
                                                        Also added to NME Radio this week we’ve got new ones from IDLES, Jehnny Beth and Khruangbin, Aluna’s (off of AlunaGeorge fame) latest shimmering solo release and a dreamy summer tune from Mancunian up-and-comers Porij – as well as a glorious album track from Laura Marling.

On the A List

The Killers - ‘My Own Soul’s Warning’
                                                        With its cantering rhythm section, Springsteen-flecked guitars and earworm melodies, ‘My Own Soul’s Warning’ is an exhilarating ride from The Killers.

On the B List

Jehnny Beth - ‘We Will Sin Together’
                                                        Jehnny Beth’s solo debut album, ‘To Love Is To Live’ is something special. We’ve chosen ‘We Will Sin Together’ for the playlist this week – an urgent and cinematic example of the artist’s avant-pop, pulsating with electronic tension

IDLES - ‘Grounds’
                                                        The followup to the fearless ‘Mr. Motivator’, ‘Grounds’ is another powerhouse release from the Bristolian punks. With its hulking drums and whirring guitar licks supporting Joe Talbot’s snarling vocals (“Do you hear that thunder,” he spits at one point “That’s the sound of the strength in numbers,”), it’s another tantalising glimpse of their upcoming album ‘Ultra Mono’.

Doves - ‘Carousels’
                                                        With its twinkling synths, warm vocals and skittering beats, ‘Carousels’ is four-minutes of joy.

The Beths - ‘Out Of Sight’
                                                        ‘Out Of Sight’ sees The Beths allowing themselves to be “more fragile” than they usually do. “[On ‘Out Of Sight’] We are trying to listen more deeply and be more open ended, it was confronting to do and sometimes even frustrating,” frontwoman Elizabeth Stokes explains. The results see a strain of honest vulnerability threaded through the New Zealand indie pop groups upbeat sound, and it’s excellent.

On the C List

Porij - ‘150’
                                                        One for fans of Disclosure and Kaytranada, Mancunian up-and-comers Porij have a knack for creating glittering nuggets of electronica. The latest, ‘150’, is more laidback than previous releases. With its sun-drenched guitars and sizzling production, it’s a perfect barbecue jam.

Aluna & AlunaGeorge - ‘Warrior (feat. SG Lewis)’
                                                        With its strutting bassline and glorious, hook-laden choruses, ‘Warrior’ – the second song from Aluna’s upcoming solo debut – is pure ecstasy.

Pillow Queens - ‘Handsome Wife’
                                                        With its growling guitars and hopping rhythm section, ‘Handsome Wife’ is a gorgeous cut of indie rock.

High Vis - ‘Walking Wires’
                                                        This roaring tune from London post-punk band High Vis is an adrenaline rush.

Laura Marling - ‘Strange Girl’
                                                        Taken from Laura Marling‘s stunning seventh album ‘Song For Our Daughter’, ‘Strange Girl’ is a record highlight. With its buoyant instrumentals and Marling’s percussive vocals, it’s an uptempo folk-rock bop.

Park Hye Jin - ‘Like This’
                                                        Look, we may not be able to dance until the sunrises at one of Glasto’s bountiful late-night offerings this weekend, but at the very least we can turn this one from Park Hye Jin up loud and annoy our neighbours at 3am during an impromptu Zoom DJ set.

Khruangbin - ‘Pelota’
                                                        Finally, we’ve got the latest from Texan trio Khruangbin. ‘Pelota’ features the band’s usual mix of psychedelia, soul and funk, and is an exciting taste of their upcoming third album ‘Mordechai’.

Comment

• Victoria Monét - Experience (ft. Khalid & SG Lewis) video
                                                          Flume - The Difference ft. Toro y Moi (Jon Hopkins Remix) video
                                                          Anderson .Paak - Lockdown video
                                                          Noname - Song 33 video
                                                          Dance Lessons - New Job video
                                                          Thurston Moore - Hashish video
                                                          Narrow Head - Night Tryst video
                                                          Fenne Lily - Alapathy video
                                                          Haim - Gasoline video
                                                          Phoebe Bridgers - I Know the End video
                                                          Bring me the Horizon - Parasite Eve video
                                                          Saweetie - Tap In video
                                                          Sault - Bow (feat. Sault Bow) video

Comment

nme radio roundup
                                                            by Hannah Mylrea
                                                            June 29, 2020

We were spoiled with new music last week. Khruangbin’s third album ‘Mordechai’ saw the Texan trio continue to push the boundaries with their woozy brand of psych. Jessie Ware returned to the dancefloor with the euphoric, ‘80s influenced ‘What’s Your Pleasure?’, and we were finally gifted Haim’s spectacular ‘Women in Music Pt. III’.
                                                            16 songs long, Haim’s third album sees the sisters experiment with their sound more than ever before. ‘I Know Alone’ is imbued with skittering dance beats reminiscent of UK Garage, ‘Man From The Magazine’ – a searing takedown of the sexism the band have received over the years – utilises Joni Mitchell-flecked folk, whilst ‘Another Try’ embraces calypso rhythms and squelchy production. It’s earworm ‘Gasoline’ that we’ve picked for the NME Radio playlist this week though – a slinky cut of sun-drenched indie-rock that’ll be trapped in your head all week.
                                                            Also on the playlist we have the outstanding new tunes from Anderson .Paak, Noname and the return of Bring Me The Horizon.

On the A List

Haim - ‘Gasoline’
                                                            With its lilting riffs and warm vocals, ‘Gasoline’ will have you longing for spontaneous road trips with pals.

Anderson .Paak - ‘Lockdown’
                                                            ‘Lockdown’ feels like a piece of history. On it, Anderson .Paak discusses the current Black Lives Matter protests, commenting on “agent provocateurs” attending the protests (“We was tryna protest, then the fires broke out/Look out for the secret agents, they be planted in the crowd”), the effect Covid-19 has had on unemployment and the death of George Floyd (“Killed a man in broad day, might never see a trial”). It’s incredibly powerful – and an essential listen.

Dance Lessons - ‘New Job’
                                                            Dance Lessons’ latest release is painfully relatable. ‘New Job’, a skipping slice of electronic-flecked pop, is about desperately trying to fill the void left by an ex. “Got a new job, just so I can stay busy/and never have to think about you,” frontwoman Ann sings over twinkling guitar licks in the chorus. We’ve all been there – but Dance Lessons make it sound so much sweeter.

On the B List

Phoebe Bridgers - ‘I Know the End’
                                                            Phoebe Bridgers‘ second album ‘Punisher’ is a masterpiece. We’ve gone for the gorgeous ‘I Know the End’ for the playlist. Opening with ethereal, emotional gut-punch verses, it then erupts into pure euphoria midway through, complete with jubilant trumpets and soaring vocals.

Victoria Monét, Khalid & SG Lewis - ‘Experience’
                                                            Victoria Monét’s teamed up with Khalid & SG Lewis for her latest – a funk-laced floor-filler stuffed with disco beats, shimmering synths and taken forwards by a strutting bassline.

Noname - ‘Song 33’
                                                            In just over a minute Noname manages to say more than most artists can in an entire album. Addressing the killing of George Floyd and the murders of trans women worldwide, as well as J. Cole’s rumoured criticism of her, it’s a formidable 70 seconds.

Fenne Lily - ‘Alapathy’
                                                            Alapathy, the first single from Fenne Lily‘s upcoming second album ‘BREACH’, is a made-up word merging “apathy” and “allopathic”. The fidgety song mimics the anxiety Lily’s experienced, with its lyrics tackling her experience taking medication to improve her mental health, and how she found it didn’t solve the problems she was going through. Brilliantly honest, the break-neck tune is an exciting glimpse of what’s to come on the rest of the album.

On the C List

Saweetie - ‘Tap In’
                                                            With its bouncing beats and Saweetie’s slick vocals, ‘Tap In’ is a stone-cold smasher.

Bring Me The Horizon - ‘Parasite Eve’
                                                            Bring Me The Horizon are back with ‘Parasite Eve’ – a wild dystopian offering that fuses rock with whirring electronics, and comes accompanied with semi-terrifying lyrics that about the end of the world.

Sault - ‘Bow’ (feat. Michael Kiwanuka)
                                                            Sault’s latest album, ‘Untitled’, was released to “mark a moment in time where we as Black People, and of Black Origin are fighting for our lives”. It’s an important listen – and we’ve selected this collaboration with Michael Kiwanuka for the playlist this week.

Flume - ‘The Difference’ feat. Toro y Moi (Jon Hopkins Remix)
                                                            Finally this week we’ve got Jon Hopkins remixing Flume and Toro y Moi‘s recent collaboration – turning the electronic tune into a techno-laced hit. The only problem? We won’t be able to hear it at 4am in a festival dance tent this summer.
                                                            No place for Thurston Moore

Comment

• Jean Dawson - Clear Bones video
                                                              Blackaby - What's On The TV? video
                                                              VOID - iHurt video
                                                              Glass Animals - Heat Waves video
                                                              Fontaines D.C. - Televised Mind video
                                                              Washed Out - Time To Walk Away video
                                                              Baba Ali - All These Wires video
                                                              Ty Dolla $ign - Ego Death (feat. Kanye West, FKA twigs & Skrillex) video
                                                              Kaisha - Tell Me video
                                                              Kraak & Smaak - Aftersun video
                                                              Jessie Ware - Soul Control video
                                                              Kanye West - Wash Us in the Blood (feat. Travis Scott) video
                                                              Disclosure - My High (feat. Aminé & slowthai) video
                                                              Megan Thee Stallion - Girls in the Hood video
                                                              Dominic Fike - Chicken Tenders video
                                                              Chloe Moriondo - manta rays video

Comment

Working...
                                                              X