Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by navi View Post

one of those, not so good weeks
    Why not so good? Bdrmm are finally added - a good band, I like this new song from Fenne Lily. And even though I haven't heard new tracks from Perfume Genius and Brooke Bentham, I am sure these should be decent songs

Comment

• Originally posted by egorcheb18 View Post

Why not so good? Bdrmm are finally added - a good band, I like this new song from Fenne Lily. And even though I haven't heard new tracks from Perfume Genius and Brooke Bentham, I am sure these should be decent songs
      OK, that's 4 out of 10
      a little too few
      sadly, not passable

Comment

• Originally posted by navi View Post

OK, that's 4 out of 10
        a little too few
        sadly, not passable
        yes, there are too many r'n'b tracks this week

Comment

• Originally posted by NME
          What’s new on the NME 1 and NME 2 playlists this week?
          "Lock down your aerial, you're listening to NME Radio"
          by Hannah Mylrea
          March 23, 2020

On the A List

The Killers – ‘Caution’
          First up on the A List we have the massive new one from The Killers. The synth-rock tune’s the first taste we’ve had of the band’s upcoming sixth album ‘Imploding The Mirage’, and it’s a doozy. With glittering instrumentals that combine the band’s knack for crafting earworm hits with the creativity shown on their last record ‘Wonderful Wonderful’, and the huge closing guitar solo, courtesy of Lindsey Buckingham, it’s another stone-cold smasher.

On the B List

Perfume Genius – ‘On the Floor’
          Moving onto the B List, we’ve got the latest from Perfume Genius. The stonking slice of ‘80s flecked-pop is three and a half minutes of pure celebration, and the perfect antidote to these weird times.

Poppy Ajudha – ‘Low Ride’ ft. Mahalia
          Poppy Ajudha has teamed up with Mahalia for the gorgeous, soul-infused ‘Low Ride’ – a soaring cut from two of the UK’s most impressive young vocalists.

Teyana Taylor – ‘We Got Love’ (feat. Ms. Lauryn Hill)
          A reworking of Teyana Taylor’s brilliant, Kanye produced ‘We Got Love’, this time around she’s teamed up with legend Lauryn Hill, who provides an uplifting spoken word interlude midway through. With its gospel-tinged vocals and euphoric strings, it’s a beauty.

On the C List

Brooke Bentham – ‘High’
          Moving onto the C list, first up we’ve got a tune from Brooke Bentham’s outstanding recent debut album, ‘Everyday Nothing’. ‘High’ is a swirling fusion of dreamy synths, grunge-flecked riffs and Bentham’s powerhouse vocals, and it’s outstanding.

Fenne Lily – ‘Hypochondriac’
          Fenne Lily has explained that her Dead Oceans debut ‘Hypochondriac’ is about, “pressure to feel enough but not too much in a time of hyper connectivity, plus a personal reminder to be accountable for and have agency over the part of me that gravitates towards meltdown.” The first in a collection of tunes that’ll see her address herself as “both the cause of and solution to my anxieties”, it’s a stunning offering. Spinning her honest, introspective lyrics over lilting guitars, it’s an exciting glimpse at what’s to come next from the 23-year-old musician.

Jay Electronica – ‘The Blinding’ ft. Travis Scott
          Jay Electronica’s collab with Travis Scott was a highlight of his recent, long-awaited album. With the glitching instrumentals and hulking beats, it’s a blistering cut.

Tinie – ‘Top Winners’ ft. Not3s
          Tinie has dropped the Tempah from his name and has teamed up with Not3s for new tune ‘Top Winners’. Mixing sun-drenched production with the two artists slick vocals, it’s a triumphant return.

Thundercat – ‘Fair Chance’
          Finally, on the playlist we’ve got this stunner from Thundercat. All lazy instrumentals and trickling guitar licks, this is the perfect song to help you relax through the current panic.
          it turns out to worse,
          although it was announced, my favourite Bdrmm - Happy wasn't included

Comment

• Badly Drawn Boy - Banana Skin Shoes video
            Squid - Sludge video
            Róisín Murphy - Murphy's Law video
            Egyptian Blue - Nylon Wire video
            Dua Lipa - Break My Heart video
            The Weeknd - In Your Eyes video
            Hayley Williams - Roses Lotus Violet Iris video
            The Avalanches - Running Red Lights ft Rivers Cuomo & Pink Siifu video
            ELIO - My Friends Online video

so, Dua Lipa and The Weeknd
            we would certainly not heard them if they hadn't been suggested for the playlist

Comment

• Originally posted by NME
              What’s new on the NME 1 and NME 2 playlists this week?
              "Lock down your aerial, you're listening to NME Radio"
              by Hannah Mylrea
              March 30, 2020

On the A List

Dua Lipa – ‘Break My Heart’
              First up on the playlist this week we’ve got the latest single from Dua Lipa, ‘Break My Heart’. With a strutting bassline (that interpolates INXS’ ‘Need You Tonight’), and production that shimmers like a disco-ball, the slinky tune is your new favourite sad banger

Badly Drawn Boy – ‘Banana Skin Shoes’
              Filled with jaunty riffs and careening brass lines, ‘Banana Skin Shoes’ is a wild ride from Badly Drawn Boy.

On the B List

Egyptian Blue – ‘Nylon Wire’
              Taken from their upcoming EP ‘Body of Itch’, the latest from Egyptian blue is a cantering cut. ‘Nylon Wire’ sees the Brighton-based band’s buzzing post-punk gallop along at a million miles an hour. With their kinetic rhythm section accompanying the frenzied riffs and searing lyrics, it’s an exciting taste of what the band have coming next.

Hayley Williams – ‘Roses/Lotus/Violet/Iris’
              The most recent tune from Hayley Williams solo project is a beauty. Teaming up with Boygenius (the supergroup made up of Phoebe Bridgers, Lucy Dacus and Julien Baker), who provide the soaring backing vocals, ‘Roses/Lotus/Violet/Iris’ is an introspective and lush piece of emotive indie rock.

The Weeknd – ‘In Your Eyes’
              With its ‘80s-tinted production filled with squelchy beats, rippling synths and a killer sax solo, ‘In Your Eyes’ is a scintillating slice of synth-pop from The Weeknd’s stellar comeback album ‘After Hours’.

On the C List

ELIO – ‘My Friends Online’
              ELIO’s debut single is a stone-cold smash. One for fans of Clairo or Charli XCX, the fizzing ‘My Friends Online’ sees the LA-based artist dissect her relationship with social media and the friends she’s made online but never met. With its massive hook-laden chorus and glittering production, it’s a statement introduction from ELIO.

Pearl Jam – ‘Quick Escape’ video
              Filled with growling riffs, stadium shaking drums and Eddie Vedder’s distinctive vocals, ‘Quick Escape’ is a huge cut from Pearl Jam’s eleventh album ‘Gigaton'.

Roisin Murphy – ‘Murphy’s Law’
              Fusing swaggering piano licks with hand-clapped beats and woozy production, ‘Murphy’s Law’ is a delicious disco-flecked treat.

Squid – ‘Sludge’
              Squid’s latest was initially conceived whilst the band were sound checking for a show supporting post-punk legends, Wire. Blending their playful, expansive instrumentals with introspective lyrics, it’s a roaring example of the band’s intense and experimental sound.

The Avalanches – ‘Running Red Lights’ ft Rivers Cuomo & Pink Siifu
              Last up this week we have ‘Running Red Lights’, from The Avalanches. For it, they’ve teamed up with Weezer frontman Rivers Cuomo (who takes vocal duties) and Pink Siifu (who recites words by the late David Berman, taken from Purple Mountains’ tune ‘Darkness And Cold’), for a lilting slice of melancholia. With Rivers floating vocals, that toe the line between happy and sad, and the dreamy soundscape that’s created, it’s a bittersweet piece of cosmic pop.

Comment

• The 1975 - Jesus Christ 2005 God Bless America video
                Sorry - Perfect video
                Childish Gambino - Time (ft. Ariana Grande) video
                Biig Piig - Switch video
                Oliver Malcolm - Helen video
                Talk Show - Atomica video
                Nao Yoshioka - Loyalty (Blue Lab Beats Remix) video
                Headie One and Fred again - Charades video

Comment

Working...
                X