• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 65.JPG

2001 // NO.3
    201PTS

Benjamin/SholasBoy/Thriller/Affilate/heppolo

Kylie was having her dance diva comeback so Dannii wanted one of those herself as she started her club era at the end of 2001. It continued with a string of hits right into the mid 00s.

64.JPG

2005 // NO.3
    203PTS

Affilate/Benjamin/Plym/Erotica

Mylo is a strange one, as after a successful debut era with both dance fans and critics, he had his biggest hit when his debut, "Drop The Pressure" was mashed up with Miami Sound Machines "Dr Beat", and then he was barely heard of ever again. His other 3 top 20 hits were "In My Arms" (no.112), "Drop The Pressure" (no.300) and "Destroy Rock & Roll" (no.304). Affilate put it in his top 5.

63.JPG
    2008 // NO.1
    203PTS

sg1996/lemo/arab/Affilate/Zeph/Erotica

A song that randomly had a run at no.1 out of nowhere in 2008, when you thought the cheesy "scouse house" era was over, Basshunter came out of nowhere, though not a Scouser, it was definitely a throwback sound to that mid 00s era. The song was 5 weeks at the top, keeping off Britney's "Piece Of Me", Adele's "Chasing Pavements" and Nickelbacks "Rockstar". His other songs finish at no.159 (Angel In The Night), no.163 (All I Ever Wanted) and no.197 (Every Morning).

62.JPG

2000 // NO.7
    203PTS

Ruthymon/CZB/arab/sg1996

Following enormous hits with their first 2 singles, 2000 saw a steady decline in hits with the following 3 for Alice Deejay. This was the first of them, it had a poppier edge than the previous 2 releases, but still became a top 10 hit.

61.JPG

2007 // NO.10
    205PTS

Stronger99/CZB/Zeph/Erotica/sg1996

More Cascada now. This one had been a UK hit for sometimes racist, Jo O'Meara and also in the US for country band, Rascal Flatts. Cascada made it an even bigger hit here with their signature thumping beat and high drama video. Stronger99 placed it top 5.
    1 Jack Wins |2 Holy Molly |3 Agnes |4 Hailee Steinfeld |5 SG Lewis

Comment

• Queen of Clubs, Dannii Minogue! That was such a credible comeback for her and really set the scene for the Neon Nights era.

Doctor Pressure is one of the best mash-ups but sadly missing on Spotify!

Basshunter I really didn’t like at the time, it was about 4 years out of date. I don’t mind it so much now for what it was.

Will I Ever at #62 I did really love it in summer 2000 and it’s a good workout song.

Oh bloody hell Cascada, be gone.

Comment

• Will I Ever music video is ok.
        Waffles are checked cookies

Comment

• Dannii is underrated and deserved to had a UK#1 single of her own.

Comment

• queens of clubs
            what's going on?

Comment

• Originally posted by heppolo View Post
              Dannii is underrated and deserved to had a UK#1 single of her own.
              I Begin To Wonder was robbed. She’d never been so popular on the release of that single.

Comment

• Originally posted by Thriller View Post
                I Begin To Wonder was robbed. She’d never been so popular on the release of that single.
                Yep, Beautiful had had its week at the top, it should have stepped aside.

Comment

• The idea of Rascal Faltts being covered and dancified is going to keep me up tonight.

I did not know Cascada was occasionally racist; may I retract any Cascada votes

Comment

• Originally posted by cheapthrills View Post
                    The idea of Rascal Faltts being covered and dancified is going to keep me up tonight.

I did not know Cascada was occasionally racist; may I retract any Cascada votes
                    Not Cascada, but Jo O’meara.

Comment

• Originally posted by SholasBoy View Post
                      Not Cascada, but Jo O’meara.
                      Ah I misread; I'm glad Cascada showed soemtimes-racist Jo how to actually do this song then.

Comment

• Dannii! <3
                        Big.Big.Booty.

Comment

• 60.JPG

2001 // NO.14
                          210PTS

Stronger99/AndiIversen/SholasBoy/arab/Erotica

Following "Aerodynamic" which seemed to be scrapped as a full single, Daft Punk's third/second single from "Discovery" was "Digital Love", which was a poppier song than previous dance anthems, but came with some gorgeous electric guitar chords towards the end of the track.

59.JPG

2009 // NO.9
                          215PTS

Affilate/Erotica/Plym/SholasBoy/zeph

The late Ian Carey scored his biggest hit in the UK in 2009 with "Get Shaky", in fact it was his only song to ever make the UK top 100. It was also bar far his biggest international hit. He died last year at only 45 years old!

58.JPG

2008 // NO.2
                          217PTS

basticasas/Erotica/arab/heppolo/Plym

By far Kid Cudi's biggest hit in the UK was his big dance breakthrough "Day N Night", mostly thanks to the remix by Crookers, who would also struggle to follow it up. It was a rare dance song to make the US top 3 too! Cudi wouldn't make the UK top 40 again until 2020 when "The Scotts" by The Scotts made no.11.

57.JPG

2007 // NO.8
                          224PTS

Affilate/Erotica/Plym/SholasBoy/basticasas/heppolo/zeph

With 7 voters, the most so far, Groove Armada find themselves at no.57 with what has become their highest charting UK single, Song 4 Mutya (Out Of Control). At the time it was rumoured a follow up, "Song 4 Madonna" was in the works, but it never materialised. Other than "I See You Baby" which was mentioned earlier, their other songs ended up at no.175 (Get Down) and no.248 (Superstylin').

56.JPG

2000 // NO.16
                          229PTS

Ruthymon/arab/sg1996/CZB

The highest of the 3 Alice Deejay songs now, "The Lonely One" is a surprise high entry to me, it always felt a bit heavy and less melodic than their other songs, but it got high scores from the 4 people that voted it.

Comment

• Several acts I've heard of, but nothing I voted for. RIP Mariah's cousin Ian - that's so young to pass

Comment

• Kid Cudi/Crookers and Groove Armada/Mutya the best there for me but I didn’t vote for any of them in my shortlist.

Don’t forget Memories from 2010.

Alice Deejay slaying this countdown!

Comment

• Daft Punk is too low imho
                                I like that Alice DJ track too but sadly didn't vote for it

Comment

• Not the best Daft Punk tune imo. Day'n'Night is classic.

Comment

• 55.JPG
                                    2009 // NO.14
                                    230PTS

basticasas/arab/Erotica/CZB/heppolo

Swedish dance diva, September got her second top 20 hit in the UK with her song "Can't Get Over" in 2009 which had already been a hit across Europe over the previous couple of years.

54.JPG
                                    2002 // NO.8
                                    230PTS

cheapthrills/AndiIversen/arab/Plym/Ruthymon

An unexpected hit after the lukewarm reception of the previous single, It Began In Afrika. "Star Guitar" was an instrumental track which came with a video of a simple train journey, which weirdly seemed to mimic the melody of the track.

53.JPG
                                    2001 // NO.3
                                    233PTS

sg1996/Benjamin/Affilate/CZB/Thriller

That blue record sleeve with a white cross inside a black circle was everywhere in the early 00s, and one of the acts to feature several success on Positiva record was Fragma. "Everytime You Need Me" was a long awaited follow up to the previous years success and showcased a new vocalist, who went on to have an awful minor follow up herself, "Say It". sg1996 placed this one top 5.

52.JPG
                                    2007 // NO.3
                                    234PTS

Plym/Thriller/Erotica/SholasBoy/CZB/Affilate

Producer, Mason had a success in clubs with his instrumental release "Exceeder" in 2006, it would go on to be mashed up with a lesser known Princess Superstar track, "Perfect" and become the ratchet bop of the mid 00s "Perfect Exceeder". Together with yet another hoes in lycra video.

51.JPG
                                    2007 // NO.1
                                    239PTS

heppolo/lemo/AndiIversen/CZB/Erotica

Robyn had some success with her debut album in the UK and US, but her record label seemed to stop pushing her after that and follow up album failed to have a successful hit in those territories. Though it was more fool them, as her next era became her biggest hit, kicking off with a surprise chart topper, "With Every Heartbeat", a collaboration with Swedish producer, Kleerup. heppolo placed it in his top 5.

Comment

• i was obsessed with perfect exceeder
                                      love star guitar too. didn't have room for robyn
                                      what's going on?

Comment

• I loved It Began in Afrika though! But Star Guitar is great

Comment

• Robyn's a bit lower than I expected

Comment

• Milky is my #1. Add the points pls

Comment

• 'Everytime You Need Me' is a tune
                                              Big.Big.Booty.

Comment

Working...
                                              X