Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by heppolo
    I'd choose Mirror Travel and The Raveonettes obviously
    Mirror travel definitely, the Raveonettes not so (too soft and too pop)
    +
    Cherubs - Red Carpet Blues
    Neighbors - Secret

Post by JoshuaOa » Sat Jan 30, 2016 8:52 am
    Hello. And Bye.
    You've got your own troll

Comment

Hello. And Bye.

Comment

Hello. And Bye.

Comment

Originally posted by navi
          You've got your own troll
          Quite surprised that this troll is not banned yet.

January 30

"Real Life" begins as a sultry tune hinged, as ever, on Ella Girardot's plush tones, before soaring forth in the chorus—uplifting and beautifully vibrant—with a few New Order vibes in the guitar line at the three minute mark. Combined with those house-y piano stabs the effect is quite divine. (Noisey)
          Arthur Beatrice - Real Life

Swedish Eskobar are the indie pop heroes in their home country. With a neat line in melody, the group are adored by a cult fandom that stretches across Scandinavia. Their new single 'To The Rescue' arrives on March 18th. A crisp return, the glistening chorus is allied to a sense of euphoric melancholy in the verse. (Clash Magazine)
          Eskobar - To The Rescue

British indie pop trio Flowers have released a couple solid tracks from their upcoming full-length Everybody’s Dying To Meet You. Bitter Pill is their latest offering. Rachel Kenedy’s dreamy vocals are offset with heavily distorted guitars and heavy-hitting drums for delicately soaring big moments. (Stereogum)
          Flowers - Bitter Pill

HAERTS return with the beautiful and moving new short film POWER/LAND, created in collaboration with Julian Klincewicz, and featuring 3 new songs, including the film’s sweeping, poignant heart/centerpiece, “Eva” (starting just before the 5:30 mark). (Gorilla vs Bear)
          Haerts - Eva
          My Likes On Soundcloud
          Last.fm

Comment

All four are great
            Waffles are checked cookies

Comment

Originally posted by JoshuaOa
              Hello. And Bye.
              Probably he came to remind us all about this
              [youtube:gu06uty6]LSAECj0GXWQ[/youtube:gu06uty6]

Comment

Originally posted by Undercover
                The winner.
                I'm looking for "TOP POPS/MUSIC NOW" and "MERSEYBEAT / MUSIC ECHO" Charts to complete my 60's singles charts collection.

Comment

Probably he came to remind us all about this

February 1

‘Lemontrees’ shines far brighter than anyone could have expected. Soaring, clearly Cure-influenced washes of guitar set the pace for Eagulls’ return - in the place of the chainsaw riffing of the debut comes a shimmering new guise. Talk of dancing beneath those titular lemon trees drags the lyrical agenda away from British monotony and into sunny new pastures, too, Eagulls now opening their hearts rather than shying away in the shadows. (DIY Magazine)
                  Eagulls - Lemontrees

Late last year, new Sub Pop signees Heron Oblivion announced their self-titled debut album with “Oriar.” The band, a San Francisco quartet that’s fronted by Meg Baird, has just shared another one from their upcoming full-length, “Your Hollows.” Whereas their first single was more of a psych-rock freakout, this one leans into a more blustery folk sound. They still manage to sneak some chaos in there, though, as the wintry mix devolves into a noisy squall as the six-minute track progresses. (Stereogum)
                  Heron Oblivion - Your Hollows
                  (my balls started to itch from 3:25 )

Seattle’s Low Cut High Tops is the identity of 23-year-old musician and art school dropout, David Burns, who is set to release his debut album ‘Eh, Whatever‘ on February 5th. ‘Eh, Whatever‘ is a 10-track collection of electronic-infused punk rock songs. To get us all ready for the release, Low Cut High Tops have revealed new single Raise Hell with the accompanying self-produced smoking video (part of an ongoing series of forthcoming videos). Raise Hell is a catchy track with a hard-hitting bass line and Burns’ trademark howl, and builds to a punk-heavy apex. (Culture Addicts)
                  Low Cut High Tops - Raise Hell

On Aaron Maine’s (better known as Porches) latest share “Car,” bright, shimmering guitars drive huge moments building to all out jam session and crescendo before the fadeout. Porches’ vocals sound as if recorded a good five feet away from the microphone, filling all the space of a pair headphones. (Stereogum)
                  Porches - Car

On March 18th, Primal Scream will return with a new album titled Chaosmosis. Among the record’s 10 tracks is a collaboration with Sky Ferreira, “Where the Light Gets In”. Amid smoke and shivering synths, Primal Scream frontman Bobby Gillespie and Ferreira talk desire and deception. (Consequence Of Sound)
                  Primal Scream feat. Sky Ferreira - Where The Light Gets In

More than anything else, White Denim are pros at reinvention. In the last 10 years the Austin-based outfit have deftly maneuvered from garage rock to psych rock to post rock to art rock, hitting all the funky combinations in between. “Ha Ha Ha Ha (Yeah”) sees the band emphasizing the groovier side of the pentatonic scale: think ’70s radio rock meets The Meters. Over a very crunchy riff, lead singer James Petralli sings what should henceforth be my life mission statement: “Be yourself, try to have a good time.” (Nerdist)
                  White Denim - Ha Ha Ha Ha (Yeah)

Album of the week

Bill Ryder-Jones - West Kirby County Primary
                  My Likes On Soundcloud
                  Last.fm

Comment

Eagulls - Lemontrees
                    Low Cut High Tops - Raise Hell

didn't have the patience for
                    (i started scratch myself after 1:00)
                    and sure didn't have patience for that HAERTS 18 minutes escapade :-?
                    Eva is as well too long, 8 minutes, after 4:40 it evolves into much more accessible type of song, but i'm still not convinced
                    (the question is - why i'm torturing myself)

Comment

Low Cut High Tops - Raise Hell is so good

Comment

Can't believe my eyes! navi doesn't love "beautiful noise to his ears" anymore! GO AND LISTEN to the second part of the song! :evil:

February 2

Experimental noise-pop trio Banned Books hail from Philadelphia, and they live up to their city’s reputation for exporting exciting new rock bands. They’ve shared stages with Deerhoof and Guerilla Toss, and fans of either group will recognize the free-spirited madness coursing through “Fuselage,” the latest single from Banned Books’ self-titled debut. It’s like a pleasantly drowsy guitar-pop singsong with something ferocious trapped inside, banging on the walls and bursting at the seams. The rhythm is wobbly, the hits visceral, the melodies entrancing. (Stereogum)
                        Banned Books - Fuselage

Though Omori’s (ex- Smith Westerns) vocals prevail in the forefront of this single, perhaps its most impressive aspect is a backdrop where every component is defined yet bleeds into each other seamlessly. Throughout the entire song, a number of ever-varying guitar parts pan across the plain of his composition, each with its own unique but cohesive sound. Omori constantly adds and subtracts sounds, maintaining his hook without allowing it to go stale. And as soon as you think you’ve pegged his song as smooth and almost psychedelic, Omori adds crunchier, rock-inspired guitar tones plus a goddamn trumpet. (Stereogum)
                        Cullen Omori - Sour Silk

Sons Of God walks that fine line between psychedelia and shoegaze, with vocals recorded ever so softly just beneath the front of the mix. You also get the feeling that this is the perfect set-up for taking a song to the live setting; it has moments of restraint on the recording, but you can hear the exact spaces where they band can explode live, ringing out with chords that will rupture your eardrums, pleasantly. (Austin Town Hall)
                        Dead Horse One - Sons Of God

“It’s A Lie” is clean-cut and hopeful, centered and grounded — the undulating bassline comes courtesy of Yo La Tengo’s James McNew, the rest of the song comfortably scratches around it. (Stereogum)
                        Jennifer O'Connor - It's A Lie

UK’s Yuck have launched another volley from their new record, Stranger Things, due February 26th via Mamé Records. “Cannonball” feels like a fuse lit two decades since, burning onward with ’90s distortion and rage. There’s that explosive angst that barreled through that era, where crunchy guitars were all you needed to face down those who would torment you. (Consequence Of Sound)
                        Yuck - Cannonball
                        My Likes On Soundcloud
                        Last.fm

Comment

For me Banned Books - Fuselage is the best followed by Yuck

Comment

February 3

There are so many aspects of this song that instantly appeal:
                            1. The shuffled beats.
                            2. The hip wiggle-inducing bassline.
                            3. The hushed doo-wop doo-wop refrains.
                            4. The psych-pop swagger of singer Jeff Kite's vocal—and yeah, it would be remiss not to mention the Lennon lean of his voice—combined with those warm organ chords.
                            5. THAT BASSLINE!
                            (Noisey)
                            Beat Club - New Age Kid

First known as frontman of now-defunct rockers Tulsa, Carter Tanton has since lent his songwriting, producing, and guitar-playing talents to Lower Dens, Marissa Nadler, and the War On Drugs. After releasing his first solo effort Birds & Rain in 2005, he followed up with the homegrown Freeclouds in 2012, with folk-rock arrangements showcasing his diverse skills. Tanton travels even farther with “Twenty-Nine Palms,” the lead single of his debut LP Jettison the Valley (set to be released March 4 via Western Vinyl). Featuring lilting back-up vocals from Sharon Van Etten, the pedal steel-laden track perfectly encapsulates Valley’s easygoing essence. (Upcoming 100)
                            Carter Tanton feat. Sharon Van Etten - Twentynine Palms

A Dead Forest Index is an experimental indie band from London by way of New Zealand, that makes the most resonant sound out of the most minimal instrumentation. Their music forgoes the modern focus on overly poppy hooks, in favor of creating something with only guitar, light percussion, and vocals to produce an emotional reaction. "No Paths" is a song that's constantly pushing forward, brushing of sadness and into a sense of understanding. Vocals are lush and warm, pulsing emotion and heart around the guitars to build something beautiful and resonant. (Noisey)
                            Dead Forest Index - No Paths

James Supercave released a new track, “Burn”. The song rests on the precipice between genres, embracing a brand of psych pop that revels in the abstract. The song appears on the band’s debut album, Better Strange, due out February 12th via Fairfax Recordings. (Billions)
                            James Supercave - Burn

Cackling their way out of South London, Tangerines relish in a bonkers, bruising Americana. Where other groups with similar influences might lay back in wooziness and relish in the lazy-day sunshine, though, Tangerines descend into madness. Their newest track ‘You Look Like Something I Killed’ is a sun-stroke addled slice of batshit brilliance. “I’ve got your head on a stick,” screeches frontman Gareth Hoskins, the barbed-wire guitars the perfect backing to his frenzied outburst. Darting between Twin Peaks’ fuzz and Cage The Elephant’s fury, touching base with Kurt Vile-esque modern Americana in the process, the Peckham lot mark themselves out as boundary leaping from the off. (DIY Magazine)
                            Tangerines - You Look Like Something I Killed

Parisian psych duo Yeti Lane release their third album, ‘L’Aurore’, via Sonic Cathedral and Clapping Music on March 4. It’s the follow-up to 2012’s ‘The Echo Show’, and perfectly balances their love of analogue electronics with huge waves of guitar. This time they discarded their suitcase of gear and improvised, building their sound up from scratch, and the result is a record that is rougher, dirtier and darker than its predecessor. (Sonic Cathedral)
                            Yeti Lane - Acide amer
                            My Likes On Soundcloud
                            Last.fm

Comment

Tangerines - You Look Like Something I Killed is ace
                              Beat Club - New Age Kid quite nice, but didn't hit me at first
                              Dead Forest Index - No Paths very good, eloquent

Comment

Can't believe my eyes! navi doesn't love "beautiful noise to his ears" anymore! GO AND LISTEN to the second part of the song! :evil:
                                I see what you trying to say,
                                (was probably in a bad mood)
                                but you must admit that the foreplay is too long and i've been already too tired 'til the right thing started to playing

February 2
                                Banned Books - Fuselage
                                Dead Horse One - Sons Of God beautiful one
                                (i hear a strong Cocteau twins vibe)
                                the rest also great

February 3
                                not as good as previous day
                                Tangerines - You Look Like Something I Killed
                                Yeti Lane - Acide amer

Comment

I'm looking for "TOP POPS/MUSIC NOW" and "MERSEYBEAT / MUSIC ECHO" Charts to complete my 60's singles charts collection.

Comment

Guys, I love the diversity of your opinions. And don't listen to the music when you are in the bad mood, lazy or sleepy. It's the waste of time.

February 4

Leeds noiseniks Cowtown have built their name on the batshit, skipping around their hometown’s various ramshackle venues with glee, leaving a trail of destruction and an ever-growing fanbase in their wake. On their latest, ‘Castleman’, they up the ante. Sitting somewhere between the fuzz-punch of long-time mates Menace Beach (who they released a festive split with at the end of last year) and the sugar-rush psychedelia of King Gizzard & The Lizard Wizard, ‘Castleman’ sees Cowtown on gleeful-yet-deranged form. (DIY Magazine)
                                    Cowtown - Castleman

Deftones have announced that they’ve got a new album called Gore coming out later this year. The first single is the sprawling, anguished “Prayers / Triangles,” which sounds weirdly of a piece with the best of the recent emo-revival guitar-rock. It builds and builds, and it keeps a powerful melodic swoop no matter how hard its guitars crunch. (Stereogum)
                                    Deftones - Prayers/Triangles

Indie rock outfit Mass Gothic will release their self-titled debut 2/5 on Sub Pop. Following LP tracks “Nice Night” and “Every Night You’ve Got To Save Me,” and their newest drop “March Of The Cigs” continues an awesome run. A long intro with warning sirens and a vicious, menacing bass line signify the controlled chaos that comes later. Rhythmic guitars and drums give way to an all out shred session with dense layers of electric guitars. (Stereogum)
                                    Mass Gothic - March Of The Cigs

The Mud Howlers are a Mexican quartet hailing from Hermosillo in the Sonora Desert to who dish out heavy psych-rock like the invented it. (Buzzbands LA)
                                    Mud Howlers - Give Me Something

Parquet Courts has announced that their fifth studio album, Human Performance, will be released Apr. 8 via Rough Trade Records. The band also made a music video for Human Performance’s lead single, “Dust,” and it’s got an early Darren Aronofsky feel to it, what with the sepia tone, the mundanity of office life, and the invasion of threatening hallucinations—including what looks like an anthropomorphic dust mite. The song itself is hard-driving, its motorik-infused beat and hypnotic riffs slowly leading to a chaotic conclusion. (Paste)
                                    Parquet Courts - Dust

The trio Tiny Knives pad out their sharp anarcho-punk corners with shards of noise rock, hardcore, and early grunge (think Melvins and Screaming Trees). (Noisey)
                                    Tiny Knives - Dark History
                                    My Likes On Soundcloud
                                    Last.fm

Comment

Mud Howlers were in my chart, but I missed that particular song
                                      Cowtown is nice, Deftones came not as strong as expected, Parquet Courts may enter my charts tomorrow

Comment

Guys, I love the diversity of your opinions. And don't listen to the music when you are in the bad mood, lazy or sleepy. It's the waste of time.
                                        I'm like that most of the time
                                        Today i'm going with Mass Gothic - March Of The Cigs

Comment

1.5 hours of sleep after the return from work is the best medicine.

February 5

Beverly premiered glowing, dream-like Jacob Graham-directed visuals for achingly beautiful new single “Victoria“, which was co-written by Kip Berman of The Pains of Being Pure at Heart. Beverly’s sophomore LP The Blue Swell is out May 6th on Kanine Records. (Gorilla vs Bear)
                                          Beverly - Victoria

After bubbling away in the underground for a couple of years, London four-piece Crows are breaking free with their debut EP ‘Unwelcome Light’, and its lead track ‘Whisper’. The track is a shadowy exercise in their gothic post-punk, drawing to mind everything from Joy Division, Savages and The Brian Jonestown Massacre, to their former tour-mates in METZ and Protomartyr. It’s the first glimpse at ‘Unwelcome Light’, which is due for release on Telharmonium Records (home to The Magic Gang) on March 25th. (DIY Magazine)
                                          Crows - Whisper

The Heavy are set to release new album 'Hurt & The Merciless' on April 1st, with lead track 'Since You Been Gone' online now. The Focus Creeps directed video stars Thomas Turgoose (of This Is England fame) and Abigail Hardingham as lovers in the throes of a break up. (Clash Magazine)
                                          Heavy - Since You Been Gone

Glasgow’s Holy Esque tend to coat their songs in atmospheric effects, but don’t let that fool you: This post-punk quartet is all sinewy muscle when it comes down to it. Their new single, “Oslo”, comes stuffed with enough feedback to make fellow Scots The Jesus and Mary Chain proud, but underneath those curtains of distortion is an anthem writhing to break free. That resonance makes a lot of sense when you understand the story behind the track. “Oslo was written as part of a trilogy of songs,” explains vocalist Pat Hynes. “A tragic tale that follows a prostitute, harassed and tortured until her final hour with everything left behind. It began in 2012 with ‘Ladybird Love’, followed by ‘Doll House’ from our [forthcoming] debut album At Hope’s Ravine and finishes with ‘Oslo’. (Consequence Of Sound)
                                          Holy Esque - Oslo

Brooklyn’s favorite quartet, Honduras is back with their latest single “Hollywood” off of their upcoming Gathering Rust EP. It is a track that showcases their new found restraint and loftiness that makes their heavy moments really hit you even harder. (Asian Dan)
                                          Honduras - Hollywood

Songwriter Markus Krunegård spearheads Laasko, who released a string of albums between 2002 and 2007 to huge acclaim in their native Sweden. Sometime last year, Markus found himself in contact with those friends once more. The chemistry was there, and - before anyone was even aware of it - Laasko had reformed. New album 'Grateful Dead' is out on April 22nd. 'So Happy, So Sad' is a new cut of the album. Crisp guitars line up against a sighing vocal, that swings between the emotions of the title - 'So Happy, So Sad' indeed.
                                          (Clash Magazine)
                                          Laakso - So Happy, So Sad

French Sida clearly have their own thing going on with the bordering on tribal drumming, the subdued synth, the strong female vocals, and the sometimes droning/sometimes no-wavy guitar. (Bandcamp)
                                          Sida - Aspirateur de conscience
                                          My Likes On Soundcloud
                                          Last.fm

Comment

1.5 hours of sleep after the return from work is the best medicine.
                                            not supposed to sleep with my contact lenses on,
                                            too lazy to get them out and put back again after sleep.

Crows - Whisper
                                            Holy Esque - Oslo
                                            best ones, followed by
                                            Honduras,
                                            Beverly,
                                            Sida (i wonder what does it mean, as far as i know sida is french synonym for aids)

Comment

I enjoyed Holy Esque and Laakso the most
                                              Crows - Whisper also made a bit of impression

Comment

The Mud Howlers is my choice out of February 4th bunch.
                                                Crows and The Heavy are the best tracks in February 5th compilation, though the other stuff are very nice too...

Comment

So glad that andrej have mentioned "Since You Been Gone". Great song, imo.

February 6

Oslo-based duo Blosh meticulously balances smooth vocals and swelling cello melodies (swellodies?) with gritty, staccato guitar riffs and ethereal background vocals. Their ability to successfully combine hard and soft elements creates a unique interplay of opposites. (Indie Shuffle)
                                                  Blosh - Nobody Knows (Keep Bleeding Keep Breathing)

SoCal quartet Glass Spells cut their teeth in Calexico, playing shows on both sides of the border and anywhere else their propulsive disco-punk could get bodies moving. Their new single “Rebellion” announces itself with a starburst of electronics before teleporting you straight to the dancefloor. It’s kind of DFA done DIY — over bumptious synths and funky bass, punky vocals imagine the Yeah Yeah Yeahs or the Gossip doing !!! (Buzzbands LA)
                                                  Glass Spells - Rebellion

Self-styled "beachgaze" title track from the Perth, Australia outfit's debut EP 'She's A Rainbow', out February 12. Four minutes of reverbed psych-gaze, warped vocal, silky harmonies, and big guitar solo. (Little Indie Blogs)
                                                  Gunns - She's A Rainbow

Hawaii-based four-piece with a shiny, upbeat track from their self-titled debut album - one of the first songs they wrote, inspired by the nature of the ocean - with guitarist/ singer Brad Stanfill leading with some suitably surfy sound waves. (Little Indie Blogs)
                                                  Ironwoods - Tides

Forgive this song for adding those children’s voices in the beginning, for it knows not what it does. However, get right past that intro and you’re greeted with "Invisible Cities," a bizarre acid trip of a song that sounds straight out of Sonic Youth’s collective brain, sent through a meat grinder full of nu-metal, surf rock, and futuristic synth. (Noisey)
                                                  Iska Dhaaf - Invisible Cities

Glasgow Killer Bangs played their first gig all the way back in October 2015. Now they have released their new song ‘Fluoxetine Dreams’. It sounds like Stereolab’s ‘French Disco’ being dragged through a meat grinder then blown up in a quarry. (Overblown)
                                                  Killer Bangs - Fluoxetine Dreams

Austin, TX’s new-wave punk outfit Sharks In The Deep End have announced their debut LP ‘Killin’ Machine,’ which is available April 22. Shadows in the Sunset is the first single of the album. Mixed by GRAMMY nominated engineer Mark Needham (The Killers, Pete Yorn, Neon Trees), Killin’ Machine is a collection of POP art at its best, exploring notions of discovery, self-introspection and the passage of time. The music video for Shadows in the Sunset is set for release in mid-February and was shot by legendary creative and video director George Salisbury (The Flaming Lips). (Culture Addicts)
                                                  Sharks In The Deep End - Shadows In The Sunset

From the Toronto shoegaze quartet's self-released debut album which came out on January 31 via Bandcamp. There's a psych sheen to the reverbed guitar and lo-fi vocals, and a a sharper edge than usual of its genre. (Little Indie Blogs)
                                                  Soft Wounds - Baby Blue

A band hailing from Canada that's signed with Dine Alone Records, the Juno award winners already have five full length albums under their belt. Now they return with a new single "Santa Fe" that's off of their upcoming album The Great Detachment. The song feels like a trip to the beach—minus the dreadful sunburned and the dreadful indecent exposure. It's short, sweet, and full of moments. "Santa Fe" has glimmers of old school sound that mixes with new school techniques like vocoding. (Noisey)
                                                  Wintersleep - Santa Fe
                                                  My Likes On Soundcloud
                                                  Last.fm

Comment

My top 3 here is:
                                                    Wintersleep - Santa Fe
                                                    Gunns - She's A Rainbow
                                                    Ironwoods - Tides

Comment

February 8

Quite a quiet day today...

Ladada is one of two projects from Virginia Beach musician Josiah Schlater. The lead single from the EP, “New Psych,” is aptly named as it veers toward proto-punk-leaning shoegaze and quick rolling drum transitions. He wastes no time with a high-energy guitar that smacks the listener immediately, and a frenetic drum pattern that keeps up the punishment until the vocals come in for a bit of a reprieve. But the energy only slightly calms as the song moves on, keeping a quick pace switching between sections only dialing back for the wet vocals to take command. (Stereogum)
                                                      Ladada - New Psych

Australian Violent Soho have just dropped the new song Viceroy. The track comes powered by a drunken bassline and a scrappy scream-filled chorus that is garage punk at its finest. (Music Feeds)
                                                      Violent Soho - Viceroy

Albums of the week

Dinosaur Pile-Up - Eleven Eleven
                                                      Dirty Ghosts - Let It Pretend
                                                      Lonely Wild - Chasing White Light
                                                      My Likes On Soundcloud
                                                      Last.fm

Comment

Violent Soho - Viceroy is great
                                                        What concerns albums of the week, then my pick is

Comment

What concerns albums of the week, then my pick is
                                                          Oh dear! I'm still listening to the albums released in October. :(

February 9

Philadelphia noise-rockers Banned Books have given us “a chance to feel the fire in our hearts” with their latest single “Everything I’ll Ever Need.” This latest track alternates between moments of insanity and stability, fluctuating between the chaos of an energetic guitar and noisy percussion and the harmonious control of light vocals and whimsical riffs. It crashes and burns yet somehow still feels warm and gentle, like a dancing, candlelit flame. (Stereogum)
                                                          Banned Books - Everything I'll Ever Need

Brooklyn's Dead Stars have written the track to fit your minor existential crisis. It’s a fuzzed-out, crunchy song that will inspire you to just say, “**** it, I’m doing this” because do you really have anything left to lose? If you like Weezer (you know, when they were cool), Dinosaur Jr., or Teenage Fanclub, then Dead Stars are your guys. (Noisey)
                                                          Dead Stars - Unpopular

The Inflation Kills hail from Hamilton, Ontario, the fertile post-industrial breeding grounds for discordant and angular rock music. Though Grounds For Termination is the band’s first release in over a decade, it returns to their storied history of monumental guitar tones, unrelenting drive, jagged riffs, and towering melodies. (The Mad Mackerel)
                                                          Inflation Kills - Churches

Kyle Forester (Crystal Stilts, Ladybug Transistor) is focusing on promoting a self-titled solo album. Forester’s winsome lead single “Won’t Go Crazy” is like Deerhunter by way of Real Estate, matching acoustic finger-plucking with swelling head-trip synths as he sends a string of romantic reflections pinging through the echo chamber. (Stereogum)
                                                          Kyle Forester - Won't Go Crazy

Melbourne's garage punk girls Lazertits have just released their debut EP 'Aubergine Dreams'. After releasing their first single 'Gender Studies' last May, their 90s riot girrl meets The Clash vibe has seen Lazertits steadily build up a name on the home scene. And while the EP's four tracks don't even reach 15 minutes in total, they do all exhibit a catchy, off-kilter quality, filled with catchy riffs, choppy harmonising and plenty of girrl power. (Little Indie Blogs)
                                                          Lazertits - Ladies

'Bites Will Bleed' is taken from the Melbourne trio's Loose Tooth 'Saturn Returns', the debut EP out April 1 through Courtney Barnett's Milk! Records label, and follows last August's debut single 'Everything Changes'. Recorded by Paul Maybury (Rocket Science, The Pink Tiles) and mastered by Mikey Young, ‘Bites Will Bleed’ chugs out plenty of feisty guitar riffs, sweetened by soaring vocal and some psych harmonies. (Little Indie Blogs)
                                                          Loose Tooth - Bites Will Bleed

Vile As You Want is the new single from Warrington agit-indie rockers Man & The Echo. It’s packed with jangles, verve, swagger, witty and thought provoking words, and wrapped up in a tune that kicks away at the shins of your conciusness till you can’t ignore it. (Backseat Mafia)
                                                          Man & The Echo - Vile As You Want

The five-piece produces a sound that is thick and rich, and if you close your eyes, it feels like you’re being enveloped into it. On “Deconstruct,” the first song from their new album, Endless Light, O’Brother delve into their trademark heavy, spacey territory that might be appreciated by fans of Torche or Jupiter-era Cave In, but is slightly tighter and more concise structurally than what the band has produced in the past. Frontman Tanner Merritt described it as “apocalyptic space-pop.” (Noisey)
                                                          O'Brother - Deconstruct

Parkwave started back in 2013 and today sees them reveal their new track "(De)Construction". The band sound like they draw influences from Interpol, The Strokes and Franz Ferdinand as "(De)Construction" sounds like a track right from the late 00's. (It'a All Indie)
                                                          Parkwave - (De)Construction

Sundara Karma return with their first release of 2016 sharing new single A Young Understanding. Another soaring effort that sees the band tighten their sound at a searing pace, with its clattering percussion and buoyant chug of uplifting guitars, their first steps in to the year ahead prove to be just as coherent as past material gearing us up nicely for what lays in store. (Scientists Of Sound)
                                                          Sundara Karma - A Young Understanding

Vancouver rockers Twin River released their debut album, Should The Light Go Out, early last year. Now they’re following it up with a new 7? single, plus a second full-length to come later this year. A-side “Antony” switches out the tuneful garage-pop of their debut for something dreamier and grander, conjuring up some of the dusty, open-road majesty of the War On Drugs. (Stereogum)
                                                          Twin River - Antony

Wild Nothing’s album Life Of Pause is out next week, and today we get to preview another song from it. This latest advance track is called “Women’s Wisdom,” and it steers Jack Tatum’s typical shimmering ’80s pop back toward complex ’70s singer-songwriter AM gold. It’s really good, existing somewhere between Jim O’Rourke and Tobias Jesso Jr. without completely abandoning Wild Nothing’s signature sound. (Stereogum)
                                                          Wild Nothing - A Woman's Wisdom

‘Victorious (National Anthem)’ is aclattering, battering introduction to Yak's debut album ‘Alas Salvation’. It’s a runaway freight train from the opening seconds. Dipping and diving in a manner more deranged than Yak have ever put to tape previously, it gleefully jumps from fidgety pace to curb-stomping, bassy breakdowns and back again, not a care in the world for convention. An indecisive child in a sweet shop packed full of e-numbers, ‘Victorious’ barges in and skips back out in two minutes flat, all manner of chaos enacted in the interim. (DIY Magazine)
                                                          Yak - Victorious (National Anthem)
                                                          My Likes On Soundcloud
                                                          Last.fm

Comment

My top 3 of today:
                                                            Lazertits - Ladies
                                                            Loose Tooth - Bites Will Bleed
                                                            Twin River - Antony

Comment

February 10

Dirty Dishes are back with a new single, “All Of Me,” which finds songwriter and vocalist Jenny Tuite singing saccharine one-liners like “you make sense to me” over a wall-of-sound. It’s an experiment in dichotomy that works really, really well. (Stereogum)
                                                              Dirty Dishes - All Of Me

DZ Deathrays have returned in a big way with rocking new tune "Blood On My Leather." The stand-alone single is exactly what you'd expect from duo Shane Parsons and Simon Ridley. The key ingredients, a gut wrenching guitar riff, pounding drumming and Parson's familiar howl are all there, resulting in a stew of classic rock melodies with a sprinkling of punk ethos. (Indie Shuffle)
                                                              DZ Deathrays - Blood On My Leather

Morby is only 27 short years-old, but on "I Have Been to the Mountain" you'd think him three decades older, looking back on a life well-lived from a porch on a shack in the middle of the desert while vultures pick at bones. Morby has spent the last ten or so years touring the country, and there is surely some road weariness here. But there's also the meat of a more common exhaustion: love, then heartbreak, dissolution, existential longing. (SPIN)
                                                              Kevin Morby - I Have Been To The Mountain

Rosa Walton and Jenny Hollingworth started Let's Eat Grandma two years ago. Now they found a good home with Transgressive Records—home to Foals, Flume, and the newly-reformed At The Drive-In—and have a debut single to show for their two years of sporadic touring and homework. "Deep Six Textbook" is a gorgeous slow-burner of a track, embracing the pat-a-cake eccentricities that make the band's live sets so disturbing and adding layers of breathy harmonies on top. (Noisey)
                                                              Let's Eat Grandma - Deep Six Textbook

Elegantly constructed, Oracle North’s architectural take on post-punk draws threads between everything from New Order to The xx in its striking execution. In their new video for ‘Communion’ that careful consideration of every move comes to the fore. Centred around spiralling keys, Oracle North fashion an ornate surrounding to ‘Communion’s skeletal backbone, washes of acid synth-work and barbed-wire guitar breaking free of the construct. Visually, it’s just as arresting, dark, occult-esque imagery combining with the track’s bleaker influences to both dazzling and haunting effect. (DIY Magazine)
                                                              Oracle North - Communion

Perhapsy is the project of Astronauts, etc and Bells Atlas guitarist Derek Barber. All My Soul Swallowed, is the first single off his upcoming sophomore album Me Tie Dough-ty Walker — due for release on March 3rd. It is a real cracker too, as driving guitar riffs emerge from walls of feedback and propelling drums — a springboard for Barber’s hushed and urgent vocals. Early Yo La Tengo, late-era Sonic Youth, and post-XO Elliott Smith are touchstones here. (The Mad Mackerel)
                                                              Perhapsy - All My Soul Swallowed

Plague Vendor’s latest cut of barbed punk-rock is short, sharp and snappy. Sweat-drenched and psychotic, Plague Vendor’s grizzled punk comes fixed with thousand-yard stare. Pairing the deranged with the dreamy, on ‘Credentials’ they succumb to their own hypnotism. (DIY Magazine)
                                                              Plague Vendor - Credentials

Rob Crow’s band, which features a former member of Heavy Vegetable and several of Crow’s other close friends, has helped him achieve a sound that’s more locked and loaded than anything he’s done in recent memory. Take new single “Oh, The Sadmakers”, for example. Despite the, um, gloomy name, there’s an undeniable sense of humor poking through the song’s infectious mixture of progressive rock and straightforward pop. (Consequence Of Sound)
                                                              Rob Crow's Gloomy Place - Oh, The Sadmakers

The Thermals' upcoming seventh record, We Disappear, will be released on March 25 via Saddle Creek Records, and it’s another fiery entry in the band’s catalog. Today they are premiering “My Heart Went Cold,” appropriately timed for all of those dreading Valentine’s Day, below. It’s a track that makes closing off sound mighty appealing, as vocalist-guitarist Hutch Harris sings the song’s title along with some infectious, “Whoa-oh_oh”s, making the song a celebration for spurned lovers everywhere. (A.V. Club)
                                                              Thermals - My Heart Went Cold

Deltasonic’s psychedelic rockers The Vryll Society have announced the release of their brand new single Self Realization, the latest offering from one of the most spine-tingling bands around. The track, a speedy excursion of Kraut pop, esoteric sounds and howling screams that climaxes in a psychedelic freak-out, is sure to increase their profile further. The Liverpool band’s melodic, psychedelic/space rock sound has lead to comparisons with Spacemen 3, The Horrors, The Verve and The Stone Roses and with an already well-built fan base and reputation under their belts, it’s not surprising Deltasonic Records had so much faith when signing them. (XS Noize)
                                                              Vryll Society - Self Realization
                                                              My Likes On Soundcloud
                                                              Last.fm

Comment

Working...
                                                              X