Ultimate Female Acts 2016 - ** WINNER ANNOUNCED **

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rebecca Black needs more luv
    Poor Astrud. Barely missing the top 300. I'm happy someone else voted for her.
    #JusticeforBrazilianSingers

[50 POINTS] -
    [49 POINTS] - Rebecca Black
    [48 POINTS] -
    [47 POINTS] - The Chordettes
    [46 POINTS] -
    [45 POINTS] -
    [44 POINTS] -
    [43 POINTS] -
    [42 POINTS] -
    [41 POINTS] -
    [40 POINTS] -
    [39 POINTS] - Astrud Gilberto
    [38 POINTS] - Carmen Miranda
    [37 POINTS] -
    [36 POINTS] - Dalva de Oliveira
    [35 POINTS] - Salt N Pepa
    [34 POINTS] -
    [33 POINTS] -
    [32 POINTS] -
    [31 POINTS] -
    Most weeks at #1: Gwen Stefani - Make Me Like You
    Highest peaking classical music piece: Beethoven - Ode to Joy

Comment

Originally posted by Carbon
      353 ¬ 45 points ¬ Joanna Newsom - brilliant musician and writer! who was the person who gave her 4 points?
      Bojan!

Will give your tracks a listen!

Comment

LaToya Jackson at 650. I guess Janet wins this intense sister rivalry.

Comment

Originally posted by biscuits
          LaToya Jackson at 650. I guess Janet wins this intense sister rivalry.
          LaToya Jackson isn't even the 1st or 2nd highest ranked LaToya.

Comment

Khia <3, Trina, Shardinay, Courtney Love, Letoya!
            Haven't been early since '88

Comment

Originally posted by Wayne

683 ¬ 4 points ¬ Britt Nicole

Way to low - Britt has some amazing songs and defs deserved more points
              677 ¬ 5 points ¬ Heidi Montag
              665 ¬ 8 points ¬ Scarlette Belle
              589 ¬ 16 points ¬ Wynter Gordon

[quote:2od69gmq]Surprised to see Wynter so low as well. Its amazing how quickly she faded into a non-event
              547 ¬ 22 points ¬ Dami Im
              474 ¬ 32 points ¬ Tegan & Sara
              446 ¬ 35 points ¬ Dusty Springfield

Dusty is way to low as well - such an early pinnacle of music.
              347 ¬ 46 points ¬ Cher Lloyd
              343 ¬ 47 points ¬ Pixie Lott
              313 ¬ 53 points ¬ Ricki-Lee Coulter
              289 ¬ 67 points ¬ Diana Vickers

Amazed that Diana Vickers was unable to crack into the Top200. One of the best people / performers to come out of Xfactor. If you haven't checked her out before - I definitely recommend going and listening to Songs From A Tainted Cherry Tree,
              257 ¬ 80 points ¬ Dannii Minogue

Dannii once again first to go of the sisters. UK Dance Queen should be much higher as well.
              [/quote:2od69gmq]
              Originally posted by SummerPeur
              Time stops for the Kween everytime WBT is performed.
              Originally posted by Goldmoney
              So does her microphone

Comment

544 ¬ 22 points ¬ Stefanie Henzmann
                478 ¬ 31 points ¬ Stefanie Heinzmann

Comment

Originally posted by Wayne
                  BUBBLING UNDER

629 ¬ 12 points ¬ Sarah Michelle Gellar

Cue the errors...
                  is she really singer? Couldn't find any releases from her...
                  Welcome to the underworld
                  Where the love's at first sight
                  The kind that we like
                  Under, under, under, underworld

Comment

Justina Bieber

Comment

573 ¬ 18 points ¬ Chrisette Michelle
                      545 ¬ 22 points ¬ Victoria Monet
                      516 ¬ 26 points ¬ Teyana Taylor
                      450 ¬ 35 points ¬ Stacie Orrico
                      371 ¬ 43 points ¬ Chante Moore

<3
                      See, I'm looking for a man that'll rub me slow, make me sing real high when he goes down low

Comment

Comment

Great act to start us off and pleased to see them back in the top 100.

Only 7 groups in the top 100 though?

Comment

the surge is thanks to the album cup of course

P.S. great design, Wayne!
                            last.fm

Comment

some great acts out already

BUBBLING UNDER

707 ¬ 1 points ¬ Skylar Grey - didn't vote for her but i enjoy her stuff, 1 point is definitely insufficient
                              690 ¬ 3 points ¬ Jentina - "French Kisses" is legendary
                              687 ¬ 4 points ¬ Lights - "Second Go" is legendary
                              679 ¬ 5 points ¬ Kristina Maria - "Let's Play" is legendary
                              655 ¬ 9 points ¬ Agnes Obel - don't know a lot of her stuff but just discovered "Familiar" and i love it
                              631 ¬ 12 points ¬ Stooshe - they had so much potential, still enjoy "Betty Woz Gone" a lot
                              630 ¬ 12 points ¬ LaFee - qween of my childhood
                              627 ¬ 12 points ¬ Zella Day - almost voted for her, her debut is nice!
                              626 ¬ 13 points ¬ Barbara Markay - can't believe i'm the only one who voted for the woman who introduced sex to the music industry and revolutionized it, Madonna whew?
                              625 ¬ 13 points ¬ K3 - only 13 points "Oma's aan de Top" slays careers
                              606 ¬ 14 points ¬ Marie Serneholt - "I Need A House" and "That's The Way My Heart Goes" are legendary
                              596 ¬ 16 points ¬ Brandi Carlile - "The Story" is legendary
                              594 ¬ 16 points ¬ Shontelle - "Impossible" is legendary
                              589 ¬ 16 points ¬ Wynter Gordon - she got 10 points from me, REALLY thought she would be more popular here
                              556 ¬ 21 points ¬ Shy'm - "Et Alors?" is legendary
                              488 ¬ 31 points ¬ Kiesza - she has some bops
                              479 ¬ 31 points ¬ Lenka - "The Show" and "Trouble Is A Friend" are legendary
                              478 ¬ 31 points ¬ Stefanie Heinzmann - damn forgot to vote for her, her discography is solid
                              476 ¬ 32 points ¬ Alex Winston - "Careless" is legendary
                              450 ¬ 35 points ¬ Stacie Orrico - 29 points from me basically the same as Wynter Gordon
                              393 ¬ 40 points ¬ Helene Fischer - 40 points too much tbh love Atemlos tho
                              391 ¬ 41 points ¬ Dolores O'Riordan
                              379 ¬ 42 points ¬ Jill Scott - "Golden" is legendary
                              325 ¬ 49 points ¬ Rebecca Black - queen of pop
                              319 ¬ 51 points ¬ Katy B - forgot to vote for her too
                              293 ¬ 64 points ¬ Dua Lipa - shame she's gotten so basic lately, still kinda excited for her music
                              279 ¬ 72 points ¬ Khia - she'd be in my votes if i knew about Santa Baby earlier
                              270 ¬ 75 points ¬ Aura Dione - didn't vote for her but she has some gems in her discography (Friends, Geronimo, etc.)
                              264 ¬ 77 points ¬ Alessia Cara- her debut was nice, particularly liked "My Song" and "Here"
                              ˇEh, mamá!
                              Me quiero matar
                              El mundo se va a la mierda
                              Y no he hecho nada

Comment

Wayne is SLAYING with this layout.
                                "King isn't overrated, your fave is just undertalented."

Comment

but seriously it looks amazing, even better than last year!

if I hosted this, it'd probably end up like

last.fm

Comment

En Vogue had some nice songs in the 90s, nice to see they made it here since it seems like they do get lost in the shuffle of the 90s urban girl groups when pitted next to TLC and Destiny's Child, even though they were the first of the batch.

Love "Hold On" especially.

26. Courtney Barnett [#514]
                                    30. Linda Ronstadt [#281]
                                    32. Carly Simon [#253]
                                    33. Jody Watley [#397]
                                    36. The Pointer Sisters [#572]
                                    39. Laurie Anderson [#301]
                                    45. Laura Branigan [#416]
                                    47. Jenny Lewis [#426]
                                    My top 100 artists (2018 edition)

Comment

Originally posted by NothingFails
                                      En Vogue had some nice songs in the 90s, nice to see they made it here since it seems like they do get lost in the shuffle of the 90s urban girl groups when pitted next to TLC and Destiny's Child, even though they were the first of the batch.

Love "Hold On" especially.
                                      And they can sang! Best vocal group forever

Comment

Very nicely presented Wayne!

678 ¬ 5 points ¬ Taylor Dayne - People say she was similar Anastacia, I hear that, she was good, not a fan of the most of the songs I've heard though.
                                        676 ¬ 5 points ¬ Neneh Cherry - Like her style.
                                        664 ¬ 8 points ¬ Santigold - Love the sound of her voice, great style, like listeing to her.
                                        660 ¬ 8 points ¬ Sharleen Spiteri - Used to like her more, nice voice, she should make another solo album.
                                        649 ¬ 10 points ¬ Christina Grimmie - RIP.
                                        641 ¬ 10 points ¬ Tune Yards - She's interesting.
                                        623 ¬ 13 points ¬ Nina Hagen - Amazing voice, kind of gone off her lately though, the quality of her albums is so inconsistent. Love this live performance from her: New York, New York
                                        601 ¬ 15 points ¬ Cibo Matto - Refreshing duo, really been enjoying them, nice trip hop sound.
                                        582 ¬ 17 points ¬ Linda Perhacs - Beautiful and relaxing sound/voice.
                                        576 ¬ 18 points ¬ Terri Walker - She's talented.
                                        558 ¬ 21 points ¬ Loretta Lynn - Great country voice, legend.
                                        549 ¬ 22 points ¬ Poe - I need a third album from her, she is great, sultry and edgy voice.
                                        535 ¬ 24 points ¬ Laura Nyro - Recent discovery for me, she was amazing, soulful music.
                                        533 ¬ 24 points ¬ Alison Moyet - I liked her last album.
                                        514 ¬ 26 points ¬ Courtney Barnett - She is a cool new act, reminds me a little of Sheryl Crow.
                                        506 ¬ 28 points ¬ First Aid Kit - Great.
                                        498 ¬ 29 points ¬ Lianna La Havas - Need to get around to hearing her album, like her.
                                        495 ¬ 30 points ¬ Annette Peacock - Unique style, still exploring her but she is amazing.
                                        490 ¬ 30 points ¬ Clare Maguire Wow thought she would have a few more points after all this time! Great voice, she has kind of lost me lately but will try her new album.
                                        479 ¬ 31 points ¬ Lenka - Cute style.
                                        476 ¬ 32 points ¬ Alex Winston - She reminds me of Kate Bush vocally so much, I like her songs.
                                        468 ¬ 32 points ¬ Eddi Reader - Lovely voice.
                                        450 ¬ 35 points ¬ Stacie Orrico - I randomly love "I Could Be The One", one of my most played songs!
                                        431 ¬ 37 points ¬ Gemma Ray - Gorgeous voice and I love her dark moody sound.
                                        422 ¬ 38 points ¬ Annie - Surprised she is still so low, I know she has more fans here! Still so underrated, shame.
                                        417 ¬ 38 points ¬ Jem - I always come back to Jem, enjoy listening to her.
                                        406 ¬ 39 points ¬ Natalie Merchant
                                        390 ¬ 41 points ¬ Julia Holter
                                        383 ¬ 42 points ¬ Emma Bunton - Guilty pleasure but she does have some really good songs in fact and her voice is sweet.
                                        382 ¬ 42 points ¬ Jenny Hval - She is so great, quite a raw sound, experimental, love that.
                                        378 ¬ 42 points ¬ Suzanne Vega - Love her, great voice.
                                        374 ¬ 43 points ¬ Judee Sill - So stunning, "The Kiss" and "There's a Rugged Road" are two of my fave songs ever! So sad what happened to her.
                                        369 ¬ 43 points ¬ Rumer - Beautiful and silky voice.
                                        354 ¬ 45 points ¬ Larkin Grimm - My love of off-kilter/weird folk means I adore Larkin, great voice and unique style, I desperately need a new studio album from her.
                                        353 ¬ 45 points ¬ Joanna Newsom - Unique voice, not always easy to listen to but I like the challenge.
                                        335 ¬ 48 points ¬ KD Lang - I go on and off her but her voice is stunning and I love some of her songs.
                                        301 ¬ 59 points ¬ Laurie Anderson - A one off, so original and innovative.
                                        291 ¬ 65 points ¬ Melody Gardot - Sultry and breathy voice, such a joy.
                                        281 ¬ 72 points ¬ Roisin Murphy - My promo flopped a bit. Her voice is unique and adds a great flavor to her songs, adore her.
                                        278 ¬ 73 points ¬ Lissie - Pretty voice, reminds me of Stevie Nicks at times.
                                        266 ¬ 76 points ¬ Nerina Pallot - One of my fave ladies, she is an all rounder, diverse and charismatic.
                                        252 ¬ 84 points ¬ Bat for Lashes
                                        My tits are made of silicone, just like the Earth and sea...

Comment

296 points out of just 9 voters is pretty cool for En Vogue...They were ranked #15 on my list

Comment

Pixie Lott, Ella Eyre, Fleur East and Aura Dione should be higher. :(

Skylar Grey deserves better as well. I would have given her a few points, if I hadn't completely forgotten to vote for her.

Comment

Great desing.
                                              Whitney Houston

Comment

Originally posted by Carbon
                                                but seriously it looks amazing, even better than last year!

if I hosted this, it'd probably end up like

My tits are made of silicone, just like the Earth and sea...

Comment

I would probably just add a picture with the place and the amount of votes + maybe who voted.
                                                  Whitney Houston

Comment

Originally posted by Nippian93
                                                    I would probably just add a picture with the place and the amount of votes + maybe who voted.
                                                    I have to keep some space as I will need it the further up the countdown we go. At the moment, we're only really seeing acts with 10-14 voters.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X