No announcement yet.

Top Female-led Singles 2000-2009 Countdown - COMPLETED

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The A New Day Has Come era as a whole is super special for me.

I knew a lot of her music before this album and era via my mum who’s a massive Céline fan but it wasn’t until this album and era that my personal fandom started and I truly discovered my favourite artist of all-time (more specially, by watching her comeback concert at the Kodak Theatre in 2002 which prompted this album).

The song is bright, it’s poisitive and it’s sung in such a beautiful way.

She’s been my musical muse ever since, an enormous influence on me. Delighted that the song made the top 10, even without me slinging 50 points it’s way.

Comment

• "A New Day Has Come" is indeed one of Celine's finest and best singles (It almost made my list).
      Britney Spears . Michael Jackson . Madonna . Metallica . Radiohead . Led Zeppelin . Oasis . Beyoncé . Soda Stereo

Comment

• [center:3ktvb798]

[youtube:3ktvb798]elueA2rofoo[/youtube:3ktvb798][/center:3ktvb798]

Comment

• [center:16gbbhbl]

[youtube:16gbbhbl]CvBfHwUxHIk[/youtube:16gbbhbl][/center:16gbbhbl]

Comment

• [center:e0l6ykt3]

[youtube:e0l6ykt3]ViwtNLUqkMY[/youtube:e0l6ykt3][/center:e0l6ykt3]

Comment

• Re: Top Female-led Singles 2000-2009 Countdown - #7-#5

Congratulations to Jay-Z for landing two songs in the top ten of the Female-led singles countdown

Comment

• Originally posted by cheapthrills
                Congratulations to Jay-Z for landing two songs in the top ten of the Female-led singles countdown

Umbrella and Crazy In Love are classics.
                Floped and localed

Comment

I can't believe Umbrella and Gimme More are in the top 10, particularly because those two ladies released much better tracks during the period.
                  See latest news on Reports, Infractions & Bans
                  See The Report Card - Weekly Top Songs

Comment

Gimme More is trash.
                    Umbrella is classic and my last song.
                    Crazy In Love is great but I always found it a little overrated.

Comment

• Originally posted by bm08
                      I can't believe Umbrella and Gimme More are in the top 10, particularly because those two ladies released much better tracks during the period.
                      I totally agree with this especially Gimme More. Nothing special about that song

Comment

Looks like Crazy In Love will be the most iconic song in the top 10.
                        Cha Cha Instructor

Comment

• Top 10 so far is amazing !

Comment

• Quite surprised Gimme More over some of her other releases during this decade. I'm kicking myself for not voting for Break The Ice.

Comment

Gimmie More is the tits. Amongst the best of the best.
                              Originally posted by SummerPeur
                              Time stops for the Kween everytime WBT is performed.
                              Originally posted by Goldmoney
                              So does her microphone

Comment

• I was expecting "Crazy in Love" to be in the Top 2. So it kinda suprises me to see it leaving at #5, it really is a timeless song.

As for "Gimme More" even though I didn't vote for it I was sure it was going to make the top 10 even before the countdown started, it seems to be a huge favorite Britney tune and it only gets more and more liked over the years. There seems to be a low-key fascination for that song among pop followers.

----

So for the Top 4, we have the following songs:

Alicia Keys - Fallin'
                                Lady Gaga - Bad Romance
                                Mariah Carey - We Belong Together
                                Britney Spears - Toxic

I have no single doubts that "We Belong Together" will be the #1, its super obvious (lots of Mariah fans here, a lot of urban fans, etc). Its totally predictable.
                                Britney Spears . Michael Jackson . Madonna . Metallica . Radiohead . Led Zeppelin . Oasis . Beyoncé . Soda Stereo

Comment

And totally deserved

Comment

• Also it’s the best song left

Comment

• Out of the 4 songs left "Fallin" is IMO the more deserving one for #1, but I know its impossible for Alicia to make it at #1.

Comment

Fallin and Bad Romance shouldn’t be this high

Comment

• Bad Romance and Toxic being this high is totally deserved tho.

Comment

I voted for every song in the top five, so you can blame me.

Comment

• Toxic and We belong together are good songs, the other two a disaster
                                              I am not trying to seduce you... Would you like me to seduce you? Is that what you're trying to tell me?

Comment

I hope GaGa is #1 or Britney. Alicia has had better and I don’t like anything about Mariah teebs (though WBT is her best song).

Comment

• Originally posted by biscuits
                                                  Bad Romance shouldn’t be this high

Comment

• Originally posted by biscuits
                                                    Fallin and Bad Romance shouldn’t be this high
                                                    Both deserve top50 max.
                                                    Originally posted by SummerPeur
                                                    Time stops for the Kween everytime WBT is performed.
                                                    Originally posted by Goldmoney
                                                    So does her microphone

Comment

Working...
                                                    X