No announcement yet.

The 62nd Annual Grammy Awards (2020)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I just check some facts and I was surprised to notice that Céline has been snubbed since 2001

Barbra is always on lock for Best traditional pop. Trump had nothing to do with her nomination. She is the female Tony Bennet. Mariah and Madonna should just transition to that genre instead of trying to compete with the younger 20-something newcomers in the pop/r&b fields.

Comment

• Some of these Stan meltdown are pretty funny.

If certain people don’t get nominated it’s instantly a snub! Not 5 other artists were more deserving.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ewokguy15 View Post
        Not 5 other artists were more deserving.
        Exactly! haven't they thought about the fact that, maybe, just maybe, their faves' work this year wasn't really that good?

Comment

• Originally posted by TIfan View Post
          I love her nominations. There are times that I have scratched my head with some if her previous wins/nods but I think Bey is deserving. Her vocals on Spirit alone are definitely Grammy worthy. I do believe that Bey should have submitted IASF to Pop instead of R&B (my opinion).
          Oh wow, I actually felt the same way. I Am... Sasha Fierce did not deserve to win Best Contemporary R&B Album, not because it's a bad album but because it wasn't R&B. But 2008/2009 was the year when R&B artists started to dig into more Poppy sound but they're still labelled as 'R&B' because of their previous work so I understand her placement.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ewokguy15 View Post
            Some of these Stan meltdown are pretty funny.

If certain people don’t get nominated it’s instantly a snub! Not 5 other artists were more deserving.
            Originally posted by babyshower View Post
            Exactly! haven't they thought about the fact that, maybe, just maybe, their faves' work this year wasn't really that good?
            A farting noise is better quality music than Lil Nas X's 7 in AOTY so... Let's not pretend the nominations were ever deserving for the most part.
            I have received many gifts from God,
            but this is the first time I have ever received a gift from a goddess

Don McLean on Madonna's version of American Pie

Comment

• That is only YOUR opinion. The academy is entitled to disagree.

Comment

• ^LOL. Pretty much opinion of anyone normal. But nice trys at shading more deserving artists.

Comment

• It’s the opinion of people who know music a lot better than any of us.

Comment

• Legend Barbra getting nominated at 75. Definitely shows the Grammy's are not ageist. Walter Afanssief did some great with her on Walls.

Comment

• Originally posted by beredy View Post
                      ^LOL. Pretty much opinion of anyone normal. But nice trys at shading more deserving artists.
                      calm down
                      Forever Young

Comment

• Originally posted by JeremySpears View Post
                        They are literally only about what’s hot on the charts + Beyoncé. They went from being the most important award to being the most laughable award. I mean "7" for AOTY? Lizzo‘s song that wasn’t released during the eligibility period being nominated?

Mariah, Madonna and AURORA I‘m SO sorry.
                        Good point here on Lizzo. Did they change the rules again? I know for BNA it's when the artist becomes most popular or gets their breakthrough but I thought for record the song had to be released during the eligibility period?

Comment

• Apparently the loophole was that the song was never submitted before and it was eligible because it was released on an album that was released during the eligibility period. But Grammy's certainly found a way to give her a lot of noms by handing every song to different genre category too. Surprised they didn't find something to fit country, gospel or rock the way they were at it.

Comment

• How is it what's hot on the charts if there are Lana, Bon Iver, H.E.R , Vampire Weekend and Brandi Carlile in the general field for starters?

Eligibilty probably also depends on when a song first charted and if it was previously submitted. Submitting Live versions of hit songs the following year has also always been a way to cheat the system.
                            MY INSTAGRAM

Free Amazon Vouchers

Comment

• ^^^ Gotcha! It just occured to me that Lizzo is always referred to as a "rapper" but she has NO nominations in the rap categories...things that make you go hmm.

Comment

• It's not true that the Grammys are all about chart success. Some nominees are people I've never heard of. Besides Lizzo, H.E.R. and Chris Brown, most of the nominees on the R&B field are people with videos with no more than 10 million views. I'm glad I got to know them this way because I was pleasantly surprised by some of them
                                Last edited by babyshower; Thu November 21st, 2019, 19:01.

Comment

• I expected Lizzo to have most nominations followed by Billie and Ariana.

It's funny to see Beyonce being nominated for best pop vocal album and pop vocal performance. She def didn't deserved it, while Homecoming album didn't get any, just for Best music film.

I'm happy to see FKA and Tove Lo, The Chemical Brothers got nomination, while Cellophane deserved ROTY nomination, sadly she didn't get that one.

I'm sad that Robyn is snubbed, agan and again. Madonna too, Carly Rae Jepsen had great pop album. I hoped Rosalia will get more than 2 nominations, AOTY would've been huge for latin album.

I don't understand love for H.E.R., she's like new Tori Kelly for me, she doesn't appeal to me at all, and I don't know anyone who's into her music either.

Lil Nas X nomination for AOTY is a joke, but hey music industry was a joke to him too over the past year.

I'm so so so happy to see Lana in big categories, being recognized finally, glad to se Bon, Vampire Weekend, and Anderson Paak.

I expected more for The 1975.

It was funny to see that they nominated Gaga for SOTY, I mean, beautiful song, but it feels like they needed to nominate her somewhere in big 3, feels forced, just like Beyonce.

It’s weird that there’s no Bruce Springsteen, Mark Ronson, Sam Smith and Normani, Maren Morris, Sharon Van Etten, Hot Chip.
                                  BEST SONGS&ALBUMS OF 2017
                                  YOURS, FOREVER. // JOSS JONES (Tracklist)

Comment

• Originally posted by beredy View Post
                                    A farting noise is better quality music than Lil Nas X's 7 in AOTY so... Let's not pretend the nominations were ever deserving for the most part.
                                    The EP is quality from start to finish and just because you dislike it that does not mean everyone else does. It also features the longest running number one in history Old Town Road and the top 5 follow up Panini.

The absolute meltdowns from certain fanbases over these nominations are ridiculous.

Comment

• Still baffled by H.E.R.'s nominations. She's had back to back AOTY noms for mediocre EP compilations. They haven't been well received either comercially or critically, so how did she get it... twice??
                                      Rest In Peace Lilly!

Comment

• She is a Grammy darling, aparently. For how long will it go tho? Bruce's snub is the one that shocked me the most. Well respected veteran act who was once a Grammy darling himself in his hey days? check. Critically acclaimed comeback album? check. Critically acclaimed documentary? check. Respectable commercial performance for a 70 years old white dude in 2019? check. The Grammys already have a long history of snubbing Madonna, Mariah Carey, Cher, Carly Rae Jepsen and Robyn. Fans expecting to see them were simply delusional. It really hurt pop divas "of certain age" the new rules about non mainstream pop acts to be considered for the Best dance recording category. Wouldn't THAT be treated as misogyny?
                                        Last edited by babyshower; Thu November 21st, 2019, 21:46.

Comment

• Originally posted by InFamous View Post
                                          The EP is quality from start to finish and just because you dislike it that does not mean everyone else does. It also features the longest running number one in history Old Town Road and the top 5 follow up Panini.

The absolute meltdowns from certain fanbases over these nominations are ridiculous.
                                          I feel sad for your ears.

Comment

• 20 weeks at number one. Now it's time for my panini, been looking forward to it all evening.

Comment

• It didn’t crack 20 weeks, thank the lawdt.
                                              Originally posted by Kaloki
                                              I don't understand why WBT still isn't at #1 tbh.

Comment

• Originally posted by babyshower View Post
                                                She is a Grammy darling, aparently. For how long will it go tho? Bruce's snub is the one that shocked me the most. Well respected veteran act who was once a Grammy darling himself in his hey days? check. Critically acclaimed comeback album? check. Critically acclaimed documentary? check. Respectable commercial performance for a 70 years old white dude in 2019? check. The Grammys already have a long history of snubbing Madonna, Mariah Carey, Cher, Carly Rae Jepsen and Robyn. Fans expecting to see them were simply delusional. It really hurt pop divas "of certain age" the new rules about non mainstream pop acts to be considered for the Best dance recording category. Wouldn't THAT be treated as misogyny?
                                                I am so pleased to see legend Barbra nominated for Walls. Walter Afasanief being involved in another Grammy nominated project, really cementing himself as one of the most successful producers/writers in history. But Barbra being nominated for her 36th album is really noteworthy. I am rooting for her.

Comment

• Originally posted by Goldmoney View Post
                                                  It didn’t crack 20 weeks, thank the lawdt.
                                                  It was robbed.

Comment

• Originally posted by dylonj View Post
                                                    ^^^ Gotcha! It just occured to me that Lizzo is always referred to as a "rapper" but she has NO nominations in the rap categories...things that make you go hmm.
                                                    The committee’s only logical point of the year
                                                    Originally posted by Kaloki
                                                    I don't understand why WBT still isn't at #1 tbh.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X