The 62nd Annual Grammy Awards (2020)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by UndercovaSista View Post
    Well, I'm pretty sure of what I said, but I respect if you disagree.
    If you and your peers of the R&B committee vote for five albums, some of them might not be nominated as other members of different committees can vote for different albums on the R&B category. That's what I'm trying to say
    As a singer, songwriter and producer Bruno Mars has sold over 169 million singles

Comment

• I am still shook that Babs was nominated. Legend.

Comment

• After taking a closer look at the nominations the big snubs are Halsey's "Without Me"; Sam Smith & Normani "Dancing with a Stranger", Panic at The Disco "High Hopes" and Twenty One Pilots "Trech"
        Last edited by frrr; Sun November 24th, 2019, 12:52.
        As a singer, songwriter and producer Bruno Mars has sold over 169 million singles

Comment

• I'm expecting Shawn Mendes to perform again with his favorite guitar.

Also, for some reason I have a feeling this GRAMMY's might be the most star-studded event we're gonna have in a while. These past award shows I feel like Taylor Swift is really the only A-list celebrity who always showed up. That would be really, really great if we could have Taylor, Rihanna, Drake, Beyonce, Lady Gaga, The Weeknd, Adele & Bruno Mars all perform at this upcoming award show.

Comment

• Originally posted by frrr View Post
            I have no doubts Billie Eilish will sweep everything. If the album wins Best Engineered Album, Non-Classical she will sweep every nom she has. It has been this way for the past few years.
            True! Looks like it's a giveaway with how none of the other General Field big nominees are nominated in that category.

Comment

After taking a closer look at the nominations the big snubs are Halsey's "Without Me"; Sam Smith & Normani "Dancing with a Stranger", Panic at The Disco "High Hopes" and Twenty One Pilots "Trech"
              Poor Halsey acting all butthurt over it at the AMA's lol. The sense of entitlement and faux disgust. Everyone knows if she was nominated and won she would run up the stage gushing and happily take the award.

Comment

• Not rewarding Halsey with a nomination is justified imo.
                ~ representing the LBC ~

Comment

• Originally posted by theMathematician View Post
                  Not rewarding Halsey with a nomination is justified imo.
                  She just came across as bitter and entitled. Not a good look for her. It's like I won this award so imma say this is the only one that matters, the one I wasn't nominated for means nothing.

Comment

• After hearing Halsey sing on the AMA's, the only nomination she would have deservedly scored would be for Worst Vocal Female Performance. Luckily they don't have that category.

Also, her music is really bad IMHO.
                    I have received many gifts from God,
                    but this is the first time I have ever received a gift from a goddess

Don McLean on Madonna's version of American Pie

Comment

No committee decides that. Pop categories were getting messy with six nominations that included live performances, eps by Coldplay thus the reason why creating such a committee. An academy member can vote in the genre of their committee and other categories if they are willing to do so, there is a limited number of categories you can vote but I can't remember the number.
                      you're mixing with screen committee and nomination committee. it's two different thing as undervovasista said. lol
                      POP is 100% based on vote which is why they're heavily driven by big name and hit singles.

https://www.grammy.com/grammys/awards/voting-process

Comment

• Well, them they need some for the pop, I don't understand why there isn't a nomiantions review comittee for pop, reggae, alternative and others...

Comment

• If anyone wants to join the AOTY nominee (and future winner) survivor game, round one is up and running and will be closed tomorrow morning.

I have received many gifts from God,
                          but this is the first time I have ever received a gift from a goddess

Don McLean on Madonna's version of American Pie

Comment

• After seeing how Billie stole the show at the AMAs, looks like she is going to either sweep or take home most of the awards. Even if she is absent at the previous award shows earlier this year, she still got acknowledged.

I think Lizzo is going to be the new Katy Perry (invited to perform but leaves empty-handed) and Ariana is going to be fully snubbed this time (almost all the award shows this year didn't show her love). That catty attitude with the Grammy producers early this year seemed to put off a lot of the major award show producers.

Comment

• Originally posted by GetBack View Post
                              After seeing how Billie stole the show at the AMAs, looks like she is going to either sweep or take home most of the awards. Even if she is absent at the previous award shows earlier this year, she still got acknowledged.

I think Lizzo is going to be the new Katy Perry (invited to perform but leaves empty-handed) and Ariana is going to be fully snubbed this time (almost all the award shows this year didn't show her love). That catty attitude with the Grammy producers early this year seemed to put off a lot of the major award show producers.
                              I personally think that was a really lame move on her part.

Comment

• Iggy Pop, Public Enemy, Roberta Flack, Isaac Hayes, More Get Lifetime Achievement Grammys

Today (December 19), the Recording Academy has announced that Iggy Pop, Public Enemy, Chicago, John Prine, Roberta Flack, Isaac Hayes, and Sister Rosetta Tharpe will receive Lifetime Achievement Grammy Awards. The presentation ceremony will take place April 18, 2020, at the Pasadena Civic Auditorium.

In addition to the Lifetime Achievement Award, Ken Ehrlich, Philip Glass, and Frank Walker will be honored with the Trustees Award. “Our industry is one that prides itself on influence and paying it forward, and each year the Recording Academy has the privilege of honoring a select group of visionaries whose creative contributions have rippled throughout our culture,” Recording Academy President and CEO Deborah Dugan said in a press release. She added that the recipients of these Special Merit Awards “have molded their musical passion into pieces of history that will continue to influence and inspire generations of music creators and music lovers to come.”
                                >>>>>>>>>>> LAST.FM <<<<<<<<<

Comment

• Is it normal for them to not have announced the performers yet? Isn't the ceremony like just 2 weeks away?

Comment

• Originally posted by abi View Post
                                    Is it normal for them to not have announced the performers yet? Isn't the ceremony like just 2 weeks away?
                                    3 weeks away

Comment

• 5.05.2009 / 6.22.2011 / 4.24.2013 / 4.25.2013 / 3.1.2014 / 9.13.2014 / 7.21.2016 / 7.14.2018 / 7.15.2018

Comment

• I wonder if they will ever nominate Halsey again if her 2020 album becomes a huge hit. She's the most vocal about her shutout this year despite having a big year.

Comment

• Performers
                                          Ariana Grande
                                          Aerosmith
                                          Billie Eilish
                                          Blake Shelton & Gwen Stefani
                                          Lizzo

Comment

• Much surprised, very shocked.

Looking forward for her 'boyfriend' & his guitar to be announced next. Very exciting.

Comment

• Originally posted by GetBack View Post
                                              I wonder if they will ever nominate Halsey again if her 2020 album becomes a huge hit. She's the most vocal about her shutout this year despite having a big year.
                                              She was already snubbed for "hopeless fountain kingdom". Her only nominations were for "Closer" as Best Duo/Group, nothing for her own stuff so far even though she's quite big and there are so many other artists to get those nominations easily. If "Manic" gets praised by critics and still ends up with no nominations next year I'd be pissed as well if I'm being her.

Anyways, Demi Lovato was also announced as a performer.

Comment

• Originally posted by Tansike View Post
                                                She was already snubbed for "hopeless fountain kingdom". Her only nominations were for "Closer" as Best Duo/Group, nothing for her own stuff so far even though she's quite big and there are so many other artists to get those nominations easily. If "Manic" gets praised by critics and still ends up with no nominations next year I'd be pissed as well if I'm being her.
                                                The problem with her (and many artists like Solange too who is also vocal about these snubs) is that they act like they don't care about the validation when they are so pressed and mortified when they don't get nominations!
                                                Last edited by GetBack; Wed January 15th, 2020, 11:55.

Comment

• The line up this year looks awful. Isn't this next weekend? Things seem so lackluster this year...blah.

Comment

• MY INSTAGRAM

Free Amazon Vouchers

Comment

Working...
                                                    X