No announcement yet.

The 62nd Annual Grammy Awards (2020)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wait Aerosmith and RUN DMC? Why do we need to see this sell out pos performed in 2020?
    Originally posted by Kaloki
    I don't understand why WBT still isn't at #1 tbh.

Comment

• Yikes! I'm not looking forward to anyone.

Comment

• The line-up looks so... BBMA/AMA's-ish. Why are Blake Shelton & Gwen Stefani even here?

Comment

• Last edited by abi; Wed January 22nd, 2020, 08:20.

Comment

• We been knew!!

Comment

• The full document if anyone's interested:

https://assets.documentcloud.org/doc...7703/Dugan.pdf

Comment

• I hope more female artists will drop out of performing at Grammy Awards
                Cha Cha Instructor

Comment

• Hm, this will probably be the first year in a long time I won't get up in the middle of the night to try to find a link to watch it live...

Comment

• Both the Grammy's and the Oscars seems to need to be broken down and be build up from the ground, alongside other oldfashioned things in the business

Comment

• The Recording Academy being racist?
                      Groundbreaking.
                      But I'm glad someone at the top is exposing them.
                      Too little too late however.
                      5.05.2009 / 6.22.2011 / 4.24.2013 / 4.25.2013 / 3.1.2014 / 9.13.2014 / 7.21.2016 / 7.14.2018 / 7.15.2018

Comment

• I hope a whole bunch of artists will drop out of the ceremony and create more ruckus, this will affect their ratings even more, thus they will lose even more ad sales and revenue and that's where everything hurts, the mighty Dollar -the bottom line ...or just cancel the whole thing and clean up house...

but I guess I'm naive

Comment

• Lil Nas X is performing "Old Town Road" alongside BTS, Billy Ray Cyrus, Nas, the Walmart yodelling kid, and many more. This is gonna be a mess.

Comment

• Originally posted by abi View Post
                            Lil Nas X is performing "Old Town Road" alongside BTS, Billy Ray Cyrus, Nas, the Walmart yodelling kid, and many more. This is gonna be a mess.
                            Well, just like the whole ceremony. So it fits.

Comment

• This year seems so lackluster. Is it me or is there a lot less promo and hype this year?

Comment

• Originally posted by dylonj View Post
                                This year seems so lackluster. Is it me or is there a lot less promo and hype this year?
                                Not just you, I felt the same. But that's what I get from the previous few years that were already lackluster.

They really need to work on it and do a new concept. Plus they need to do an official livestream on YouTube. If the Eurovision Song Contest can do it, why not the Grammys?

Comment

• Originally posted by Tansike View Post
                                  They really need to work on it and do a new concept. Plus they need to do an official livestream on YouTube. If the Eurovision Song Contest can do it, why not the Grammys?
                                  Probably the contract with the network (that pays rights for the broadcast) prevents them.
                                  I have received many gifts from God,
                                  but this is the first time I have ever received a gift from a goddess

Don McLean on Madonna's version of American Pie

Comment

• Originally posted by Tansike View Post

Not just you, I felt the same. But that's what I get from the previous few years that were already lackluster.

For me it also has to do with the performers list. Out of all the performers announced, the one that really feels like an A-lister is honestly Ariana, and maybeeeeeeeeeeee The Jonas Brothers and BTS (internationally).

The rest are a bunch of B & C-listers that might have good stats on the charts whatsoever, but they don't feel like THE superstars that we had back in the day and they don't really make you wanna tune in the TV and see their performances. I don't have problems with them having less popular acts by the way, cause I'm all about supporting & giving platforms to less known acts, but these artists just don't have 'IT' I don't know how to explain it better.

Comment

• Originally posted by abi View Post

I'm guessing that the artist in question is H.E.R.? The love they've shown her the past few years has literally come from nowhere.
                                      Rest In Peace Lilly!

Comment

• Taylor's not performing (and attending) anymore.
                                        Cha Cha Instructor

Comment

• Originally posted by spiritboy View Post
                                          Taylor's not performing (and attending) anymore.
                                          Says?
                                          MY INSTAGRAM

Free Amazon Vouchers

Comment

• We love that she is not attending after she mysteriously won alberm of the year two times
                                            MY INSTAGRAM

Free Amazon Vouchers

Comment

• Living for all this drama!!! Nothing we didn't know already.

Ch... imagine calling a Beck album, a dud album, the best of 2013... The audacity.
                                              "King isn't overrated, your fave is just undertalented."

Comment

• Originally posted by Hugo View Post
                                                Ch... imagine calling a Beck album, a dud album, the best of 2013... The audacity.
                                                It's actually an amazing album. Easily better than the rest of the nominated ones that year. You can seethe in hate though. Nobody's stoping you.
                                                I have received many gifts from God,
                                                but this is the first time I have ever received a gift from a goddess

Don McLean on Madonna's version of American Pie

Comment

• Originally posted by Hugo View Post

a dud album
                                                  LOL Okay.

"Is Stalin on your shoulder..."
                                                  https://soundcloud.com/jaspervanbeveren-1/jasper-russia
                                                  "..as he was with his composers?"

Comment

• Beck's album was good, but nowhere near as good as self titled. That album literally changed the music industry.

Tonight's show will be awkward. I wonder if it'll be addressed (probably not). Anyway, my bet is on Billie sweeping most of her noms (including AOTY).

Anyway, anyone tuning in tonight? Let me know if you find a decent stream.
                                                    Rest In Peace Lilly!

Comment

Working...
                                                    X