• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can’t wait for OTR to win it’s deserved ROTY grammy and make people fume

Comment

There’s no tractor trash category tho
      Originally posted by beredy
      When people see your post this is what they see:

GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT.

Comment

Originally posted by TIfan View Post
        Can we go back to 5 nominees in the main categories??? Last year was so damn tragic!!!!
        Agree, it makes it even hard to predict
        As a singer, songwriter and producer Bruno Mars has sold over 169 million singles

Comment

You guys are forgetting about Homecoming. Trying to not be biased and I know it's rate for live albums to be nominated for AOTY, but HDD and Forbes expect it to be nominated, and even Billboard wrote an article about it today.

Billie is the favorite obviously, followed by Taylor and Ariana.
          Rest In Peace Lilly!

Comment

6 female nominations for AOTY??... Yea right. Plus, all of these are Pop. They are not gonna nominate all of these Pop albums.
            I am the maniac, I am the ghoul
            I'm in the shadows in the corners of my room

Comment

I mean they had already nominated 5 women at the same time when there were 5 slots, so I don’t see why it is so out of the mark to predict 6 when you have 8 spots now

as for Homecoming, unless it wins an Emmy and gets some hype, well...

Comment

Originally posted by Tansike View Post

Surprised Maren's album was mentioned above. I enjoy it and I really like her, but I don't think it's strong (or loved & successful) enough to get AOTY nom.
                Well, she was nominated at CMA´s for Album of the year so she´s definitely on her way. Besides that, I think she´s really loved by the blue-ribbon pannel. "The middle" nominations for SOTY and ROTY proved it last year. In fact, I wouldn´t rule her out in SOTY or ROTY (particulary for her duet with Brandi Carlile)
                Beauty is beauty, whether is black or white

Comment

Originally posted by Beautyisbeauty View Post
                  Well, she was nominated at CMA´s for Album of the year so she´s definitely on her way. Besides that, I think she´s really loved by the blue-ribbon pannel. "The middle" nominations for SOTY and ROTY proved it last year. In fact, I wouldn´t rule her out in SOTY or ROTY (particulary for her duet with Brandi Carlile)
                  Good points. To be honest, I didn't follow this years CMA so I didn't know she was up for AOTY there.

Well, I really like her and enjoyed the album, so I'm fine with a nomination of course. I'm also a huge fan of Brandi and she got some major love last year, so I also can see that collaboration getting some recognition.

Comment

I also think Maren will get the country slot, unless they give it to Sheryl Crow due to her legacy status or a male artist because...well no need to explain why.
                    Rest In Peace Lilly!

Comment

• Honestly, I want Taylor or Lana to win. All sales aside, throw the charts in the water, **** the biased critics. The two of them deserve it the most for their albums. Lover is not my favourite Taylor album, but it is one of her best work, lyricaly, sonically, it was put together well - which is super hard to achieve with a body of work that has 18 songs. Sure, some songs weren't the best but it's rare that all of the songs on one album are equal, even with shorter albums.

Norman ******* Rockwell is a ******* masterpiece, and one of the rare examples of every song on an album being equaly amazing. Lana deserves the win.

I don't see Taylor winning, honestly, maybe some minor category, but she's not taking home AOTY (sad face) so I want Lana to win this.

Billie and Ariana. No. Billie is okay, her album was fine, singles were cool, but honestly as a whole it doesn't deserve an AOTY. Hope she wins something, maybe SOTY or a best new artist.

Tun was just not it. Every song sounds the same, every song is super repetetive. Counting out Bloodline, tun was, as an album, not the greates. Seriously, it wasn't bad, it was just super mediocore, something that dies out quickly and that definitely won't stand a test of time. Don't want that to get any major awards.

Comment

• The odds of winning for the ones you mention is probably in reverse I
                        I have received many gifts from God,
                        but this is the first time I have ever received a gift from a goddess

Don McLean on Madonna's version of American Pie

Comment

• Some hot tea for you all:

-Billie is sweeping the Grammys. Christopher Cross is shook
                          -Gaga will win Best Soundtrack or whatever that category is called. Maybe best song written for a movie too
                          - They will hype Lizzo and Lil Nas X and then make them go home empty handed (not believing in OTR for ROTY anymore)
                          - Taylor won’t win anything
                          - Beyoncé won’t win anything
                          - Lana will serve Lorde circa 2017
                          - The audience will be embarrassing low
                          Last edited by UndercovaSista; Mon September 23, 2019, 06:17.

Comment

• I'm keepng my fingers crossed that Robyn can get Nominations in the Electronic album and song category. I'd love to see Nao nominated as well (but that a loooong shot).

Comment

• Originally posted by UndercovaSista View Post
                              Some hot tea for you all:

-Billie is sweeping the Grammys. Christopher Cross is shook
                              -Gaga will win Best Soundtrack or whatever that category is called. Maybe best song written for a movie too
                              - They will hype Lizzo and Lil Nas X and then make them go home empty handed (not believing in OTR for ROTY anymore)
                              - Taylor won’t win anything
                              - Beyoncé won’t win anything
                              - Lana will serve Lorde circa 2017
                              - The audience will be embarrassing low
                              Oh please the Grammys love to kiss Bey‘s ass. She will leave with like 9 awards.
                              Britney Spears • Janet Jackson • Christina Aguilera • Michael Jackson • Selena Gomez • Hilary Duff • Taylor Swift • Justin Timberlake

Comment

• Originally posted by JeremySpears View Post
                                Oh please the Grammys love to kiss Bey‘s ass. She will leave with like 9 awards.
                                Not necessarily true. They snubbed her twice for Album of The Year (she definitely deserved it for Lemonade) and paid dust to Everything is Love.

Comment

• Originally posted by JeremySpears View Post
                                  Ok. Can you break down the awards she is likely to win then, please?

Comment

• Originally posted by dylonj View Post
                                    I'm keepng my fingers crossed that Robyn can get Nominations in the Electronic album and song category. I'd love to see Nao nominated as well (but that a loooong shot).
                                    YES PLEASE, it would be amazing to see her win, I won't even think about best album category, cuz it won't happen sadly.
                                    BEST SONGS&ALBUMS OF 2017
                                    YOURS, FOREVER. // JOSS JONES (Tracklist)

Comment

• Robyn would deserve it.
                                      I am not trying to seduce you... Would you like me to seduce you? Is that what you're trying to tell me?

Comment

• Originally posted by dylonj View Post
                                        Not necessarily true. They snubbed her twice for Album of The Year (she definitely deserved it for Lemonade) and paid dust to Everything is Love.
                                        Both of you are right. Beyoncé is one of the most-awarded artists, but she has yet to win in the main categories. Imo, 'Lemonade' is a bit overrated in the world of music, but I wouldn't habe minded 'Beyoncé' winning AOTY over 'Morning Phase'.
                                        Is it offensive to fall in love with you and everything you do
                                        and everything you stand for?
                                        Could I break through your invisible wall, could I hide my pride for once,
                                        just to tell you that I see more?

Comment

• I see Billie Eilish getting all BIG4 nominations, Lizzo might get all 4 too, Lil Nas X ROTY, SOTY, BNA, Taylor SOTY and AOTY, Ariana might get BIG 3 too, I don't know if Lana's album is eligible for this year? If it is I expect AOTY nomination, as well as SOTY for Hope is a dangerous thing… Senorita sadly will get SOTY nomination. Ed Sheeran might get few, Lewis Capaldi might get SOTY nomination.

Bon Iver will get few, he had great album,

I would love to see Rosalia and Robyn getting few nominations. Robyn for best dance/electronic album and song, though I would love to see her getting AOTY nomination, but it's not gonna happen in this life. Rosalia will get best latin something album, and I hope BNA nomination, and same as Robyn I would love to see her being nominated for AOTY.

Among the others I hope The 1975, Tyler, The Creator, Carly Rae Jepsen, Normani, Mark Ronson, Tame Impala, FKA twigs..

Madame x for the AOTY, pls. And Roisin Murphy's Incapable for ROTY and Best dance/electronic recording!

Comment

• I see Billie Eilish getting all BIG4 nominations, Lizzo might get all 4 too, Lil Nas X ROTY, SOTY, BNA, Taylor SOTY and AOTY, Ariana might get BIG 3 too, I don't know if Lana's album is eligible for this year? If it is I expect AOTY nomination, as well as SOTY for Hope is a dangerous thing… Senorita sadly will get SOTY nomination. Ed Sheeran might get few, Lewis Capaldi might get SOTY nomination.

I would love to see Rosalia and Robyn getting few nominations. Robyn for best dance/electronic album and song, though I would love to see her getting AOTY nomination, but it's not gonna happen in this life. Rosalia will get best latin something album, and I hope BNA nomination, and same as Robyn I would love to see her being nominated for AOTY.

Among the others I hope The 1975, Tyler, The Creator, Carly Rae Jepsen, Normani, Mark Ronson, Tame Impala, FKA twigs..

Madame x for the AOTY, pls. And Roisin Murphy's Incapable for ROTY and Best dance/electronic recording!

Comment

• I would love some nominations for Madame X (which won't happen sadly)
                                              Cha Cha Instructor

Comment

• Originally posted by croatiaxtina View Post
                                                I see Billie Eilish getting all BIG4 nominations, Lizzo might get all 4 too, Lil Nas X ROTY, SOTY, BNA, Taylor SOTY and AOTY, Ariana might get BIG 3 too, I don't know if Lana's album is eligible for this year? If it is I expect AOTY nomination, as well as SOTY for Hope is a dangerous thing… Senorita sadly will get SOTY nomination. Ed Sheeran might get few, Lewis Capaldi might get SOTY nomination.

Lana is eligible. She released on the last day of eligibility. I will be surprised if Lana gets AOTY nomination. Why isn't anyone mentioning Highwomen for SOTY? Bille and Lizzo are all sho ins for the big 4 I think.

Maybe Madonna can get into shortform video for God Control.

Comment

• So, what are the candidates for Record/Song of the Year?

Lil Nas X - Old Town Road (feat. Billie Ray Cyrus)
                                                  Lizzo - Truth Hurts
                                                  Shawn Mendes & Camila Cabello - Senorita
                                                  Khalid - Talk
                                                  Billie Eilish - Bad Guy
                                                  Post Malone & Swae Lee - Sunflower
                                                  Halsey - Without Me
                                                  Ariana Grande - Thank You, Next
                                                  Jonas Brothers - Sucker
                                                  Ed Sheeran & Justin Bieber - I Don't Care
                                                  Taylor Swift & Brandon Urie - ME!
                                                  Sam Smith & Normani - Dancing with a Stranger

Are these the front runners? If that so, this really looks like what people would pick for the Teen Choice Awards.
                                                  Last edited by abi; Tue September 24, 2019, 18:14.

Comment

• Originally posted by abi View Post
                                                    So, what are the candidates for Record/Song of the Year?

Lizzo - Truth Hurts
                                                    Khalid - Talk
                                                    Billie Eilish - Bad Guy
                                                    Halsey - Without Me
                                                    Jonas Brothers - Sucker

Are these the front runners? If that so, this really looks like what people would pick for the Teen Choice Awards.
                                                    The most popular ones? Yes! But I think there will a country nomination or something left of field.

Comment

So, what are the candidates for Record/Song of the Year?

Lizzo - Truth Hurts
                                                      Khalid - Talk
                                                      Billie Eilish - Bad Guy
                                                      Halsey - Without Me
                                                      Jonas Brothers - Sucker

Taylor is going to push You Need to Come Down and Lover for ROTY/SOTY, especially the former as it has performed better than ME! and has the LGBTQ+ theme. Similarly, I think Ariana will submit 7 Rings for ROTY as it was a bigger hit.

You're also forgetting Lewis Capaldi with Someone You Love and Tyler with Earfquake. Expecting the former to be a lock for SOTY, hoping for the latter to be nominated.
                                                      Last edited by Ska8er; Tue September 24, 2019, 18:41.
                                                      Rest In Peace Lilly!

Comment

• ^I don't think pushing "7 Rings" for ROTY would be a good idea for the GRAMMY's. It might have fared better on the charts, but I would say "7 Rings" only appeals to younger listeners while "Thank U, Next" is def. more family-friendly and more listenable for the GRAMMY voters, many of them are like... old so...

And I don't think chart performance really matters with these two songs though, both were gigantic.

Comment

^I don't think pushing "7 Rings" for ROTY would be a good idea for the GRAMMY's. It might have fared better on the charts, but I would say "7 Rings" only appeals to younger listeners while "Thank U, Next" is def. more family-friendly and more listenable for the GRAMMY voters, many of them are like... old so...

And I don't think chart performance really matters with these two songs though, both were gigantic.
                                                          Fair enough, I can see it going both ways to be honest. I can also see Ariana get shut out from the Big 4 categories considering her shaky relationship with the Academy and last year's controversy.
                                                          Rest In Peace Lilly!

Comment

• Let's hope that SotY and RotY won't be filled with Billboard Hot 100's top 10 hits exclusively. I wouldn't mind seeing another 'Chasing Pavements', 'The Cave' or 'Holoscene' in one of those categories next year. Just because a song isn't super successful on the charts doesn't mean that it isn't great...
                                                            Is it offensive to fall in love with you and everything you do
                                                            and everything you stand for?
                                                            Could I break through your invisible wall, could I hide my pride for once,
                                                            just to tell you that I see more?

Comment

• Grammy voters begin voting tomorrow!
                                                              See latest news on Reports, Infractions & Bans
                                                              See Mariah Carey's Memoir thread

Comment

Working...
                                                              X