• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• cheapthrills, great job!
    Mariah Carey the best singer of all time
    My Queen! My Goddess! My Idol!
    Forever and always!

Comment

• Great to see I wasn't the only one voting for Debbie Gibson's Anything Is Possible.

The lyrics are still brilliant today. It's like my them: Anything is possible, if you put your mind to it.
      My Instagram... - Click here

Comment

• Wow lost 3 of mine in a row, but I'm glad BTMYH, Goldeneye & As I Lay Me Down all made the top 100 at least.
        Looking back I should have also voted for that Faith Hill song. 90s radio classic.

Comment

• Goldeneye is my fave song among them. Such an underrated gem. I also remember Sophie B. Hawkins song, i used to like it but i wouldn't remember it if it weren't for this countdown. And i've never heard of that Janet song before.
          Cha Cha Instructor

Comment

• Some interesting ones. Yay for Absolutely Everybody, it was another crossover into 2000 song. Lost both my Bachelor Girl entries.

Pleasantly Surprised for Goldeneye and Sophie B. Hawkins making Top 100, thought they'd be bubbling under votes from myself. I remember the latter being one of my faves on a 1995 compilation back when (I think it was something like Hit Machine Vol 12 or something, which was a popular Australian compilation series alongside 100% hits and before the So Fresh series started in 2000).

EDIT: it was Hit Machine 11, and Check out this gem of an advert I found for Hit Machine 10 - featuring a playstation on the cover and a competition in the ad. LOL. (Theres a few others for some of the other editions floating around too, I found HM7 and HM19 ads, the 90's Nostalgia haha).

This Kiss is great, I had the single and the Mr Mig. remix is cool, I entered it in one of the remixes survivors here.
            Last edited by Affillate; Tue July 2, 2019, 13:15.
            UKMIXtapes Vol.3 | ROUND 9!

Comment

• Originally posted by Affillate View Post
              Lost both my Bachelor Girl entries.
              As an Australian I feel ashamed having not voted for those two. Classics.

Comment

• Originally posted by MrLeonix View Post
                Nice to see Tina Turner making the Top 100.

Anyways why all the song's descriptions are all nice mentioning the charts achievements and actually interesting info except for Britney's entry which was full of shade and no mention at all that it was a #1 UK hit?
                I do what I want

Originally posted by Erotica View Post
                Born to make you happy is great too, did not include it cause I linked it with the year 2000 somehow.
                Originally posted by Benny View Post
                Me too!
                There's a good reason for that - it was released in December of 1999! I think it's the "newest" song on the list.

Originally posted by Benny View Post
                'Born to Make You Happy' is one of Britney's best, so much stronger than 'From the Bottom of My Broken Heart' which the US got as a single instead.
                I don't think anyone voted for From the Bottom..!

Comment

• My favorite song from that last group is Love Will Never Do. I think the video and the vocal departure for Janet are so incredible. Definitely a preview of things to come for her in the 1990s.

Comment

• Originally posted by cheapthrills View Post
                    I do what I want
                    Yeah and it sucks
                    Britney Spears . Michael Jackson . Madonna . Metallica . Radiohead . Led Zeppelin . Oasis . Beyoncé . Soda Stereo

Comment

• Comment

• This was in the wrong place and will re-appear later.

Comment

• Comment

• Comment

• Comment

• Comment

[CENTER]
                                  Sorry, but I didn't vote for this cr*p folks
                                  Britney Spears . Michael Jackson . Madonna . Metallica . Radiohead . Led Zeppelin . Oasis . Beyoncé . Soda Stereo

Comment

• TLC and Destiny’s Chile won’t be the only black girl groups on the main countdown?
                                    Originally posted by beredy
                                    When people see your post this is what they see:

GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT.

Comment

• Originally posted by MrLeonix View Post
                                      Sorry, but I didn't vote for this cr*p folks
                                      Oh it got copied over from Linger; I'll update it with the real voters when I get a moment.

Originally posted by Goldmoney View Post
                                      TLC and Destiny’s Chile won’t be the only black girl groups on the main countdown?
                                      Nope! I think there's yet another one still coming up!

Comment

• So many great songs tonight. I love The Cardigans and My Favorite Mistake is one of their best songs. Colors Of The Wind might be one of my all time fave Disney theme songs. I remember buying the single when i was in US. Linger is nice. Army Of Me is a great song, Post was such a fantastic album. As for No More I Love Yous, it's on my fave Annie Lennox album and my second fave song on the album.
                                        Cha Cha Instructor

Comment

Oh it got copied over from Linger; I'll update it with the real voters when I get a moment.

Nope! I think there's yet another one still coming up!
                                          Oui oui.
                                          Originally posted by beredy
                                          When people see your post this is what they see:

GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT.

Comment

• at least I made some top 100 impact.
                                            Sad for "All I Wanna Do" and Dannii failing to make it though, 1997 was the only year she did better than Kylie chart-wise
                                            Waffles are checked cookies

Comment

• Okay - a few comments. Can't see the top 100 at present as the images are blocked on my work PC. However, I can comment on some that have missed out.

First up a big MEH that my entire top 4 I was alone in voting for! Seems I was totally alone in voting for Alisha's Attic or Dina Carroll entirely! Also, I had a nasty feeling I would have a problem with Roxette - the problem with limiting it to three songs per artist is everyone has different favourites by the same act. Shame no-one else went for "Save Up All Your Tears", and that none of the other rock fans picked "Road Rage", "Inbetweener" or "King of the Kerb".

Comment

• Born to Make You Happy, Goldeneye, Love Will Never Do (Without You), Rush Rush and Colors of the Wind bops
                                                Britney Spears • Janet Jackson • Christina Aguilera • Michael Jackson • Selena Gomez • Hilary Duff • Taylor Swift • Justin Timberlake

Comment

• Originally posted by matthew_dixon View Post
                                                  Okay - a few comments. Can't see the top 100 at present as the images are blocked on my work PC. However, I can comment on some that have missed out.

First up a big MEH that my entire top 4 I was alone in voting for! Seems I was totally alone in voting for Alisha's Attic or Dina Carroll entirely! Also, I had a nasty feeling I would have a problem with Roxette - the problem with limiting it to three songs per artist is everyone has different favourites by the same act. Shame no-one else went for "Save Up All Your Tears", and that none of the other rock fans picked "Road Rage", "Inbetweener" or "King of the Kerb".
                                                  I LOVE all of those songs... and would've probably ended in my top 50 or 100 but I based my list on the number of spins in my last.fm account (that counts plays from 2004 up to 2019).
                                                  MY WEBSITE | INSTAGRAM | DISCOGS | LAST.FM

Comment

• I'll post the next set on the next page!

Comment

Working...
                                                    X