Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comment

• Originally posted by AlmostGold View Post
      Trying to figure it out; still confused.

Top of page has #121 @ 96 points, #120, #119 tied @ 97 points. Then jumps to #50 @ 156 points.
      On preceeding page it's at #122 @ 95 points, then to #55 @ 152 points.

Please...would anyone explain to me (here or in PM)? Would very much appreciate.
      Hi AlmostGold

I'm alternating between the bubbling under positions (#101-#150) and the top 100. I thought it would be more interesting to alternate the graphic bubbling under items with the write-ups for the top 100. So, right now we are up to #116 in the bubbling under section, and #41 in the overall countdown. Tomorrow, we will be at #113 for the bubbling under section, and #36 for the overall countdown.

Hope that makes sense!

Comment

• Murdica slaying.
        Originally posted by beredy
        When people see your post this is what they see:

GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT.

Comment

• "Creep“ bop
          Britney Spears • Janet Jackson • Christina Aguilera • Michael Jackson • Selena Gomez • Hilary Duff • Taylor Swift • Justin Timberlake

Comment

• 76% of my votes are already out:

2. Jewel - Who Will Save Your Soul
            3. Fiona Apple - Criminal
            4. Macy Gray - I Try
            7. Alanis Morissette - Head Over Feet
            8. Madonna - Ray Of Light
            9. Hole - Celebrity Skin
            10. Alanis Morissette - That I Would Be Good
            11. Sarah McLachlan - Building A Mystery
            13. Garbage - I Think I'm Paranoid
            15. Björk - Joga
            16. TLC - Unpretty
            17. Madonna - Drowned World / Substitute For Love
            18. Alanis Morissette - Ironic
            19. Hole - Malibu
            21. The Cranberries - Linger
            22. Dido - Here With Me
            23. Roxette - It Must Have Been Love
            25. Natalie Imbruglia - Smoke
            26. The Cranberries - Salvation
            27. Tasmin Archer - Sleeping Satellite
            28. Madonna - Beautiful Stranger
            29. Shakira - Pies Descalzos, Sueños Blancos
            31. Sarah McLachlan - Angel
            33. Lisa Loeb - Stay (I Missed You)
            34. Sheryl Crow - If It Makes You Happy
            35. Björk - Big Time Sensuality
            38. Blondie - Maria
            39. PJ Harvey - Down By The Water
            40. The Cardigans - Lovefool
            41. Jewel - Hands
            42. Sheryl Crow - Everyday Is A Winding Road
            43. Kylie Minogue - Some Kind Of Bliss
            44. Garbage - Only Happy When It Rains
            45. Divinyls - I Touch Myself
            46. Meredith Brooks - Bitch
            47. Whitney Houston - My Love Is Your Love
            48. Liz Phair - Never Said
            49. Wilson Phillips - You're In Love
            Britney Spears . Michael Jackson . Madonna . Metallica . Radiohead . Led Zeppelin . Oasis . Beyoncé . Soda Stereo

Comment

• Roxette recorded a bunch of perfect pop singles in the late 80s and early 90s. 'It Must Have Been Love' was their peak.

'Angel of Mine' is beautiful, both the Monica and the Eternal version.
              My YouTube Channel - The best songs of the 80s, 90s and 2000s

Comment

• It Must Have Been Love - brilliant song. I wonder why I didn't vote for it. I must've had it in my head as an 80s single.
                Angel of Mine - R&B classic!
                You Oughta Know - super weird that I didn't vote for this one! It's an all-time favourite.
                Akini's Top 400 Songs of the Decade: [2-1!]

Comment

• I had It Must Have Been Love as my Top5 but I removed it because I considered it an 80s released as it was originally release in late 80s in their native country.

Comment

• Wow at Fiona Apple, Donna Lewis, Sarah McLachlan, Alanis Morissette...

I remember when radios here in my city used to play a lot of songs of these artists...
                    MY WEBSITE | INSTAGRAM | DISCOGS | LAST.FM

Comment

• Alanis was also close to my top 50, but missed the cut.
                      Waffles are checked cookies

Comment

• Originally posted by RayRay View Post
                        Can't believe I didn't vote for this song. It's one of my all time favorites as it is one of the songs that my husband and I played all the time when we had just fallen in love.
                        Funny how you mention Paula Abdul. I don't think of her at all, but I did think of... Cyndi Lauper. The first few times I heard it on the radio I was almost sure it was Cyndi. Their voices have some similarities IMO.
                        I actually remember double checking this one looking for your vote because I know you've mentioned liking this one in the past.

Comment

• Comment

• Comment

• Comment

• Comment

• Comment

• Comment

• Hero and Save the Best for Last - Whitebread done by Black Kweens.
                                      Originally posted by beredy
                                      When people see your post this is what they see:

GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT.

Comment

• Can't believe "Kiss Me" by Sixpence None The Richer didn't make the Top 100 but on the other hand I'm glad Vanessa's "Save The Best For Last" made the Top 40, while I didn't vote for her it is one of the very few AC ballad songs I like (she was close to make my list).
                                        Britney Spears . Michael Jackson . Madonna . Metallica . Radiohead . Led Zeppelin . Oasis . Beyoncé . Soda Stereo

Comment

• Spice Girls - Goodbye bowing out of the Top 100. My favourite track. Angel of Mine by Monica in the top 50. Great result.

Comment

• Glad to see Mylène so high, but shame about Enya not making the top 100.

Comment

• Originally posted by cheapthrills View Post
                                              I actually remember double checking this one looking for your vote because I know you've mentioned liking this one in the past.
                                              You didn't check well though. I just checked myself and I gave Donna Lewis' I Love You Always Forever 39 points!
                                              My Instagram... - Click here

Comment

• Hero, What a Girl Wants and Waiting For Tonight deserved more
                                                Britney Spears • Janet Jackson • Christina Aguilera • Michael Jackson • Selena Gomez • Hilary Duff • Taylor Swift • Justin Timberlake

Comment

• Yes, my 50 points definitely pulled Mylène through to the top 40, and what an epic music video, one of the best in the 90s, american wannabe popstars aren't even close.
                                                  Waffles are checked cookies

Comment

• Originally posted by RayRay View Post
                                                    You didn't check well though. I just checked myself and I gave Donna Lewis' I Love You Always Forever 39 points!
                                                    I must be thinking of something else then. I think the voters on that graphic are wrong in general. That's the one that I copied and didn't change. I can update it when I have a free moment.

Comment

• Originally posted by cheapthrills View Post

This deserved to be much higher
                                                      Welcome to the underworld
                                                      Where the love's at first sight
                                                      The kind that we like
                                                      Under, under, under, underworld

Comment

• Some there I may have shortlisted if had more votes, You Oughta Know, Angel of MIne, What A Girl Wants, Kiss Me to name a few.

Waiting For Tonight great follow up that I also voted for. Funny you mention the Janet connection, If 'That's The Way Love Goes' is yet to come, J Lo appears in the video (In a 'before she was big' retroactive recognition kinda way).

Also the 'Sometimes the Snow comes down in June' line is not shocking for us here if taken from the perspective of the Southern Hemisphere. It's a bit like the recent one in Jonas Brothers' Sucker where they go on about it being 'like Heat in December'. yeah. thats pretty typical for Summer in Australia haha.
                                                        UKMIXtapes Vol.3 | ROUND 9!

Comment

• Comment

• Comment

• Comment

Working...
                                                              X