No announcement yet.

Top Female-Led Singles Countdown - 1990s - COMPLETED

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "Again" and "Vision of Love"... oh wow look at all that talent!
    Britney Spears • Janet Jackson • Christina Aguilera • Michael Jackson • Selena Gomez • Hilary Duff • Taylor Swift • Justin Timberlake

Comment

• Great songs in this batch.
      Whitney Houston

Comment

• Originally posted by cheapthrills View Post
        That fake ass hug tho.
        Originally posted by beredy
        When people see your post this is what they see:

GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT.

Comment

• When is new update coming?
          Cha Cha Instructor

Comment

• When the good sis comes back from vacay.

GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT.

Comment

• Doo Wop (That Thing) - anthem!
              All I Want for Christmas Is You - clever "roof" wordplay. I agree that this will inevitably be Mimi's most enduring classic. Even outside of the context of Christmas, though, it's a truly outstanding song. Great vocals and lyrics, festive melody - just a blast to hear. I play this year 'round.
              No Scrubs - classic! It's a tough song to lip-sync to, though.
              Again - beautiful.
              What's Up - Sense8 made me love this.
              How Do I Live? - I never thought of it before, but you're right - the melodrama makes this perfect in a teenager's hands! It's another classic gem, though not quite LeAnn's finest.
              Waterfalls - subtly epic. It's my fave song from them.
              Vision of Love - nobody else does this song justice. It's a signature song for Mimi if only because she's the only one who can pull it off.
              The Boy Is Mine - I love this one.
              You're Still the One - and didn't she eventually marry that same best friend's husband? "Instant wedding music fodder" is a perfect descriptor.
              Akini's Top 400 Songs of the Decade: [100-96]

Comment

• [MENTION=31471]RayRay[/MENTION] here is the updated graphic for Donna Lewis

But the votes for that one were:

RayRay 39
                Affillate 31
                Biebz 29
                GaGarazzi 28
                josecharts 20
                cheapthrills 8

Comment

• Originally posted by Affillate View Post
                  I'm pretty sure that update wiped most of my left to be revealed votes, Including my #1
                  You still have five songs left from your list. And I had no idea that You Drive Me Crazy was for a terrible Melissa Joan Hart movie

At least I assume it was terrible; it's not like Melissa Joan Hart is Meryl Streep.

Comment

• Comment

• Comment

• Comment

• Comment

Should’ve been Top 5 wbk. A BOP!
                            Britney Spears • Janet Jackson • Christina Aguilera • Michael Jackson • Selena Gomez • Hilary Duff • Taylor Swift • Justin Timberlake

Comment

• Comment

• Comment

• I'm back from my trip!

So, I started doing the write-ups for these songs while I was counting down everything below #200. I found a duplicate in the process of doing that (some people had entered The Fugees and some had just written Fugees and I didn't catch it at first). That bumped the #100 song to #101, but it does have a write-up and I will be posting that tomorrow. That way we have the song that just missed the top 100 (on tiebreaker btw) paired with the songs that just missed the top ten.

[MENTION=23929]Goldmoney[/MENTION] - bad news - today's posts were the last of the Mimi songs BUT she did have the most songs in the top 100 - EIGHT, and she just missed out at #102.

[MENTION=55778]JeremySpears[/MENTION] I'm bitter IF didn't make top ten as well!

There shouldn't be any more missed days, so I should wrap up the countdown this week.

Comment

ummmmm no it wasn't. @cheapthrills (my #3, I didn't have Confide In Me in my votes at all) LOL. I DID vote for Breathe though (although what kindof 80's Kylie era pic is accompanying that one hmmmm? haha.

I think I only have 2 Madonna tracks left in my votes, Human Nature (which i'm sure I saw tap out in the lower bubbling under but couldn't find it when I did my update) and Frozen. EDIT: oh and that other Shania song I voted. Might do another catch up on some comments later.
                                    Last edited by Affillate; Mon July 22nd, 2019, 14:31.
                                    UKMIXtapes Vol.3 | ROUND 9!

Comment

• [MENTION=36732]Affillate[/MENTION] Oh OK, I checked. Your column in my table is next to [MENTION=34626]Bellus[/MENTION]. It was Bellus' #3. Of course, the Aussies are right next to each other on my spreadsheet

Comment

[MENTION=23929]Goldmoney[/MENTION] - bad news - today's posts were the last of the Mimi songs BUT she did have the most songs in the top 100 - EIGHT, and she just missed out at #102.
                                        On the same day as Armageddon.

Comment

• If, Confide in me and Crush are fantastic, but Breathe and Fantasy are great too.
                                          I am not trying to seduce you... Would you like me to seduce you? Is that what you're trying to tell me?

Comment

• Mariah has the most songs in the top 100? YES!
                                            sad though about One Sweet Day, Without You, I'll Be There, Butterfly, Love Takes Time..
                                            #mariahcarey #lambforlife

Comment

• Does Madonna have a song in top 15? Looks like all her songs remained bubbled under.
                                              Cha Cha Instructor

Comment

• Originally posted by spiritboy View Post
                                                Does Madonna have a song in top 15? Looks like all her songs remained bubbled under.
                                                I think there are two big ones remaining

Comment

• Breathe - incredibly therapeutic.
                                                  Fantasy - great summer midtempo jam.
                                                  If - my ho-with-morals anthem. This is one of those songs only Janet could pull off.
                                                  Crush - the Glee Cast did a great cover of this.
                                                  Wannabe - one of the two Spice Girls songs I adore.
                                                  Confide in Me - gorgeous ballad. Lyrically, it's one of Kylie's finest.
                                                  Always Be My Baby - one of her much-beloved 90s gems. Everyone seems to love it, so I'm not totally surprised it's Mimi's top song. Would've expected for at least one of her hits to make the top 10, though.
                                                  Akini's Top 400 Songs of the Decade: [100-96]

Comment

• There is one person who might know all the remaining songs already because that person managed to vote for every song in the top 15.

Comment

• Comment

• Comment

• Comment

• Comment

• Comment

Working...
                                                              X