No announcement yet.

Top Female-Led Singles Countdown - 1990s - COMPLETED

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Im kinda lost here, do we make the list directly or we will have noms first???
    VISIT UKmix HOT100 @ Front Desk
    ENJOY Hits in the Mix! weekly chart @ General Music

Comment

Originally posted by cheapthrills View Post
      Yes, it's eligible! We had the same situation with the 2000-2009 countdown.
      Oh, thank you! My suggestions

Dido - Here With Me
      Madonna - Frozen
      Kylie Minogue - Confide In Me
      Spice Girls - Viva Forever
      Bjork - All Is Full Of Love
      The Corrs - Runaway
      The Cranberries - Linger
      Fiona Apple - Never Is a Promise
      Sade - No Ordinary Love
      Garbage - The World is Not Enough
      When we lose what we love
      Don't think anything will ever taste the same
      Don't think anything will ever feel as good again

Comment

I don’t know 25 songs from the 90s it they can’t be from the same 4 artists I will see if I can come up with something
        Britney Spears • Janet Jackson • Christina Aguilera • Michael Jackson • Selena Gomez • Hilary Duff • Taylor Swift • Justin Timberlake

Comment

Originally posted by JeremySpears View Post
          I don’t know 25 songs from the 90s it they can’t be from the same 4 artists I will see if I can come up with something
          Well, that gets you 12 songs

Check the thread for some other nominated songs - I bet there's more music that you know than you realize

Comment

Originally posted by leomedar View Post
            Im kinda lost here, do we make the list directly or we will have noms first???
            Hi leo! The noms are just to help people get started, but you can submit your list at any time (and two people already have). And you can revise it if you like up until the deadline.

Comment

Some more acts:

Crystal Waters – 100% Pure Love
              Deborah Cox – Nobody’s Supposed To Be Here
              Des’Ree – You Gotta Be
              Divinyls – I Touch Myself
              Everything But the Girl – Missing
              Jennifer Lopez – If You Had My Love
              Lisa Stansfield - Been Around the World
              Mandy Moore – Candy
              Meshelle Ndege'Ocello - If That Was Your Boyfriend
              Missy Elliott – The Rain (Supa Dupa Fly)

Comment

Limiting to 3 songs per artist was a challenge for me. But it was a good rule.
                Britney Spears . Michael Jackson . Madonna . Metallica . Radiohead . Led Zeppelin . Oasis . Beyoncé . Soda Stereo

Comment

Brand New Heavies - Never Stop
                  Brownstone - If You Love Me
                  Dionne Farris - I Know
                  Ghost Town DJ's - My Boo
                  Groove Theory - Tell Me
                  Lil' Kim, Angie Martinez, Left Eye, Da Brat & Missy Elliott - Not Tonight (Remix)
                  Loreena McKinnett - The Mummers' Dance
                  Portishead - Glory Box
                  Shakespears Sister - Stay
                  Tina Turner - I Don't Wanna Fight
                  http://www.last.fm/user/JJMCSPooh/

Comment

Thanks [MENTION=20156]RedSimba[/MENTION]! There's one you mentioned I completely forgot about!

I could probably keep posting songs, but it's been two weeks. And the nomination phase seems to have slowed down.

Thanks also to [MENTION=37586]Erotica[/MENTION] [MENTION=25208]Benny[/MENTION] [MENTION=31471]RayRay[/MENTION] [MENTION=20295]Jonathan[/MENTION] [MENTION=32167]Controlfreak[/MENTION] [MENTION=23802]JSparksFan[/MENTION] [MENTION=35161]LongingHeart[/MENTION] [MENTION=80037]AlmostGold[/MENTION] [MENTION=34683]leomedar[/MENTION] [MENTION=21189]NoAngel[/MENTION] for their suggestions.

If everyone who suggested songs and mentioned they would vote does do so, that will give us about 20 voters which is great!

Anyhow, please make sure you vote by June 8th.

Comment

i will vote for sure!
                      VISIT UKmix HOT100 @ Front Desk
                      ENJOY Hits in the Mix! weekly chart @ General Music

Comment

Count me in! Even though I need to put serious effort to select only 3 tracks by Madonna, Bjork, Suzanne Vega, Cat Power, The Cranberries...
                        Don't think anything will ever taste the same
                        Don't think anything will ever feel as good again

Comment

Voted This was so difficult :(
                          I am not trying to seduce you... Would you like me to seduce you? Is that what you're trying to tell me?

Comment

[MENTION=49569]cheapthrills[/MENTION] - Have I voted yet? I can't tell from my inbox and I want to make sure I do before June.
                            Originally posted by SummerPeur
                            Time stops for the Kween everytime WBT is performed.
                            Originally posted by Goldmoney
                            So does her microphone

Comment

Originally posted by Bellus View Post
                              [MENTION=49569]cheapthrills[/MENTION] - Have I voted yet? I can't tell from my inbox and I want to make sure I do before June.
                              No, only three votes so far, though there is still is plenty of time.

Comment

[MENTION=78450]GonPop[/MENTION] I received your votes! Thank you!

Comment

Submitted ... it was tough to choose from so many great singles that decade!
                                  http://www.last.fm/user/JJMCSPooh/

Comment

Thanks, I received your votes [MENTION=20156]RedSimba[/MENTION]

Comment

Originally posted by cheapthrills View Post
                                      Thanks, I received your votes [MENTION=20156]RedSimba[/MENTION]
                                      You received my amazing and sophisticated votes right?
                                      Britney Spears . Michael Jackson . Madonna . Metallica . Radiohead . Led Zeppelin . Oasis . Beyoncé . Soda Stereo

Comment

Originally posted by MrLeonix View Post
                                        You received my amazing and sophisticated votes right?
                                        LOL, yes I haven't opened it yet tho because I am working on my list

Comment

Compiling my list - 3 songs per artist is so difficult especially when it comes to the Spice Girls.

Also can Aqua, Fugees and Steps be included in the list?

Comment

Originally posted by sg1996 View Post
                                            Compiling my list - 3 songs per artist is so difficult especially when it comes to the Spice Girls.

Also can Aqua, Fugees and Steps be included in the list?
                                            I feel like Steps and Fugees are borderline since they don't have a singular female lead singer like The Cranberries or No Doubt, for example (the guys can lead too). If the song is led by the females in the group, it can be allowed though.

Comment

I have a few eligibility questions. Do these count?

Belinda Carlisle - Summer Rain (album was released in 1989, but according to Wikipedia the single was issued 13/1/90)
                                              Melanie C - Never Be The Same Again (album released 1999, but the single was issued 20/3/00)

Snap! - Rhythm Of The Night (female lead vocal?)
                                              La Bouche - Be My Lover (female lead vocal?)

Comment

Originally posted by GaGarazzi View Post
                                                I have a few eligibility questions. Do these count?

Belinda Carlisle - Summer Rain (album was released in 1989, but according to Wikipedia the single was issued 13/1/90)
                                                Melanie C - Never Be The Same Again (album released 1999, but the single was issued 20/3/00)

Snap! - Rhythm Of The Night (female lead vocal?)
                                                La Bouche - Be My Lover (female lead vocal?)
                                                Sorry, I missed that you had questions. I would treat Snap and La Bouche like you would something like the Cranberries or Siouxsie and the Banshees, so they should be ok.

The single release date is what counts So Belinda's song is eligible while Mel C's is not.

Comment

I am going to update the deadline because I just realized I will be just getting back from a trip when the deadline hits.

So, new deadline will be June 17th. I will update the OP.

Comment

I am currently still putting my list together - I will try and have it submitted soon.

I am finding this countdown extremely hard (not to find songs) but to rank them.

The only part of the countdown I'm happy with is the Top 6
                                                    So does her microphone

Comment

Still working on my list. Whew!!
                                                      Glad deadline was extended!
                                                      I just want to be sure before submitting via PM...2 questions:
                                                      #1. #50 is top choice/ranking/selection? (Seems a backwards way of listing; why I'd like to be sure). I've compiled list; now need to rank 'em. Oh...I re-read instructions - this is b/c 50 Points is highest grade? Correct? Again, just confirming before ranking my list w/points.

#2. If I like several songs by an artist, should I list them all together in ranking, or can they be separated in list ranking/;points (if I like one song a huge deal & like songs by others in between)?

Thanks!!!
                                                      Last edited by AlmostGold; Mon June 3rd, 2019, 00:14.
                                                      ​If in the after life there is no music, we will have to import it ~ Domenico Cieri Estrada

Comment

I'd compiled a list, but somehow when I tried to send it, the message was lost. I think my browser viewed me as having signed out, then in again between the time I drafted and the time I sent.

At any rate, my old list was just based on plays, so I'm actually going to take some time out and focus more on quality for my next list, coming soon to a game-loving user's inbox near you.
                                                        Akini's Top 400 Songs of the Decade: [2-1!]

Comment

Originally posted by AlmostGold View Post
                                                          #1. #50 is top choice/ranking/selection? (Seems a backwards way of listing; why I'd like to be sure). I've compiled list; now need to rank 'em. Oh...I re-read instructions - this is b/c 50 Points is highest grade? Correct? Again, just confirming before ranking my list w/points.
                                                          I believe this is answered in the OP.

*Please be mindful of the above format. The last countdown I conducted had people listing their favorite song as 01, which made things very confusing. Also, please ensure it is Artist, THEN song title.
                                                          So does her microphone

Comment

Great...got it!
                                                            Thanks for reminder it's artist, then song title.

If I have several songs for 1 artist is it alright to separate them? Or, best to keep them together? (Asking since it's listed by point grades.) I may wish to nominate 3 songs by 1 artist, but may like other artists songs in between song selection #1 and song selection #3 - Hope that's understandable!

Thanks!!!!
                                                            Last edited by AlmostGold; Mon June 3rd, 2019, 12:19.
                                                            ​If in the after life there is no music, we will have to import it ~ Domenico Cieri Estrada

Comment

Originally posted by AlmostGold View Post
                                                              Great...got it!
                                                              Thanks for reminder it's artist, then song title.

If I have several songs for 1 artist is it alright to separate them? Or, best to keep them together? (Asking since it's listed by point grades.) I may wish to nominate 3 songs by 1 artist, but may like other artists songs in between song selection #1 and song selection #3 - Hope that's understandable!

Thanks!!!!
                                                              There are no ties so definitely seperate them.

They don't have to be listed together. You could assign for example one with 40 points another with 30 and another with 20.

Comment

Working...
                                                              X