Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The ANN intro with the whistles, just like the tour Opening with maybe 2 or 3 other greatest hits.
    She was kind of fragile and she had a lot to grapple with but basically she kept it all inside ...

Comment

Originally posted by SmartIsNewSexy View Post
      I wouldn't mind Kelly presenting the award.
      She said she'll be on the same stage, so I'm assuming that she's the one presenting the award.
      She was kind of fragile and she had a lot to grapple with but basically she kept it all inside ...

Comment

Originally posted by MrDash View Post
        She said she'll be on the same stage, so I'm assuming that she's the one presenting the award.
        Isn't Kelly the host again though, just like last year?
        I have received many gifts from God,
        but this is the first time I have ever received a gift from a goddess

Don McLean on Madonna's version of American Pie

Comment

Originally posted by beredy View Post
          Isn't Kelly the host again though, just like last year?
          Oh yeah she's the host. Silly me.

Comment

The ANN intro with the whistles, just like the tour Opening with maybe 2 or 3 other greatest hits.
            Agreed, she definitely should get ANN in there.

Comment

Well deserved being the queen of billboard and all.
              My wish is that the 2018 honoree, the legend herself Janet Jackson presents the award to Mariah. Now that would be a moment.

Comment

ANN, Fantasy, SLLY, WBT. Even 4 songs in 9 mins are pushing it. Best to showcase songs that show her "fierce" side, to win over the type of audience who watch BBMA.

Comment

She should do Without You, Hero, a section where only the opening bells(?) of AIWFCY play, WBT, and ANN.

I know A No No needs to be pushed, but it's going to look odd among the hits. This may not be the place to do it. Those who know Mariah Carey, will want to be reminded of her biggest songs.

Comment

I was also thinking they should have the AIWFCIY bells somewhere. On the one hand, yes, it is fitting for her to perform her greatest hits - but a lot of them are songs that build momentum from gentle opening to giant crescendo. No time for that in a 9 minute medley - it just becomes a mess. And yes, she could perform her giant hits, like her TWO songs of the decade, AIWFCIY (surely third song of the decade) plus her origin (VOL)...but from a business point of view, it is vital for her to connect with the new young audience watching BBMA, and ANN and SLLY are the best for now. Fantasy is also uptempo and exciting, even if cut to 2 mins. WBT so she can show her vocals. Hero, ABMB, VOL, W/oY or WY are just too dreary....(even though I love them).

Comment

Originally posted by AlmondBreeze View Post
                      I was also thinking they should have the AIWFCIY bells somewhere. On the one hand, yes, it is fitting for her to perform her greatest hits - but a lot of them are songs that build momentum from gentle opening to giant crescendo. No time for that in a 9 minute medley - it just becomes a mess. And yes, she could perform her giant hits, like her TWO songs of the decade, AIWFCIY (surely third song of the decade) plus her origin (VOL)...but from a business point of view, it is vital for her to connect with the new young audience watching BBMA, and ANN and SLLY are the best for now. Fantasy is also uptempo and exciting, even if cut to 2 mins. WBT so she can show her vocals. Hero, ABMB, VOL, W/oY or WY are just too dreary....(even though I love them).
                      She has already performed VOL during the 2015 BMAs, so we can count that one out.

Like I said previously, maybe WBT, Emotions and Hero might make the cut. But I agree that the AIWFCIY bells should be included somewhere just to catch people off guard. She doesn't have to perform it, just put it somewhere to create a moment ... just for laughs kinda thing.

Comment

Y’all they have five minutes to perform

She should just promote “A No No”

She’s done a billion medley performances on TV since 2013, give us new music

Modern icons should showcase modern work
                        #CAUTION

Comment

OMG - just 5 minutes??? Just checked - you're right - Janet only had about 5 mins too. Oh well, give up then - it's gonna be a cut and paste mess...

Comment

Oop! I thought it was 9 minutes.

I would just take the NYE route and do songs that could showcase a stellar vocal OR a really energetic performance similar to VH1 It's Like That.

No in between really.

Comment

She can also include the Glitter medley and do a fun performance like the VH1 one.
                              http://oi42.tinypic.com/2m3lnpv.jpg

Follow me on LastFM: http://www.lastfm.es/user/S-Yair

www.instagram.com/sebastiansuaid/

Comment

Imo, she should do A No No. This would be a great platform to introduce the song to a wider audience. Like how she did with VOL/Infinity, she could put one classic uptempo (maybe It's Like That?) before A No No. But I feel like her performance would be something similar to Britney's medley on her 2016 BBMA performance, minus the dancing.
                                DISCOGS | LAST.FM | INSTAGRAM

Comment

She could start with emotions belting. People are familiar because of drakes sample. Then cut to another hit and finish with ANN

Comment

Originally posted by mm2912 View Post
                                    She could start with emotions belting. People are familiar because of drakes sample. Then cut to another hit and finish with ANN
                                    I think more people would know emotions from mariah’s version than that mess of a drake song!
                                    Meteorite-ite-ite!

Comment

Originally posted by TheRealest View Post
                                      A No No or SLLY please sis
                                      SLLY ft. Gunna would be so LIT. Should be a single.

Originally posted by SmartIsNewSexy View Post
                                      Ariana!
                                      that would be a moment
                                      I'm totally here for that!

Originally posted by Z0rzi View Post
                                      She MUST open the performance with the ANN Tour Version Intro! It's on the same level as "ILT" openings for me.
                                      I agree!

But I agree that the AIWFCIY bells should be included somewhere just to catch people off guard. She doesn't have to perform it, just put it somewhere to create a moment ... just for laughs kinda thing.
                                      I know ain't gonna happen, but it would be very fun and effective!

Originally posted by sYair View Post
                                      She can also include the Glitter medley and do a fun performance like the VH1 one.
                                      If she does the medley, I hope there's one song from Glitter - LNADJSML preferably.

Comment

Originally posted by wolfily View Post
                                        I hope she re-considers about doing a medley. Not a wise move. Just perform A No No. I don't understand why she and her team did not push for that. Its the most obvious thing to do.
                                        I agree.

These medleys of hits she's been doing since '13 are putting her in a "legacy artist" position - a thing that I'm sure she despises lol. It won't be a wise move, especially when she has a new album to promote.

Comment

Cant believe its only 5 mins. Medley cancelled. Hoping she give 1 great performance
                                          Proceed with Caution

Comment

A No No is a must imo...unless she is singing a totally new song..

Comment

If it's gonna be a 5 minute performance, then I think only 2 songs will be performed at most.

1st of May can't come soon enough though!

Comment

Thirsty/A No No mash-up please Kween.

Comment

ANN and Fantasy with a current rapper doing ODB's part would be cool I think

Likely will get a few lines of VOL, SIO, ABMB and a lipped WBT climax though

Comment

Imagine if she did a live of Loverboy with Da Brat and J.Lo is on the audience..... jk.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X