2019 VMAs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

....uh?
    5.05.2009 / 6.22.2011 / 4.24.2013 / 4.25.2013 / 3.1.2014 / 9.13.2014 / 7.21.2016 / 7.14.2018 / 7.15.2018

Comment

They changed it now since the Michael Jackson Video Vanguard might be removed for good.

Comment

Originally posted by abi View Post
        Really wanted BLACKPINK to perform at the VMA's, would be a great exposure for them but I just found out that they had another schedule in Asia a day before the VMA's. Well...
        Wait BLACKPINK apparently is dropping out of that festival one day before the VMA's. I'm here for "Kill This Love"/"Ddu-du" medley at the VMA's.

Comment

One KPOP performance would be alright. I hope it doesn't turn into a MTV VMAKPOP show.

Comment

Originally posted by GetBack View Post
            One KPOP performance would be alright. I hope it doesn't turn into a MTV VMAKPOP show.
            Of course it won't. BLACKPINK & BTS are the only two that are semi-relevant internationally so it's always between these two.

Comment

Is it true that they will be renaming the Vanguard Award?

Comment

Finally!!
                Britney Spears • Janet Jackson • Christina Aguilera • Michael Jackson • Selena Gomez • Hilary Duff • Taylor Swift • Justin Timberlake

Comment

I can’t at 8 year old pressed Gaga, Katy and Taylor stans saying Missy doesn’t deserve the award.

Of course she deserves it, she’s a legend. Katy and Taylor as much as I love her don’t deserve it.

And I don’t think they have to give that award away every year anyway...
                  Britney Spears • Janet Jackson • Christina Aguilera • Michael Jackson • Selena Gomez • Hilary Duff • Taylor Swift • Justin Timberlake

Comment

Originally posted by JeremySpears View Post

Finally!!
                    Oh My God! I want to cry! Finally...give Missy all of her things!! It's what she deserves!!

Comment

Finally!!!!

Well deserved... cant wait to she her show!
                      BEST SONGS&ALBUMS OF 2017
                      YOURS, FOREVER. // JOSS JONES (Tracklist)

Comment

So happy for her! Well deserved!
                        When we lose what we love
                        Don't think anything will ever taste the same
                        When we lose what we love
                        Don't think anything will ever feel as good again

Comment

Originally posted by dylonj View Post
                          Oh My God! I want to cry! Finally...give Missy all of her things!! It's what she deserves!!
                          This is the only reason I'm watching. My genius beat queen getting her due. We love it!
                          The sands of time fade into dark
                          Feel your pulse it's groove o'clock
                          A message to madness
                          Feel music that's realness

Comment

Missy getting the Vanguard Award is the most deserved Award this decade at any award show.

I wonder if her performance will be at the level of her VH1 performance.?.?
                            Last edited by TIfan; Tue August 13th, 2019, 01:08.
                            Diva!!!

Comment

About bloody time!
                              Forever Young

Comment

Originally posted by TIfan View Post
                                Missy getting the Vanguard Award is the most deserved Award this decade at any award show.

I wonder if her performance will be at the level of her VH1 performance.?.?
                                Missy never disappoints! Plus, her fans have been lobbying for her to get this award for years (and she is aware of it) so I KNOW this will be an amazing performance.

Comment

Back in the day all the pop girls attended the VMAs and these days few of them do it once every 2-3 years

Comment

Originally posted by BackToBasicsLover View Post
                                    Back in the day all the pop girls attended the VMAs and these days few of them do it once every 2-3 years
                                    Pop girls still attend award shows. They're just shifting from Britney, P!nk, Beyonce, Rihanna, Katy, Christina & Gaga to the likes of Camila Cabello, Dua Lipa, Bebe Rexha, Zara Larsson, Cardi B, etc. We're just getting old and these new artists are boring.

Comment

Exactly but back in the day the presence of Brtney,Beyonce,Christina etc. at the vmas was like a gift and now all these "stars" like Camila or Dua Lipa make me go like "blah" because they can't even sell a song and have no stage presence whatsoever

Comment

Originally posted by BackToBasicsLover View Post
                                        Exactly but back in the day the presence of Brtney,Beyonce,Christina etc. at the vmas was like a gift and now all these "stars" like Camila or Dua Lipa make me go like "blah" because they can't even sell a song and have no stage presence whatsoever
                                        Not to hijack the thread here...but I have always wondered what was so special about Dua....I mean she is pretty but I don't see star quality at all. Camila on the other hand is good as a performer so I can give her a pass.

Comment

Not to hijack the thread here...but I have always wondered what was so special about Dua....I mean she is pretty but I don't see star quality at all. Camila on the other hand is good as a performer so I can give her a pass.
                                          Same. Dua has like 3 Boos but her music is so generic, her voice doesn’t stand out...nothing really stands out.

I love Camila. Her album was good, she’s a good songwriter, love her voice and she’s an amazing performer. And she seems really likeable. I just wish she/her team would make better decisions. Her videos are good too.

Comment

[MENTION=65100]aRat[/MENTION] what's good?
                                            aRat's NUDES LEAKED

Comment

Dua's music is so generic,she can't sing and has no stage presence so idk why many people praise her. When it comes to Camila she also has no stage presence for me. When I watched some of her performances it seemed to me as if she had been trying so hard to look awesome,sexy etc. OMG's a bop and CITC is also a nice song but that's it. None of today's pop girls is special,they all look and sound the same. There's nothing interesting about them. Maybe because they're focused on social media too much,idk. All I know is that I definitely don't like these new pop girls. They seem intersted in popularity only regardless of reason

Comment

Dua (for me) has that cold cool stage presence, not much there but she doesn't come off like she's bothered to have much and be all out there anyway.

Camila is at 0°K when it comes to stage presence or any personality presence.
                                                I have received many gifts from God,
                                                but this is the first time I have ever received a gift from a goddess

Don McLean on Madonna's version of American Pie

Comment

I fell asleep reading that list
                                                  Last edited by JeremySpears; Wed August 14th, 2019, 01:18.

Comment

Those Brittany and Xtuna stan still being stuck in 1999
                                                    COMMON LOVE ISN'T FOR US...

Comment

Im happy for Rosalia is performing!!!!!
                                                      BEST SONGS&ALBUMS OF 2017
                                                      YOURS, FOREVER. // JOSS JONES (Tracklist)

Comment

The performers so far are not bad tbh. But yikes I can already see the senorita performance. It will be so cheesy, dryhumping all over the place, my sweet beysus I'll eat my hat if they don't kiss at the end of the perfomance, a true schmaltz fest is coming.
                                                        aRat's NUDES LEAKED

Comment

Originally posted by BeeBoy View Post
                                                          The performers so far are not bad tbh. But yikes I can already see the senorita performance. It will be so cheesy, dryhumping all over the place, my sweet beysus I'll eat my hat if they don't kiss at the end of the perfomance, a true schmaltz fest is coming.
                                                          why r u even watching this
                                                          COMMON LOVE ISN'T FOR US...

Comment

Rosalia will do the best performance of the evening.
                                                            I have received many gifts from God,
                                                            but this is the first time I have ever received a gift from a goddess

Don McLean on Madonna's version of American Pie

Comment

Originally posted by aRat View Post
                                                              why r u even watching this
                                                              I am not. Not staying up for this if the King is not performing
                                                              aRat's NUDES LEAKED

Comment

Working...
                                                              X