• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

'Gimme More' would be my choice.
    ~ representing the LBC ~

Comment

Gimme more
      I am not trying to seduce you... Would you like me to seduce you? Is that what you're trying to tell me?

Comment

Gimme More
        Mainshow Goes Diva: Kylie Minogue

Comment

BOMT
          Cha Cha Instructor

Comment

Gimme More def, tho BOMT is a pretty great opener too (iconicness aside)
            last.fm

Comment

For the music industry and pop culture in general it will always be "Baby One More Time", that song is a huge pop classic and it's probably (battling with "Toxic") her most iconic song so it's obviously her most iconic opening track too.

"Gimme More" is more limited, it is iconic but I feel it's more of a thing among the pop forums and popstars fans, I would even say "Oops I Did It Again" (which is also an opening track) is way more iconic for the public than GM.
              Britney Spears . Michael Jackson . Madonna . Metallica . Radiohead . Led Zeppelin . Oasis . Beyoncé . Soda Stereo

Comment

Originally posted by MrLeonix View Post
                "Gimme More" is more limited, it is iconic but I feel it's more of a thing among the pop forums and popstars fans, I would even say "Oops I Did It Again" (which is also an opening track) is way more iconic for the public than GM.
                Yeah definitely. All of her most iconic songs from their respective albums are her opening tracks tbh though The only exception is In The Zone until BJ where she moved it to track #2.
                MY INSTAGRAM

Free Amazon Vouchers

Comment

I want to say Gimme More, but in my heart of hearts I know it's BOTM
                  The sands of time fade into dark
                  Feel your pulse it's groove o'clock
                  A message to madness
                  Feel music that's realness

Comment

"Gimme More" was a clever opening line, Madonna even copied it.

However, "...Baby One More Time" is way too iconic. Not even two seconds in and it's already remembered on its own. Not a lot of songs have that.

Comment

Baby one more time by far

Comment

Fighter is the American national anthem
                        | Ciara | Beyoncé | Janet | Toni | Kelly R | Leona | Tinashe | Whitney | Brandy | Monica | Tevin | Mariah | Britney | Tamia |

Comment

I just realized that both "Genie" and "Baby One More Time" opened using a piano.

It would be "Genie" most definitely. "Ain't No Other Man" would have been a great album opening track, I don't know why that was the fourth song in the first disc of Back to Basics.

Comment

Yeah it’s "Genie in a Bottle".

The "Lotus" intro is epic though
                            Britney Spears • Janet Jackson • Christina Aguilera • Michael Jackson • Selena Gomez • Hilary Duff • Taylor Swift • Justin Timberlake

Comment

Lotus Intro
                              I am not trying to seduce you... Would you like me to seduce you? Is that what you're trying to tell me?

Comment

"Lotus Intro" was brilliant too but the era brought back so many terrible memories of the roll out and how she treated it.

Comment

Genie.
                                  Whitney Houston

Comment

Hmm this is a tough one. She has so many great intros. The only one I'm not crazy over is Liberation....Stripped for me. Such an Iconic era. I love Bionic as well.

Comment

Makes Me Wanna Pray
                                      My Instagram... - Click here

Comment

Genie.
                                        I have received many gifts from God,
                                        but this is the first time I have ever received a gift from a goddess

Don McLean on Madonna's version of American Pie

Comment

Off course Intro (Back to Basics). Brilliant.
                                          Xtina/GoldLink/Slayer/Mobb Deep/KAYTRANADA/2Pac/Snoh ​​Aalegra

Comment

Ok, let’s skip intros. Full songs.
                                            Can’t Hold Us Down for me
                                            | Ciara | Beyoncé | Janet | Toni | Kelly R | Leona | Tinashe | Whitney | Brandy | Monica | Tevin | Mariah | Britney | Tamia |

Comment

Makes Me Wanna Pray > Can’t Hold Us Down > Maria > Genie > Genio > Something's Got a Hold on Me > Mixtape from 2012
                                              Xtina/GoldLink/Slayer/Mobb Deep/KAYTRANADA/2Pac/Snoh ​​Aalegra

Comment

Lotus
                                                Taylor Swift - Colbie Caillat - Carrie Underwood - Miranda Lambert

Comment

Working...
                                                X