Ever Stopped Being Someone's Fan?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Goldmoney View Post
    I liked J.Lo once upon a time but I stopped once more disturbing details started coming to light about how she was trying to sabotage Kween + her inauthenticity as a musician
    Mariah sabotaged herself with the awful Glitter era. J.Lo as a singer is no threat to Mariah's catalog. Unfortunately, this never-ending feud only highlighted Mariah's insecurity. Tommy was doing the exact same thing for Beyoncé (during the Destiny's Child eras) but Mariah will never come for Beyoncé because that would be social suicide in the community, nobody goes against Beyoncé.

Comment

Kween actually respects King tho because she only stans and affiliates herself with talent when it comes to musicians (except for that one Onika hiccup).
      Originally posted by beredy
      When people see your post this is what they see:

GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT.

Comment

The only person I ever stopped being a fan of is Mariah. She was a staple in our home growing up in the 90s, my Father was a fan and had all her albums from Mariah Carey - Rainbow. It was Glitter that changed it all for me and have never really gone back, her personality really turned me off, in the 90s she was the girl next door and then 2000 came and it was all about Cleavage and tight dresses, there was nothing to relate to anymore.

I still listen too her music too but I don't touch anything except #Beautiful post Rainbow Era

Comment

Too many to list.

Comment

I have to listen to older music from Ciara. I was a bigger fan of hers than I was Bey (who is close to losing me) during 2006/07 but than she released Fantasy Ride.... wtf was that. The Evolution was so innovative and fun, but she started to chase the charts and it showed.
            Diva!!!

Comment

1. Kylie M. In high school i loved her and bought all her music and live DVDs but during college something changed and I just stopped listening. Maybe its her personality but she just turns me off now.

2. Christina. Again obsessed in high school but after Bionic, which I enjoyed, I just lost interest.

3. Janet. Again with high school obsession. I guess you grow out of certain artists.

Basically the only people I stan for now are Madonna, Britney, and Celine.

Comment

Originally posted by GetBack View Post
                Mariah sabotaged herself with the awful Glitter era. J.Lo as a singer is no threat to Mariah's catalog. Unfortunately, this never-ending feud only highlighted Mariah's insecurity. Tommy was doing the exact same thing for Beyoncé (during the Destiny's Child eras) but Mariah will never come for Beyoncé because that would be social suicide in the community, nobody goes against Beyoncé.
                K boo. Keep spouting your truth. Xx

Comment

Originally posted by GetBack View Post
                  K boo. Keep spouting your truth. Xx

Comment

LMAO @ "Social suicide"

Comment

Hmm quite a lot of artists, usually just due to lost interest because of their output, growing older, changing my preferences etc. That is not to say that I will never be a fan of these artists again, or that I totally stopped checking them. I usually still bother to give a new song a try, but there is a difference between anxiously waiting for someone's new album and just seeing a thread or youtube video randomly pop up and checking it just 'cause.

Let's start with the bigger pop stars:

Sia - I will forever worship her pre-2011 stuff, but the moment Titanium got released was the beginning of the end for me. And since then I've mostly been disappointed and actually found her songs and voice annoying. Fascinating how I can find her voice beautiful in one song, yet totally generic and dull in another.

I did enjoy 1000 Forms of Fear to an extent, and maybe a few songs after that, but they will never move me the same way as her earlier albums. I don't even bother with her random disposable soundtrack songs and collabs she keeps churning out. I'll definitely check her next album, but with zero expectations or hype.

Lady Gaga - liked her up until ARTPOP - she became too weird here, even though I actually enjoyed most of the music. The weirdness that used to be cool during TFM and even BTW seemed to look more and more like a caricature. As for her "normal phase" she's doing since Cheek to Cheek... while I applaud the reinvention that pretty much saved her career, I can't help but find it forced and fake, including her dramatic theatrical voice she keeps doing. Maybe she's not fake, if so, good for her, but I can't take her seriously. Plus the music is boring as f.

Gwen Stefani - liked No Doubt, loved her first album, the second one had a few highlights that still gave me hope. Everything since her comeback has been just dreadful and honestly hard to believe it's the same person when you compare the music.

Pink - like everyone else here probably. She's just become so generic that I can't even listen to her older singles. I still do like the Misunderstood and Try This stuff, but everything else after that... nope.

Florence + the Machine - as an indie loving tween in high school I loved her first album, I still remember how magical it sounded. Something happened with the sophomore... even though it was more successful and everyone seemed to like it more, I couldn't click with it bar a few songs. Never really regained my love for her ever since. Nowadays I check her out, I like a song here and there (Hunger was a great one), but generally don't really care about her or have any wish to see her live. I don't even play Lungs anymore, leaves me cold more or less.

Ellie Goulding - I wasn't a BIG fan, but I liked her during Lights, Halcyon (the first edition without the basic re-release) was fine but underwhelming. Then the basic hits started and I can't stand her now. Not even Lights anymore.

I'll do some more another time. So many to write about
                      last.fm

Comment

Originally posted by Carbon View Post
                        Sia - I will forever worship her pre-2011 stuff, but the moment Titanium got released was the beginning of the end for me. And since then I've mostly been disappointed and actually found her songs and voice annoying. Fascinating how I can find her voice beautiful in one song, yet totally generic and dull in another.
                        I totally get you. I discovered Sia when she released We Are Born and loved the album, went to her back catalog and it was a real discovery. But it went terribly downhill from there.
                        I have received many gifts from God,
                        but this is the first time I have ever received a gift from a goddess

Don McLean on Madonna's version of American Pie

Comment

Originally posted by beredy View Post
                          I totally get you. I discovered Sia when she released We Are Born and loved the album, went to her back catalog and it was a real discovery. But it went terribly downhill from there.
                          Yeah, WAB was my first album, too. And I was such a huge fan that it’s actually heartbreaking to say I’m so indifferent towards her now, hard to make peace with it. Hope none of my other big faves ever pull something like that because idk how I’ll be able to handle it
                          last.fm

Comment

Kylie Minogue. She went downhill for me after X album and Golden was the final nail in the coffin. I'm so indifferent towards her, it's sad.

Bjork - Lost interest in her music after her third album. Her first three albums are flawless though. Same with Tori Amos, somewhere along the road i lost interest.
                            Cha Cha Instructor

Comment

Hope none of my other big faves ever pull something like that because idk how I’ll be able to handle it
                              Who's left?

Comment

Pink - like everyone else here probably. She's just become so generic that I can't even listen to her older singles. I still do like the Misunderstood and Try This stuff, but everything else after that... nope.
                                I only started to like P!nk in 2012/2013 (Try, Just Give Me A Reason).
                                From her older songs I only like Family Portrait.
                                My Instagram... - Click here

Comment

P!nk definitely. I used to stan for her, but after Funhouse she become so boring and uninspiring. I di like some songs from last three albums, but not even close as before.

honorable mention to

Eminem
                                  Panic! At The Disco
                                  Green Day
                                  Last FM <3
                                  Instagram

Comment

Y’all hate Pink now yet she’s held on better than most of our faves.
                                    Originally posted by beredy
                                    When people see your post this is what they see:

GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT.

Comment

I guess GP is basic as P!nk's music nowadays.
                                      Last FM <3
                                      Instagram

Comment

I think her melodies and lyrics are stronger now. Just listen to What About Us, Walk Me Home and Can We Pretend.

Comment

I know those songs, but they are nothing in comparassion to Who Knew, Family Portrait or Sober.
                                          Last FM <3
                                          Instagram

Comment

My disinterest in Pink now is so sad because my teenagers years were spent listening to her. Cant Take Me home thru Funhouse were great but everything since hasnt excited me. Most Girls, Split Personality, and You Make Me Sick are still bops.

Comment

Who's left?
                                              You have them on my last fm in my sig. I think I would die if Regina Spektor went the Sia route tho I’m a bit afraid of Marina due to her recent album, but I’m still hopeful!
                                              last.fm

Comment

You have them on my last fm in my sig. I think I would die if Regina Spektor went the Sia route tho I’m a bit afraid of Marina due to her recent album, but I’m still hopeful!
                                                I gave up on Marina with FROOT already. Such a try hard POS.

Comment

Originally posted by Goldmoney View Post
                                                  Y’all hate Pink now yet she’s held on better than most of our faves.
                                                  She's found a new audience and she knows it.

Comment

She really turned from a rebellious teenager to a Cirque du Soleil gymnast to a moms' favorite in a span of 20 years. Even my mom loves her too some reason.

Comment

No. If you like someone's music how you just stop being fan of them? Their music will always exist.
                                                      Blue hydrangea, cold cash divine. Cashmere, cologne and white sunshine.
                                                      Red racing cars, sunset and vine. And we were young and pretty.

Comment

I gave up on Marina with FROOT already. Such a try hard POS.
                                                        Stahp with the blasphemy
                                                        last.fm

Comment

Originally posted by abi View Post
                                                          She really turned from a rebellious teenager to a Cirque du Soleil gymnast to a moms' favorite in a span of 20 years. Even my mom loves her too some reason.
                                                          This describes it well. I mean, she's never been really experimental, but she was liked significantly due to her image of the 'Anti-Britney'. Instead of sexy and girl-next-door, she was wild and socio-critical. People from teens to adults loved her for that. Since 'The Truth About Love' but especially 'Beautiful Trauma', you can tell that she no longer wants to play the rebel but is fine with her role as mother and wife. It's pretty much the same with Robbie Williams: They were the most successful when they were at their lowest point in life and now, they want to share their joys with the world. But do people want to hear 'Love My Life' or 'Walk Me Home' from them? Inner peace and satisfaction doesn't have to equal bad music, but it has to encourage artists to be creative, innovative or original. Let's say that I'm not feeling P!nk being either of the three at the moment...
                                                          Is it offensive to fall in love with you and everything you do
                                                          and everything you stand for?
                                                          Could I break through your invisible wall, could I hide my pride for once,
                                                          just to tell you that I see more?

Comment

[MENTION=31471]RayRay[/MENTION] [MENTION=87497]Hejira[/MENTION] I cannot at these babies and their "I can only stan an artist when they have hits" schtick. If that's the mentality kids have these days, than I am ever more proud to be dusty. Good lord! Imagine missing out on some magic like this...

...just because her label dropped the ball in promoting her. What a blessing it is, then, to be able to listen to a good song and judge it on its own merits and not ask "Well, where did it place on the charts? What are its streaming numbers?" Ridiculous. Hope they grow out of it, they are only harming their own musical journeys with such shortsightedness. I'll pray
                                                            The sands of time fade into dark
                                                            Feel your pulse it's groove o'clock
                                                            A message to madness
                                                            Feel music that's realness

Comment

Originally posted by theMathematician View Post
                                                              This describes it well. I mean, she's never been really experimental, but she was liked significantly due to her image of the 'Anti-Britney'. Instead of sexy and girl-next-door, she was wild and socio-critical. People from teens to adults loved her for that. Since 'The Truth About Love' but especially 'Beautiful Trauma', you can tell that she no longer wants to play the rebel but is fine with her role as mother and wife. It's pretty much the same with Robbie Williams: They were the most successful when they were at their lowest point in life and now, they want to share their joys with the world. But do people want to hear 'Love My Life' or 'Walk Me Home' from them? Inner peace and satisfaction doesn't have to equal bad music, but it has to encourage artists to be creative, innovative or original. Let's say that I'm not feeling P!nk being either of the three at the moment...
                                                              You just named great tracks. I love those songs. But then again, I'm a huge Mariah and Madonna fan. I'm always ready for some great up lifting songs like Emotions, Make It Happen, Anytime You Need A Friend and Almost Home. Or True Blue, La Isla Bonita, Living For Love and Turn Up The Radio.

Comment

Working...
                                                              X