No announcement yet.

BRITs 2020

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I suspect Adele will eventually get it, but think of all the female artists from Britain who by rights should’ve had it years ago - Annie Lennox, Shirley Bassey, Dusty Springfield, Alison Moyet, Beverley Knight, Sade, Lulu...

Comment

Charli finally getting a solo nod (for an album that is only one third solo!) is great though Bat For Lashes being ignored and not getting her fourth (for a critically aclaimed return to form) is not.
      Tony's Charts ft Hits / Albums (15th Feb 20) - Cam, Polly Scattergood, Cerrone, Blanche, Seth Lakeman, La Roux

Comment

Originally posted by Thriller View Post
        I suspect Adele will eventually get it, but think of all the female artists from Britain who by rights should’ve had it years ago - Annie Lennox, Shirley Bassey, Dusty Springfield, Alison Moyet, Beverley Knight, Sade, Lulu...
        At least Annie has it as part of Eurythmics. For most people she is the face and main member of the group anyway.
        I have received many gifts from God,
        but this is the first time I have ever received a gift from a goddess

Don McLean on Madonna's version of American Pie

Comment

Originally posted by Blondini View Post
          Charli finally getting a solo nod (for an album that is only one third solo!) is great though Bat For Lashes being ignored and not getting her fourth (for a critically aclaimed return to form) is not.
          Any girl can stand behind fka. Magdalene was brilliant. I still don't understand how they didn't nominate her.

Comment

Originally posted by beredy View Post
            Any girl can stand behind fka. Magdalene was brilliant. I still don't understand how they didn't nominate her.
            It is nominated as part of the solo act nom. All BRITs noms (apart from the obvious ones) are based on album releases.
            Tony's Charts ft Hits / Albums (15th Feb 20) - Cam, Polly Scattergood, Cerrone, Blanche, Seth Lakeman, La Roux

Comment

Originally posted by Blondini View Post
              It is nominated as part of the solo act nom. All BRITs noms (apart from the obvious ones) are based on album releases.
              Obviously you get nominated ok n the account of your work in the year of eligibility, but not having her in album category is a blasphemous omission.

Comment

Billie Eilish, Harry Styles, Lewis Capaldi, Mabel and Stormzy will perform on Tuesday February 18 on ITV live from London's O2 Arena. They join the BRITs 2020 Rising Star winner Celeste who was already announced to take to the stage.

Comment

International Female
                  Ariana Grande
                  Billie Eilish
                  Lana Del Rey
                  Lizzo

Fixed.

And how come Harry Styles have the Best album nomination when his album have just released in December??

Comment

SholasBoy One for you, Rod Stewart will close the show this year. He previously did in 1993 when he won Outstanding Contribution.

Comment

Dua is not performing?
                      5.05.2009 / 6.22.2011 / 4.24.2013 / 4.25.2013 / 3.1.2014 / 9.13.2014 / 7.21.2016 / 7.14.2018 / 7.15.2018

Comment

Working...
                      X