No announcement yet.

BRITs 2020

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I suspect Adele will eventually get it, but think of all the female artists from Britain who by rights should’ve had it years ago - Annie Lennox, Shirley Bassey, Dusty Springfield, Alison Moyet, Beverley Knight, Sade, Lulu...

Comment

Charli finally getting a solo nod (for an album that is only one third solo!) is great though Bat For Lashes being ignored and not getting her fourth (for a critically aclaimed return to form) is not.
      Tony's Charts ft Hits / Albums (21st March 20) - Purity Ring, I Break Horses, Hilary Woods, Frazier Chorus, Shires, Maria McKee

Comment

Originally posted by Thriller View Post
        I suspect Adele will eventually get it, but think of all the female artists from Britain who by rights should’ve had it years ago - Annie Lennox, Shirley Bassey, Dusty Springfield, Alison Moyet, Beverley Knight, Sade, Lulu...
        At least Annie has it as part of Eurythmics. For most people she is the face and main member of the group anyway.
        I have received many gifts from God,
        but this is the first time I have ever received a gift from a goddess

Don McLean on Madonna's version of American Pie

Comment

Originally posted by Blondini View Post
          Charli finally getting a solo nod (for an album that is only one third solo!) is great though Bat For Lashes being ignored and not getting her fourth (for a critically aclaimed return to form) is not.
          Any girl can stand behind fka. Magdalene was brilliant. I still don't understand how they didn't nominate her.

Comment

Originally posted by beredy View Post
            Any girl can stand behind fka. Magdalene was brilliant. I still don't understand how they didn't nominate her.
            It is nominated as part of the solo act nom. All BRITs noms (apart from the obvious ones) are based on album releases.
            Tony's Charts ft Hits / Albums (21st March 20) - Purity Ring, I Break Horses, Hilary Woods, Frazier Chorus, Shires, Maria McKee

Comment

Originally posted by Blondini View Post
              It is nominated as part of the solo act nom. All BRITs noms (apart from the obvious ones) are based on album releases.
              Obviously you get nominated ok n the account of your work in the year of eligibility, but not having her in album category is a blasphemous omission.

Comment

Billie Eilish, Harry Styles, Lewis Capaldi, Mabel and Stormzy will perform on Tuesday February 18 on ITV live from London's O2 Arena. They join the BRITs 2020 Rising Star winner Celeste who was already announced to take to the stage.

Comment

International Female
                  Ariana Grande
                  Billie Eilish
                  Lana Del Rey
                  Lizzo

Fixed.

And how come Harry Styles have the Best album nomination when his album have just released in December??

Comment

SholasBoy One for you, Rod Stewart will close the show this year. He previously did in 1993 when he won Outstanding Contribution.

Comment

Dua is not performing?
                      5.05.2009 / 6.22.2011 / 4.24.2013 / 4.25.2013 / 3.1.2014 / 9.13.2014 / 7.21.2016 / 7.14.2018 / 7.15.2018

Comment

It’s on in just over quarter of an hour. I predict it to be the most boring one yet.

Comment

Originally posted by Thriller View Post
                          It’s on in just over quarter of an hour. I predict it to be the most boring one yet.
                          Yeah i'll probably have it on in the background but not exactly excited either. At most i'll be looking out for when Billie Eilish performs.

Comment

An article I recently read described the show in recent years as the equivalent of a load of white men in suits at a sales conference in a faceless chain hotel having a circle jerk.

Mabel did a good job at opening the show, she seemed buzzing to be there. Lewis was standard and ITV keep it vanilla by censoring his acceptance speech.

Comment

That’s actually so nice that Mabel performed and won 30 years exactly after Neneh Cherry did the same.

Love Falling by Harry Styles but they should’ve put an uptempo performance in between him and Lewis Capaldi.

Comment

Wow, Dave’s performance was so powerful. I don’t know much of his stuff but I applaud everything he said in that last 60 seconds.

Comment

So many ballads at this show, it really needs a kick up the arse. They should move it to a smaller venue too, the atmosphere is non-existent most of the time.

Comment

I actually loved when Jack was chatting to Harry with Lizzo in the background and he said "the brits 2070, Harry Styles and Niall Horan".

YES! Poor overlooked Niall totally robbed of the best international male award. (what a horrendous category that was).

I've been watching it on and off so don't even know who all the winners are.

Billie Eilish did a good job with No time to die whereas i thought Celeste was quite pitchy so maybe nerves were taking their toll.

Comment

Working...
                                    X