Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Solo or Together: Cheryl or Girls Aloud?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Solo or Together: Cheryl or Girls Aloud?

Solo or together: the premise is simple, I pick a famous group that eventually split and resulted in 1 or more artists going solo. You then decide which you prefer based on the music output - the soloist or the group? With each act, I will post 6 of their most famous songs to help remind you of their output.

#1 - Kelly Rowland or Destiny''s Child?

Kelly Rowland
    • Dilemma
    • Stole
    • Work
    • When Love Takes Over
    • Commander
    • Motivation

Destiny's Child
    • Say My Name
    • Jumpin' Jumpin'
    • Independent Women (Part 1)
    • Survivor
    • Bootylicious
    • Lose My Breath
    Cheryl
    0.00%
    Girls Aloud
    100.00%

I mean, honestly even Beyonce loses compared.to DC for me, sooo sorry Miss Kelly.
    I have received many gifts from God,
    but this is the first time I have ever received a gift from a goddess

Don McLean on Madonna's version of American Pie

Comment

Destiny’s Chile

Dilemma was the black anthem of 2002 (maybe more than any DC song) but most of her discography is pretty wack tbh except for Like This.
      Originally posted by beredy

When people see your post this is what they see:

GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT, GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT.

Comment

Rowland for me.

Her dance songs were immense.

Never really much bought into Destiny’s Child.

Comment

Rowland > DC for me too. She had some incredible songs.

Comment

Destiny's Child for me. Her solo discography is extremely inconsistent although Ms. Kelly might be one of my favorite albums of all time.

Comment

Solo for me. I don’t care at all for DC, and I like a number of her solo songs. Motivation, Work and Commander are bops, Dirty Laundry is brutal.
              last.fm

Comment

I love Kelly. Such a shame she has never fully reached her potential as a solo artist.

Still in Love With My X is still my JAM!
                Haven't been early since '88

Comment

Dilemna>DC whole discography
                  Xtina/Snoh ​​Aalegra/Rihanna/Ari Lennox

Comment

When you pit those six Kelly songs against the six DC songs in the OP, this looks like a much closer fight than it actually is. I think DC's discography has more depth of quality than Kelly's, but I did have to think about it a bit. Kelly's had some magical moments in her solo career.
                    Akini's Top 400 Songs of the Decade: [135-131]

Comment

Both have great singles and let's say 'solid' album tracks. The difference probably is that Destiny's Child as a trio have more star appeal and they supported the girl power thing more than Kelly Rowland ever could as a solo artist. I guess it also harmed Kelly that she never had that one big signature hit like e.g. 'Bills Bills Bills' or 'Survivor'.
                      WHEN WE ALL FALL ASLEEP, WHERE DO WE GO?

Comment

My YouTube Channel - The best songs of the 80s, 90s and 2000s

Comment

Originally posted by Benny View Post
                          I love madtv and this parody is in point. : D
                          Xtina/Snoh ​​Aalegra/Rihanna/Ari Lennox

Comment

Destiny's Child

Comment

Originally posted by theMathematician View Post
                              I guess it also harmed Kelly that she never had that one big signature hit like e.g. 'Bills Bills Bills' or 'Survivor'.
                              Unpopular opinion but I think Dilemma is bigger than anything DC ever put out.

Comment

^I think "Dilemma" is on par with "Say My Name" and "Crazy in Love". The streaming numbers say so as well.

Comment

Originally posted by Wayne View Post
                                  Rowland for me.

Her dance songs were immense.

Never really much bought into Destiny’s Child.
                                  same here

Comment

Kelly Rowland
                                    I am not trying to seduce you... Would you like me to seduce you? Is that what you're trying to tell me?

Comment

What a bizarre question. Destiny's Child by MILES. They are an iconic girl band. Kelly Rowland has been sporadic in release frequency and quality!

Like This killed her career, she was lucky she had the freemasons remix of Work afterwards and When Love Takes Over.
                                      thank u, next

Comment

DC have edged forward - going to update this later today, any last minute views?

Comment

Well I never really cared much about Destiny‘s Child but Kelly‘s last EP and her last album were quite decent. Plus "Commander" is THAT bop so I guess I‘ll say solo.
                                          Britney Spears • Janet Jackson • Christina Aguilera • Michael Jackson • Selena Gomez • Hilary Duff • Taylor Swift • Justin Timberlake

Comment

Solo K-Row BY FAR.

Work is one of my favourite songs of all time with a simple but perfect video. The song still delivers now.

Motivation is one of the hottest videos of all time

Her stunning ballad Unity should have been a single and is perfection - check it out

Forever And A Day is an underrated dance earworm

Flop Singles Rose Colored Glasses and Grown Woman are stellar

Her last two albums are chock full of great songs...Lay It On Me, Turn It Up, Put Your Name On It, I Remember, Red Wine, Gone, Down On Love...

WE NEED NEW SOLO KELLY!!!

This ain't gon be easy

Comment

Originally posted by HotPotato View Post
                                              Singles Rose Colored Glasses and Grown Woman are stellar
                                              Oh "Grown Woman" was cute. I swear though "Grown Woman", "Still In Love With My Ex" and "Comeback" could've been hits, at least on Urban - but her label was duuuumb.

Comment

Definitely solo.

Comment

Destiny's Child

Comment

Working...
                                                  X