No announcement yet.

Top Female-Led Singles Countdown - 2010s - COMPLETED

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HotPotato, sis, I hope you gave just as much love to Kween as you did to Super Bowl co-headliner.
    Originally posted by beredy
    When people see your post this is what they see:

GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT.

Comment

• Originally posted by cheapthrills View Post

If you hadn't voted for Havana, it wouldn't have made the top 100.
      I guess Aaronjhbkygfhj had a point?

GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT.

Comment

• Originally posted by Goldmoney View Post
        HotPotato, sis, I hope you gave just as much love to Kween as you did to Super Bowl co-headliner.
        Sadly The Tens were not the best decade for Kween's single choices...
        This ain't gon be easy

Comment

• Originally posted by HotPotato View Post

Sadly The Tens were not the best decade for Kween's single choices...
          At least I’ll always have this:

Comment

• In a parallel universe overlooked ratchettery Thirsty is sitting pretty in my Top 5.
            This ain't gon be easy

Comment

• Originally posted by RayRay View Post
              But isn't Conchita Wurst a man? Yes, he wears a dress, but Boy George is not voteable either, is he?
              If I remember correctly, Tansike had asked earlier on whether Wurst was eligible as he portrays (or rather used to portray) a female stage persona and cheapthrills allowed it. Boy George, despite having a flamboyant image, has always performed as a man, hasn't he? But in the context of Wurst: He gave up 'Conchita' with his last album, so singles from that album wouldn't have been eligible in case anyone bothered to vote for them.
              WHEN WE ALL FALL ASLEEP, WHERE DO WE GO?

Comment

• Originally posted by theMathematician View Post

If I remember correctly, Tansike had asked earlier on whether Wurst was eligible as he portrays (or rather used to portray) a female stage persona and cheapthrills allowed it. Boy George, despite having a flamboyant image, has always performed as a man, hasn't he? But in the context of Wurst: He gave up 'Conchita' with his last album, so singles from that album wouldn't have been eligible in case anyone bothered to vote for them.
                I never saw him as a female persona. I mean, he had a beard.
                My Instagram... - Click here

Comment

• Originally posted by Goldmoney View Post
                  I guess Aaronjhbkygfhj had a point?

Originally posted by RayRay View Post

I never saw him as a female persona. I mean, he had a beard.
                  theMathematician is right. I can't remember who asked ahead of time, but it was a gray enough area that I allowed it. Conchita referred to herself as a she when in that persona, and so I ruled in favor of gender fluidity for that one. It's too bad she didn't make the top 100 - I can only imagine the discussion

Comment

• That was my 2nd and last Adele vote on my list, Cool to see it (just) made the T100, I thought I'd strategically refrain from voting RITD, Someone Like You, Set Fire to the Rain or Hello. Would've been nice to get a video for it, although like with Set Fire To The Rain, I think the 'performance footage' aspect of some of the live performances (SNL, The BRITS 2016) works just as well. Such a grand song.

Also..... cheapthrills are you forgetting the 'Dance Again' (2012) and 'A.K.A.' (2014) era J.Lo? It'd be true if you mentioned she hasn't released an ALBUM in 6 years (this year), but even then she has been dropping songs every now and again since then (including Ain't Your Mama, Us, etc).

Havana really hit it off for Camila. It's a sound she's returned to for things like Senorita, Liar, and Oh My My since.

Interesting Man Down made it in the T100, and CFB's #1. It's probably the one (apart from Raining Men with Nicki) that is more background in memory of the LOUD singles, aprt from it's video which stirred up a bit of controversy (California King Bed was released about a week later according to wikipedia and the era kinda moved along).

oh and Rude Boy, I see you. IIRC Rihanna's first #1 of the 2010's (in Australia) and a jam.
                    UKMIXtapes Vol.3 | ROUND 9!

Comment

• I like Man Down, but the songs by Adele, Camila and Jennifer Lopez sound horrible.
                      I am not trying to seduce you... Would you like me to seduce you? Is that what you're trying to tell me?

Comment

• Didn’t expect "No Sleeep" to make it to the top 100.
                        Also I did not vote for "Man Down".
                        Britney Spears • Janet Jackson • Christina Aguilera • Michael Jackson • Selena Gomez • Hilary Duff • Taylor Swift • Justin Timberlake

Comment

• Originally posted by Affillate View Post

Also..... cheapthrills are you forgetting the 'Dance Again' (2012) and 'A.K.A.' (2014) era J.Lo? It'd be true if you mentioned she hasn't released an ALBUM in 6 years (this year), but even then she has been dropping songs every now and again since then (including Ain't Your Mama, Us, etc).
                          Yes, I meant album because of course with albums, there's always a bit more at stake and more promo.

Originally posted by Affillate View Post
                          Interesting Man Down made it in the T100, and CFB's #1. It's probably the one (apart from Raining Men with Nicki) that is more background in memory of the LOUD singles, aprt from it's video which stirred up a bit of controversy (California King Bed was released about a week later according to wikipedia and the era kinda moved along).
                          Yes, these lower stage top 100 placements were really helped if the song was in someone's top ten, as it just needed a couple mid-list placements from a couple other people to make it then.

Originally posted by JeremySpears View Post
                          Didn’t expect "No Sleeep" to make it to the top 100.
                          Also I did not vote for "Man Down".
                          trebor already beat you to that complaint. He voted for it. Your column is next to him on my spreadsheet so I misread.

But yes, Janet just squeaked through. Had she gotten two points less, she would have missed out.

Comment

• Comment

• Comment

• Comment

• Comment

• Comment

• Comment

• Love You Like A Love Song and Anywhere are the cream of that crop.
                                        This ain't gon be easy

Comment

• These 5 songs are reeeeally good

Thanks cheapthrills for your hard work!!

Comment

• Rita Ora's Anywhere is such a great holiday song.

P!nk's What About Us is another gem I really love. I wonder if it had done better in the US, had it not been about Trump.
                                            My Instagram... - Click here

Comment

• Except Partition the spots 95 to 91 are bad. I did not vote for the Selena song ^^
                                              I am not trying to seduce you... Would you like me to seduce you? Is that what you're trying to tell me?

Comment

• I think I was the one who gave Love You Like A Love Song 38 pts.

This song reminded me of my Uni year (i'm so old now T-T). It was fascinating how many different people (including me) misheard the lyric and will sing the chorus as "I love you like I love somebody" instead of "I love you like a love song baby"

Comment

• Love You Like A Love Song is such a guilty pleasure. I loved it when I was in High School.
                                                  I forgot about Partition - definitely my favourite Beyoncé songs. One of the only songs of hers that I can tolerate these days.
                                                  Rita's Anywhere was a great pop track that cut through a lot of the mumble hip/hop tracks that dominated the latter half of the decade.
                                                  I should have given P!nk's What About Us a few more votes upon reflection. It was a great change of style for her as she's been arguably been releasing the same album since 2006. Beautiful Trauma was a great album - it was a shame what she followed it up with.

Comment

• I Knew You Were Trouble was a bit of a watershed moment for Pop Taylor, even before Shake It Off kickstarted the 1989 era. was on the maybe list for a bit there as my 2012 already had a lot of songs and I considered only placing 2 Taylor songs. I remember hearing it on the radio and not quite recognising it was Taylor at first IIRC, it starts off with that little riffy part which is still fairly in that country/folsky kinda area, then that dubstep drop switches it up a bit, I was then like 'wait this is Taylor Swift'??

I think the name you're looking for there is Shania Twain, cheapthrills, She was even able to straddle both genres with the dual mixes (the UP! album) and dance mixes (like That Don't Impress Me Much). Many of her songs work well in both pop and country arrangements (watching the reputation tour on Netflix Taylor even did a a whole bit about an acoustic guitar version of Dancing With Our Hands Tied, which would work if she really countrified it up also IMO).

Nice to see Anywhere. Is there any more Rita coming up? Partition is a Jam, ITA it's probably one of Bey's most suggestive singles, one of my 2014 picks making the T100! I think I have one more left from that year.

Likewise What About Us was a slight shift for Pink in terms of the EDM-ness and her pattern of a lot of her lead singles being outspoken tracks with rockier elements. Who else loves the 'Clap-Clap' instrumental drop? It's anthemic and the video is also pretty grand.

I previously said Hold It Against Me won of the FF singles, Criminal hadn't appeared yet! Still unless HIAM wasn't voted, It's still to come. Can't Be Tamed was nice, funny how this was one of Miley's first attempts at trying to shed the Hannah Montana image, little did we know a couple years later she would dial it up to 11 during the Bangerz era...

Love You Like A Love Song is fun too, I didn't fit in any Selena Gomez votes, but between this and Come & Get It were some of her early 10's jams.
                                                    Last edited by Affillate; Mon February 24th, 2020, 12:32.
                                                    UKMIXtapes Vol.3 | ROUND 9!

Comment

Working...
                                                    X